* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24169 times)

0 Members

Offline littlebear6

• Un-Ranked
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #150 on: 15/06/18, 16:19 »
SummerSun good luck with the 2WW I have my fingers crossed for you.

Unfortunately I have just received my results and all of my 5 embryos are duds - 4 affected by my syndrome and 1 with chromosomal abnormalities. Canít believe it, Iím gutted. I thought weíd get at least one that we could transfer.

Iím not sure where we go from here. Whether to do another cycle or just go back to trying naturally and go down the CVS/TFMR route again.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 15/06/18, 17:49 »
    Oh Littlebear, I'm so so sorry.  This whole thing just sucks, it's so unfair.  Nothing more useful or helpful to say, look after yourself and take your time thinking of the next steps x

Offline Sparkle789

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 15/06/18, 23:59 »
    Summersun thats brilliant news congrats on being PUPO! Its so exciting!! I really really hope its a positive for you, and to think in two weeks time you could be properly pregnant!!! You may have already said sorry, is it NhS cycle or private? Have u got anything planned for the 2ww to make it go quicker?
    Pregnancy after treatment was hell for me tbh. I was so so so so so anxious!!! I was shaking before every scan and couldnt look at the screen until i heard them say everything was ok. I only started to relax a but adter the 20week scan. We disnt even tell people until after that! And i bought my stuff 3 weeks before I was due. What i found difficult was that due to my history i had been so so so focused on just making it through the pregnancy that I didnt give it any thought at all what it might be like to have a baby. So I found it very hard when she finally was here!

Anyway, I just called my clinic today and booked in my 3D SIS so its starting to feel real now!! Still need to get my bloods done and get the results in and they all have to be clear otherwise my treatment will get delayed as i will need to have a scratch before my cycle, so if i dont get my bloods done and the results arent clear within the mext week or so, it will all get pushed back a cycle which, now that im getting in the mindset to go, is a bit fristrating. My own fault though, i didnt bother getting them done before!

Offline Sparkle789

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 16/06/18, 00:03 »
    Oh no littlebear Iím so sorry to hear your sad news :( is it a 50% condition you have? Thats such bad luck and its so hard to prepare for something like that especially when you have 5 embryos. You poor thing :(

I wonder if you could try doing a batch cycle? Someone i know did that it was more because she didnt respond well i think i cant remember but she had 3 rounds of stims and then they got all the embryos together and sent them for testing so that way she had more embryos. I think she got 4 in the end that were clear and one of them became her daughter.

Look after yourself xx

Offline MrsBee87

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 16/06/18, 09:35 »
    Hi everyone, iíll Read through soon and catch up with everyone. I had a bad day yesterday. Had seven day scan and Iím not responding. Absolutely nothing happened. They upped my dose but only from 150 to 200 and Iím back Monday for another scan but I think itís going to be the same. I think theyíre being far too over cautious with my dose 😞 so I think Monday will mark the end of this cycle.

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 17/06/18, 08:12 »
    MrsBee - a similar thing happened to me, my first scan was at 10 days and everything was way behind what it should have been.  They mentioned cancelling to me and I spent the whole weekend upset about it.  I caught up a bit by the next scan and they kept me stimming for 5 days longer than originally planned.  I also thought my dose was too low!  I totally obsessed about protein and hot water bottles ( read somewhere it helps the follicles grow), not sure it helped anything but made me feel like I was doing something.  Hope tomorrow's scan goes better for you.

Sparkle, your pregnancy experience sounds exactly how I imagine it will be.  My treatment was NHS.  Should have mentioned as well that although this embryo is PGD ok for my translocation, it has not been PGS tested so may have any other number of chromosomes affected.  I'd kind of ignored that fact i think, but now it's all I can think about  :(

Offline MrsBee87

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 17/06/18, 19:44 »
    Thanks SummerSun1. Was it okay in the end? Trouble is, it wasnít even behind! Just hadnít started at all and my oestrogen was 5! Iíve also spent all weekend with a hot water bottle on me and eating protein and protein shakes! I donít think 3 days is enough to see if anything has changed but I guess theyíre thinking it leaves time to up it again. I worry even if something starts the quality will now be terrible. They only upped me from 150 to 200 Gonal f. I think they are being over cautious.

Offline SummerSun1

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 18/06/18, 07:12 »
    Hi MrsBee, yes it was all good in the end.  I was slow, slow, slow then suddenly had a decent amount of growth at the end, think everyone was surprised.  I spent a lot of that time googling and came to the conclusion that slow progress is better for quality than forcing follicles on too quickly.  I got 11 eggs, all suitable for injecting and 10 fertilised so no prob with quality.  I was on 225 Gonal F and thought that was too low - I even thought about upping the dose myself using the overfill in the pens but decided I'd better not!
    Anyway, fingers crossed for your scan today.  I took list of questions with me in case they cancelled my cycle - like, what would they do different next time to make sure it works, and how soon could I start again.  I gave the list to DH so he could make sure we got answers if I was a crying mess!

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 18/06/18, 11:31 »
    Hello everyone,

Sparkle789 - it's good to hear that there are people who get lucky and end up veering the odds with plenty of unaffected embryos. I think that only certain places have licences to do PGD for each specific condition. Some people don't have a lot of choice or any about where they would need to go. Guys have been doing PGD longer than other clinics and I'm guessing they are able to do it for more conditions including those where it on not yet available elsewhere. It's so great to hear that PGD has given you a healthy daughter. It's interesting to hear your take on all of the beliefs people may have about IVF before finding themselves needing this. I'm glad the counsellor helped you to think this through. I completely agree that we have chosen PGD over natural pregnancy and think the decision around this is very individual and completely dependent on the situation you find yourselves in. Hope you've arranged your bloods.

SummerSun1 - fab news on the transfer! Hope it's settling in and that you're feeling well. How fab for it all to go to plan and for you to have one lovely healthy blast to put back in. Hope you're keeping busy!

LittleBear6 - I'm sorry to hear out update. Take time to re-evaluate and decide how to proceed. Take good care of yourself.

MrsBee87 - Hope that you've showed some response to the increased dose. How frustrating! My fingers are crossed for you.

As for me - I spoke with the clinic on Thursday and was told our test is ready to use. My period started just then. Had a missed call from them about setting up a review/injection training. I think we'll be starting either June or July so not long now! We're currently on holiday so trying to make the most of it. Trying not to put on too much weight. Walking plenty but also not sure whether to indulge in the things I might not be able to have for a while including the odd glass of wine, which I had cut out completely.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 18/06/18, 12:51 »
    MrsBee87:  My only advice RE bloating and weight gain is to drink lots of water and try to keep eating healthy.  To be honest it will get you at some point (unless youíre lucky) so thereís not much you can do but I found drinking lots of water at least made me feel healthier!  14 follicles is really good for a starter for ten Ė 150 isnít that low, I was on that and I am a low responder.  How did you get on with your scan today?  Hope it was positive for you x

Suffolkgirl:  Thank you for that reassurance!  Good to know it can (and does!) happen!  Congratulations on producing two beautiful children! X

SummerSun1:  Congrats on being PUPO!  What grade was the embie?  The TWW is hell eh?  I got my results today Ė see below Ė so didnít actually have to wait two weeks at all but it was still hell!

Hopeful10:  Thank you, transfer went well Ė see my update below.  I would err on the side of caution but only because I did something similar on my first cycle and ended up with only 3 eggs.  Second time round I was really strict, cut out alcohol and caffeine 3 months before cycling and got 8 eggs.  Everyone is different though, if you are able to produce lots of eggs then Iíd go for it!

Sparkle789:  Iíve done loads of sleeping as have been shattered but other than that just googling out my mind! :D Has AF arrived yet?

Littlebear6:  I am so sorry to hear about your embies.  That just sucks big time hon.  How many cycles have you done?

AFM:  So we had a 2bb embryo transferred Saturday 9th June.  I caved yesterday (Sunday) and did a Clear Blue Digital which came back pregnant 1-2 weeks.  Was overjoyed.  Had my beta today and came back low at 34 so Iíve to up my estrogen tablets and go back on Monday for another beta.  Really hoping that it all works out but know this could be the signs of a miscarriage in waiting so balancing my optimism with some realism xx