* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24164 times)

0 Members

Offline littlebear6

• Un-Ranked
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #120 on: 24/05/18, 19:45 »
SMA1-Mum and MeganBanting how did you get on today? Hope everything went well for you both.

I got an update today on my embryos. They have biopsied and frozen 4 today and there is a 5th which wasnít looking quite good enough today but they will check it again tomorrow to see if they can get a sample from it. Anyway Iím reasonably happy with 4 - fingers crossed one of them will be ok! Ideally would like a couple that are healthy so that Iíve got a back up in case transfer fails first time. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the results?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MeganBanting

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 24/05/18, 20:09 »
    Hi everyone

Egg collection went amazingly well today - we got 21 eggs!  :o I'm really hoping the this'll mean we won't have to go through all this bit again. Just got to keep everything crossed they do the right thing overnight and the next 5 days or so  :)
    We did have a bit of disappointing news while we were there that because of the pathway we're on (it's the first time they've tested for our condition) it could take 3-6 months before we're ready for transfer and can be sure which embryos are clear of the condition. Still, as my DH said, it means we can have a lovely, relaxing summer and start again in the autumn. I'd just rather it wait!

Littlebear6 - so glad you've got 4 embies for testing, that's a good number. I'm sure at least one of them will be what you need  :)

SMA1-Mum - hope your transfer went well - now to keep yourself busy for the next couple of weeks. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Off for an early bed for me - so tired!

X

Offline Sparkle789

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 24/05/18, 21:52 »
    Hi littlebear thats great you have 4 eggs frozen, hopefully youíll have a couple of good ones in there!
    My clinic took about 2 weeks to call back with the results of the pgd, it felt like it was going to take ages but i remember being taken aback by the phonecall as i didnt realise time had gone so quick!

Megan - 21 eggs is amazing!! Hopefully you will have a good fertilization rate!

Good luck for the 2ww SMA1-mum - have you made any plans to help pass the time more quickly?

Offline littlebear6

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 25/05/18, 11:54 »
    Wow 21 is a great number Megan! Fingers crossed they develop well.

My 5th embryo was successfully biopsied and frozen today and the samples for all 5 are being sent off to the genetics lab today with results due in 2-3 weeks.

Offline SMA1-Mum

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 25/05/18, 18:48 »
    ET went OK -  the doctor put in the best one which turns out to be a carrier which is fine. I am a bit relieved in a way as it makes it easier to explain about our daughter if it works. I was in work today covering my jobshare but it's not half term and I will be buried under reports and assessmofor most of the week which will keep me busy if rather bored! Luckily I only have to wait 11 days to do the test so it's not as long as it could be!

Congrats on the egg collection!  It bodes well for the next stage.

Don't worry about the test taking time - it's better to have a more accurate test that you have to wait longer for. Weekend our test came back a couple of weeks earlier than we thought so you never know!

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 28/05/18, 08:24 »
    How is everyone doing?

21 eggs Megan!  That's amazing, hope you get some great news on the fertilisation. 

SMA1-Mum - glad the ET went well, and good that you have work to keep you busy until test day.

I'm on day 5 of sims, and so far so good.  I feel a few twinges but not sure if I'm imagining it because otherwise I feel fine.  So of course I'm now worried that the drugs aren't working and nothing is going on!!  Not in for a scan until the end of the week which is not great for reassurance.

Ah well, just another thing I have zero control of!  Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the bank holiday weekend.

Offline MeganBanting

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 28/05/18, 08:44 »
    Hi everyone,

Well, the news on fertilisation was pretty good - we got 13 little growers! Should get the call tomorrow or Wednesday to tell us how many are fit for biopsy and freezing.

SummerSun1 - I had almost no discomfort at all until day 8 or 9 of stims, so don't let that worry you. By the end, all jeans were off and it was dresses all the way! I didn't have my first scan until day 9 and it was really hard not knowing what was going on, but it'll all come out right in the end  :)

SMA1-Mum - Glad you'll be able to keep busy and that the wait won't be quite as long as 2 weeks.
    I know it'll be the best thing for our testing to take longer in terms of being 100% sure they're clear, and I know a few extra months won't make a difference when we've waited 18 months so far, especially in the future... I'm just an impatient little bug sometimes!  ;D

Littlebear6 - 5 is a great number of frozen embryos. Hope the testing all goes well and you end up with a few left.

Hope everyone else is doing well too. Enjoy the bank holiday, especially if you're in the sun!

X

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 28/05/18, 23:21 »
    Sparkle89 - it's hard not to just want to plough ahead especially when most people have faced a lot of waiting already but sounds like you have a lot to juggle and it may help to feel more settled back into work before adding further treatment into the mix. It's also hard when the people close to you are getting pregnant and wanting to join in but these things often take time anyway and the best laid plans don't always work out that neatly.

LittleBear6 - 5 is a good number of frozen embryos for testing. Hoping you've been keeping busy to help the time pass.

SMA1-Mum - well done on your egg transfer! Not too long to wait to test. Sounds like you've got plenty of work to keep you busy over half-term. Doesn't sound all that fun though! Make sure you find time to do a few nice things too.

SummerSun1 - glad to hear that you're coping well with Stims and are not having a lot of horrible symptoms. It's hard not being in control but try not to worry too much. Perhaps you need to concentrate on keeping busy so your scan at the end of the week will be here before you know it. Hang in there!

MeganBanting - great number of eggs collected. That's a good number fertilised too. Hoping you'll have a good amount for testing. It's hard in the process not to grow impatient with all the waiting! I hope you can make the most of the summer and plan in some lovely things to do. Try to hang in there! Good advice about the dresses!

We're still waiting for our test to be made but hoping that will be done in just over a week. It feels like ages since we sent off our samples. I'm starting some extra hours at work which will bring in some extra pennies and should help the time to pass. I'm not sure how this will work with treatment when this starts but I've got some flexibility in the extra hours so will not do them on weeks where I can't.

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 29/05/18, 07:27 »
    Thanks MeganBanting, that makes me feel a bit better.  I have my "fat jeans" and baggy tops at the ready for when I need them  ;D
    Great news on the fertilisation rate as well!

Hopeful - wil you be able to get started straight away once your test is ready?  That's a good plan working more to pass the time and get money.  I've actually found the timetable for treatment to be much less hassle than I'd expected and I haven't needed as much time off as I'd thought.  I was worried about having to tell work what I was up to but so far have got away with a few vague excuses about doctor's appointments and a couple of half days.

Offline Sparkle789

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 29/05/18, 13:57 »
    Hello ladies hope you all had a good bank holiday weekend!

Megan - 13 fertilised is amazing! Hopefully they will all grow well which should give you a good chance of having some unaffected embryos!

Summer sun - good luck with stims! Fwiw, i didnt feel any discomfort really during the stims and I was upped to the highest dose after the first few days. though I only got 11 eggs so maybe it would have been worse if I got more eggs.

Hopeful - thanks for the wise words. You are right, there is a lot going on and im getting impatient. But i was talking to hubby last night and he said to me there will never be a right time, which made me think that perhaps its true and im really only looking to wait an extra month at the moment, so how much difference will that make. Not much in terms of having a baby if we are successful, but perhaps a lot of difference in making me feel more ďreadyĒ 🤷🏻‍♀️ Ahh hate having to make these kind of decisions!

Hope everyone else is doing ok with all the waiting! Feels like we are always waiting for something or the other!