* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24176 times)

0 Members

Offline Lucieloos

• Gold Member
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #60 on: 20/03/18, 15:26 »
I used reprofit in Czech Republic for pgs. I think it's costs about 2500 for up to 6 pgs embryos. That's just for the testing I assume you will also need to cycle as well. Price list is on their website. So much more affordable than uk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 21/03/18, 10:11 »
    Morning all :) just back from a scan and some slightly better news!  Right ovary has 7 follicles, left has 5.
    On right there are 4 above 6mm (which they have to be to get measured) at 1 x 13mm, 2 x 10mm and 1 x 9.5mm.
    On the left there are 3 above 6mm at 1 x 11mm, 1 x 7mm and 1 x 6mm.

At the same point last cycle I only had 9 follicles, 4 in the right and 5 in the left.
    On right there was 2 above 6mm at 9mm and 8mm.
    On left there was 4 above 6mm at 10, 9, 8 & 6mm.

So, overall looking much better than the same stage last time though leftie isn't doing as well as righty and lefty is doing slightly worse than this stage last time but promising.  Egg collection date could prove annoying though, there's a chance it will be Monday though could also be Wednesday, if it's Wednesday then I'll have to freeze all and wait for another slot to get testing done as they don't test at weekends :(

How's everyone else doing? xx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 25/03/18, 17:44 »
    little-laura - IVF PGS NGS is from EUR 5,200 at Invicta clinics, here is their price list: http://www.invictaclinics.com/infertility-treatment/ivf-programs/comparison-of-ivf-programs/

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #63 on: 25/03/18, 20:18 »
    laura, sorry, meant to check earlier in the week how things are going - glad things were looking better. When is egg collection likely to be?

Welcome Lucieloos :) sorry about your chemical pregnancy, I hope your second embryo makes it. Was it difficult cycling abroad? Was it for a specific condition or more general PGS testing?

Welcome back little Laura :) nice to 'see' you again!

Hopeful, did you have your first appointment?

Hello to everyone else. No news my end. Xx

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 26/03/18, 12:37 »
    Susan - Hi, no worries :) I am going in for egg collection on Wednesday...gutted as means we'll have to freeze until at least May but spoke with both the consultant and embryologist and they think coasting until Friday would be a mistake so on we go!  How are you?

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Offline little-laura

modify
    « Reply #65 on: 26/03/18, 20:16 »
    Hi littlelaura, where are you based?  Edinburgh only charges 7.5k (only, ha!) for PGD...

Hi :)

Thank you I'm in Notts the clinic is care....

We had success there last time but they are super expensive....

That price is more reasonable what clinic is that?

Hi Susan yes long time no see just read your post on the other page I'm sorry things aren't more positive I hope you find another avenue or a way forward

Lucieloos, miamiamo thank you
    I'm scared to do it abroad incase they are not as good  and what to do with our 2 year old

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 27/03/18, 22:09 »
    Ahh no, sorry to hear that LauraC :( Good luck for tomorrow anyway, hope you get a good crop. :) Fingers crossed your healthy baby will be in the combined batches of embryos. X

Little Laura, that's the Royal infirmary edinburgh, where I am too. I looked into care as another option and it was sooo expensive!! I thought Guys was pricey but Care was more! Ouch. x

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 27/03/18, 23:20 »
    Hello ladies - hope you're all doing ok

Little-Laura - welcome and good luck. I like hearing about those with children from PGD. It helps me to believe that success is possible.

LauraC81 - you've done will with the stimulation. Good luck with the egg collection. It must be frustrating to have to wait for transfer but if that's what's being recommended to get the best outcome than I guess that's for the best. We'll be having a break between egg collection and transferring any healthy embryos to allow for testing so I'm just trying to see it as two seperate stages.

Susan - I think it's great having support on here from people who have been through the process. That's probably especially important for newbie's like me!Hope you're doing well.

As for me - we had our initial appointment last week. This included scan, semen analysis, initial consultant appointment. We've also had our first appointment with the nurse. Lots to think about but on the whole very positive and we're keen to progress. It was reassuring to fing out that there do not appear to be any obvious fertility issues. I was really pleased to see that I had some follicles (12 on right and 3 on left but left ovary was hiding and not playing ball with scanning). My lining was thin but this is likely to be due to the effect of the pill, which I've recently stopped but had been on some time. Need to get some details before our test can be made. We'll hopefully be working towards starting a cycle in a few months.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 29/03/18, 07:40 »
    Hi All,

Thanks for your warm wishes, EC went well, we amazingly got 8 eggs (despite the consultant telling me not to hope for more than 3 following our last scan on Monday), I was beyond amazed and tried to hug the consultant who said 'no, that's OK' and stuck his hand out for a handshake instead  ;D

Now the wait to find out how many fertilised today, I'll hopefully find out after 11am.  And then the wait begins until biopsy/transfer...I soooo hope I get to transfer, it will be heartbreaking to get all the way through this journey just to hit a dead end but I'm trying to stay positive and keep visualising a gorgeous baby at the end of this.  Delayed transfer also means I can have a glass or two of wine over Easter (in fact the nurse ordered me to! :)).

Hopeful_10:  How exciting to be starting out!  If you want any tips let me know :)

Susan:  Thank you :) hope you & wee A are well x

LittleLaura:  Susan has already answered your question, if you're considering it drop me a PM and I'll give you some tips :)

Hope everyone else is doing well, Happy Easter :) x

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 29/03/18, 11:57 »
    News just in... 6 of our 8 eggs were fertilised and frozen successfully so now just the wait for ET!