* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 126989 times)

0 Members

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1790 on: 13/01/19, 20:08 »
Wow KatKat, I'm not doing very many of the things on this list at all... maybe I should be! I have been trying to eat more red/purple foods and need to buy some brazil nuts. Only thing I can think of is baby aspirin as well as they asked me to take that. I'm on progynova 3 x daily... they are going to scan me after 11 days taking it - usually first scan is 10-12 days after starting to take it. They will add patches and/or vagifem if I'm not responding well (which I'm sure will be the case). I usually take 800mg cyclogest each day but I'm going to ask them to test my progesterone before transfer as I'm paranoid that it is low because I bled in both pregnancies quite early on. 

Helen - omg, what a nightmare with the Bemfola syringes! Just what you didn't need. Sorry, I've never used it before, but I know with many of the other meds you can make them up and keep a few days in the fridge if need be. I can imagine you are wasting a bit each time with faffing with the syringe. Lister normally have me starting prednisolone around day 9-10 I think? And when I was with Dr G, it was similar, both times 25mg and definitely after at least a week of stimms. Amazing news about all your follicles - I have a very positive feeling about this cycle for you! x

Briss - amazing news on your follies! You never know, the 13mm one might get there at this growth rate too. I'm so pleased for you and wishing you luck for your collection this week. x

Babyhopeful, good luck with going back to work tomorrow. It is tough going back but I also found having structure to my day helped immensely. I hope your manager will be understanding as hormonally it can still be a rollercoaster for a few weeks. Sounds like you have lots of good things to focus on! I really really wanted to try Veganuary this year but was worried that I wouldn't get enough nutrients to do my ET. But I'm trying to limit my dairy consumption to just the one meal a day.

Jeb, welcome! I think as others have said, it sounds like natural or natural modified cycles with your OE are the best bet. In London probably Create is the most affordable for doing this and also have the most experience. I've found mild IVF works quite well for me, but I think with very high FSH like yours you may still get shut down on the low dose of stimm drugs (I've had this happen and it's not pleasant....) It's really encouraging you managed to have one child with your OE so I'm very hopeful that you can again.

Queenie, how are you coping with the 2WW? Have you got nice things planned to distract you?

Sunshine, really glad that you haven't had any more bleeding or pains and that you had a good scan at Create with everything looking on track. I agree with others, scan as much as you feel you need to be reassured that everything is ok. I used to wish it was possible to have a live feed in there to see everything that was happening!

Klik, I'm glad the bleeding has subsided and you feel confident enough to go out for walks. It's so debilitating to not be able to exercise or live your life normally, so I hope that this is it for all the haematomas.  And really exciting that you can feel some movement! Once you feel more, I'm sure that will give you more reassurance. Only aiming for 7mm lining as have managed to get pregnant with that before so I really really hope my lining limps there.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1791 on: 14/01/19, 09:18 »
    Ladies I need your expert advice, was told to trigger today but not clear when do I stop nasal spray? The form says nothing today but instruction says one last spray this evening. Very confused. I sprayed this morning (rightly or wrongly) not sure what to do in the evening.

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1792 on: 14/01/19, 10:11 »
    I just got my answer, apparently I continue to use the spray on the trigger day and the last time I use it in the evening before the trigger.

Online Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1793 on: 14/01/19, 16:39 »
    And just to make my life a little more interesting I've just been made redundant....

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1794 on: 14/01/19, 16:57 »
    Oh no Briss, am so sorry, hope youíre ok xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1795 on: 15/01/19, 21:14 »
    Helen: unbelievable re. the bemfola pens! I'd be royally annoyed... Not only is it fiddly to get the right amount, it's wasteful and that stuff is expensive! Well, hopefully in 20 years this will be an amusing story you get to tell your child about how s/he was conceived!

queenie: how are you feeling? Thinking of you, sending you sticky thoughts...

Sunshine: I hope you're feeling ok... When is your next scan??

Briss: I really hope your cycle continues to go as well as it's sounding! But you've been made redundant?! I'm so sorry... Did you see it coming at all? I hope you get a good severance package so you have plenty of time to look for another job... I'm so sorry, though--so much uncertainty...

katkat:  I can see you're determined to get that lining cushy! I don't know if you can get your hands on patches, but I think they mimic natural oestrogen better and therefore are sometimes (??) more effective... There's probably not much in it, though. When I was preparing for transfers, Dr Ozturk recommended 400 vitamin E twice a day, which you've got covered, plus 1g vitamin C. Both of those are supposed to be stopped after transfer, though, because apparently too many antioxidants are potentially hazardous to the embryo... Anyway, best of luck--I'm loving the determination and hope it pays off!!!

Shady: Thanks! Here's hoping for a lining of 7+ at least, then! With all my post-adhesion lining struggles, I really wonder what my lining was this time around--my guess from previous cycles is, around 7, but who knows... How are you finding the synarel?! And are you sleeping better?

Babyhopeful: I'm very happy to hear you've found hopeful stories... I also find those very helpful and comforting... I certainly feel very hopeful on your behalf. I'm just sorry you've no choice but to live through this pain, for now... Good luck with your change of regimen--I hope it helps! How have you found being back at work?

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1796 on: 15/01/19, 21:24 »
    Briss - Iím really sorry to hear about your redundancy. I really hope youíre able to sort something else out in the future. Work issues are stressful enough without adding IVF into the mix. I hope youíre able to put everything to one side for this week though so youíre able to concentrate on your current cycle xx 

Offline Jeb1982

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1797 on: 16/01/19, 21:52 »
    Thanks ladies for all your help and advise.

I will have a look into the clinics you have mentioned Queenie.

I was using Midlands fertility now IVI until they said they wont tteat me with my oe after my last failed cycle. Funds are getting low now so will look at options.

Yhanks again for all your help and advise and best of luck everyone speak soon x :)

Offline Cramer

modify
    « Reply #1798 on: 17/01/19, 09:47 »

Hi all, hope youíve had a great Chrissy and NY- itís been one hell of a roller coaster for us- more details below, but first

Helen: good luck on your next cycle

queenie: wishing you the best, 2ww waits are the worst as you want to be hopeful but not get ahead of yourself.

Sunshine: Wishing you the best of luck.  I think this journey to get there makes you very cautious. Get all the scans you need, I found Fetal scanning on Harley street much better than Portland. 

Briss: so sorry to hear about the redundancy.  Such bad timing for the beginning of the year for them to be actionung, saying that of all the times at least it coincides when people come back from Chrissy and go thatís it I quit.  Itís definitely not the stress you need atm

katkat:  good luck with the lining, I found nuts in general and beetroot helped.. well I thought it did- I also found that exercise might have also helped with me though not sure if it was more from stress releasing

Shady: good luck with your next cycle

Klik: sounds like your progressing well.  Itís amazing how youíll have this one crazy day at work and totally forget, then get all paranoid thinking ok do my boobs still hurt, so I feel a bit nauseous, can I still feel the butterflies etc...the paranoia of keeping alert doesnít really end but does get easier!

Babyhopeful: so sorry to hear about your loss, it just sux.  But you have a solid plan ahead, which makes you focus on next steps which is a great distraction to what it couldíve/shouldíve been.  Youíre doing an amazing job

Hi to everyone else Iíve missed!
    Afm itís been a crazy few months.  I went into preterm labor at 34weeks, no signs of anything just my waters broke.  It was pre any antenatal classes and we still hadnt bought everything or read up.  So didnít know it was my waters and I thought Iíd become urinary incontinent and was very upset!! After 25 hours of labor, failed forceps I ended with an emergency C and our daughter Kyah was born 26 nov (due 7 Jan).  Had a few issues with NHS after this; never gave me the 2 steroid inj you need to speedy up lung development, they separated us few hours after birth saying we should have registered to a hospital closer to home yet never told us this), said theyíd transfer me with her but once they transferred her refused to transfer me.  They also put her on morphine just for the transfer knowing at the time she had lung issues (which they never told us about)! So one collapsed lung later, oxygen machine we were stuck in NICU for 3 weeks. However, looking around intensive we realised after everything weíd been through this journey had made us stronger to face all the challenges as parents.  As we looked at other parents in NICU you realise their battle gear is new, theyíre not use to questioning the doctors, experiencing extreme high and lows and I guess us ladies will produce eventual fighters from way before they come into this world, it just takes us time to find the right fighter baby!

Anyway got ourselves an early Christmas present and as we look on our little miracle from so many ways itís amazing to see what one egg and a decent lining (and amazingly all the photographic evidence of her growing ) has produced.  It still gets me by surprised that this happened naturally.  Ironically Iím back to the menopause clinic today...tagging her along

Offline onolyn

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1799 on: 17/01/19, 11:02 »
    Briss, sorry.