* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24172 times)

0 Members

Offline rachy28

modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #50 on: 4/03/18, 22:43 »
Laura, you must have felt like pure crap having gastro while down regging, you have my deepest sympathies.
We did get quite alot of snow here in the north east. All schools were closed and our shops ran out of bread, the shelves were still empty today. Lillie actually loves the snow, she just wanted to be out constantly. She's a fantastic snow plough so we were never worried about being snowed in 😉 Thankfully, the fresh snow we had this morning eventually changed to sleet then rain so we are finally seeing a thaw. Im so ready for summer x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 5/03/18, 06:31 »
    I was terrified it would mean we would have to delay a month rachy but luckily the nurse said it would be fine.
    You're the same as us, more snow this morning eventually gave way to rain so a thaw has begun, DH did a brilliant job getting all the ice out of the gutters to make sure there's a clear route for the thawed snow and hopefully prevent any flooding!  Quite looking forward to getting properly out of the house again i.e. to the office etc.!

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 10/03/18, 09:29 »
    Molly - I'm so sorry to hear that your transfer wasn't successful. Make sure you are taking good care of yourself.

Laura - How awful to have gastroenteritis whilst doing a treatment cycle! Not what you needed at all. Good luck with your upcoming scan. The snow if nothing else did help to keep me busy and pass the time. I'm not sure it helped that much with the healthy eating and exercise regime. Very relieved that the scales did not show a massive increase in weight yesterday!

Rachy - I love that you are so positive about puppies! We got two sister cars as kittens two years ago. They bring us lots of joy and love and we feel very lucky to have them. We've considered adding a dog into the mix at some point. We're also in the North East and were completely snowed in for three days. We live rurally. In fact, I wouldn't have made it home after work on Tuesday if it hadn't been for a kind 4x4 driver who rescued me when I had to abandon the car on route. I have never seen as much snow! In fact we still have mounds at the side of the road although today's rain is trying to wash it away.

We're now just over a week away from our first appointment. Had my birthday so another year over so just hoping to get this thing started ASAP and hoping that there are not complications along the way which will slow this down.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 10/03/18, 10:42 »
    Hopeful_10:  It sure wasn't fun!  Hope you have lots of nice things planned for this week to make it got a bit faster!

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 13/03/18, 00:42 »
    Sorry I'm late but, Molly, I'm so sorry ^eyes^ You're right, you gave it your all, I also found that helps oddly. Those odds for each month trying naturally are decent though, praying you have a successful healthy pregnancy that way. You're not a 'fraud' if you still pop in or hang around though! To be honest, given I'm not really actively planning treatment, and am not even sure I'd go again, I also wasn't sure I should be here but if I can support or encourage others, I figure that can only be helpful.

Rachy, aww, sweet! Puppies are wonderful. That's great you've got a doggy baby to be a mummy to  :)

Afm still not sure about what comes next. To be honest I really feel 'done' with treatment, it's not something I have excitement or enthusiasm for anymore, and don't see another cycle working (especially as I'm overweight, poor diet, generally not living a very healthy lifestyle, hubby's health is not getting any better etc). And I already have a miracle, I love him more than I ever thought was possible to feel, I'm 'making the most' of and savoring every day with him, I will still feel complete should he be an only. But then I still think we should give it one last try so I can say we did all we could. So I don't feel sorry for myself or anything, just need to figure it out.

Good luck to everyone in treatment. Praying we all have our own miracles xxx

Offline Lucieloos

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #55 on: 15/03/18, 19:40 »
    Hi, wondered if I could join please. I recently had a fet with a tested embryo and got a chemical pregnancy. So disappointing as I guess I got my hopes up with a tested embryo. We have another tested left but feel very nervous now.

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 16/03/18, 18:27 »
    Welcome Lucieloos - Sorry to hear that your last embryo transfer wasn't successful. I'm not surprised that has left you nervous about having your other tested embryo transferred. This is such a hard process. Any idea of when you might be starting again?

Susan - it must be so hard to know how to balance treatment with other aspects of life when to stop trying. It just seems so fair when others fall pregnant so easily. It's amazing that you've got a little miracle at home with you though.

Laura - hope all is well with you. Our first appointment is next week and I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I think I'm just nervous now. I do want to get this step out of the way though and have as better idea of what will come next for us.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 19/03/18, 07:49 »
    Welcome Lucieloos! Sorry to hear about your CP.  FX your second FET sticks!  When do you restart?

Hopeful10: when's your first appointment?  Is this your first scan or just initial consultation.  You'll be grand x

AFM:  day 4/5 scan wasn't great.  Only 6 follies showing and all under 6mm with FSH of 52 (should be 200-300 at that stage).  Thus not back until Wednesday to give follies a chance to grow.  Really diappointed as it basically boils down to being the same as last cycle despite all the extra steps I've taken this time round.  Ah well, can't do much more!

Happy Monday to all and hope all have a good week xx

Offline little-laura

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 19/03/18, 10:35 »
    Hello everyone

I had pgd a few years ago (wow feels weird to say that) and was posting on here

Now I want to try for number 2 ,my little one is 2 years now

However the costs of pgd here in the UK has sky rocketed my clinic is saying 14k

Has anyone had good pgd experiences or info on good pgd clinic abroad that don't cost as much as a housing deposit! 

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 20/03/18, 06:20 »
    Hi littlelaura, where are you based?  Edinburgh only charges 7.5k (only, ha!) for PGD...