* Author Topic: TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4  (Read 24165 times)

0 Members

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
modify
TTC with PGD/PGS - Part 4
« Reply #70 on: 29/03/18, 18:16 »
Aww that's fab LauraC, chuffed for you!

Hopeful, glad everything is looking good :) xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 31/03/18, 08:22 »
    Thanks Susan ☺ xx

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 31/03/18, 11:13 »
    LauraC - what great news on the Egg Collection! I loved hearing about your reaction and that of the Consultant! That's a good number fertilisation rate too. Very happy to hear all of the tips you're willing to share!

Little Laura - we're are Care Nottingham too but neither of the clinics available to us were near to us. Luckily our current treatment is NHS funded.

Susan - thanks for your kind words and well wishes.

As for me - received the clinic letter and waiting for consent forms to indicate we want to proceed. We're trying to get information needed to make our test. I feel that this is likely to be the thing that holds progress back. It's frustrating as it seems like there is nothing we can actively that will influence this. I feel like one of the trickiest things for me to get right is to balance a positive attitude to PGD with a realistic viewpoint about the chances of success. I think that will be important in helping me to cope emotionally.

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 28/04/18, 01:25 »
    Very quiet in here just now - how is everyone? X

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 28/04/18, 17:18 »
    Susan - Hope you're well. I agree it has been very quiet here.

As for me - Things are moving along slowly. We've received our DNA kits so need to get them sorted and should be ready to send back on Monday. It will take four weeks for our test to be made.

Hope everyone is doing well x

Offline MeganBanting

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 5/05/18, 08:15 »
    Hello everyone, I was wondering if you'd mind me joining you?
    Me and DH are going through PGD at Guys, London. First appointment was way back in Jan 2017, after a long wait we're finally about to start our first FC! FSH to start on 10th May. Feeling a little nervous. Unfortunately it's me with the genetic issue, with a heart condition that means I'm already exhausted every day, so I've been warned this could be a tricky process. Very lucky that we've got no fertility issues, although the nurses told me this week that doesn't mean it'll be any more successful than anyone else?! That was a bit of a shock!
    It's been nice to read how some of you got on with your FC's, it's given me lots of reassurance, even if we're all different  :)
    Out of curiosity, those of you who've had successful cycles, how long did it take from EC to frozen transfer? I know I'm getting ahead of myself, we might not have anything to put back, I'm just trying to manage my expectations... Especially as it's all taken so long so far!
    Thanks x

Offline -Susan-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 6/05/18, 04:51 »
    Hi Megan, welcome :) yes unfortunately no known fertility issues doesn't always mean success. And even if you get a healthy, strong looking embryo, it is absolutely not guaranteed it will become a baby. But it can only help to have no issues. The likelihood of your condition being passed on - typically either 25 or 50% - plays a big role. I'm guessing it's a 50% chance for you? It's 50% for my hubby condition and we've always  been unlucky with more than 50% affected. But it can obviously swing the other way too. Good luck x

Offline nai87

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 6/05/18, 12:30 »
    Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me joining either? My partner and I have just been referred to the Oxford clinic. I am feeling a bit panicky about it not working after going through this whole process. I was originally going to go abroad for donor egg treatment instead and even went so far as to have some tests done over there and we discovered that my partner has azoospermia. They didn't find anything wrong with me but I have always has a feeling that there is something wrong with me fertility wise as we were originally TTC for over a year before giving up and going down the PGD route. I have tested positive for Huntington's disease so that is why I am here.

Offline Hopeful_10

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 7/05/18, 15:27 »
    Welcome MeganBanting and Nai87!

Megan - sorry to hear it's been such a long process for you already. I was also relieved to find out we don't seem to have particular fertility issues. With our genetic issue having a 50% chance of being passed on that seems enough to contend with already. Any embryos that are made have enough to go through as it is and I wonder if that's what the nurses were referring to. Hoping they can balance treatment with your cardiac issue so that you can have a good and healthy pregnancy. I can't answer your questions about time from EC to FET as we're right at the start of the process.

Nai87 - I completely understand the anxiety you are feeling about your fertility and the chance of the process not working. We've never tried to get pregnant naturally and I am getting older so whether I was fertile was a real fear. I think realism versus positivity is going to be a difficult balance to strike.

Hope you are well Susan too!

Offline MeganBanting

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 7/05/18, 15:58 »
    Hopeful and Susan - thank you for your reassurances. I'm finding it's all a very daunting process, but I'm trying to stay as upbeat as possible. I'll be using the bank holiday to it's full advantage this evening, and enjoying a last glass of wine until we've got our eggs safely retrieved!
    Yes, my condition is a 50% chance, but the stats from previous generations suggest that it's a little more than that - we'll just have to keep everything crossed that some are given the all clear. My heart consultant is VERY excited about me having children and has already got a plan in place for my care once I'm pregnant. She's known me since I was 12 years old, and when I last saw her she said it's almost like she'll be gaining a grandchild!
    Nai87 - I completely understand the fear of the unknown element of all this, it is very daunting. I think it'll really help to be in contact with other people going through the process, and so far I've heard of more positive outcomes (even if they took a long time to get there) than negative ones which is reassuring. Hope it all goes well for you  :)

X