* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24186 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« on: 18/01/18, 10:18 »
Hello!  :)

I am pleased to welcome you to your new home!

The old thread can still be read but will be locked. You can find it here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=341463.0

Happy chatting  :)

Cloudy - Moderator

Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 2/02/18, 10:35 »
    Hi ladies, I'm wondering if I can please join you after reading everything from the previous board. We've been referred to Care Nottingham for PGD as a genetic condition runs in my husbands family. We've known this would be the path we would take for years but we were busy doing other things first. We've now got our fist appointment in March. We've not even started this process and I'm already finding the waiting and uncertainty difficult. I feel better to now have a date for the next step but actually feel quite nervous about the whole thing now. My husband is 34 and I'm about to turn 34 soon - so feeling nervous about time not being on our side. Having the appointment date has given me the kick I needed to make a proper effort at getting healthy and hopefully losing a few pounds. Hoping I'm strong enough to cope emotionally. After initially telling nobody, we've just told a few friends and family members that this is what we will be going through. It has sounded like such a difficult journey for all of you. Sending best wishes your way xx

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 2/02/18, 17:56 »
    Hello, welcome to the board :) it is scary and a real rollercoaster, but, well worth it when it pays off. Good luck :)

I've just had egg collection and feel rotten. Weak and in pain, not helped by bad constipation! 20 follicles last scan, but 9 eggs today - was hoping for 12+. But it is what it is , hopefully almost all (too much to hope for all?!) fertilise and we get strong healthy embryos. Xx

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 2/02/18, 20:59 »
    Hi Susan,
    Well done on the egg collection. Exciting but scary too to be moving through forward through the process. Look after yourself and hope you are felling better soon.

Offline suffolkgirl

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 3/02/18, 08:18 »
    Welcome Hopeful! This is a great place for support on your journey, pgd is such a unique thing to go through I found it so useful and comforting to know I wasn't the only one going through it as it was something none of my family or friends had done.

It was something I always knew I had to do but the reality of getting started was daunting. Tried to take one step at a time and not think too far ahead. I know I've been incredibly fortunate in my pgd journey compared to some but have also had some very tough times, like Susan said it is a rollercoaster!

Wishing you all the luck on your journey!

Susan hope you're ok, just read your diary entry. Have you spoken to the clinic about the pain? Please get check out if it's not going or getting worse :(  Will you find out today how many fertilise?x

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 3/02/18, 09:53 »
    Hi suffolkgirl, yes should hear today, any minute in fact. Will say about the pain - I can't work out if it's ohss, constipation aggravating my tender ovaries, or something else. Praying fertilisation is good and they're top quality and I can go ahead with transfer Wednesday - seems very uncertain just now. How's you? Hope you and babe are doing well? :) xx

Offline suffolkgirl

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 3/02/18, 13:42 »
    Have got everything crossed for you Susan! Which clinic are you at? 9 is still a really good number so hopeful you'll have something to transfer come Wednesday.

I'm doing ok thanks, time seems to be going pretty quickly, 23 weeks today already! Nervous about this one coming early like ds as was quite a scary experience but hoping that won't happen again x

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 3/02/18, 19:12 »
    Welcome Hopeful! PGD is an incredibly tough journey and itís been a god-send having the support of everyone on this thread, it has definitely helped me to talk about things with people that are going through the same. I would say the same as Suffolkgirl - try and focus on one day at a time and be patient and kind to yourself. Wishing you the best of luck with your upcoming cycle.

Well done Susan on your 9 eggs and wishing you the best with fertilisation. I know youíre disappointed with the number but your lucky one hopefully is there! Keep the faith. If it makes you feel better I collected 10 eggs on two round but I do have low AMH.

Hi to Suffolkgirl and hope your doing well and enjoying your pregnancy:-)

A question for everyone - has anyone used aspirin before a FET or after embryo transfers? Iím preparing for a FET but donít know if itís safe to take aspirin with fragmin - which is the same as clexane. Has anyone taken this? My doctor didnít advise but he said it could help implantation. Also has anyone had the EmbryoGlue? I know you were at CRGH Suffolkgirl- do they use the glue or aspirin? Also what is optimal level of progesterone before transfer?

Many thanks!

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 3/02/18, 20:04 »
    Thanks both. Seven fertilised normally from 8 matured eggs, so pretty happy with that :) I dont want to sound ungrateful as I know 9 eggs is decent - its just with high amh and 20 follicles I thought we might have got more so it was a surprise. However just need one good sticky one, we only want one more child :)

Molly - I thought fragmin did the same job as aspirin, I think it helps little clots which clexane does too? I would check with your clinic as too much blood thinning can't be good either. I used fragmin the first two cycles but not this one so tempted to add aspirin. I've heard great things about embryo glue :)

Suffolk girl, how early was your first?? Can't believe you're 23 weeks already, great you're very close to the 24 week mark :) xx

Offline suffolkgirl

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 3/02/18, 21:44 »
    Hi Molly, Yes I was at crgh. Definelty had clexane for all transfers and I think I had aspirin for my first FET but not for the second, not sure why that was. I never had the embryo glue though.

Susan 7 is a great number to be fertilised! Do they take the cells for testing tomorrow and then you get results Wednesday? Trying to remember what the timings were.

I know, can't believe I'm over half way! DS arrived at 33+4. His early arrival was due to placental abruption so was a real emergency c section. Just so grateful I went to the hospital when I did otherwise the outcome might not have been the same. That's the bit that worries me rather than the early arrival as such. Having had the experience of the neonatal ward with ds that doesn't seem so daunting but praying for a much calmer arrival on planned c section date this time!x