* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24174 times)

0 Members

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #110 on: 18/05/18, 21:47 »
Littlebear6 Ė Sending positive wishes for your egg collection. Letís hope some of the smaller follicles will have caught up with the big ones.

SummerSun1 Ė Iím glad to find another person on the long protocol too. I was starting to think we were the only ones. Itís good to hear youíve not had too many symptoms so far. Glad your system is following the plan too.

Lexabeth Ė I agree that it really does seem to move along very slowly. Like SummerSun said, I donít think nudging things along. I donít want to be unreasonable so try to give it a realistic amount of time but will then chase things up.

MeganBanting Ė Amazing number of follicles on your scan! Look after yourself over the weekend. My fingers are crossed that those follicles with grow.

I canít wait to get started too.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SMA1-Mum

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 19/05/18, 20:46 »
    Keep going everyone!

Don't worry too much about going back for an additional scan - I had to for egg collection and the few days made a massive difference. It's just a case of being patient (easier said than done!)

I had a successful scan on Thursday and have transfer on the 24th - scrapped over the minimum limit for lining thickness by 0.1mm! It means we don't have to go back down to London again until next week which is great. Really getting nervous about the transfer now!

Because my transfer is the week before half term, does anyone have any bright ideas about things to do to keep your mind off the dreaded 2WW?

All the best for everyone with your stimms and referrals

Offline littlebear6

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 20/05/18, 13:47 »
    Hi all. I had my egg collection yesterday and they collected 11 which I was pleased with but they phoned this morning to say only 8 were mature and only 5 had fertilised which was a little disappointing. However they just phoned again and said a 6th one had been a bit slow out of the blocks but has now fertilised. Still rather fewer than Iíd been hoping for but one of them must surely be good!

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 21/05/18, 10:44 »
    Hoping everyone is doing well. Weíre still waiting for our  test to be developed. Told that the target date is 6/6/18. Hopefully we can start planning and preparing for our treatment soon after that.

SMA1-Mum Ė Good luck with your transfer on the 24th. Itís understandable that you are feeling anxious but try not to worry too much and keep positive about the treatment. Itís good at least that you wonít have too much travelling back and forth to the clinic to do. Take good care of yourself and get the rest you need. Iíve not faced the 2ww yet but I expect it will help to keep busy. I guess that depends on what you are interested it! Perhaps you can find some yummy recipes to cook. If youíre into craft, you could find a few projects to work on and maybe have a few things to show for the time. If the weather is nice, perhaps pottering in the garden or some short walks. You could book in some meet ups with friends or family. I am finding that time gets zapped up by exploring the family tree. Some people have suggested watching some funny movies. Also, others have benefitted from meditation or relaxation. If youíre really struggling, you could always do some spring cleaning projects.

Littlebear6 Ė Well done one your egg collection. I hope you found it ok. The numbers that donít make it through the process must be hard to take although that is to be expected. There are still 6 in the running. Try to stay positive that the one you need is in that bunch. My fingers are crossed for you x

Offline nai87

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 21/05/18, 17:27 »
    Hi Ladies sorry to be popping in and out. I just got an email from my PGD clinic (Oxford) that is really worrying me as it sounds as though there is a possibility that we will not be able to progress any further. This is what it said:

The external  Lab have now reviewed the reports for you and your sister and they indicate say that you and your sister may have different ďnormal haplotypesĒ which may make the probe/test development problematic.   The doctor has reviewed this and has asked the Lab for further information/clarification from them that we are awaiting.   I just want to be sure that the probe can be developed before we can offer you the medical consultation.

Does this mean anything to anyone? Kind of panicking that this is it for us now.

Offline MeganBanting

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 21/05/18, 17:45 »
    Hello everyone, hope we're all doing well.

Littlebear6 - glad to hear your egg collection went well. I'm sure there'll be good news once your embryos have been tested - I know it's been said before, but it only takes one for you to end up with a beautiful, healthy baby.

SMA1-Mum - good luck for ET! I think everyone's right, it's all about keeping busy in the 2WW, and looking after yourself. I'll keep everything crossed for you that it goes well.

Nai87 - I feel something from dad's army, but don't panic! Call them and ask to speak to someone for clarification as to what it is exactly they're waiting for. I know we had a delay as our test took longer than planned to 'make', so it could just be the same sort of thing. Even if it turns out they can't do it, they should still offer you an appointment to explain why. But it reads to me that they just need to approach things from a different angle. Like I said give them a call - you'll just get yourself all worried, and it could be over nothing.

We had another scan today. Lead follicle is at 20.5mm, so all systems go! Trigger shot at 9.30 tomorrow night and collection on Thursday. Apparently 11of my 16 follicles are on the left - I thought it was a bit twingy on that side! - and are all around the same size, so should be the best quality. Everything crossed here for a decent haul!

X

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 21/05/18, 20:59 »
    Happy Monday!  Sounds like some good progress from the weekend!   

LittleBear - well done on the egg collection, 6 is a good number, it must be so hard waiting for the results.  When do you expect to hear?

MeganBanting - great news on the follicles, fingers crossed for EC on Thursday.
    SMA1-Mum - good luck for transfer, also on Thursday.

And I'm in for my first scan and hopefully starting stims also on Thursday so it's a busy day for our little thread  :)

Nai87 - totally agree with MeganBanting, try to get in touch with the hospital tomorrow.  It sounds like there is hope it can be sorted.  Are they trying to make one test for both you and your sister? 

As for the waiting, I have written a list of things that pass the time, so whenever I find myself stressing too much, or looking up the internet too much, I pick something off the list to do.  Pretty much everything Hopeful said but I've also recently discovered online courses - I never get very far with them but they're good for a bit of distraction!

Offline SMA1-Mum

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 22/05/18, 07:03 »
    For those worried about the drop off rate for egg collection - here is what happened with us :

13 eggs collected of which only 10 were mature
    8/10 fertilised initially
    6/8 made it to freezing at day 5
    4/6 were clear of SMA1

So out of 13 eggs we only have 4. The drop off rate is very steep. I read recently that if you get around 15 eggs it gives the best chance of good quality embryos. With more than 15, it risks quantity over quality.

Hope this helps! All the best for egg collection - it's not too bad,just make sure you rest afterwards!

Don't worry about having a letter stating difficulties - they wouldn't send it if they weren't working on a way around it.

Keep going everyone!  Remember it's a marathon not a sprint!

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 24/05/18, 10:02 »
    Hello ladies,

nai87 - Sorry to hear you'd been worried by the message from your clinic. It doesn't mean much to me but I agree that calling your clinic to seek clarification is likely to be helpful. It sounds more like they've hit an unexpected glitch rather than them saying that making your test is not possible. I hope you were able to call the clinic and that this has helped.

MeganBanting - Good luck with your egg collection today. Hoping it runs smoothly and that a good number of eggs are collected. Hopefully the twinging will ease once the eggs are removed.

SummerSun1 - Good idea about the list of activities to choose from when you're feeling worried of googling too much. That's fab! I'm going to do the same when our time comes. Hope your scan was ok and that you are able to start stimms today.

SMA1-Mum - Good luck with your transfer today! The drop off rate is very steep but it's good to know you still have 6 unaffected embryos. Hopefully the one put in today will stick but at least your have some in reserve to try again.

LittleBear - Hoping you're well after your egg collection. I hope you're hanging in there during the wait for your test results. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. 

Offline Sparkle789

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 24/05/18, 13:05 »
    Hello everyone! Sorry i havent been here in a while, its been busy juggling starting nursery and going back to work and then all the bloody germs!! But looks like weíve got a lot of new members join so welcome everybody!
    Good luck with anyone who is cycling right now, I will hopefully catch up soon but not really sure what stage everyone is at currently.

Afm, we had originally planned transfer for july but im wondering if we should hold off another month just so that im a bit more settled at work and to get the majority of the summer out of the way. Although i would probably want a break of a few months if it doesnt work so am in two minds. Plus my sister is now pregnant with her third(!), and her older two are 7&5 so i keep thinking it will be soo nice for our babies to be close in age and our mat leave to overlap - but i know this shouldnt be a deciding factor lol!

Im trying to get healthy again but its difficult to do especially as im working part time so on my off days im useless with food routine! Work days are a bit easier but its still much harder with a toddler to sort out every morning and evening!