* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124988 times)

0 Members

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #160 on: 10/02/18, 16:00 »
Oh no Pickle, so sorry to hear that. I was really looking forward to meeting you in person too! I hope your daughter recovers soon, I'm sure she'll appreciate lots of cuddles with her lovely mummy, and hopefully we can do another meet up soon that you will be able to join. Big hugs xxx

see the rest of you there later, probably looking at getting there for just after 6.30

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 10/02/18, 17:59 »
    Will be there at 6.15! Bus late..

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 11/02/18, 16:37 »
    Lovely to see you again last night: Klik, Tily and KatKat. Also good to meet you in person Helenbeau and Dorchestor! Thank you Tily for organsing a fab evening out and hope to catch up again next time you are in London - best of luck with your two follies, I will be willing them on this week.

Hope everyone else is having a lovely weekend xxx

Offline Cramer

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 11/02/18, 23:56 »
    Hey all, sorry about the MIA of late.  I was trying to read up and then by the time I get the moment to respond the convo moves on at top speed! Ok some quick personals,

Rossss, Briss, KatKat, Baby Hopeful - I'm so very sorry about your BFNs, its sucks and its about time some good news popped up here, so good timing hopeful with your news to keep us Ďhopefulí

Helenbeau: Yes!! Sore boobs have been off the charts last few months but especially this month.  Its been happening after ovulation (or when it should be ovulation).  Iím thinking maybe hormonal imbalance? Or maybe its just what PMS is like as Iíve been on the pill for such a long time and this is the norm?...if it is, at least that is one thing I did not miss, even though I hated the fact the pill hid everting

Klik: so sorry about the diagnosis, but I guess in this roller coaster world, sometimes when there is something to blame or explain whats happening, it gives you some sort of control.  I know its not an ideal outcome, but it means you can do something about it now with an action plan

Tily: amazing results with the 3 AF around the same size.  Maybe the oestrogen priming is the lucky trick for you.  Hope your follow-up scan goes well

Pickle: it just plan sucks how people donít get it, and it just shows how strong a person you are and many of the ladies on this group are with the ability to hold your tongue and just nod with oh yes it must have been tough to their face but in your head WT? are you serious, do you even know the meaning of hard.  Had that awk conversation with a mates husband yesterday saying why donít you have kids, why are you guys holding off, told him it would be hard for us but we keep trying.  Then he told me it took them a year, though they properly only tried a few times.  I sat there going oh thatís hard, but in my head, are we seriously having this convo, you have a 6 month old baby and you want me to feel sorry for you!

Mac: sorry to hear about your friend, it makes you a strong person to do that.  Youíre a good friend

LXP: wishing you the best of luck

Briss: Ive got cold sores at the moment as well.  Annoying, hoping as im tired, run down and its freeeeezing outside is to blame.  Great results with the mature egg- great to hear its moving in the right direction

Sounds like you ladies had a really good night out on Saturday, sorry I missed it. 
    Ladies do you stop taking ubiquinol/CoQ10, post ovulation or is it something continuous?  I know the vitamins are constant, but I was never sure on the rest.   
    So, sorry Iíve been MIA, work has taken another level.  Arrived back from holidays from India in early Jan, to be in the UK for 36 hours before flying out to the US.  Since then Iíve spent every second week in another country! Not really ideal fertility times, let alone overexerting.  Although I canít really do any treatment, might as well push myself further and get control over my life, so been back to proper cardio again and losing weight.  Tbh I feel great.  I like not letting it control me and for once me deciding my time (outside of work taking over!).  Saying that, time is ticking.  Will do a baseline scan next Af and see if CRGH would let me do treatmentÖ.even though I would be flying out to New York 2 days later.  I know stupid idea, just need to get back on it. 

Have a nice week ladies and Hi to everyone else

Offline Cramer

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 12/02/18, 08:41 »
    Oh and I forgot- Tily I read about that research- sounds promising.  Iím going to see if I can source the journal article.  Would be great to be involved in that clinical trail

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 12/02/18, 09:36 »
    Cramer, you sure travel a lot!! I interestingly about feeling great I got my proper bfp exactly when I was for the first time in years feeling good about my body I spent 6 months on stricked and unhealthy diet but i lost most of my ivf weight and went on a holiday to show off my regained slimness :)  I normally stop coq10 after embryo transfer but carry on after ovulation simple because I don't think we have any chance of natural conception.

Ladies I'm so sorry it missed it but looks like you had a great time. And I'm also sorry I can't catch up properly with everyone but I do read your updates and you are constantly on my mind. Wishing everyone healthy babies soon. I'll try to catch up as often as I can.

Pickle, I'm sorry about LO' s temperature it's always so worrying when it gets to 39.5+ but I think at this early stage it's a good sign that immune system is developing well and building up as it should. 

Atm, as I'm rediscovering my new body I find it super hard to plan for natural ivf. I think I'm very close to moving to modified so we could at least plan collections.  This cycle kicked in with high sex drive-total opposite to my previous cycle.  My monitor started off with high so estrogen must be high and ovulation early. I poped at ali pharm  and stocked up on ovulation suppression meds. I didn't know they actually take away your prescription.  I forgot to ask if they accept copies. Does anyone know?

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #166 on: 12/02/18, 14:49 »
    Hopeful: what wonderful news, congratulations! Thanks for letting us know--we need all the hope we can get!

Pickle: I'm so sorry we couldn't meet you in person... I hope your little one is ok... Hopefully we will meet next time--with everyone pregnant, ideally!

Cramer: sorry you couldn't make it this time... it's good to hear from you, though! Re. vitamins, Dr Ozturk told me to stop ubiquinol, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C (if you're taking those above and beyond your pre-natals) at transfer time, and start again only if a BFN has been clearly established... Honestly, though, I just kept going with the ubiquinol because I never really believed that any one transfer would work. I've stopped ubiquinol now that I'm not collecting anymore. I'm sorry work's been so busy but really glad you're feeling good about yourself. I think that positions you much better for success! FX'ed!!!

Briss: so sorry we didn't get to meet in person... How's your little one dealing with her chicken pox? Yeah, your follicular phase seems to have really shortened--your FSH is probably relatively high... I'd consider either luteal phase stimming, to boost the follicles a little, or (my preference) oestrogen priming, to slow them down until AF actually starts... Of course, you'd have to see what actually works for you... This process is exhausting!

Shady: it was lovely to see you again! You look really well... I'm hoping for that post m/c boost for you!

tily: thank you so much for organising--it was lovely to see you again! I'm sending your follicles "grow strong" vibes--good luck!!!

Blue: thank you very much! Yes, being a "rescuer" works against us--we need to spend our energy on ourselves, too!

Helen: it was great to meet you in person! How did the scan go?

Laura: thanks for all the wishes! Where are you in your cycle--sorry, I forget... have you started the meds yet?

katkat: it was lovely to see you again! I'm sorry it's been such a frustrating journey... I can also totally relate with becoming the whining partner... Ugh! I just hope you get to say, when you finally have your baby, that it was all worth it in the end!

Sunshine: BCP for a week in the luteal phase should at least suppress oestrogen-producing cysts... Good luck with that natural attempt!

AFM: AF arrived Saturday night and it was quite heavy, so I started getting paranoid that this upcoming hysteroscopy is entirely unnecessary. It's horrible to be paranoid all the time--that's really not who I want to be! Anyway, it was only heavy for one day, and now it's practically gone, so I've calmed down again. Can't wait for next week so I can get this thing behind me!

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 12/02/18, 15:14 »
    Hi ladies,
    Just wanted to say that I had a great time on Saturday. It was so lovely to meet you all. Youíre all really wonderful, beautiful, strong women. Sorry I didnít meet those who couldnít make it. Hopefully we can all meet up again soon.

Tily, thanks for organising Saturday night. Iím sure it was a bit like herding sheep but you did it and well worth it, thankyou. How was the scan? Iíve been thinking about you.

Klik, that heavy AF must have been a nice surprise, until it stopped. Iím sure you wonít regret the surgery. It will feel like a new start afterwards. And you have 8 embies on ice, right?

Pickle, sorry to have missed you. Hope your daughter is getting better.

Cramer, wow you have one jetsetting job. Do you need an assistant? Just ask :-)

AFM I managed to have a scan on Sunday. I had already ovulated. My lining was triple layered and 6.8mm sů it had grown a little bit still not really enough. So will prepare for next month now. Have to deal with the usual disappointment of set backs. Also, Iím feeling pretty hopeless and down in the dumps today as my PGS tested embryo came back with a monosomy 19 and is concluded abnormal. It was a very good quality blast and I actually thought it would be ok, but nope. So good quality blasts really mean nothing. Itís a wake up call though that most embryos are abnormal and of course Reprofit said itís not likely many will be normal due to my age. So I feel sad that not knowing what to do. How many more could I produce which are duff? DE, DE, DE ????? I canít afford to keep going OE, or can I? Itís so tough. And if I cycle again Iíve decided to leave my relationship and use DS sů then there would be no genetic link. I know Iím running ahead of myself but these are my immediate feelings. Itís a tough day.
    I have two in the freezer which have not been tested. The question now is transfer one or two?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #168 on: 12/02/18, 17:57 »
    Helen, I know you are disappointed with the PGS testing result but I find it strangely reassuring . I always struggled to believed  women can have so many eggs that can not make a chromosonally sound embryo and worried that there must be some other reason that we are failing to address but your result just shows that it's probably true and then it probably explains my fertilisation failures and bfns and it's fine because it's just a question of time and getting that perfect strong eggie. You are doing all that's possible so sooner or later you will come by that perfect egg.  As for transfer since they are already frozen id only transfer one. 're donor sperm I spent a lot of time fantasizing about it and truth be told if I went ds  route i'd get there much quicker BUT once you have your baby and you will it's so much easier if you have a partner (if that's an option that is). I'm so sorry you are going through this, don't decide now take your time.

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 12/02/18, 22:29 »
    Hi ladies,

It was really great to see you again Shady, Klik, Katkat and Dorchester and lovely to meet you for the first time Helen. Sorry you couldn't make it Briss and Pickle. I hope your DDs are feeling better and maybe next time, we will get to meet.

Cramer: You sound busy but in good form. Well done! Distraction in any form is great on this journey. Glad to hear you are healthy and feeling good.

Helen: That really sucks about the PGS result.  :'( :'( . I 100% empathise with where you are with the DE decision, I'm in a very similar situation as you know. It's almost impossible to know when to stop when there's always the possibility that the perfect egg is around the corner. I still think doctors blaming our eggs is just a default answer to everything. Undeniably, egg quantity and quality are massively correlated with success but it's just such a lazy answer sometimes to just blame the eggs!! But as Briss today, now is not the time to make major life decisions. Give yourself time to grieve that little embryo and in the meantime, be very kind and gentle to yourself. You get knitting girl!! I think I might start knitting soon. Can you tell me where you got the pattern for your lovely hat?

Klik: thanks for the growing follicle vibes, I really appreciate it. Only a few sleeps to your hysteroscopy. And then you can move onto your transfers asap.

Katkat: have to say I'm still laughing at the thought of your lunch time egg collections!! Feel like such a wuss getting a full general anaesthetic and taking a day off work 😂.

Shady: we didn't get to chat that much but I have so much admiration for the way you've handled everything on this journey. You've been so dignified and calm even in the most difficult situations.

Laura: The mixing has been horrendous this cycle and for such small doses. I don't know why I didn't ask my consultant to just write it out for a 900iu pen of Gonal F as the drugs are capped in Ireland so it would cost the same to get a 900Iu or even 3 * 900ius as the 10 * 75iu vials. I'll know for the next time! My Irish consultant normally loads up the scripts but I guess because the drugs are so expensive in U.K., only the bare minimum with a little extra is prescribed.

Hopeful: Congrats on the 12 week scan.

LXP: any update from the tww. Wishing you lots of sticky baby dust.

Anna: your post really resonated with me. You've probably described my life for the last 18 months in terms of oscillating back and forth between failures and obsessing about DE but not quite able to make the jump. Not yet anyway but I will at some stage this year as I, like you, just want to get on with life. Back to having disposable income and going on holidays and enjoying life. It seems like an alternative universe to the current reality!!! Also, meant to say to you, that protocol with the antagonist in the Luteal phase with the priming sounds interesting. Have you ever spoken to anyone who has done it? It's not one I've seen before but it does make sense to me.

Mac, MA66, Queenie - hi!

AFM, there are two follicles still in the running which is dismal by most people's standards but exactly a 100% improvement in my case. If I can collect two eggs, I will be ecstatic!! I'm not sure who mentioned about talking to your ovaries and talking to people who have passed but I spent the whole day having serious conversations with my ovaries and my Granny who passed in 2016. Serious bargaining and begging the second follicle to keep up. All in between going into the city and pretending to be a professional! I turned up at 3pm to work after the Lister morning scanning delays...anyway, Lister are keeping a close eye so I'm in at 8am in the morning again, will probably trigger tomorrow evening and egg collection on Thursday morning which is only CD11 but the follies were well established at baseline so had been growing in Luteal phase.