* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24166 times)

0 Members

Offline rachy28

modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #40 on: 20/02/18, 17:49 »
Hi girls, just popping in to see where you all are and catch up. Im still stalking everyone 😉

Susan hun, im gutted for you. I feel very much the same as in im not ready to say its over. I can't afford pgd but im holding my cards & lottery tickets close to my heart, im pretty sure im due some good luck! If I win...ill pay for your next round 😁

Im still struggling to come to terms with the miscarriage but i bought myself a new car, sofa & puppy & they seem to be helping me survive so far.

I hope everyone else is doing good xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #41 on: 21/02/18, 00:25 »
    Thank you all. I've now been offered a loan for a very last cycle from my truly wonderful parents - I still need to be certain I want to do it as its still a lot of money, I just can't see it working, and hubby isn't keen to get into debt although will do it if I'm definitely wanting to do it. So I'll probably do one last one before we will need to accept we're done. I just cant see it being successful,this cycle felt like a disaster. But I am happy it doesn't have to be over, yet :)

He he thanks rachy - if I win I'll do the same for you! I'm so sorry you're still struggling. It is very hard. You just never know what the future holds though, you may unexpectedly come into money. Its so hard that it costs so much, whereas so many people don't have to spend a penny to get pregnant, its so utterly unfair! What kind if puppy do you have? I was going to get one too if the cycle failed, but holding off now until after the next. Puppies bring so much love and comfort :)

Emma I'm sorry, forgot to say hello. Welcome to our wee group full of lovely and supportive ladies! :) xx

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 21/02/18, 21:12 »
    Hey all, just checking in...sending hugs to you Rachy and Susan too.  Hope everyone else is well xx

Offline emmaw1205

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 23/02/18, 16:47 »
    Thanks for your welcom Ladies

Laurac81 itís a fresh cycle that we are doing. We didnít get any frozen blasts last time.

Egg collection is tomorrow at 930. I had my first scan on Tuesday and they were growing a bit slow, but Thursday morning a couple had really grown and were 20mm. The nurse spoke to the dr about the results and they said they wanted to discuss it in a meeting that afternoon. I was in a bit of shock that egg collection had been brought forward so didnít ask why. I think 2 were over the threshold for them to commence egg collection and they couldnít decide whether to wait until tomorrow to scan again for the third or just go ahead. So am a bit worried that the others all might be too small. Iím sure they will tell me in the morning. Sorry for the waffle xx

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 25/02/18, 09:28 »
    Emma - I'm hoping the egg collection went well and that you're recovering ok. You're last post was not a waffle at all!
    Susan - what an amazing offer from your parents but it sounds like you've got a lot to think through. The financial costs for treatment is so much when there are no guarantees as to the outcome.
    Rachy - fingers crossed you have some luck on the lottery. The financial cost of PGD is so very hard to contemplate.
    Hi to Laura, Jules and everyone else too.
    I'm still waiting for our first appointment. It still feels like ages away but it is now less than a month. I just want all of the information and am keen to get started with treatment as soon as we can.

Offline rachy28

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 26/02/18, 09:49 »
    Receiving your virtual hugs with open arms Laura 😊

Susan I got myself a little Shih Tzu, she's such a gorgeous lil girl & we named her Lillie. She's been a pleasure to train and her happy face sure brightens up my day.
    How wonderful of your parents to offer, I wish mine were like yours. I understand the burden of debt though and I would think long and hard before taking it on. Perhaps you could all sit down and discuss terms you can all agree on, or if not...buy a puppy 😉 xx

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 28/02/18, 20:24 »
    Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well and coping with the terrible weather weíve been having. I actually quite like the snow but itís the travel chaos that comes with it that I donít like!

I just wanted to update you all that we went ahead with the transfer of our recent ďno resultĒ 5BB embryo and although it survived the thaw perfectly, it failed to implant and so my first ever transfer resulted in a BFN. I didnít expect anything more and was given the option to re-biopsy but didnít want to tamper with it anymore and thought itís worth a shot, long shot as it was. Have to say having never experienced a transfer before the end tww was a killer and I was up and down like a yo yo! Iíve only just got my period after stopping the FET medications 3 days ago.

We have one more mosaic which we are hoping to transfer but having already spent £20,000 with nothing to show for it, weíve decided not to do any more PGD cycles and are taking time out from IVF for now. Iím planning to start acupuncture and TCM to see if that improves my hormone levels and try naturally. Weíve been told we have around 10% chance per month this way. We have obviously thought about this very carefully and this follows months of counselling and 4 failed PGD cycles, 7 embryos tested and not even 1 not affected! I figure if women with normal fertility hormone results struggle to succeed with PGD then what hope do I have? Anyway, wanted to thank you all for your support over the year with my PGD journey and wish you all the best for any upcoming treatment and pregnancies for those expecting. I will be popping back on now and again but as not doing PGD anymore feel like a fraud staying on the thread. Much love and best wishes to each and every one of you! Hope you achieve your dreams ❤️

Offline rachy28

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 2/03/18, 20:15 »
    Oh molly, im so very sorry you've had to come to this decision & your little embie didn't stick. You're absolutely right, it doesn't work for everyone but with so many success stories, one can't help but hope. I honestly didn't think it wouldn't work for us.

Take care of yourself lovely, but do pop in from time to time xx

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 3/03/18, 09:38 »
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the lack of messages over the last week or so.  I got struck down with gastroenteritis last Friday and a weekend of hell followed!  Cue then a busy week at work (not helped by all the snow) and today is the first time I'm getting a chance to catch up!

Emmaw1205:  How did egg collection go?  I hope you got plenty of eggs and have had a nice healthy transfer?

Hopeful_10:  The waiting is intolerable isn't it?!  Try and find lots of things to take your mind off it though I know that's easier said than done!

Rachy28:  Hope you're doing OK, how's the puppy coping with this weather or have you not been hit with snow?

Molly82:  I'm with you, love the snow but it is getting a little old now!  So sorry to hear about your BFN.  You're very brave to take some time out, it must have been a difficult decision, best wishes with everything and hope you get your BFP next time you try!  ^hugme^

AFM:  I started downreg (Buserelin) last Sunday so almost a week in now.  So far injections have been a little easier than last time although they didn't give me enough needles so I had to get some from the GP which are twice the size and make me bleed a lot  :-[ ah well, could be worse!  Roll on 12th March for my first scan.  Love & hugs to all xx

Offline Molly82

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 3/03/18, 20:11 »
    Thank you ladies. Itís so hard when it doesnít work. We gave it our all so at least we have no regrets for trying Wishing you all lots of luck xx