* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 127003 times)

0 Members

Online Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1750 on: 4/01/19, 21:53 »
Klik, this is just so unfair -new subchorionic haematoma! there must be some trade off maybe your birth experience will be super easy, although I would want to find out whether having these kinds of haematomas can increase your risk of bleeding during labour and what to do about it. Babies do not constantly move in there (they do sleep you know) so this is nothing to worry about (of course easy said than done). the important bit is HB and growth on target.

afm, I am glad i went for an early scan cos i have a cyst 2.5cm! it's good because so early when oestrogen is still low it's quite clear this is a cyst not a follicle. later in the game it would have been confusing. the rest of the follicles are really small below 5mm, still around 11 of them so who knows maybe something will grow. I booked a scan in Munich next week cos I expect I would need more stims. Frankly I am disappointed cos down reg seems to be responsible for this cyst. Again deep down I am thinking I do not want to do any more stim cycles.   

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1751 on: 4/01/19, 23:30 »
    Klik - you are at 16 weeks now yes?  So I know it isnít much but you are 2/3rds of the way to viability.  Iím really sorry you have another haematoma, just keep going with R&R you deserve it anyway.
    Helen - 16.5 isnít very high for ovulation, it suggests to be that you did ovulate but that it probably wasnít your best month, which is also possibly why you donít have a noticeable increase in temp.  I find temp to be the most variable measurement.  So I wouldnít worry about it.   Also might explain why you didnít have a nice clear LH peak.

Are you taking anything to prepare for your next cycle?  It might be a good time to start priming if you are going to do that.

Sunshine - I'm sorry about the pain, but pleased you are making progress, I agree with Briss - I'm sure that placental development is painful and stabingly painful doesn't seem unreasonable if you think that the embryo cells are actually burying into your uterus to make the placenta.  I'm sorry you had to be manhandled by the system before you got your answer but pleased you got it in the end.

Briss - Sounds like you have a  great next cycle coming along,  I had a cyst early on and it ruptured and is now not near my ovary so not confusing.  Fingers crossed yours ruptures quickly or goes away then the rest of the follicles can grow normally. 

Also I think the link between BP and fertility is possibly part of the stress-fertility relationship.  Good uterine circulation is really important for implantation.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1752 on: 5/01/19, 11:36 »
    So not the best scan for me today.   It's weird my left ovary has decided to stop responding but my right appears to be making up for it. Don't understand.

R ovary: large follicle 26x22, 16x17, 11x12
    L ovary: 1 follicle 10x10

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1753 on: 5/01/19, 15:27 »
    Hi Queenie, those pesky follicles! Why canít they just behave?! Argh I have this all to come. How long are you going to stim for? Youíre off to Serum next Saturday, right? Weíre you given the protocol by Penny or just turning up? She wants me to have an aquascan and a scratch. Iíll do the scratch (not had one before) but I donít want to spend a whole load of money on a scan which is only diagnostic. My normal scan was fine. Have you ever had one? I thought 16 was quite high as 20 is top of the scale. Iím not sure whatís going on in there and it doesnít really matter except itís psychologically reassuring to have a regalar cycle before treatment and itís Sodís law that it goes tits up. I do have a cold so maybe thatís why my temps are low. Or was wondering if I have a lot of estrogen still hanging around which might be why I had so many follicles. I guess Iím just super nervous about getting back on the treatment rollercoaster so this has unsettled me a bit. Iíve not done priming. What is it and what does it do? I think one clinic recommended it. Should I think about it?  Iíll take letrozole Day one.  I hope your left follicle catches up and fingers crossed they all come together nicely. Itís bloody stressful!
    Klik, sorry to hear about your continuing setbacks. All I can say is when I get pregnant again I will be seriously shitting myself. Enjoying pregnancy is unfortunately something we also miss out in. Youíve come so far though so Iím sure youíll get through this!

Just out of interest, those that do natural cycles...other than the dominant follicle how many other follicles do you usually have compared to baseline and what kind of sizes do they grow to?

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1754 on: 5/01/19, 17:23 »
    Klik, I'm so happy and relieved that this scan looked good and that the little guy is still hanging in there. It must be so exciting to see him slowly developing, stage by stage. I'm sorry about another haematoma though - when will the stress end???! I really feel for you, it's impossible to completely relax when you are spotting/ bleeding, I became an obsessive knicker watcher every time I went to the toilet, beforehand I'd be fearful of what I'd see. Will your next scan be 20 weeks? Hopefully soon you will be confident enough to tell the world - 'YES, I am having a baby!!!'.

Sunshine, really sorry to hear about your scare, that sounded majorly stressful. I'm sure your heart rate was high just from the act of having to go to hospital in the first place! But I'm really pleased you got to see the heartbeat, such a special moment. It's literally baby steps inching forward, but getting to the heartbeat is a big milestone so I hope you can feel a little reassured by that.

Babyhopeful, how are you going? I have been thinking of you such a lot, and hoping that physically you are starting to feel better. Emotionally and mentally, it's a hard road ahead, but wonderful that you are already thinking of next steps. I found that definitely helped keep me sane.

Queenie, was this a natural modified cycle that you have been doing? How much stimms did you add? Sounds like you will get a least 2 good eggs from those follicle sizes, but it's disappointing when they suddenly decide to not play ball anymore. Have a safe trip to Greece and I'll be thinking of you early next week.

Briss, argh, I'm so sorry to hear the doctor thinks that your high BP is affecting your fertility. It makes sense though, as I really do think that other health conditions impact fertility. I always knew we would have problems conceiving because of my Crohn's because it just puts a lot of stress on your body as a whole. Your bit about bums and tums class made me laugh - I sometimes go the one at my local gym, and yes it's full of old people who seem to be able to do more sit ups than I can and also have better control of a balance ball. I always end up chasing my ball across the hall shamefacedly....

Helen - welcome back to the UK! I absolutely believe a little bit of what you fancy and letting your hair down is really destressing. We can't live like nuns forever! The two times I have been pregnant have been immediately after coming back from holidays where I drank every day, so I'm hoping the same is true for you with the next cycle. I have taken letrozole on the cycles I do with the Lister, and it worked well for me. Helped recruit more follicles without having to take high dose stimms. Drink lots and lots of water on those days as I found it made me very dehydrated! I would have liked to try priming with oestrogen before a cycle but my consultant said no. It helps to give you an even baseline so all the follicles start at roughly the same point so you don't get a runaway lead on a short protocol (something that I always have problems with). I have real troubles with OPKs too. I have been trying to track the last couple of cycles but its very variable. I use the clear blues as I can only ever get a read off those, but this month I just had 8 days of HIGH and no PEAK. I am now waiting for AF too so that I can start my FET cycle. Feeling very ambivalent about the whole thing. I feel sure that something will happen this month so that I can't have the transfer, again. I've heard about people not responding to oestrogen on a medicated cycle, so I'm sure that will be me, as with my luck it can't possibly go smoothly. I completely share your sentiment about shitting bricks if I do become pregnant again. I feel incredibly fearful, but not as scared as the thought of never having children again so I just have to overcome the fear. Good luck! xxx

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1755 on: 5/01/19, 17:57 »
    Hi Shady, nice to hear from you. Yes we put ourselves through this as a life without children is far more frightening. Although sometimes I do actually kinda forget what the end result is. Of course a cycle will go haywire before a treatment cycle. One thing which is consistent though is that we always have the same timing or treatment more or less. When we have our babies weíll have to push buggies together!
    I was one if those people that medicated FET did t work for. It didnít stop ovulation anyway but I just monitored the dominant follicle and transferred according to that.

I thinking maybe I should prime? I have lots of 2mg estrofem tablets. Is that what I should use? How much and when? Do I stop when I start my AF and then can I take letrozole as my protocol suggests? I donít really understand the science behind it. I think today is 7 days after ovulation. I think my progesterone level suggests I did ovulate. Day 21 however is Monday. Let me know soon ladies as Iíd have to start tonight.

I may be on a last minute flight to Athens tomorrow. Penny asked my to do a scratch and an aquascan. I was t going to bother, particularly with the later but now Iím all paranoid that I should and itís as cheap to go there as it is to do it here. And it makes sense for penny to be doing it. The rollercoaster begins. Gotta decide. Why am I so bad with decisions? It is a money thing x

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1756 on: 5/01/19, 19:10 »
    Shady - Hi nice to hear from you, 
    No this cycle is actually a bit disappointing I primed and did a mild protocol of 300iu Gonal F Days 3-8 then 300iu Menopur, with Letrazole days 2-7.  I won't be doing that again! Given I had an AFC of 4/5 on day3 on the left ovary and it looks like not one of them will make it to collection.  Although I have been quite sedentary over the christmas period so wondering if that had an effect on my response.

Helen - The general recommendation is to run everything past your clinician,  I am a veterinary dr, and although I am not practicing at the moment, I have 5 years experience managing equine reproductive cycles.  The clinics I go to know I adjust the cycle and monitor myself and normally they are happy to work collaboratively - otherwise I would be a nightmare patient.  However, I know things can go wrong if you don't stick to the protocol you were prescribed and i've now had enough cycles to have an idea as to how my body responds -  so think carefully before deciding to do something outside of the defined protocol.  That being said, many women take things like DHEA / prime etc.   

If I were you I would prime - but it depends weather or not you have a high FSH, if you do then it is sensible to take something in the luteal phase to bring it down and the combined pill is often too suppressive for women like us,  I am not familiar with the scale you used perhaps I was thinking of nmol/l.  I think patches are better than tablets personally but tablets work nearly as well. My experience is that I only get that nice even growth Shady mentioned with patches not tablets.
    If you want to prime you can take the 2mg 3 times per day,  If you continue past day 1 I would speak to Penny and add some stims,  personally I wouldn't continue past day 3 as it becomes suppressive. 

Penny does the aquascan and the scratch at the same time so I wouldn't worry about having the procedure, it is not a major cost and they do pick up things which are missed on normal scans  eg fibroids, have you had an HSG?  this is more similar.  It's fairly standard for the clinic so I would just go along with it.

AFM - So my plan is to fly out tomorrow for egg collection on monday,  then come home then I have flights booked (Optimistically) to fly out again next weekend for a d5 transfer.  It is the only time I can do this cycle so I will just put back in any which are still growing on d5 - but I am wary as last cycle my embryo's did not develop beyond d3 and if they arrest again I won't know as Serum don't check the embryo's on day4,  it would be sad for me if I fly out then they check them on day 5 and they have stopped growing.  I would prefer to not have a wasted trip.   My lining is really good 9.8 for me I think is the best I have had so it's interesting.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1757 on: 5/01/19, 20:05 »
    Hi Queenie, thanks for the advice and I totally I understand that I should be careful and do what the clinic have instructed. Iíll probably email penny on Monday. But I do have high fsh so I am tempted. Does period start as usual or will it delay AF?  I checked the flights for tomorrow to return Monday for the scratch and aqua scan and they are too expensive so I wonít go for this at serum. Iíll get it done in London, at least the scratch. I may do the same as you in regards to EC and ET (god willing) and come home inbetween. I only want a day 5 transfer. If an embryo doesnít make it past day three then Iíd be glad not to have it put back in. Super good luck. Hope flight is ok tomorrow and let us know how Monday goes.

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1758 on: 5/01/19, 21:12 »
    Helen - Makes sense - for me it only ever delays AF by a max of 1 - 2 days, and actually I normally don't see a difference.
    If you stop day 1 then it's pretty harmless really, it's only if you carry on into the follicular phase you need to discuss as it will surpress a tiny bit and stims will need to be adjusted.

Penny will do your Aquascan and scratch when you attend the clinic,  She will ask for you to fly out on day 9 of your cycle so she can monitor you in the final phase before egg collection and time it appropriately, she will do the aquascan and scratch when you attend the clinic for your routine scan during your stims.  This is really vital if you have not cycled before, I would plan on spending 4-5 days in Athens for your first trip.

Have you spoken e-mailed her before? The clinic is great, but it doesn't suit everyone.  Some people need tighter monitoring,  I also am not sure if there has been a difference since her husband (the lead embryologist) died last year.  The Serum thread is a lot quieter than it was 2 years ago.   Are you planning on doing a banking cycle?  They offer a package where you get 2 cycles and you bank embryo's on the first cycle then transfer on the second cycle.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1759 on: 5/01/19, 22:36 »
    Hi Queenie, yeah Iíve met Penny. Iíve had hysto in May before my last cycle in July. Iíve cycled many times so Iím pretty clued up, just never done priming before. Iíll be out there for a lot longer than 5-6 days unless I come home inbetween EC and ET. Iím going for day 6 scan as Iíd rather have the consistency of the same person scanning. When I was at reprodut I found it a problem people measuring differently.  Iíve already booked flights when they were stil £20. I will be great if things happen on time so I can use them. If not Iíll just have to buy again. I was told to have scratch and aqua scan on day 21, thatís why I was going to do it in UK. Penny said I could have mild scratch when I was there on day 6/7 but I didnít know if I could have an aquascan then or not. I guess if I can have an aqua scan while stimming I will rather do it there than doing it here before. If she finds any major problems then Iíd have to maybe delay transfer. No Iím not into banking. Iíve already done 6 transfers and had 2 MCís so I donít want to bank a load of rubbish eggs. Iím 42 now and this is my last OE try.
    Serum has quite a lively social media group. Thereís 2 one for serum and another for those currently cycling at serum. I think reprofit labs are better than serumís, but I canít go there anymore as now Iím single.