* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124986 times)

0 Members

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #180 on: 13/02/18, 19:03 »
Helenbeau- Iím so sorry to hear about your embryo. I agree that you need some time to recover at the mo before making any major decisions.

Tily - Iím sorry to hear about your oestrogen levels. Iím not sure what to advise about triggering, but Iím glad the consultant has been in touch and youíve had good advice from the ladies here. I will keep my fingers crossed for your follies.

Afm - I had a rocky weekend unfortunately. I visited my best friend and she announced that sheís pregnant with her second child. I congratulated her and I am happy for her as itís something she really wants. She has been trying for her second the same time Iíve been trying for my first, so she understood where Iíve been coming from with this infertility thing and has up to now been very supportive. Anyway as I was leaving I filled up a little about my disappointment at the failed IVF and just the sheer frustration of it all. I thought perhaps she would give me a hug, but it was as if she couldnít wait to get rid of me. She also said maybe I need to relax a bit more and have I thought about a surrogate?!!!?I was pretty distraught driving home, I just feel that her compassion and understanding has now gone out the window with this pregnancy. I hope that this is just a blip in our relationship, but nevertheless it still hurts.

We had our meeting with the consultant at  our new clinic yesterday. I found him to be quite negative. He asked whether I have thought about DE? I got angry and said that we havenít even given my own eggs enough of a chance yet! He also gave a lecture on women leaving it too late and I basically told him that I canít change my age and we have to work with what Iíve got! DH thought I was quite stroppy, but he also thought my stroppiness was justified. Anyway he suggested I have a SP with a mild suppression and using Gonal F. I think my previous cycles were antagonist, so would this cycle be a micro flare? I didnít realise there were so many SPs. He will give me immune meds and also a scratch. I had to have my amh taken again and the results should be back Fri. Iím absolutely dreading the outcome. He wants me to continue with the DHEA, but I had a big panic last night as the DHEA Iím taking is not Micronized. Iíve had to order Micronized DHEA from America, so Iím hoping it arrives very soon.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. Iím feeling quite fed up and frustrated.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 13/02/18, 20:27 »
    Helen: I'd say if your lining was 6.8 after ovulation, it was likely over 7 before. I am really sorry about your PGD results... This is going to sound really messed up, but if you want to (you have to think about relationship issues...), you could transfer that PGD-abnormal, as monosomies are not survivable. PGD throws up false positives sometimes, and CHR in the US has transferred non-survivable PGD-abnormal embryos and gotten healthy births out of it. If it was survivable (say, trisomy 21) then I wouldn't transfer, but as it's not survivable the worse that happens is a BFN or maybe a chemical (you'd have to ask if implantation is even possible). See here, for instance: https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/video-gallery/video/why-abnormal-embryos-can-result-in-healthy-pregnancies/ . So you could transfer it this very cycle, if you wanted. Something to think about. But you might not want to spend your money on a longshot such as this, especially given the relationship issues... I'm so sorry you're having to deal with those... I send you hugs...

tily: yeah, it's sounding kind of borderline but I wouldn't give up on it, that's for sure. Just keep an eye on those follicle sizes, the oestrogen, and the LH, and frankly I'd just keep going until either the lead is >23 or the LH is starting to think about surging... I'm really sorry you got the "this is not looking good" disclaimer. That sucks. We so want to feel like our clinic is on our side--and a lot of the time, it is, but sometimes it's all just too enraging...

Mac: I'm sorry you're on day 35 with no sign of AF. That's scary... You'll be talking to someone about HRT, right? I think you need something like that... Lower your FSH with oestrogen, grow a follicle with your natural FSH, get it collected, ...

Babyhopeful: I'd say you were appropriately stroppy. What was the consultant thinking? I mean, I think mentioning DE is actually ok if you're at the start of your journey and might not be aware of the possibility, but lecturing you on your age is not exactly helpful.

Briss, Cramer, Shady: hugs!

katkat: sorry, don't know anything about vaccines and follicle development. I don't think I would skip the cycle, personally, if that was the only factor (unless you learn otherwise). But maybe you need a break, for sanity?! If so, I'd take it!

Sunshine: sounds like your ovulation is delayed... What happened last cycle, again? Stimming or priming or the pill can delay ovulation in the next cycle... I mean, by all means DTD as much as you like! But if there's not even a hint of LH, you probably won't be ovulating anytime soon...

xx!

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #182 on: 13/02/18, 20:45 »
    Babyhopepeful  - The  doctors go on about age but there are no absolutes in science.  Research finds new answers all the time. The threshold age for treatment in the NHS was a a lot lower than in the private sector and they found women [who were  older than the NHS threshold limit] were 15% more successful in having a baby in the private sector. Sorry trying to type on my iPad. I would trust your gut instinct.x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 13/02/18, 21:26 »
    Baby hopeful, Iíve gone through pretty much the same thing with my best friend. I find it hard to see her these days. Iím sorry because I know how much it hurts having weird times with your best mate. We also have to be the brave ones donít we. But just look after your own needs at the moment and if that means not being around babies and pregnancy then just be selfish. And I get so sick of the age accusation that Doctors love to pipe up with in a patronising way. I got it today at the miscarriage into as I went for a follow up. The doctor had nothing helpful to say and discharged me saying ďyou are 41, youíve just got to get on with itĒ. No poop Sherlock!

Briss, Klik, MAC, Shady, sunshine, Til...thanks for the support. Iím feeling better today, except from the stupid miscarriage doctor being no help whatsoever today but no surprise there!
    Itís always the initial disappointment which is a shock. Iíll wait til next cycle to do another transfer, although I did have a job interview today so knowing my luck I might have to delay another month 😂. Iím trying to be zen.
    AFM I have a terrible stabbing pain in/around my left ovary today which is the ovary I had my dominant follicle. No idea why but itís seriously stabbing me.

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 13/02/18, 21:57 »
    Babyhopeful-  I can imagine how hurt you are ^hugme^ sometimes all we need is just a hug as this journey is really tough, but people think that we are  asking them to find a solution for us, off course advise is helpful but I rather not have any unless I ask for one, not even from my sister, it's different  from someone that is going through something exactly the same and that's why I love this board. It's a shame that she changed with you and I do hope is her hormones or she probably didn't know how to deal with her being happy for her pregnancy and  seeing you struggling with your journey. I had a doctor doing exactly the same with me  once and with no exaggeration I felt like punching him ^bigbad^ so you had all the right to be stroppy. You are right  don't give up on your egg, at least no until you feel that you have  tried everything you could.

Klik; It is scary and it has been like that for the last 4 months and it doesn't start until I take something to induce. I am so tired that right now I just want to feel normal for 2 or 3 months, then I missed my appointment where I  was meant to discuss my options in regards to HRT. I am going to my GP tomorrow and hopefully I will get another referral again, but I know it will take some time. I heard about DR Nick Panay (Westminster & Chelsea) and  he does private as well, I have no idea how much he charges but I am tempted to have a consultation with him, it's hard because  only DH is working full time at the moment so is not like we can really afford private doctors right now. I still have 2 boxes left of the HRT from my  last prescription which is  Evorel Sequi (combination pack), but I think if start using them I won't ovulate at all.. I don't know I might be wrong.. :-\ I just need help in terms of  when is the best time to use on my cycle - so I can still monitor my follicles in case a golden one appears.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 13/02/18, 23:02 »
    Just a quick note as I wanted to say that am really sorry Helen about the PGS result. It's not what you were expecting, but I don't think you can conclude from this to those you have frozen. This said, I have the same fears about my frozen ones so I totally understand you. Ah hey you can do it both - Job interview and transfer - if.you wanted to!

Babyhopeful, the DE line is a tough one, have heard it many times from my previous clinics although thankfully my reprofit doctor had never mentioned it again since I told him once that I'm not ready.  I really love him for it!
    It really hurts when your friend suggests 'surrogate' I am sorry you dont get her support right now. I got the why don't you just adopt line many times from the same friend again and again until I asked her 'now why don't you adopt your second one' (she was just 3 months pregnant with her first one at that point) and that shut her up. I think your friend just wears pregnancy goggles right now, I am sure she didn't actually mean it in a mean way, she probably just didn't think properly  ^hugme^

Thanks for replies on the vaccination..I think I will just do it and then try and forget that I've done it and continue cycling

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 14/02/18, 01:03 »
    Hi everyone, sorry I couldnít join you on Sat.  I hope you had a great meet up.

Hopeful2013 - MASSIVE CONGRATUALTIONS!!!  I am so pleased you have made it to this stage,  we need more of those stories on here.

Briss - I agree with you GP,  I get them when I am run down or in UV light.  Donít worry just work on building yourself up.  you have been BF for a long time, have you been sleeping?  The immune system is a crazy wonderful thing and it might just be catching up with youÖ

Helen - I know I donít know you well, but I would agree with Klik, there is a chance your monosomie +ve one might be a false positive on the test as they donít sample the incur cell mass of the embryo.  You are right, it is a long shot so it depends how resilient you are, but you might want to consider transferring anywayÖ

Tily - Fingers crossed you get a really high e2 tomorrow , you werenít taking Femara earlier in the cycle were you? It can hang around for a bit longer than expected so might just be worth watching and waiting like Klik said.

Babyhopeful - I had a rant at a couple of people who started talking about DE.  Itís like FFS - stop thinking about your stats for a second.  Itís my life and my childs life, if I want to do everything I can before even starting to thing about DE I should have the right to do it without being Harassed.  Fíing drísÖ  (Hope my mini rant helped you a bit - you are not alone).

Mac - Sounds like some E2 would be really helpful for youÖ  I would taken them for 2 -3 weeks, try to see if you can start a fresh cycle and have a scan on d 3  to see weather you have anything going on you might find you donít need any sims if you can drop your FSH enough.   I think you need quite a high dose of E2 (min 100) as your FSH is high.  What did P say?  Are you a candidate for her laparoscopic stem cell?   how far are you willing to go for own eggs?  I have a few other ideas which are a bit more experimental if you wantÖ

Sunshine - if you donít have LH you wonít be ovulating - keep testing (twice a day) sometimes the late ones are good ones.

Katkat - I personally wouldnít worry too much about the vaccine unless it knocks out your immune system.  I currently have a rather horrid head cold, which is making me feel exhausted, I suspect it is making my egg mitochondria also a bit exhausted so a I am bit worried for my next cycle.  If you notice something in yourself like you feel viral then I would worry a little bit, might be worth skipping a cycle.  Otherwise if you feel no different I would ignore - there are a lot of anti-vaxers saying a lot of things which have no basisÖ

AFM - was going to go to Athens last cycle, cancelled due to low E2 and early LH peak, just didnít Ďfeelí right.  So hoping to start again in about a week. Struggling with planning work trips as I have a couple coming up which I need to be Ďflexibleí for and also trying to do IVF before I canít or the timescale runs out on the package cycle.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 14/02/18, 09:46 »
    Hey queenie, thanks for your reply / reassurance. That must be so difficult to juggle work/ trips as well as cycling at the right time. I do have a couple of trips now coming up in April and May so not sure how I will do it.

Afm where can I get the cheapest ovitrelle from? I was quoted prides of 38 and 45gbp, am sure it used to be 30 before. Ideally I'd want the cheaper pregnyl if anyone has an idea where I can get it from, my pharmacy has run out of stock now

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 14/02/18, 12:53 »
    just quickly for Katkat

I bought ovitrelle for £26.50 in the Lister pharmacy yesterday. There was a £5 dispensing fee.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 14/02/18, 13:15 »
    Thanks Tily. Will see if they sell to those not cycling with  them. Hope your bloods went well

Afm lining only 6mm, I think this entire cycle is out of sync for me, after the transfer last month. So not a good month for a natural transfer (was 7.5mm same time last month) so am planning to check again next month (or do a collection) once I am decided what to do about the typhoid shots