* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24173 times)

0 Members

Offline Molly82

modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #20 on: 6/02/18, 20:08 »
Thatís great Susan, really happy you got at least one! Good luck for your transfer tomorrow! Your clinic should really be providing more information about the embryos, youíre paying so much and it doesnít seem like theyíre telling you much. Anyway the most important thing is your going ahead tomorrow and wishing you the best of luck!

Laura - I have extremely low AMH and high FSH. I think short protocol is better suited for low AMH ladies as long protocol can sometimes be overly suppressive. Do you know what your AMH is? Some doctors will still try long protocol for low AMH but it is risky and you could get better results with short protocol. The one thing that seemed to help me was lots of protein during stimulation and taking 300mg ubiquinol per day for at least 3 months beforehand. Good luck with your upcoming cycle.

Thank you for the advice Sparkle & Suffolkgirl!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 6/02/18, 21:09 »
    Molly:  My AMH was 10.6 I think, this was early last year mind when I was a whole year younger so lord knows now!  I will ask about the short protocol definitely, I was too late with the ubiquinol but have ordered some now and will start taking it as soon as it arrives, I've also done some acupuncture and been taking bee pollen and royal jelly and bee propolis so fingers crossed!  I always try to eat a lot of protein anyway but how much are you talking?  Thanks for the advice!

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 6/02/18, 22:08 »
    Hi Laura, I donít think 10.6 is low, mine is 3.4 which is very low and Iíve had 5,6 and 4 eggs retrieved on the short cycles Iíve done. But with an AMH of 10, I would stick with long as it helps with even growth. I always have a few leading and take a while for the smaller ones to catch up. I usually have 70g of protein during my stimulation which is much more than I normally have on a daily basis. I also drink at least 2litres of water every day to help flush out any toxins. Itís also good to take vitamin D and a pre-conception vitamin. Let us know how your consultation goes and good luck.

Offline suffolkgirl

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 7/02/18, 06:07 »
    Susan will be thinking about you today, hope everything goes smoothly. Great that you've got one to transfer, hopefully they'll give you lots more information about the embryos when you get to the clinic. Keep positive!

Laura great that you're about to start again, I always found waiting to be one of the hardest parts! I had my transfer in Sept and currently 23weeks.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and keeping warm enough. Looks like it's snowed here overnight, can't quite bring myself to get out if bed to see exactly how much! Hopefully not too bad as work today x

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 7/02/18, 07:43 »
    Susan, thinking of you today and really hoping you have a good blast to transfer. The wait must be horrendous.

Hopeful, welcome! You are in a good place with Care Notts. Iím there too so if you have any specific questions, feel free!

Laura, thatís a decent AMH for your age. Do you know your AFC? That will be a good indicator of potential number of eggs. As long as your AMH and AFC numbers have potential, every cycle can be different. Long protocol generally yields more eggs for normal responders. The yield has a lot to do with stims dosage and trigger timing.

Hi to everyone else!

xx

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 7/02/18, 19:48 »
    Hi ladies. It was a morula, so about a day behind in growth, and there were fragments. The whole batch of embryos this time wasn't great. I'm not out but chances are significantly lowered. It had moved on since biopsy, doing what it was meant to, but it is slow. We'll see. Think I may be looking at life as a mummy of one. Xx

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 7/02/18, 20:58 »
    Molly:  Hi, thanks for your reply.  I was only really going on what the doc said which was that mine was low for my age and with so few eggs from cycle 1 it confirmed an egg problem...maybe itís just the drugs though, he has actually agreed to change the stim this time and also increase to 300 from the get go (I was on 150 to start last time) so hopefully that will make a difference.  As for protein I average between 95-130g a day so hopefully thatís enough  :) I also already take a double vitamin D and folic acid as well as zinc, vitamin c and bee pollen, propolis and royal jelly and have ordered some ubiquinol but if thereís anything else youíd recommend Iím up for it!  Water wise I could probably be better, I usually only manage about 1.2l pure water a day though do get through another litre or so of fizzy water with diluting juice and 3 or 4 herbal or decaf teas a day.

Suffolkgirl: Thatís great news!  Gives me hope  :) I got given all the Buserlin today which am due to start on 25th and then first scan will be 12th March.

Mylittlepincushion:  They told me it was low for my age  :( Iím very confused!  I have no idea what an AFC is Ė do I need a blood test or something for it?  Well hereís hoping that this time round the different drugs and higher dose help, I took the trigger exactly when they told me so hopefully it wasnít that.

Susan:  So sad to hear your news but there is still hope!  Sending loads of hugs and sticky babydust your way xxx

Lots of hugs to all the rest of you too, I think we all need as many as we can get during this! xxxx

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 7/02/18, 21:25 »
    Hi Susan, thinking of you and willing your embryo on! Keep positive as you just never know. There have been people on here with really poor blasts that seem to make it and others with top grades that fail.

Laura - how on earth do you get so much protein?! Whatís your secret? Lol. I struggled to get to 70g per day. Iíd be lucky if I have 40 normally. Youíre doing everything right so hopefully an increase in stims will do the trick for you. A scan will let you know your antral follicle count (AFC) these are your resting follicles and gives a good indication of the overall follicles you have. Mine is 7 and most eggs retrieved have been 6 for example. Every month is different though as you recruit different eggs each time.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 7/02/18, 22:01 »
    Hi Molly,

Ah I see, well they scanned me today and I had 3 on one side and 5 on the other but not sure if that's my resting follicle count as on day 3 of my cycle...???

Protein wise I eat a lot of fish, greek yoghurt, peanut butter, cheese (cottage cheese is particularly good), eggs (always have eggs for breakfast, usually with some tomato or spinach and ham or cheese), meat, I drink full fat milk only and try to limit my veg to protein filled stuff like spinach, broccoli etc.   Main thing is probably the milk, eggs and fish.  I love to cook though and cook from scratch every night so it's quite easy for me to incorporate more protein into my meals :)

Hope that helped, happy to share some meal ideas if want, PM me xx

Offline suffolkgirl

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 8/02/18, 08:44 »
    Morning everyone,

Susan you're still in with a chance, keep positive! Like Molly said there have been lots of stories on FF where the lower grade embryos have gone on to be successful and top grade ones which haven't  ^hugme^ x