* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 127080 times)

0 Members

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
  • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« on: 26/01/18, 06:51 »
Welcome to your new thread :)

The old thread has been locked but remains here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=365426.2030

Happy chatting ladies xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 26/01/18, 08:23 »
    Thank you Cloudy

Offline HappyC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 26/01/18, 08:53 »
    AnnaKay, just want to tell you that I've just finished my second IVF stimm and the result is 5 EGGS (FIVE) -Maturated. still can't believe it . I'm still undergoing it, but with the right medications there is a chance! My first IVF was the same like yours, same meds, same result-1 egg very poor quality. I'm currently in Athens, Serum. Even if this IVF to fail I'll try with Serum again. One of the girls here told me about Serum and I'm very thankful  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    Wish you all the best  ^pray^

Offline AdelineX

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 26/01/18, 09:59 »
    AnnaKay, just want to tell you that I've just finished my second IVF stimm and the result is 5 EGGS (FIVE) -Maturated. still can't believe it . I'm still undergoing it, but with the right medications there is a chance! My first IVF was the same like yours, same meds, same result-1 egg very poor quality. I'm currently in Athens, Serum. Even if this IVF to fail I'll try with Serum again. One of the girls here told me about Serum and I'm very thankful  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
    Wish you all the best  ^pray^

Dear Rosss, please share your protocol with me. PM me if you want. I cannot change clinics as we have surgically retrieved sperm samples at Reprofit. But I can change the stimulation protocol. Thank you so much for you message.  Praying for your BFP !

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 26/01/18, 10:25 »
    Just trying to catch-up...

Blue, bear with me ill get you the contact details of my endocrinologist.

Sunshine, excellent news on fertilisation!!

Katkat, how are you coping in tww? Can't thank you enough for all the support this cycle it was so nice to have you by my side (virtually) . Btw am still BF.. dh is very upset about it and so am I but I just can't find it in me to stop... I do take ubiquinol been gradually increasing it to 300 since August

LXP , welcome! Sorry can't help with downreg but you are in the right place the ladies here know so much! I just do natural ivf I.e. just collect one egg per cycle without any meds

BabyHopeful, keeping everything crossed!! Btw I have been trying to get some info on my eggs but Munich is not forthcoming and embryology don't speak English so I still don't know whether the second egg was mature. I know that the eggs looked allright after collection we saw them on screen and the doc said all looked well but of course maturity will only be known once the eggs are prepared for icsi. I once had an egg that looked very strange on screen but it fertilised and once prepared for icsi it looked normal.

Anna, I'm also confused it must be a mistake . My clinic also suggested estrogen but after ovulation.

Shady, your work situation sounds super stressful! I agree with Klik it's worth checking your lining and if all is well you are good to go. I know lots of women who had full term pregnancies after  ERPC. But it's normal to worry.  Keeping everything crossed your next pregnancy will give you a healthy baby.

Mac, I used to take  Evening Primrose from cd1 to ovulation to increase my ewcm. I also drank grapefruit juice for the same reason . I really can't say whether it worked at the time I believed in it religiously but after some years I became disillusioned with supplements in general.

Klik, I know it's not what you wanted to hear but I'm actually so relieved and hopeful for you! I also had suspicions. the lining can't just stop growing normally for no reason. Well done for persevering! You now have a very good plan and an experienced surgeon. Good thing you didn't waste your embryos so now all of them will have a decent chance. And you have a chance for as bigger family as you want! I'm very very hopeful and am thinking "filmy" thoughts so you can finally  start your family the very next cycle after the surgery 

Can I ask where did you have your ERPC?

Btw my actual LH on the morning of EC was 29.6 but tbh I think it was on its way down it must have been higher the day before. My estrogen was 180 pg/ml I think it's good but I need to convert it am not quite familiar with this scale.progesterone was 0.78 ng/ml and fsh 29.6. I agree in terms of follicle size it would have been good to wait a day but my LH surged so there was no way to wait any longer. My monitor picked it up as well the next morning after I got positive opk. I suppose since at least one egg was mature for icsi this really was the best time to collect considering the circumstances . I'm really happy I still have mature eggs naturally even without the trigger shot but slightly worried we had to collect in the afternoon. I mean Munich was excellent and so efficient quickly got bloods sorted analysed and flexible enough to perform ec outside their usual schedule . I know Brno wouldn't do anything like that. So I really need to try and do the trigger shot + possibly cetrotide if follicle is small.

Turned out Munich did very extensive blood profile, I was shocked to stumble across my fsh/amh levels, they didn't even ask me and I certainly didn't want to see it. But good thing they picked up on my raised tsh 3.52, super low vit D levels 29 ng/ml (despite daily high dose supplement!!), and very high cortisol levels 240 ng/ml. Not sure what to do about cortisol but I ordered vit D in oil capsules as they seem to be better for absorption. Also not sure what roteln IgG is but I have it as well.

Ladies, has anyone had any issues with blood pressure after ec? Mine went sky high to 156◊112 and would not go down. It now settled at around 135◊100 but it's still very high. I don't know how to explain it. Maybe it's part of growing older to have your blood pressure increased?

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 26/01/18, 11:51 »
    Just a quick msg as Iím meant to be working...

Klik, sorry to hear about the ashermans diagnosis but atleast now you know you can hopefully get it all sorted ready for your future transfer.

Briss, iím not too sure about the high blood pressure, could it possibly be caused by the stress of it all? Just a guess.

Afm, had an update from the lab, one grade 2 embryo which has been frozen today (day 3) and the other three are only grade 3 so they are leaving then til monday to see if they go to blast. Feel a little disappointed but i guess atleast they are still going xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 26/01/18, 12:59 »
    Sunhsine, great you have one frozen today and while you're disappointed, it is a really good sign they are all still growing. Fingers crossed for Monday. I forgot, are you banking?

Briss - No worries :) Roeteln IgG are antibodies against rubella so I would say that's a good thing! Reprofit use this new thing, a kind of a microscope to see if they can see a spindle after egg retrieval. If they don't they will wait a little longer to find the right time to icsi the egg. I think spindle shows maturity. They are always able to tell me within 1-2 hours if the egg was definitely mature or if they need to wait. Once they told me while the egg looked mature when they stripped it off the shell, the microscope didn't detect the spindle so they didn't use the egg, saved us a vial of sperm and money. I know this does't resolve the issue that they wouldn't collect the egg at 8pm. I think they'd go as late as maybe 3pm but they tend to close up by 4. At least they are open 7 days a week. Not wanting to defend R., just thought I'd mention this. Cortisol shows stress levels, and I do think this must have shown as increased as you had to do so many scans and bloods before - it makes us a nervous wreck! Sorry no idea about the blood pressure.

Ross weehheeey that's great news!

Afm nothing much to say, all totally normal. I am planning my next trip, I just don't know if I should do bloods or save the money and just use FRER to confirm the inevitable? How early can I test on an FRER after a 3-day transfer of a slow growing embryo?

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 26/01/18, 13:50 »
    Katkat, how many days post transfer are you now? Fingers crossed for you.

Feeling very sorry for myself now, when we got 4 out of 5 eggs fertilise I really had my hopes up thinking weíd done so much better, but really if we only end up with one frozen then its not really any better than when we only had 1 egg fertilise to start with (iíve been googling and now donít hold much hope for the grade 3 embies). Weíre doing a 3 cycle banking package, this is the 1st one, but if at the end of the 3 cycles things donít work out then we will have to give up as we canít afford to keep paying out for treatment and also canít carry on living this way. So this cycle we did 150 bemfola moving onto 225 menopur, any ideas what i should try next cycle? Sorry for moaning x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/01/18, 14:23 »
    Hey sunshine, I am only 5dp3dt. Will 11dp3dt be good to test? Bearing in mind that it was only a 5 cell and with my 8 cells I had a low bhcg (68) on 13dp3dt.  I've never used a frer after transfer except for once (and i regretted it as i tested on a cheapo and it was negative but then my period didnt come; wished I had known if I'd had implantation). I've always done bloods otherwise. Reprofit told me to wait the full 14dp3dt but I want to plan next steps and not delay af unnecessarily

Sorry you're having such a hard time with your eggs as I know this feeling so well,  you'd want 4 good eggs and not just 4 eggs, as what's the point of collecting more than 1 if the result is the same. I've been in this situation before but mine usually disappear before day 3 or aren't mature to start with so bearing in mind  that yours are still growing then they have a chance!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 26/01/18, 15:09 »

Still trying to catch up...

Hopeful_81, thank you. My new job is OK, they are very patient with me as I'm trying to catch up with everything but I have already took a few days to WFH which I think might not be the best way forward particularly so early on. Where about in NZ are you? I loved it there. Definitely take your time to relax and look after yourself! I'm sorry about your lining. Did your AF change after ERPC? Possibly hsg is the way forward like klik suggested and hopefully it'll be fine. I'll be hoping for your natural pregnancy. Unfortunately I don't know much about tamoxifen except that my dh had to take it to improve sperm but it didn't work.

susie, just a quick one to thank you. I got this taxi app you recommended and it's also great for black cabs in London :) how are you?

Tily, 're sperm that's so random but good news that morphology and motility were ok. Gingers crossed for natural miracle!

rosalindc, I'll let ladies to comment but I think there was some improvement noted in amh levels after stem cell therapy.

Sunshine, that's good news one embryo is on ice with potentially 3 more. Keeping everything crossed.

Katkat, Thanks! rubella is good, I'm glad they did it so now I know my level of immunity. You are right Reprofit is much better in terms of maturity , I got the maturity result very shortly after collection. What I meant is they don't rely on bloods  so much, they may offer later ec but I don't think they'd do bloods and review the results immediately. What do you think? Would they? Btw I don't think Munich would collect at 8 pm. I had my collection at 2 and I think this is as far as they can stretch cos they do transfers in the afternoon. And yes the fact that Reprofit collects on weekends is a huge selling point for me. Btw I'd do bloods hcg on 11 dpo just in case so you know in case of any chemical, very important. Otherwise frer on 11 dpo is usually pretty reliable