* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 127001 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1760 on: 7/01/19, 18:01 »
Klik, sorry that you have another subchorionic haematoma, its so unfair as you truly deserve a chance to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Babyhopeful, I hope you are doing ok, have been thinking of you often.

Queenie, how did your EC go today?

Hello to everyone else and thanks for all your well wishes. Had another scare this morning, brown bleeding a few times when wiping and different cramps I havenít felt before... I know, I know, it sounds pretty silly as brown blood is supposedly fine but its impossible not to panic, then you google and theres loads of horror stories and I always focus on the negative outcomes over the positive. So Iíve booked in for another scan tomorrow at the the clinic, it may not be worth it and Iím wondering now if I should cancel it as itíll only be 5 days since the last one, but Iím hoping itíll give me reassurance again (for another 5 minutes). I know Iím probably over reacting, but we had quite a stressful weekend so I think I want to put my mind at rest that I havenít done any harm.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1761 on: 7/01/19, 23:02 »
    Briss: thank you... Good idea to have the early scan so you could identify the cyst and know to ignore it. Frustrating that the follicles are small but it's great there are so many of them: I hope they respond beautifully... LP can be slow, though, but I hope it pays off!

queenie: I'm still at 14 weeks... I hope your EC went well today and that you got two good ones... Really hoping they fertilise well and get to day 5. On the off chance that does not happen, would you consider transferring a frostie since your lining is nice and thick?! Either way, I really hope it doesn't come to that...

Helen: thanks... yeah, having a couple of miscarriages in one's history means subsequent pregnancies are terrifying. Still, I dearly hope we get there in the end... When I did natural cycle IVFs, the smaller follicles stayed around 10 or less... They sometimes even shrink after the lead really takes off. Occasionally you do get "natural twins" though, where you have two (or sometimes even three!) follicles growing at approximately the same rate. I had a cycle like that once, and both of those eggs fertilised but only one made it to day 5... Re. priming, as queenie suggested, if it makes you feel better you can ask Penny. It really did help me--it helped especially to suppress cysts (or "early follicles"), as my FSH is quite high and I made an oestrogen-producing cyst about half the time. But I was on patches, not pills... Cool that you can do the aquascan and scratch while you're there--very convenient. Anyway, best of luck!

Shady: thanks... Yeah, being on knicker watch really sucks... Next scan is Friday week, at 16 weeks. It's an "early anomaly scan" though technically I already had one of those at 14 weeks. I think what will really help will be feeling him move, if we ever get that far... I hate OPKs with a passion. When I had to use them, I got myself into a strict regimen: no drinking or peeing or eating anything watery from 10am to 2pm, and then take the OPK at 2pm. They just about worked if I did that. But I hated it--it was 4 hours of something endlessly occupying the back of my mind... Anyway, I hope the next few weeks are excellent for you--whether it's with another surprise pregnancy--a good one this time--or a perfect FET.

Sunshine: thanks... how strong are the cramps? I don't think you should beat yourself up for feeling anxious. Given that, it's still early enough that cramps are entirely normal, and throughout pregnancy spotting is also entirely normal. You should be ok... Not intending to make you any more anxious, but in my (significantly more precarious) state, an intravaginal ultrasound is contra-indicated. My ob/gyn assured me that scans are perfectly safe, but that applies to belly scans (I think you can start getting those at 10w?). Still, your symptoms really do sound like they're well within what is expected, so if you want the reassurance perhaps it's more important for you to get that rather than keep guessing... Good luck. I have very high hopes for you!

AFM: really glad my ob/gyn warned me on Friday that I'd be bleeding, given the size and location of the new haematoma. I bled quite a bit over the weekend (though nothing compared to that first bleed). Most of it was old blood, which was expected, but there was a bit of red blood too. But at least I was prepared. I've come to think of this as Schroedinger's pregnancy--we just won't know what we get til we get to the end. But the path is grueling. I'm not going to lie--it's really tough. I do have hope... And if this pregnancy does continue, I cannot wait til I can feel him move. That will be incredibly reassuring... As luck would have it, at the moment the placenta is mostly facing the stomach, rather than the spine... which means his movements are cushioned by the placenta, and it will take me longer than average to feel him. Still, if the price is anxiety for the next weeks and months, and the payoff is a healthy baby, I'll pay the price gladly!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1762 on: 8/01/19, 01:21 »
    Helen - Thanks, sorry I keep forgetting who's done the rounds on here!  I get my patches from a pharmacy just round the corner from Serum.  pm me if you want me to pick up extra.

Klik - Sorry, I'm not wishing your pregnancy away - I just hope you realize how many fingers and toes I have crossed for you.  Also sorry about the bleeding, but glad it wasn't more than expected, It sounds like although it has unexpected haematomas your placentae is located in a safe place for both you and your little one.   ^pray^ for you.

AFM - 2 good eggs collected today,  P asked for DH to do 2 samples again - he wasn't able to manage and then was cross :-( 
    Anyway,  she also scuppered my plan of a d5 transfer and pushed for a d3 as I really don't want to use the only great frostie we have.  I just feel that it would be absolutely devastating if it didn't give us a bfp and that I really can't cope with having that hope taken away from me.  Whilst it is there I can keep making more until we get lucky without feeling like everything depends on each cycle.  Plus I want a sibling.

So I have to change my flights (boo) - but at least this way we will hopefully have 1-2 good d3 embryo's to transfer.

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1763 on: 8/01/19, 09:59 »
    Queenie, you have at least two good looking follicles. I am amazed at the size of your large one. My follicles never grow as big as 26x22. My natural LH would have triggered by now even on Cetrotide.  Congratulations on two good eggs excellent result!! Best of luck with your transfer

Helen, on my natural cycles my follicles wary a lot.  Often I would get a second dominant follicle from around 14 to 18mm on trigger day but usually it's smaller than the dominant.  There would also be a handful of smaller ones below 10mm. Occasionally I get 12/13 mm follicles which are neither here nor there. I used to collect those as well often they have mature eggs if I used the trigger but it never resulted in a good embryo so I focus on the leads now.

Sunshine, I'd say have as many scans as you need. I probably had weekly scans the entire 1st trimester.  You are right any scan only gives you comfort for 5 min. However I noticed that the longer I waited between the scans the more nervous I got. Once I wasn't even able to walk into the scanning room and had to come back in a few days just got myself into a state even though I had totally uneventful pregnancy so if I saw even a trace of blood I'd probably just camp outside the scanning place . I also started using Doppler quite early on checking her hb daily for peace of mind between scans.  Although Doppler can create additional stress depending on the baby's position you may not be able to find hb right away and that in itself can lead to unnecessary stress.

Klik my  placenta was also mostly facing the stomach so I didn't get to feel her kicks for ages unlit the baby outgrew the placenta. Im so sorry you are still bleeding and cant relax properly . I do hope your hematoma resolves soon. Your reference to Schroedinger made me laugh but this is  because the only reason I was able to understand the reference is because I watch Big Bang Theory...

Afm, not doing great on gym front, haven't actually been to the gym this year not once :( I struggle to make this part of my routine. I have excellent sport centre next to my house but may have to find something in canary wharf and try go during lunch although it's expensive and dragging my sportswear with me to work is an imposition. Anyway must find a way I really need my bp down. Am off to Munich tomorrow but I hate these early flights as have to leave around 2.30-3 Am to make a 6am flight. At least the flights were cheap

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1764 on: 8/01/19, 14:10 »
    Hi Queenie, congrats on getting the two eggs. Hereís hoping you get two good embryos. Can I ask why penny didnít want you to take them to day 5? Is it just because you only have a couple and sheís rather just get them transferred? Iím hoping to have a day 5 transfer and I hope she will let me. The reason I want that is simply because if they donít make it past day three then Iíd be glad I hadnít transferred them.
    She told me not to do priming, so I havenít. She said that ďas even if the FSH is decreased that will not be a real decrease and the issue will remain.Ē....Iím not sure I agree with her. Each Dr has their own ideas. Theyíre not always right.
    Will you stay out there til day 3 or are you coming how and flying straight back again?
    Any recommendations on how to kill time out there very welcome as Iíll be there alone for maybe 12 days!

Briss, good luck in Munich. How are the follicles looking?

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1765 on: 8/01/19, 15:38 »
    Helen - She said she prefers day 3 transfer if there are not many embryo's,  she prefers day 5 for freezing.
    I don't agree with her about priming, the purpose of it isn't to suppress your FSH to make it look like you have better FSH,  the purpose of it is to stop the follicles growing in the luteal phase and give you a nice bounce back to make the most of the change in natural FSH from low to high. 

Sunshine -  I am so sorry it is stressful,  if another scan gives you some peace then it is worth it, just make sure they are gentle. fingers crossed it is nothing to worry about.

Briss - Thanks, yes my LH is certainly much easier to predict than some,  I only actually needed to take Cetrotide for 1 day this time as I was doing urine LH sticks 4 x day so could pick it up when it was starting to go up.  I think it was the Letrazole for the first few days which helped to keep the Oestrogen down at the start of the cycle., so it gives you a bit more of a safety window  Also I always take Cetrotide at night, as this is when the body normally makes the peak, so it means the Cetrotide works better.

AFM - Only 1 fertilized and I had to change my flights :( - no longer feeling as optimistic about this cycle.    Am also wondering again, why I bother to try with stims.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1766 on: 8/01/19, 19:41 »
    Queenie123 - Iím keeping my fingers crossed for your embryo. It is frustrating when you go through all the faff of stims to end up with one (which has happened to me on 3 occasions) but often one is all it takes.

Klik - Iím sorry to hear that you have a second haematoma. It must be so nerve wracking. It does sound like youíre being well looked after though and to see a healthy, growing baby must be massively reassuring.

Sunshine122- Iím keeping everything crossed for you. Itís completely normal to jump to the worst case scenario when seeing or feeling anything unusual. If itís any consolation Google was completely useless for me, as it either scared me half to death when there was nothing wrong, or gave me false reassurance when there was something wrong. There is no way of knowing for sure what is happening without scans (and Iíll be having a lot more of them in the first trimester if Iím lucky enough to fall pregnant again), but they do only provide reassurance for a short period. One thing I have learned from all of this is to always go with your instincts. They are often clouded by advice from medical professionals, but stick to your guns and donít feel bad for having any extra scans.

Briss - Good luck in Munich tomorrow! Iíve finished a dose of two types of antibiotics and my clinic will provide another dose before I start treatment. Everything seems to be settling down as I no longer have any pain, just the odd twinge now and then. I am still feeling a bit hot though and Iím becoming fatigued quite quickly. Iím hoping this is to do with a slight sinus infection I have and my hormones readjusting.

Helenbeau- I think Iíve had some wonky cycles immediately before treatment, but I donít think they had any impact. Iíll keep my fingers crossed that af arrives on time for you.

Shadywheat- I hope everything goes to plan for your transfer. I can only use clear blue for ovulation monitoring. I used some cheaper supermarket OPKs one cycle and never got a peak, although I had loads of EWCM around the right time for ovulation.

Afm - DH and I have been signed off work this week, which has given us the space to grieve and reconnect. I have ordered a memory box to put the scan photos and pregnancy tests in. Iím not feeling strong enough to put everything together yet, but Iím hoping to be able to do this later this week.

We had two clinic appointments today, the first at our current clinic and the second at a new clinic we were considering. Both clinics feel that the miscarriage was caused by a genetic error. On my request though, my current clinic will increase my dose of prednisolone to 20mg (I think this is just to help reassure me). My clinic wants to scan me first before considering a hysteroscopy, mainly because they donít believe in any unnecessary invasive procedures. Iím happy to go along with this for now. I asked about a sperm DNA fragmentation test, but they feel the embryos weíve created would be showing high fragmentation if there was an issue with sperm. The consultant did however agree to writing to my GP to request a blood test for lupus. I have poor circulation in my hands and feet (which could be thyroid related) and in the past I have experienced flushing of my face and aching joints particularly in my hands. I just want to get this checked out, although I think a higher dose of prednisolone should cover any immune issues. Furthermore, Iíve started taking 5mg of folate and a good probiotic to address any other issues.

The consultant we saw at the second clinic was lovely, but we felt that embryo banking with them wonít be cost effective. They are more expensive than our current clinic and will only bank 5 day blastocysts that have been PGS tested. This wonít be much good for me as firstly I only tend to produce one good embryo per cycle and secondly I donít think PGS guarantees a genetically normal embryo or a successful pregnancy.

Our current clinic will consider embryo banking for us. So our plan of action is to use our third cycle in March, freeze the embryo and have a further two cycles during June and August, provided my body is up to it. I feel happier that we have a plan of action, but all of this doesnít bring my lost baby back. I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that Iím no longer pregnant, but I hope the sense of loss will ease with time.

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1767 on: 9/01/19, 18:14 »
    Just a quick update.  This is going to be a very unusual cycle in a way that I somehow lost control of where we are. I guess this is because I get so little information when I do scans /bloods at the clinic. There is no scan report as such.  The doc just quickly goes through measuring the follicles. he said there are 5 (i doubt that) with the largest (or smallest! Can't recall now) is around 10mm. He didnot find the cyst. It doesn't mean much it could have shrunk to appear as a follicle. I also did bloods and was told the levels were "normal " :) whatever it means.  I know my monitor moved to high so estrogen must have started to go up but that's the extend of my knowledge.  What's more I booked my next scan again in Munich! I think im just going to go with what my doc suggests for a change. He thinks collection is going to be a week from now. Spent another 850 euro on pergoveris but I got a bit extra just in case I need to stim for longer.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1768 on: 9/01/19, 19:08 »
    queenie: thank you! I'm sorry only one of your eggs fertilised... Yeah, it does seem from your history that minimal stims work just as well... I do like the plan of a 3-day transfer if only because my only IVF BFP was with a 3-day transfer, and that lining is so inviting that you want to give an embryo a chance in there... I completely understand you wanting to keep your beautiful blastocyst in the bank... I hope your embryo is perfect, to go with your perfect lining--best of luck...

Briss: thanks! Yeah, it's annoying, knowing I won't be able to feel him for a while... Though I think I may have felt something today but that may well be wishful thinking. Re. the gym, it's even more expensive but some gyms do let you rent a locker so you don't have to keep dragging your stuff everywhere... Though you still have to wash your clothes so it's not exactly a brilliant solution to all life's problems! Gosh, so weird not to know measurements (my guess is the largest was 10mm) or blood levels! I'd have mixed feelings about it... I get a sense of control from knowing numbers, but it's just an illusion, and it's also kind of nice to just let someone else call the shots for once... Enjoy the ride--I hope it's a really good cycle...

Helen: that's an odd response by Penny but it's true that some docs just think of oestrogen priming as superfluous... I'm with queenie on this one, though... anyway, I hope this is a cracking cycle for you! I'm sure you know to visit the Acropolis and accompanying museum... One of my fave bits of Athens is a bit farther out--I find Sounio very beautiful... Byron mentioned it in a poem (then carved his name on the temple, naughty boy). If you have a few days and are feeling adventurous, you could go to Meterora or Delphi... Oh, it's snowed there, hasn't it?! That's not super common... Anyway, back to what's important: best of luck on this cycle...

Babyhopeful: it's pretty scary, yes, but I do think I'm being well looked after... I can't control the outcome but there's certainly a lot of reason for hope... I'm glad you've done research and have a plan, and your plan looks good... Most clinics aren't scared of adhesions, but I am because I happened to have one. Most people don't, though. Anyway, in my experience (which is of course very personal), the sense of loss does indeed ease with time, but there are pangs and echoes that are with me always... And for me, at least, during this pregnancy every worrying sign brings me right back to when my hope was at its highest and then was unceremoniously dashed... It really has become very difficult to believe that this time, things will be different. I've heard from women who had m/cs and then went on to have healthy babies that there is a point when they manage to relax... One said it was at viability (currently 24 weeks...) One said it was only as she was being prepped for her C-section... A couple said it was only when they were actually holding their babies... One father said it was only once the baby was 6 months old! But at some point, should you (and I trust you will) have a good pregnancy, the reality of luck finally being on your side will hit you at some point. I'm still waiting for that point, myself, but I hope it will arrive... But for now, the loss is too raw, the pain and the fear just too great... I'm so sorry--I just wish healing for you...

AFM: the universe refuses to let me relax. Yesterday I had a lot of gushing red blood again--but happily it ended much quicker than the first time. Still, the doc agreed that a scan was in order. Strangely, no new haematomas--just the one from Friday, and that had shrunk some... And the little guy was alive and measuring within range and moving around, doing squats. It was nice to see him move. I wonder if it will be like this throughout the pregnancy. Oh, well, he's still all right and that's what matters!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1769 on: 9/01/19, 22:43 »
    Babyhopeful - So far I have not got to your stage so I can only say you have all my thoughts and  ^pray^ during this difficult time.   Don't beat yourself up - give yourselves some time to deal with it, it is such a tragedy.    I know if I do ever get that BFP that I am going to be dreading a loss,  low AMH women have over a 35% chance of miscarriage in the first trimester.  I know that is not much condolence, but it's not your fault - you did everything you could and it is just one of those things which happens in this unfair life.   pm me if you want any more of my thoughts - I know a lot about life being unfair.

Klik - I'm super pleased there are no new haematomas - and it makes sense that the old one is smaller as you have lost what was making it up.   I am really pleased he is still all right on the scan.  Sorry for wishing your pregnancy away, just can't wait for you to get to viability.

I have a friend who also had low AMH - she had multiple rounds and now has 2 beautiful twins, they were born early, but both are now 22 months and doing well.  She did say that with all the medicalalisation she needed a round of psychotherapy as even when her two were at 12 months  old she couldn't actually believe or accept that they were hers and had arrived!   I think there are some psychotherapists who specialize in it to help people get that proper attachment and acceptance.    I know for me, we will find it hard to tell anyone before 24 weeeks.

Briss - I am so amazed at you,  I think it shows how much of a nightmare patient I am as I need to know every little thing!  Buy some cheap OPK sticks and do them 4 x per day so you can monitor what your urine LH is doing.  I find the cheap ones (which by the way is what the NHS use) much more accurate than the monitors as you can tell the approximate concentration by the darkness of the line, this way if it starts creeping up even on Cetrotide you know you need to do something.   

Have you considered adding in some Letrazole at this stage of your cycle?  2 tabs per day for 3 days will keep your Oestrogen in check and help prevent a premature ovulation.

AFM - Why does my uterus feels funny?  - really funny a bit like it does before AF,  Serum have got me on 800mg of utrogestan and 6mg of cyclacur and I don't know if that is doing something as it is on top of my natural luteal phase hormones.

Anyway - fingers crossed for a transfer tomorrow,
    I also have a poor quality d6 unexpanded blast - considering transferring it alongside my d3 fresh one,  but not sure, I kinda want to give the bad quality frostie a chance but don't want to risk my 1 fresh d3 one.  I suppose I will wait and see what the quality of the d3 one is, if it is good then I might not, if it is not perfect then I might as well give them both a shot.