* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 123065 times)

0 Members

Offline MA66

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #130 on: 7/02/18, 14:26 »
Hi, sorry to crash in.  I have been trying to catch up and respond but the thread has moved so quickly and I have a quick decision to make so if you don't mind I'll ask my question and then read back and respond.

Thank you for your responses so far to my other questions!

I need help as I really don't know what to do.  I had my scan and bloods today, I'm day 2, and my cyst has grown from 22mm to 28mm now.  I have an AFC of 8 but one is already 10mm, another 9mm, another 8mm, another 7mm and then four around 4-5mm.  So it is likely that the cyst is producing oestrogen for those follicles to be so big already but if it isn't I need to decide if I am going to go ahead this cycle or not.  The consultant at create seemed happy for me to make the decision.  I'm used to at CRGH and ARGC them guiding me!  My instinct is no as this looks to me like another cycle where there's a big discrepancy in follicle size even from day 2!  Also if I have such a large follicle, of 10mm, already on day 2 isn't it likely that I will end up with an early EC again and quite a few immature eggs again?  As I have a history of a big difference in follicle size and immature eggs I'm not keen but then I'm 41 with a low AMH and fluctuating AFC, so maybe I shouldn't be waiting.

The consultant said it's best for the follicles to be no bigger than 5.5mm at this stage but that if I went ahead I could still get some, she said likely up to 4 eggs.  But I'm doubtful of their maturity.

I also had a migraine yesterday losing my sight for 30 mins, which I used to get on the pill so I had to come off, years ago.  I got one 2 weeks ago (the first one in years) and one yesterday so I think it will be oestrogen producing just because of that even but if it isn't I have a decision to make.

As I was whizzing through the thread trying to catch up I thought I saw a response from AnnaKay saying that with a cyst even if it's not oestrogen producing there are studies that it's detrimental to the cycle anyway or is that only if it's oestrogen producing?

Because I mentioned the migraine the consultant also said about taking a different drug every day and then Bemfola every other but I can't remember what she said now but I think it started with a T, when I do cycle.  But if I didn't get migraines when I was on 500 and 600 stim meds then I think I'm going to risk 150 or 225 daily stims whenever I do start.

If my oestrogen comes back high, I should know around 6pm, then they have prescribed Microgynon 30 for 21 days and I hope that works in just the month.  Could this double as a primer (is that the correct word?)?

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.  Thank you so much ladies.  I am sea with this and I know what a wealth of knowledge you have!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 7/02/18, 15:19 »
    Wow there is a lot going on here.

Here is to the next cycle Briss!

Tily three of a similar size is good. The ones I had which were similar did continue to grow together but don't know if there is anything you can do......

Sorry MA66 I'm not sure, this is only my first cycle.

AFM I had my ET this morning so am now officially PUPO - doesn't feel real yet. I had acupuncture this morning before and have it booked tomorrow morning as well. I was a bit concerned when we got to the clinic as out of our three they had not progressed as hoped and non were at Blast stage. The slow third one was now our best and so two have been put back. The third they are watching till tomorrow but chances are it will not be good enough to freeze. Has anyone else had this? 

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 7/02/18, 21:15 »
    Pickle123:  Thank you for the advice, unfortunately the doc says long protocol is best so am going to have to go with that, he has however agreed to change my stims drug and start me on 300 (was 150 last time) so fingers crossed that makes a difference!

Helenbeau:  No, the frozen embies are all day 1, they said they didnít want to test them until they had more as the drop off rate is so high...am hoping the change in drugs might make a difference!  I hope Iím not going to suffer because of the whole ovulation thing too...Iím not back to back but coulda sworn I ovulated earlier than normal this cycle.

Klik: I did ask about the short but they swear the long produces more eggs, if this cycle & the frozen embies donít work I will look at my options I think, more than anything the attitude of the doc stinks like heís wasting his time talking to me  :( ...I know heís really busy and heís top of his field so probably doesnít like getting questioned but still!  Thank you for your advice, I will definitely use it if we have to do a third cycle.
    As for you, good luck with your hysteroscopy, I donít envy you!  Hopefully it will give you some answers though.

Briss:  Good luck for the next round Ė when do you start again?

Tily:  Sorry I have no clue what to do but hopefully some of the other ladies will have a good idea!

MA66:  Sorry I have no clue for you either...hope you get some advice from somewhere and manage to make a decision though.

LXP:  Congrats Ė keeping everything crossed for you and sending lots of sticky baby dust your way!

Hugs to all xx

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 7/02/18, 21:43 »
    Hi Laura,
    Sorry your dictor sounds like a bit of a prick. A lot of doctors can be arrogant or at least give that impression. Are you still NHS? Iíve noticed nhs generally seem to prefer long protocol, I might be wrong but everyone I know whoíve done nhs has been put on long. I donít understand the testing though. At my clinic the embryos have to be hatching blasts so thatís at least day 5 or 6 before they can be tested andcthen they are frozen after testing. They canít be frozen and then tested. This is PGS testing. Maybe yours is different. Is it cheaper to test more than one egg and thatís why they want a few before testing? Why are you having them tested anyway? Were you on meds last cycle and did they hold back your period? If so maybe thatís why you ovulated early. Look at your diary and try work out when your period would have been due had you not had any treatment and it might show that you ovulated when you should have done if your body hadnít had itís cycle disrupted. Iíve still got no sign of O but going to have my scan tomorrow anyway to see what going on down there. X

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 7/02/18, 22:09 »
    Hi Helenbeau,

Yeah, he's not covered himself in glory and my cousin and my friend have both been treated by him and said the same thing!  Yes we're still NHS, this is only our second cycle, that could well be the reason!

I'm PGD so perhaps it is different testing, we have to be tested for a genetic condition DH has, if we didn't we'd be trying naturally...regards ovulation I think actually I didn't go early, I just counted and reckon it was about 15 days before which would be right eh?

Good luck with the scan! x

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 7/02/18, 22:48 »
    Hi Ladies,

Just quickly for MA66; I wouldn't worry about follicles growing too fast as such. They could still be good. I guess the bloods should signpost towards cyst or otherwise. Personally, I wouldn't cancel this early. Cycles can twist and turn for the better or worse. It's very early. But your consultant should be working a bit harder for you. I would insist on their recommendation also. I'm in a similar situation is so far as the follicles have started growing in the Luteal phase. It's like the ovaries and uterus are acting independently. In extreme cases, I've heard of egg collections during the menstrual phase!! It's only a huge issue if you want to do a fresh transfer of any embryos you create as obviously would need an optimum lining for transfer.

Update re our restaurant; Blue Lagume is now a Mexican restaurant!! I had sent email enquiries and turns out its been closed for the last 3 weeks but will be reopened before the weekend. Does everyone who is joining us like Mexican? Or we can change venue to somewhere else nearby. Had a big chat with the owner today and he assured me he would look after us but appreciate Mexican mightn't be to everyone's taste. Let me know? I have a very tentative booking!

Here's the address by way of reminder

The Blue Legume
    177 Upper St, Islington, London N1 1RG, UK
    +44 20 7226 5858
    https://goo.gl/maps/yQCveodV8Av

AFM, baseline FSH was 12 today (after copious amounts of oestrogen and wheatgrass!!) so I've started the Femara plus Gonal F protocol. Didn't realise the 75ius of Gonal needed mixing. The big pen is so much easier when taking 300ius! Seems so much work for such a little dose and no work for a large dose. TSH is acting up again so doubling tyroxine dose.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 7/02/18, 23:34 »
    Briss: yes, bring it on!

tily: Ah, nothing like oestrogen to get FSH to a decent level! I'm hoping these beautiful follicles do you proud and get you that baby in the end! Embarrassing--I didn't even realise The Blue Legume was closed for 3 weeks, and I live, like, a block away! I'm into Mexican, personally, but I'm generally quite easy-going re. food. Pera is almost right next door and has a kind of similar-ish menu to what The Blue Legume used to have (maybe more explicitly Mediterranean), just in case people don't like Mexican. But anyway, good luck with this cycle!!!

Laura: I think we DOR women need to start sending feedback to the NHS so they can update the NICE guidelines. LP works wonderfully for some women, but not for all!

LXP: congratulations on being PUPO!!! Hopefully at least one will stick!!!

MA66: sure, the pill also quietens the ovaries--problem is, with DOR women, sometimes it oversuppresses when taken for 21 days. Hopefully not in your case, though... Was your oestrogen ok, in the end? Incidentally, you're far more likely to get migraines from low oestrogen than you are from high. Also, oestrogen suppresses follicle growth, so if your cyst is oestrogen-producing, that definitely doesn't explain why your other follicles are relatively large--if anything, it would make it even more puzzling! I personally wouldn't be worried about early growth, though some other women have found it to be negatively correlated with egg quality... It's really personal, and you just have to learn what your body does... I hope you got good news about the cyst and will get to use this cycle!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 8/02/18, 12:38 »
    Tilly - what is your protocol with the Gonal F.
    Iím so pleased you have 3 follicles.    I think I would see how you are responding.  It is about finding you sweet spot - the dose which works for you.  Ie. not enough and your lead will probably run away,  too much and they will grow fast, generally I would keep to dose low.

MA66 - I personally only take the bcp during the luteal phase.  If I take it for longer than 10 days or so or after day 1 of a new cycle it completely shuts my ovaries down.  I find it really helpful when taken in the luteal phase to prevent cysts in the next cycle though!!

Klik - sorry about your ashermans, I hope you are OK.  I might have missed a few posts but I hope

AFM - have been away with work, was going to cycle, then had an early LH peak and decided to cancel rather than risk it.  So am on BCP before next AF fingers crosse there will be more astral folliclesÖ

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 8/02/18, 15:10 »
    LXP... congrats on being PUPO. Sorry I meant to say this earlier. Did your third embryo make it to blast? Donít fret about the quality. I think Iíve seen more women get preggers with seemingly low quality embies than good ones!

Tily...sob you did the eostrogen priming? The three foliies you have seen pretty even. Letís hopecthey stay that way. Remind me your clinic? Also, can I be a pain and join you ladies on Saturday. I might be the only one but I want a massive glass of wine now I think my cycle is cancelled again!

Hi Queenie, did you scan this month? So the bcp is tonorevebt cysts? Any cycsts? Maybe I should try that if I ever cycle again. I got two lovely ones last cycle! Little buggers! Remind me which clinic youíre at? Do you do natural or mild stims? Good luck for next cycle.

Mac...itís awful having to wait. Iím 41 too so I feel your pain. Sounds like you have lots of follicles so thereís a good chance youíll get at least half...whether that be the bigger ones or the smaller ones or a bit of both. Horriblecto make those decisions though. Have you decided what to do?

AFM. Just had my scan. I have one dominant follicle 2.5 x 1.9 although I wasnít confident the sonographer would be able to tell if that was a follicle or a cycst but she seemed to think it was a follicle as there was just one. Stings a bit that last month I paid a huge sum of money on stims to also get one follicle! My lining is only 5.8. I still donít have a positive ovulation test but there was a faint line today whereas yesterday there was nothing so look like I am heading in that direction. I really donít know if that lining will improve. Looks like itís too thin to go ahead with a transfer. I emailed my clinic but of course no one got back to me so I donít know their opinion. I do have a prescription from them for a trigger shot but just donít know what to do. What thickens the lining? Is it estrogen? Iíve got lots at home but this was meant to be a natural cycle. What do you think ladies? X

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 8/02/18, 18:25 »
    Kilk - Iím sorry to hear about your partnerís best friend. Iíve received my fair share of insensitive and bordering on ridiculous comments over the last few years. If I eventually get pregnant and I feel strong enough I would like to raise some awareness about infertility. Iím not sure how yet, but I would like to turn this journey into something positive.

LauraC81 - thank you! Things have improved and my family are a bit more positive and supportive. I think I may keep things quiet next time though! Iím torn between doing a natural and an oestrogen priming protocol. I think my amh was around 6.4 last year, but goodness knows what it is now! My main worry about a natural cycle is that I may not have enough luteal phase support and that the egg collected wonít get fertilised, which has happened with quite a few of my eggs collected so far. I started off with the long protocol on the NHS, but only had 3 follies growing so it was converted to IUI and didnít count as a go. I then had 2 short protocol cycles. On my first sp I had 8 follies and 5 eggs. I hope you can push for sp with your Dr.

Helenbeau - Thatís really interesting about our bodies keeping to their true cycles despite artificial meds etc. Unfortunately I donít really know much about increasing lining. Is there something that perhaps your clinic could prescribe, or advise? If you havenít ovulated yet your lining should still be thickening, so hopefully youíll see a difference at your next scan.

MA66 - I had microgynon to clear my cyst a month before my first IVF and that has been my best cycle so far.

LXP - Congratulations on being PUPO!

Afm - Iím still feeling washed out and I have had headaches on and off all week. Iím hoping to have a quiet weekend and to start feeling a bit more normal soon!