* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 126955 times)

0 Members

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1730 on: 28/12/18, 13:58 »
Klik -  I am really pleased for you, well done!

Sunshine - I think that is sensible,  there is so much which is still unknown so hopefully it will give you peace of mind to know you are doing everything you can.   Be kind to yourself - if you need to take a few duvet days you have earn't it!

AFM - Scan today showed cyst has now moved to he pouch of douglas and appears to be hemorrhagic so is currently not affecting the ovaries.    I was planning on having a transfer this cycle if everything went ok, does anyone know if it hasn't cleared if it might affect this?
L - 6,4,3,2;  R - 9,4,3
Fingers crossed we get a few more recruited and the R ovary doesn't run away with me before I can fly out.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1731 on: 29/12/18, 16:27 »
    Hi all,

I just wanted to update you on my sad situation. I have been having strange discharge on and off all week, which cumulated in spotting yesterday and today. I had an emergency GP appointment yesterday and swabs were taken and I had a referral to the EPU for a U/S for next Thursday. I felt that things werenít right and DH and I went for a private scan this afternoon. Sadly the scan confirmed the baby had died at 9 weeks. We are both in shock and utterly distraught. We donít know where to turn at the moment. I contacted the local gynaecology unit and they are adamant that I need at least another 2 scans with them before a silent miscarriage can be confirmed, yet the earliest I can be fitted in is Thursday. My IVF clinic is closed until Monday and Iím on clexane, lubion and cyclogest, which I want to discontinue now that the scan has confirmed my worst fears. Should I discontinue the medication or wait for advice?

Also I canít help but blame myself for the miscarriage. The baby died at 9 weeks, which was precisely when I reduced my prednisolone dose. Also a day later I had the flu jab. DH keeps reassuring me itís not my fault, but I just canít help thinking it is 😢

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1732 on: 29/12/18, 17:06 »
    Babyhopeful, my heart goes to you this is trully the worst I'm so sorry. I know it probably doesn't mean much but it's NOT your fault!! You have done everything and more for this pregnancy to thrive but unfortunately despite your best effort it didn't. There is absolutely nothing more you or anyone else could have done.

You mentioned discharged and actually I've just recalled something similar with my missed miscarriage. A week or so before I had my scan I recall seeing unusual discharge, not blood of any kind just some discharge and I recall it made me feel awful like I already knew it was over. Of cause at that point it was well over I just didn't know it yet.

're flu jab, risk of this vaccine are lower compared to actually getting flu during pregnancy. You did the right thing but of course all vaccines have risks there is nothing you can do about it but it would be so rare for the vaccine to affect pregnancy in this way it's virtually impossible. 

Redusing your pregnizolon levels had nothing to do with it. You were on too lower dose to have any effect . Also taking it in the first place had the same chances of damage actually considering its side effects. Overall again very unlikely.

My NHS epu, was exactly the same they did my scan there was no hb and yet they fed me false hope and asked to come back in 2 weeks.why can't they just take responsibility.  I did private bloods to confirm my beta was on its way down (I was around 8 weeks but beta levels were low and getting lower) so combined with private scan my clinic advised to stop meds to allow MC to happen. If you can do the karyoryping test on the embryo to know if it was chromosomal (which is most likely reason). Where did you have your scan? A lot depends on the quality of the sonographer so I'd get another opinion to be absolutely sure before you stop the meds. I'm so sorry you are going through this

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1733 on: 29/12/18, 17:12 »
    Babyhopeful, just read your post whilst sitting waiting for a scan and had to say straight away that this is tragic and heartbreaking but it is definitely NOT your fault. Stopping steroids did not cause a miscarriage, in fact they may have not been needed. Same for the flu jab. I know exactly how you feel and of course you want answers but sometimes there are non. Itís so awful and I feel for you completely. I think waiting until Thursday is not good enough. Can you just turn up or You could refer yourself to another EPU?... What to do now?...If you are confident with the private scan then Iíd stop the meds but they wonít do any harm if you donít feel ready to. If you want to pm me please do. Iím happy to talk. Sending hugs x

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1734 on: 29/12/18, 17:18 »
    Babyhopeful, Iím so so sorry, my heart goes out to you. I truly donít think its anything you have done, I definitely donít think its to do with stopping the prednisolone as it was such a low dose anyway, Create only use it during the 2ww until result is confirmed either way. Maybe you could wait until Monday until your clinic are open, just to double check? Again, im so so sorry xxx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1735 on: 29/12/18, 19:48 »
    Briss, Helenbeau and Sunshine122 - Thank you for getting back to me. Your kind words and advice mean so much. The scan was at a First Encounters clinic in Bristol and the sonographer actually worked during the week at the local hospital, so we were reassured if her qualifications. She was very professional and thorough throughout, which was some comfort. There was no HB detected, no movement and the baby was at least a week behind in growth. I feel that my body is trying to take control of the situation, but is fighting against the meds. Also Iím concerned that if I start miscarrying on my own and Iím taking clexane it could cause complications. My gut instinct is to stop the meds. We definitely want to do karotyping on the embryo. Is this something the NHS can do for us? I think weíre currently in shock and feel totally bewildered by all of this, so thank you again for your advice, it really means a lot xxx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1736 on: 29/12/18, 23:06 »
    Babyhopeful, Iím so so desperately sorry. As you may remember, this happened to me around last Christmas too, and I know exactly how heartbreaking it is. I imagine youíre in a state of shock right now, I absolutely was on the day we found out. I really want to reiterate what the other girls have said, please donít blame yourself, there is absolutely nothing you could have done. I went through the process of rewinding everything I could possibly have done to have a different outcome. I also had the same thing the first time of a weird coloured discharge around the time the baby died but didnít think anything of it as Iíd had lots of bleeding earlier on in the pregnancy.

Unfortunately, your local EPU does have to scan you and confirm the MMC for you to get any medical advice, they canít go off another scan result from a private clinic. I also had to wait around because of the Christmas holidays and was scared of miscarrying in the meantime. I would try and get an apt for Monday if you possibly can. Cry down the phone if necessary!!! In the meantime, I know itís horrible to think about but perhaps you want to consider your options for how you want to manage the pregnancy.  I opted for ERPC both times and this was the least traumatic option for me but I know if it happens again to me I probably shouldnít have another op. If you do go for this, ask your local EPU if you can pay the extra charge for genetic testing (itís done privately, not through the NHS). They wonít do it for free until itís your third miscarriage unfortunafely. In the end I never got charged, but I think they said to me it would be around £100. Otherwise you can try and catch the remains, which Helen did, but I was worried about trying to do this and store them appropriately. I wouldnít worry about staying on or stopping your meds at this point, just use the next few days to think how about how you want to manage the process. Staying on progesterone will probably hold you for a few days to get an ERPC scheduled.

My heart goes out to you and your DH, itís just impossibly cruel, especially at this time of year. Please feel free to PM me, and happy to talk about how I tried to deal with it. Sending you lots and lots of love xxx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1737 on: 29/12/18, 23:44 »
    Babyhopeful: please please please do not blame yourself. It was not stopping the tiny dose of prednisolone or the flu jab. 9-10 weeks are the most typical time for post-heartbeat miscarriages, unfortunately. It's when mine happened, 2 years ago; and Shady's, at around the same time; and Hopeful_81's; and Rocket's; and one of Helen's, I think. Not sure about MSJ... If you look at the Early Pregnancy thread on this site, you'll see another couple of miscarriages right at this point, which happened quite recently. It's sadly really very common... From memory, 3/4 of these happen because of a non-survivable trisomy: mine was trisomy 15. And the other 1/4 of the time, it's usually some environmental problem in the uterus, or some other issue with the embryo not related to those trisomies. It has NOTHING to do with anything you did. Nothing. We have an illusion that we have far more control over this than we do. Sometimes that helps us, sometimes it gets in our way. The truth is, we have very limited control over any of this. A huge amount of it is luck. And this time you were not lucky. But your uterus just showed us that it's very likely up to the job, which hopefully serves as some consolation... You might want to consider whether you want to have an ERPC or whether you prefer to pass it naturally (or encourage it with misoprostol). Shady and Helen have a lot more info on how to get the NHS to send the tissues for genetic testing. In my case, my clinic did the testing, and they also scheduled an ERPC pretty much immediately after the lack of heartbeat was seen. There's no sense in waiting for either an ERPC or misoprostol: it's not like a half-decent sonographer would miss a heartbeat. I'm sorry to be so harsh, but if the NHS has the attitude that you need two scans, it's because they're afraid you've seen an inexperienced sonographer. Also, (and this is very specific to me), IF you're one of the unlucky women who are prone to adhesions (you probably are not), the longer you wait, the more likely the formation of adhesions. So, physically, it's in your best interest to have this handled as quickly as possible. Re. meds, I'd stop at least the blood-thinning ones (Clexane and aspirin, if you're on them). If you stop the progesterone you might pass the miscarriage naturally in a few days, so you need to decide if that's what you want. Psychologically, I'm so, so sorry... It is simply heartbreaking. You're grieving now, and it takes time, and it hurts. I'm truly, truly sorry... I send you hugs...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1738 on: 29/12/18, 23:53 »
    my AF did not come which is unusual but i just read that Synarel seems to be delaying periods, some ladies reported weeks of delay. this is really concerning. has this happen to anyone?

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1739 on: 30/12/18, 15:55 »
    Hi All, hope everyone is good and had a good Xmas.

Babyhopeful, thinking about you. Hope youíre doing ok.

Queenie, so youíre going to serum? Exciting. Iíll miss you as Iím there the following week (hopefully). What stims are you in?

Briss, hope your period shows up soon.

AFM..justxwanted some advice from you ladies who know so much. Iíve been trying to track ovulation, mainly to try predict when my next AF will arrive so I can book scan/flights to Athens. Anyway, been doing cheapie OPkís twice a day since day 8. Had a slightly darker line day 12 in the evening thought it might be positive the next morning but there was nothing. Used a digital both times too and nothing. Iíd had pain since day 8 and really sore nipples so thought something was going on, maybe a cyst. Decided to go for a scan day 13 because I just wanted to see what was going on, especially after the MC. Iím a bit confused because I had 11 follicles all measuring around 4-7mm plus what she thought was an irregular corpus luteum 16mm and fluid in the pouch of Douglas which would suggest ovulation. Iíve never had an AFC of 12! Usually I have a possŪve OPK for at least 2-3 days before ovulation but this time I didnít really get a positive. Do you think I ovulated or is this an anvolutary cycle? If I did it ovulate it must have happened with a low amount of LH and very quickly earlier than usual. Iíve often suspected I ovulate immature eggs, just a hunch. My temperature still hasnít risen. My lining the trilaminar 6.4mm, thin but usual for me.

Another question...Iím to take letrolzole for first 5 days of protocol. I know it supresses eostrogen bit just want to know what the pros are and why itís prescribed?