* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 117455 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #170 on: 13/02/18, 08:57 »
Hopeful, lovely news, huge congratulations!

Tily, fingers crossed for your 2 follies, goodluck with your EC on thurs.

Helen, sorry to hear about your embryo. As the other ladies have said, take some time to look after yourself before you make any big decisions, and hopefully you wonít need to cycle again as you still have your 2 frosties.

I know exactly what you mean about wanting to get on with your life, i have spent all of my 30ís so far obsessing over this and think if we havenít had any luck by the end of the year, well Iím not sure exactly but canít keep living this way. Maybe will have a few years off to travel/move house etc before moving onto DE, maybe itíll happen naturally in the meantime but I need to be happy again. Sometimes I still canít believe Iím in this situation, it doesnít feel real.

Today am on CD12, would usually ovulate today but nothing, using clearblue OPK but not even a faint line when I take the strip thing out the holder. My ovaries didnít look great at my scan on CD2 so maybe its just a duff month but still DTD religiously, just incase. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 13/02/18, 09:35 »
    Hi Ladies,

Sorry, really upset and need advice. After thinking things were going well with 2/3 follicles, it turns out that my oestrogen level was less than 300pmol yesterday. Lister are suggesting I trigger tonight as the lead is 19 but how can I trigger with such a low oestrogen level? They also gave me the choice of pushing on an extra day and have egg collection Friday but risk losing the lead. Will wait for today's oestrogen and chat with doctor before making decision but can I just check with you ladies if anyone has experienced low Oestrogen with the Letrozole protocol. I only finished last Letrozole tab on Sunday so hopefully oestrogen will take off now??

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #172 on: 13/02/18, 09:57 »
    quick one for tily: I'm really really sorry your E2 is not corresponding to your follicles... I would not trigger today. Frankly, I probably wouldn't even trigger tomorrow. Did your LH start to rise? Lister should know this, but on letrozole protocols follicles have to be bigger before they're sure to be mature (Cornell likes them > 21--if possible, they like 23!). So unless your LH already had an appreciable rise, I would not trigger tonight. My 2 cents... Good luck--I still have high hopes for these follicles! xx

Will try to write more later!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 13/02/18, 10:08 »
    Hi Tily - oh no, I'm so sorry to hear this, why are things never simple?! I'm just trying to think back to my experiences with letrozole, the first time - scanned me on d7 and the second time on d5 (as I'd had quick growth the time before), so both times I was still on the tablets, and my E2 levels were fine. I really hope today's result looks better, but like Klik, I would be tempted to wait if you can. Could you take cetrotide to stave off losing the lead? The first time, my lead got to 24 2 days before EC as it was racing ahead and they still caught it (but I was taking cetrotide)! xxx

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 13/02/18, 10:31 »
    Hi Tily,
    Oh gosh, so sorry to hear this but donít panic. The follies are there and growing despite the low E2. Iíve no idea what you should do but can they boost your e2 after EC? Just thought Iíd say that I am in central London, Oxford Circus until 2pm. If you want a chat, cry, coffee, hug, companion just text me 07939 061575. Donít feel obliged at all, just in case. X

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #175 on: 13/02/18, 10:36 »
    It was so lovely to meet you again Tily, Klik and Shady, and great to meet Helen and Dorchester too for the first time! I can't believe we chatted for 5 hours again?! Sorry you weren't able to make it, Pickle, Cramer and Briss - hopefully the next time.

Tily, it's too early to trigger with this kind of oestrogen, I would wait another day if your LH is low. You can take cetrotide to hold off ovulation if your LH isn't too high yet. I believe letrozole causes lower estrogen though, so I think it would be lower in any case than if you hadn't taken it. But if you stopped letrozole then I would expect it to go up over the next couple of days.

Edit: I just googled this, your estrogen is definitely lower when using letrozole. Nevertheless I would wait another day if your LH allows it. You don't want to lose the egg though, so the LH level today is important

AFM: In need a typhoid vaccination for an Africa trip I will be going on in April. Does anyone know if this will impact follicular development? For example can I do it and then still do egg collection say 2 weeks or so after doing the vaccination?

Offline Cramer

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 13/02/18, 16:46 »
    Greetings from Barcelona - just a quick one for Tily, I remember having a low oestrogen level when taking letrazole, I thought at the time it was because it was the earliest I had started any treatment in my cycle and my ovaries didnít like it, but I think it just delayed the oestrogen climb

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #177 on: 13/02/18, 18:21 »
    Hi ladies,

I cannot thank you all enough for replying. Honestly, you ladies are better than most of the doctors I pay money to talk to. Just got a call from the consultant there and basically oestrogen is still only 320 today so they are going to push me on to tomorrow. There's a bit of ass covering happening in so far as I've been told there is a risk we will lose the lead and basically that the other two may not even be real follicles. Talking about preparing you for the worst. The best I could do was agree a scan and bloods for the 3rd consecutive day tomorrow and pray that the oestrogen rises. It's always been 600-800 on previous cycles at trigger and the Lister are suggesting that the low oestrogen is due to potentially a poor quality egg / empty follicle but the lead follicle looks the same as it always does so I agree with you ladies, it's the Letrozole, even though I was only on 2.5mg. Thanks again for all your suggestions and responses. This journey is just so hard. Xx

Also, just to say I'm on cetrotide already and LH is like 2 so virtually no risk of ovulation yet...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #178 on: 13/02/18, 18:22 »
    Tily, agree with other ladies, I don't know much about letrozole but I do know  estrogen corresponds to egg quality. If LH  allows you to wait I'd definitely wait.  300 is low even for one follicle.  On my previous cycle I started off with 150 on day 8 but it got to over 1500 by day 17 so it's possible that your follicles need more time. Did Lister have any concerns about lower estrogen level? Is it definitely "pmol" and not the other scale?  Also once you trigger the estrogen will start going down.

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 13/02/18, 18:50 »
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for the all support in regards to my friend's mum. It hasn't been easy because is hard not to think that we will go through this soon with my MIL. I am sorry I  have been absent but I have been busy looking for a job and I am trying really hard to have my wine blog running as I think that could help me to get the job  I want. It seems like you ladies had a good time last Saturday  and I really wish to come to the next meeting. As Briss mentioned, even though I canít catch up   properly with everyone I do read your updates and you are constantly on my mind, but I can't give much advice as I donít have much experience with IVF.

Helen- It seem like you are having a tough time. I am sorry you are having issues with your  lining and the negative outcome of your PGS and I complete understand your are feeling sad. It's completely normal that your mind is going ahead and trying to find a plan B, but I agree with Briss and it's just a question of time and getting that perfect strong golden egg. Donít give up.

Tilly- Fingers crossed that oestrogen will rise and hopefully  you have  2 real follicles.

Sunshine- Even though I havenít done any IFV I feel like I am stuck in a limbo waiting for a miracle for when  I can do a cycle, so I complete understand the feeling of not being able to plan anything else.  I  also keep going back and forth with DE as well. I hope you will be able to spot OPK within couple of days.

Klik; thanks for all the advice. Yes, next week is just around the corner, so try to keep cam and this chapter would be over soon.

Shady- I really hope you can transfer in March and it seems like you had some good advice here on how to improve your lining.

Katkat- I had Typhoid vaccination but it was maybe 6/7 years ago and was  not planning to get pregnant but I donít recall any restrictions on that, but is always good to check.

Cramer- You are in one of my favourite cities! I have exactly the same question as I donít know when to stop CoQ10?. I Thought I had ovulated 2 weeks ago and stopped taken but I didnít ovulate so I am taking again. I am with you in terms of getting control of my life, thatís why I am focusing on finding a job and I really wish to get my career back on track.

Briss- Tell me about discovering your new body! Itís hard to try natural IVF and I have decided not to take any AF inducer this time. I am on day 35 and no sign of it and I have no idea whatís happening with my body right now. I hope you are able to switch to natural modified.

I am sorry I am not able to catch up with everyone. Big hugs to everyone. ^hugme^