* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 115083 times)

0 Members

Offline LauraC81

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #150 on: 9/02/18, 13:14 »
Gosh this thread moves fast!  Sorry if I miss anyoneÖ
Tily:  Mixing sounds stressful Ė Iíve always had prefilled pens (except for Buserlin) Ė Iíd be terrified at mixing in case I got it wrong!

Kilk:  Yes, definitely I agree we should send feedback, I think I will definitely raise it once this is all over (donít want to raise my stress levels at the moment by doing so but will once Iím done). 

Queenie:  Sorry to hear you had to cancel your cycle but deffo best rather than risk it, good luck for next time round!

Helenbeau:  Iím not sure what thickens lining or anything about estrogen levels, sorry, really crap advice from your clinic too, so sorry to hear that, isnít there an ask the doctor thread on here?  Maybe you could ask them?  Sending lots of positive vibes your way for you to get this sorted!

Babyhopeful:  Glad to hear things have improved, donít blame you for keeping quiet next time!  They wonít do SP unfortunately but are at least changing the drug (from Gonal F to one I keep forgetting the name of but starts with a B) and increasing the starting dose.  Hope you are feeling a bit better now and headaches have eased, I had a killer headache yesterday morning and into most of the afternoon, never normally get them so quite odd!

Mac78:  You are an incredible friend to cancel a cycle, I am sure if your friend knew she would be eternally grateful.  You never know about the job interview, some of the worst interviews (in my opinion) of my life have turned into jobs!  As for next cycle take some time to gear yourself up, sounds like you need it.

ShadyWheat:  Yeah, Iíve got 2 friends who have had treatment with him and they both said he was the same with them, ah well, will hope for the best while preparing for the worst, Iím doing everything I can at least from a supplement and health perspective!

LXP:  Hope the 2ww isnít feeling too awful Ė are you planning to test early?  When is your OTD?

Pickle123:  Well done on keeping up!  This thread is a fast one eh?  Yes my clinic is NHS, and in fairness the IVF side of the clinic do work weekends etc. but because Iím PGD they donít work weekends so I have to try and have my EC scheduled to allow testing on a weekday, otherwise theyíll have to be frozen and weíll have to wait for the next PGD slot (usually 4 or 5 month wait) so Iím keeping everythjng crossed Iím good for EC on either a Monday or Friday!  Glad to hear youíre feeling better now and good luck for ET in March.

AnnaKay:  Bitter nostalgia doesnít sound like fun Ė hope you have something nice lined up for the weekend to counteract!  I did LP last time and only got 3 eggs hence why I hoped we might try something different this time (and lots of people say SP is better for poor responders/low AMH).  My doc disagrees but has at least agreed to change the stim drug and the dosage so fingers crossed!  FX for AF arriving this weekend for you and also the cyst disappearing.  I think youíve done the right thing with DH Ė how did he react? (You donít need to share if you donít want to).  Stay strong, itís an awful position to be in, either way there will be what ifís but at least youíre taking control and making your case clear Ė thatís all you can do.

Sunshine 122:  FX for an ovulation next week Ė youíre right about the sex!  In my wait for AF this week I suggested to DH we have some to bring on AF (weirdly it can do that with me if Iím close to due date!) by chance it came that day, he was less than impressed that not only was I only requesting sex to bring on AF but that he actually didnít get any after all!

Hope you all have a nice weekend and those meeting up for a meal have a fab time.  Sending lots of sticky baby dust, magic ovulation dust and appearing auntie flo dust to all who need it (I know, if only it were that easy eh) and lots of patience and happiness dust to the rest of us (as Iím sure we all need some of that!) xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 9/02/18, 19:02 »
    Katkat, 're drinking I'm so tired of this tbh, I know we froze the sperm but it's not like it means he has free pass to drinking himself silly basically he ended up drinking a bottle of red on a daily basis and I was this close to moving out. We are trying to work it out but i run out of patience.

Ladies sorry to let you down again but DD got chicken pox so will have to stay at home with her this weekend.

Btw does anyone  know how having cold sores relates to immunity? For some reason I got 3 cold sores which is a lot and my gp  thought it relates to immune system being down. Why would it be down  so suddenly?

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 9/02/18, 19:16 »
    Hi Katkat, thanks for the advice. I do already take vit E and selenium I started a couple of weeks back. I do Acupuncture, Chinese medicine, pomegranate juice, raspberry leaf tea, I even tried a castor oil pack and have been using a hot water bottle on my belly but nothing seems to help. Maybe I shoulda just drink a litre of red wine and smoked loads of fags! Iíve decided to take oestrogen and have a scan on Monday. You never know but think I just have to accept that it will be next month. I just hope thereís isnt an underlying problem, though I do have endo so I guess this plays a big part. Reprofit have been crap and I havenít heard back from them. Also, I got a positive ov test last night. Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Mac...sorry about your friends mum and having to cancel! That sucks. And the bad job interview, well you never know. I had one a couple of weeks ago and ballsed it up big time. I think our self esteem is affected throughout this bad journey! Keep on keeping on!

Klik....thanks for your advice. Good to know my hormone levels were good naturally at least. Shame the lining didnít follow suit. Iím not sure really what it was before D&C as that was my first ivf and I was pretty naive  to know what I should have been observing. Iím not sure I knew what my endometrium lining was and how important it was. I just hope thereís isnt something underlying and now Iím confused as whether to find out, purely for financial reasons. I wrote to Serum today to see what Penny thought and an idea of cost and maybe I should go see your guy, was it Dr Trew? Can they diagnose scarring etc with aquascan or do you need the operation? My lining was only 7.5mm for my transfer. After my D&C in July my lining was 4.5mm August, 7mm September, then 9.5mm with medicated FET in November  and 7.8mm naturally in December. I donít think itís naturally thick and I do have endo. What do you mean by catching the egg? Doing an EC? I wish I could but canít afford it whilst I have three in freezer think I have to try those first. I can try naturally but donít hold out much hope and I have zero EWCM..in fact itís quite creamy (sorry tmi) so not sure whatís happening there!
    Interesting what you said to shady about the FET protocol. I did the same one as Kat.

Laura, glad you got your protocol sorted and AF has arrived. Wishing you all the luck!

Pickle, itís interesting that you have endo and your lining is thick. I have endo too. We might be doing FET at same time.

Tily...how are the follies doing? Hope all is well. And hope you saw my message to join you guys tomorrow, sorry itís a late addition...thereís always one! Mexican is great.

And how will we recognise each other? I guess weíll be the table of bitter, twisted old ladies! (I canít resist a bit of dark humor in these circumstances) And what will we call each other? Obviously Iím Helen but not sure it will be a surprise as to all your names. Might get some strange looks if I shout Shady Wheat, Klik and Pickle across the table 😂

Offline Hopeful2013

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 9/02/18, 19:50 »
    Hi ladies,
    I have been trying to keep up and I'm so sorry to hear people are feeling down and frustrated :-( I despise Jan/Feb even if you take out all the ivf stuff I just think the darkeness and rain makes it miserable. That said spring should hopefully be on the way soon.
    I had my 12 week scan Thursday at the same hospital I had my first ectopic discovered and the baby is fine :-) I very nearly couldn't bring myself to walk through the door and despite telling the sonographer about my last experience she let me sit there for five minutes while she jabbed me in the belly before saying everything was ok. So unbelievably relieved I just can't believe how lucky we have been. This time last June we had decided to have our 'last' treatment in Brno... a twist of fate and a very generous offer from my mum of paying for treatment and we have a one egg miracle.
    I just wanted to share as I have been so close to giving up before and sometimes everyone needs a bit of positivity.
    Sorry for the lack of personals I'm on my phone, will catch up next time xx

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 9/02/18, 20:09 »
    Hi Ladies,

Just dashing as have to pack for a week and flight tomorrow.

Address for tomorrow is...

El Otro
    177 Upper St, Islington, London N1 1RG, UK
    +44 20 7226 5858
    https://goo.gl/maps/KGBUGMWYzXU2

Restaurant is literally only open 2 days so no reviews yet! Anyway, lets hope they are keen to impress!!

I'll be wearing a pink Jacket and 5ft 9in, longish highlighted hair.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and of course anyone else who wants to join. I think there will be 7/8 of us.

See some of you tomorrow and hope everyone else has a nice relaxing weekend. X

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 9/02/18, 20:10 »
    Sorry, should have said booking is from 6pm although I think a number of us probably won't get there until 6.30pm...

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 9/02/18, 20:20 »
    Phew this thread moves fast.

Pickle - yes now on pregnacare and steering clear of Amazon vits. lol. Panic over.

Trying to eat healthily as well.
    Klik - big hug. People can be insensitive. I agree about being centred on TTC. I haven't been before and I watched whilst my time got taken up by other people's dramas. I tend to rescue people in trouble. Now trying to disengage my mind from that and not worry.

Ladies have a great night tomorrow. Hope to catch up with you guys when there is another meet-up.
    Tily -great idea.

Blue x

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 9/02/18, 21:14 »
    Sunshine, I did Tamoxifen cycles with alternate days of 150iu stims from day 4. When I got a lot of eggs (for me!) it was after Iíd taken Norethisterone while waiting for a cyst to disappear. I think the docs at the different Create clinics probably have their own preferences.

Congrats on your 12 week scan Hopeful. Lovely news :)

Sorry to hear about the Pox, Briss. Hope little one is ok and that you are managing to juggle any childcare and work challenges. I get cold sores when Iím tired and run down or when Iím unwell so I think there is a link to your immune system being compromised. Hope they go soon. So annoying and sore!

Thanks for the restaurant info Tily. Pink jacket sounds lovely! Is it booked under Tily?

Helen - the bitter and twisted crew has a fab ring to it!

Had to pick up a poorly DD early from nursery today as she had a temp of 39.5. Nurofen is helping her I think but Iím worried sheís now has all my lurgies 😟 I will obviously keep an eye on her tonight and tomorrow and let you know if I canít leave her for the meet up. Hopefully she will bounce back quickly. Horrible when the canít tell you whatís wrong. Still hoping to come. I would probably get there for 7 as Iím a bit farther out but do order if youíre hungry and I can do so when I get there. Will keep you posted xx

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 10/02/18, 14:57 »
    Klik, KatKat, Shady, Helen & anyone else out this evening. DD still unwell with temp still spiking fever each time meds wear off, and generally sheís very sad and cuddly. So disappointed not to get to meet you tonight Ė not least because it would have been wonderful to talk to you all in person, and also because this was a very rare Sat night out for me. So sorry not to join you  :( hope you have a good time together x