* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 115071 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #110 on: 5/02/18, 17:17 »
Thanks Kat...just booked in at ultrasound direct and itís £79! Youíve saved me £££ís as I was going to go to city fertility and pay £140! Every penny counts! Thanks x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 5/02/18, 17:51 »
    Klik, i can fully understand your moan, how can people be so insensitive esp your DHís best friend!! Sometimes its so hard to smile and not bite back.
    Thanks for your advice on the estrogen priming protocol, I know weíve chatted quite a bit about it on here but what exactly would I take? Would I need a scan for cysts before I start it or if I had one already would it go away? And is it ok to take at the same time as cyclogest? I may have a chat with my consultant at create but they donít seem overly open about trying different things as wouldnít let me add in letrozole or similar. Xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 5/02/18, 18:55 »
    Helen: awesome that you've found a cheaper place!!!

Sunshine: my oestrogen priming has always been: put on 100mcg patch one week before AF (on average, you start one week after ovulation, or 9 days after your first LH surge, but that assumes a 14-day luteal phase. Mine is 12 days so I start one week after my LH surge.) You wear the patch for two days, then swap it for a new one; repeat until AF arrives, but don't take it off--leave it on until you start stimming (if you're stimming) so you can get a little flare effect from the sudden drop in oestrogen. Your clinic just has to be aware that you're using the patch, as they might measure oestrogen at baseline to make sure you don't have a cyst (so they'd have to account for the noise introduced by the patch). I don't know what sorts of cysts you normally have--if they are oestrogen-producing, in my case, the patch has suppressed them every time. Doesn't work for all women but it does for many. As for using it alongside cyclogest, the problem is that oestrogen + progesterone is pretty much the pill, and so can be oversuppressive. However, you'd only be taking that combination for a week. One of my best cycles ever, personally, was a cycle right after I was on the oestrogen patch and doing intramuscular progesterone injections (which should be stronger than cyclogest). So, if you're terrified of oversuppressing you might want to think twice... Otherwise, I think it's worth a try... Good luck!

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 5/02/18, 20:26 »
    Arghhhh! I totally lost this thread when we moved and my alerts stopped, so I am massively behind and need a dedicated catch up session. Hope you are all doing okay. Is there still a plan to meet up? Hope so! Personals to follow. I need a pad and pen for this one!! x

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 5/02/18, 21:15 »
    Babyhopeful - I was the same after my first cycle, AF was horrific!  So sorry to hear you're not getting more support too...I know my family were disappointed when our first cycle failed but they did a great job of hiding it and focusing on cheering me up...hopefully yours will realise soon and buck up!  In the meantime lots of virtual hugs winging your way!

Sunshine: unfortunately I can't answer any of your q's but good luck with ttc naturally, at least it's way more fun!

Klik: thank you!  I ordered some today, found 100mg capsules for just £28 on sale so was happy with that!  Do I take them now or just once on stims??  My stims were pretty low (125 gonal F if I remember rightly)...the consultant seemed to think there is nothing that can be done to help and that basically I don't have many eggs left :-( not doing back to back, finished cycle 1 in September so had a wee break over Christmas but have spent last few months getting fitter and cut out alcohol altogether since January so hoping I've made enough of a change for a better outcome!  Your partner's bf sounds like an insensitive jerk however, he is a man and they just don't think in the same way as us...he has probably not even realised how insensitive he is being, that said I can completely understand how you feel and bravo for not slapping him! ;-)

Helen: glad you got a good deal on the scan!

AFM: still waiting on AF (how is it she never comes when you want her but arrives whenever you rather she wouldn't?!)

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 6/02/18, 11:50 »
    Hi all,
    Laura hope you AF comes soon...The one time when we want to see it! Ubiquinol is meant to help egg quality. Tbh you should take it at least 3-6 months before ivf but starting now wonít hurt..and I find it plumps my skin too so I look a bit less haggard as an added bonus 😂

Klik..thanks for advice and feel free to moan about insensitive comments...thatís one of the hardest part about ivf and fertility issues, having to deal with other people!

LXP...any news.

Anna...Iíve given up trying to get advice from Reprofit. Iím just going to get it from here, especially as you say Dr Hana is away. See below.

AFM...a quick chat about cycles. After my failed FET in December I started my period late (obviously because I was taking drugs and once I stopped those 11dp5dt it took s few days to start) however I got a positive opk on day 9 which meant my body was ovulating when it should have if I hadnít interfered with meds, which I thought was interesting. The following month I cycled and it was abandoned so I stopped taking the progesterone and I started my period early on day 23. So now Iím day 11 of my cycle and absolutely nothing showing on any opk. Usually the cheap ones show a pale line which gets darker but there is nothing showing at all and the clear blue digital 4 day test isnít showing any peak. So Iím thinking that my body isnít in sync with my period as I started my period early and itís more in sync with when I should have had my period having had no meds to interfere. Hope that makes sense! I donít think I should bother having my scan on day 12 to check for lining and dominant follicle if thereís no sign on any opk of Lh surge. I think I should wait until day 14 in case my body is doing its thing when it should have not because my cycle was messed up by drugs. What do you think?
    My clinic told me to scan day 12 and to do a trigger shot depending on scan results. Should I hold off the scan and give my body more time to get a positive opk? I just donít want to pay twice for scans. Of course maybe I wonít ovulate this month and maybe thatís why nothing is happening?

But interesting for those that are doing/wanting to do back to backs that the body can keep its own true cycle despite it seemingly being changed by meds which can bring on periods which are out of sync with what the body is actually doing...does that make sense?

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 6/02/18, 12:50 »
    Afternoon Ladies

Kilk don't apologise for moaning. I found out at the weekend that my Hubby's best friends wife is moaning that she found out we were going through IVF from her husband and not me. We are not close friends and so have no reason to tell her. I did talk to her over a year ago when she asked me directly if we wanted children and her response was she understood as it took them 3 months to fall with their second!!!! Unless you are in it, people don't understand. She has also now told her brother in law and wife about the fact we are going through IVF and I have not spoken to her! At what point do you reckon she will realise it is not about her!?

Laura - hope your AF comes soon.

Helen - I hope your scan goes well whether you do it day 12 or day 14.

AFM - I have three embryos doing well at day 3 so pushing for day 5 tomorrow. 2 were 10 cells and the other not far behind (not really sure what this means), the fourth one did not make it. My hubby is wanting two put back if we can but I'm not sure.....

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 6/02/18, 14:20 »
    Pickle, I know how you feel this thread is moving so quickly that even though I have only not checked it for a couple of days I have already totally lost track! Hope to see you on Sat x

First off, Rossssss and Briss, so very sorry about your BFNs. It's been a cruel start to the year with the hope of lots of PUPOs and then none of them working out. Briss, it is great that both the eggs were mature and that one fertilised though - that really suggests to me that things are starting to look up, and now that you have solved the timing issue, all you need is a few more collections, and statistically you should have a good egg and embryo to put back. Rossssss, glad you are already planning for the next one, I always find that that helps me too, it's when I don't know what is going to happen next that I really go down. I have had bleeding on ET before, the firs transfer I had was quite uncomfortable and took ages and I bled slightly after. I do seem to be especially sensitive though as I have had bleeding just from scanning a few times too.

Sunshine, sorry you have to sit this one out but I hope that your ovaries bounce back at full strength for the next month. I think that is why Lister don't let people do back to back cycles because I did ask about it. Good luck with trying naturally this month!

AnnaKay, really sorry to hear about your conversations with your husband. It's so difficult when we go through so much for them to understand the toll it takes sometimes. My husband says he would be ok with no children but I don't think he really would. And I wouldn't be ok with watching him go through life without that experience when I know he would make such an amazing father. Likewise Mac, it is really difficult to make the right decision, but don't be pressurised into considering DE before you feel you are ready. You have nothing to feel guilty about as it isn't for everyone and needs to be a carefully considered decision.

LXP - amazing news! That is so great that you are going to blast, I have a good feeling about this for you. Re the 1 vs 2 blasts, I'm still on the fence, see below.... 10 cells is good on day 3, as they are usually looking for 8 cells so yours may be a little ahead but it's all sounding like good news for at least 1 blasts and probably more... Good luck tomorrow

Laura - welcome to the thread! Good luck waiting for AF, I know exactly what you mean, I used to dread it coming, but now I always seem to be impatiently waiting for it so I can start more treatment. As Helen said, best to start ubiquinol as soon as you can. If you can afford it, I would take 600mg... my doc told me to take that much and I feel like it was the only thing that made a noticeable difference to my egg quality.

MA66 - I share your frustration - I also have a relatively good AFC, but can never get many follicles to respond and always have very uneven growth, and I get oversuppressed on a long protocol. I think as others have said, oestrogen priming may be something to consider but unfortunately my clinic don't do it. And last time I did manage to get 7 eggs from a mild cycle, so I felt like maybe I shouldn't tinker with a protocol that was working pretty well!

Klik - please don't feel bad for having a moan, we have all been there... with people complaining it took them 'ages' to conceive when it was literally a matter of months (e.g. DH's best friend.... it took them a whole 6 months, and he being the gentleman he is, blamed it entirely on his wife rather than his excessive drinking and habitual drug taking!). They don't even know what a long time feels like! Please do feel free to invite your friend along, the more the merrier! I'm glad you got your op scheduled, but such a pain having to wait so long and sit out another month, it must be incredibly frustrating. But hopefully this will be it and you will have all the factors optimised for a transfer in the very near future.

Katkat, I hope you are doing ok and that planning ahead for the next cycle is going well. I forget what you had planned, was it going to be a natural one this time?

AFM, AF finally arrived, but was a bit of a light one. I think this can happen though? I asked Dr N when I saw him, and he seemed unworried (mind you, he seems unworried by everything!). I am tentatively hoping to transfer in March, but will watch and see how the next AF looks and obviously whether my lining thickens up post that. He recommended a natural cycle which I am nervous about, I suspect my lining will not get there, but he said they have slightly better stats for a natural cycle transfer rather than medicated, so we will see how we go with oestrogen supplementation etc. He also recommended transferring two of the blasts (both the day 5 ones and leaving the day 6 in the freezer) as he feels that we have been through enough now and the risk of twins is worth taking. It's funny when a doctor says that, as on this thread I don't feel like my story is that bad and lots of people here have been through far worse than I have, but I suppose compared to the average population of women doing IVF, its a lot....  DH and I are on the fence, I think DH more so than I (he is worried about twins). I on the other hand would love twins but in reality I think the chances are slim of two of them being good enough to get there. If I transfer both and they don't work out I can at least move onto cycling again more quickly which is one advantage....  Anyway we will keep thinking about it and probably not decide until the last minute!

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 6/02/18, 15:00 »
    Hi all - just a quick reply from me as I'm at work, will reply in full later - thank you for all the advice RE ubiquinol, I have some on order but just wanted to check, most of you mention egg quality, my eggs were actually apparently very good quality just there were only 3 of them :( will ubiquinol still help do you think and, if so, when should I start taking it and how much is ideal?  AF arrived last night so I'm over the moon and will be going in tomorrow for a scan.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 6/02/18, 18:53 »
    Just a quick one to Helen, it makes total sense to me that's why I stop progesterone on 11 dpo  if beta is negative  (as confirmed by bloods) in which case my af shows up just about when it was supposed to on about 14/15 dpo  and I can track ovulation normally the next cycle. If I stick with progesterone for longer my af gets delayed but follicles carry on regardless so I end up with very early ovulation.