* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 126994 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1800 on: 17/01/19, 11:11 »
Cramer, wow, congratulations!! Reading your story has made me feel so emotional, I think your little miracle gives us all hope!

Briss, how did your egg collection go?

Queenie, whens your OTD? Hope youíre managing to stay sane.

Babyhopeful, hope youíre ok being back at work and finding it a good distraction.

Klik, how far along are you now? I havenít booked another scan yet, mainly because Iím too scared because Iíve convinced myself its a MMC, but also because even if everything is ok Iíll only feel reassured for a day or two and then Iíll need to book another one. How often were you having scans in the first trimester and do you know when I can start having an abdominal scan rather than vaginal? Create only do the first scan to detect heartbeat, there is an Ultrasound Direct near me but after my awful NHS scan experience I would just prefer to wait until I can have an abdominal one. Iíve got my booking in appt next week and part of me thinks I should get a scan first.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1801 on: 17/01/19, 12:20 »
    Cramer congrats on your little miracle. So sorry to hear about your aweful NHS experience. The NHS bureacracy and incompetence drives me mad.

Sunshine - Are you in London? I found Ultrasound Direct as bit of a conveyor belt with NHS personnel moonlighting as technicians. There used to be Private Ultrasound at 127 Harley st. w1g 8SD which was good. Not sure if they are still there. fingers crossed for you.
    x

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #1802 on: 17/01/19, 12:33 »
    Afternoon Ladies, I have been lurking in the shadows to keep up with you all!

Cramer congratulations on the birth of Kyah! It sounds like you had an horrific time but I'm sure it was all worth it and you must keep pinching yourselves! I hope her lungs are now up to fighting fitness.

Briss I am so sorry to hear about your redundancy - have you been there long? I hope you get a decent payout which you can put aside for when you will be on mat leave! How did EC go?

Sunshine how many weeks are you now? I used Ultrasound Direct for our viability scan, but then luckily or unluckily which ever way you look at it, due to our MC history we had three additional scans on the NHS at 9,11 and 15 weeks.

Jeb, I was looking at Create for our next cycle, but we had a natural BFP. My AMH was 2.4 and I was 35 when we fell so there is hope.

Hi to everyone I have missed.

AFM we are 16 weeks tomorrow and had our midwife appointment this morning. All appears to be progressing as it should and I still have no symptoms or side effects - crazy as it is I wish I did just to remind myself that this is real!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1803 on: 17/01/19, 14:21 »
    Cramer, wow, congratulations on the arrival of little Kyah! I was thinking of you the other day, wondering how you were getting on as I thought she was due around now, having no idea she had arrived so early. It sounds really traumatic, I'm so sorry that you had a bad birth experience and the NHS didn't deal with you properly, you really deserved a break after everything you went to get pregnant in the first place. I'm really glad she is out of the NICU and safely back home with you, that must have been incredibly hard to not be able to take her home and be in the same place as her all the time. But she is a real fighter, just like her mum! Such a miracle story, I'm so happy for you. xxx

LXP - time is flying by! Thank you for updating us, I have been wondering and hoping that everything was ok with you. 16 weeks already, I'm so glad that after all the MCs that you have reached a stage where you can hopefully start to relax and enjoy the pregnancy a little more. I can imagine it's tough though, especially with no symptoms.

Briss, oh no, I'm so so sorry to hear about the redundancy. Juggling work and IVF is just so crazy, and difficult. I think you weren't enjoying that job and the office politics, so I hope you can find something that you like better for your next role. Also that they gave you a good package so you can take some time to regroup and consider your next steps. Have you had your EC now? How did it go?

Sunshine, I think I had an abdominal scan on the NHS around 8 weeks... so you should be able to have one about now as well? Have heard good things about Harley St Fetal scanning centre too. Luckily the EPU at our local hospital is amazing, it was so funny, before I miscarried I would never have gone to our hospital for maternity care (Just because I had such a horrible experience with the fertility consultants there, who were completely unsympathetic and unyielding with our diagnosis), but after the care I received with both MCs, I am feeling much more positive about the hospital.

Klik, hope you are getting on well and there's been no more bleeding and looking forward to hearing about your next scan - hopefully you will see the baby doing more athletic positions!

Queenie, how is the 2ww going?

Not much going on with me. No symptoms from either the synarel or the oestrogen, so it's hard to tell what's going on inside. I guess I'll just wait and see at the scan next week but trying to take it very much one step at a time if we have to cancel again. I feel quite serene, except is it just me, but every time I see a picture of Meghan Markle cradling her baby bump all smugly in the newspaper I feel unreasonably filled with rage!!! Maybe it's because her baby is due around the same time mine was, or the fact that she fell pregnant in about 5 seconds flat at the age of 37.

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1804 on: 17/01/19, 18:24 »
    Shady - no its not just you. I wish Megan well but -yes I can't watch the news when she is on. Just feel sad. I am sure the NHS will fall over themselves in that instance. Peerages in the offing no doubt. Then Harry can wax lyrical about how wonderful and SUper the NHS is, just as his brother did for his own wife. xx

Offline Jeb1982

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1805 on: 17/01/19, 18:48 »
    Lets hope so LXP 😁

Can I just ask again sorry!!! A few of you have mentioned Create fertility is it the Birmingham 1 your talking about and as anyone been to the Birmingham 1? If so what the service like etc I have also contacted Serum was impressed with how quick they got back to me. But wondered if anyone can advise on both clinics and is there much difference in price and service etc.

Sorry to ask so many questions x

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1806 on: 18/01/19, 00:38 »
    Hi All,

Cramer,
    It is so lovely to hear from you and be reminded of your good news - Congratulations!
    34 weeks with only 3 weeks in the NICU is good!  (I know it probably doesn't feel it),, but i am really pleased there was nothing really serious.

Briss - I am so so sorry about your redundancy, it sucks so much (wasn't that quite a new job??)

Sorry need to be a bit indulgent and not time for loads of personals.

Today am feeling down - I thought it was really positive, lots of stabbing pain from d2-5 pt (d5-8 po) but not that much since then.  I know it's far too early (d10po today) and I was feeling optimistic so I took a urine test and it was very very negative.  Serum don't want me to test until d17po/d14pt  I don't think I can wait that long, I think I need to do some bloods.  I'll wait till day d14po/d11pt.   Needed something positive today, wish I hadn't tested.

Also my Grandma has breast cancer - diagnosed today, grade 2 lobular which is not great.  She is old, but it brings back stuff with my mum who was diagnosed at 49 and died at 53.  I also found out today that her mum (my great Grandma died at 52) and that my Grandma didn't have any sisters but she had 1st cousins, both of whom died in their early 50's.  - So I am freaked out. - mainly because I am on a truck load of Estrogen and Progesterone,  also because that side of my family had normal menopause timing, my mum hadn't been through the menopause when she was diagnosed, but as she was in her late 40's it stands to reason that her hormones had started to decline.  Probably the same for everyone else who died in their early 50's.   I think the early onset premature reserve and early onset menopause comes from my Dad's side of the family as I think my Aunty had it, and think my dad's mum went through menopause fairly early.  So that means I am screwed.    I mean I am quite happy to go an have a boob job after I am done using them, but with all this IVF palava, what if that is too late?

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1807 on: 18/01/19, 18:26 »
    Cramer: thanks! Yeah, what I can't wait for is some real kicks--that'll be frequent (if annoying, some mums tell me) reassurance! Wow, congratulations on Kyah's birth! I totally cried with joy reading your story. The three of you went through so much... I agree with you--this whole process has made us fighters, and we're equipped to question doctors and push back on what medical professionals tell us... But that should not be necessary--in particular, I can't believe they separated you! That feels to me like a cardinal sin... I'm really happy to hear you're reunited and you can heal from this initial trauma together... Kyah is in excellent hands... Congratulations!!!

Babyhopeful: hope you're doing ok... thinking of you...

Jeb: I've never used either of those clinics so can't give you details (well, I've been to Serum once, and I can say they're very, very nice)... I just wish you much luck with whichever one you choose!

Sunshine: I'm 16 weeks today. Yeah, scans are reassuring but it doesn't last too long... I understand that from 10 weeks, the usual thing is to have abdominal scans, but from another thread I'm on I've seen someone who was, I think, just over 7 weeks, but spotting, had an abdominal scan instead so as to avoid intruding into the vagina... So earlier is possible, yes... FWIW, I feel very hopeful for you. I think it's because you're pushing away hope like it's a very dangerous thing, and it's left to us to feel the hope on your behalf... I'd say the honest truth is, there's much reason for hope, but it's definitely not worry-free at this stage (not that it will ever be completely worry-free, but one hopes to get to a point where the hope dominates over the worry). Until 9 weeks, I had one scan per week, as I'm prone to adhesions and should avoid having a MMC for too long. Then I had an abdominal scan at 10w5d, then one at 12 weeks, then the next one was going to be at 16, but I had those bleeds so I had some intervening scans for reassurance. I don't know anything about Ultrasound Direct... I'd just recommend you find a place with good equipment and sensitive staff. CRGH was incredibly flexible for me--I do wonder whether Create might be willing to sell you extra scans if you ask them. But abdominal scans are likely not their specialty, so perhaps best not to go there...

Briss: I hope your cycle is continuing to go well... I imagine you're in no state of mind for job-hunting right now...

Blue: I hope you're well...

LXP: happy 16 weeks!!

Shady: thanks... I'm glad you have no symptoms! Great approach, taking it one day at a time, but hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised by this cycle. When do you have a lining scan? Re. Meghan, I think I found out about my pregnancy more or less at the same time as I found out about hers, so I've developed some weird imaginary kinship with her. Maybe also because she and I share an accent in this strange land. But I'm not really exposed to much news on royals, for some reason, so I haven't even seen her belly. Then again, with Kate, I didn't mind the first baby so much, but the second and the third felt a bit like they were being rubbed in my face. I honestly think it would be wonderful if some royal--any royal, even a very minor one--came out and spoke about infertility. It's pretty darn common, and it must have hit at least one of them! And as their primary function is to reproduce, I do feel like it would be an amazing public good to address how not all couples, or all women, are so lucky as Kate and Meghan seem to be... Otherwise the likes of us are made to feel like faulty, incompetent pariahs...

queenie: I thought of you today, as I finally reached that 16-week mark! I'm really sorry you're feeling down... You're right, 10dpo with a POAS is just way too early... I'm sorry, though--I can understand really craving some good news. I'm completely on board with the plan to do bloods at 14dpo--I really really hope you get your BFP then... I am so, so sorry about your Grandma and how it brings back echoes of your mum... Gosh, she died so young... You do have a scary family history, and perhaps testing for the BRAC gene is for you... My mother and two aunts on her side have had breast cancer too (mum has survived, one aunt has not) but they were much older when diagnosed. And like you, I've been worried about the amount of oestrogen I've been taking... I'm sorry there is so much to worry about... I think you're doing the right thing, though--one thing at a time... focus on fertility now that you're young, then worry about potential breast cancer... Because of my family history, they've put me on yearly mammograms at St Bart's. Have you been doing this?? If not, I highly recommend it. And your mother died so early that I would think they'd start you early on this... I'm so sorry--I hope your grandma gets through this with as little pain as possible...

AFM: 16-week scan today... haematoma still there but smaller, so I think I'm still off exercise, etc. But more importantly, the foetus is going strong, with all his little body parts measuring on target. It was amazing to see the heart, which now has developed all 4 chambers. Also no indication of the most nefarious types of spina bifida. The spine is quite curved at this point, but he did stretch out a few times during the scan. Barring some panic between now and then, the next scan is at 20 weeks. I've also booked us a babymoon in Costa del Sol--hopefully the last time we get to holiday before having a kid!

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1808 on: 19/01/19, 02:32 »
    Klik - 16 weeks. That is great news! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Have a great Babymoon, hun.  ^hugme^ Wishing you all the best.

This is going to sound like a dumb question but is the Cornell clinic in the States? Are they any good?

Just wondered how the clinics in the States do in their protocols ie. In Greece the gynae did all the transfers and advice. In the UK the person seems to see the Gynae once and then nurses handle the procedure. Maybe someone will correct this impression. Anyway I am looking at clinics in the US so any info would be good.

Sorry for the lack of personals. This thread grows at such a fast rate I can't keep up sometimes.

AFM- I pop in to this thread now and then. There is so much good info here. I am fine. Just preping for the next cycle. I had an allergic reaction to something so had to go back to the GP whom I have sucessfully managed to avoid for over a year. I am hypo. So don't know if my thyroid issues have interefered with something or if it is a high histamine situation.

Anyway he prescribed 30mg prednisolone for 5 days for the allergy without giving blood tests because they cleverly gave me an appointment for 5pm when we were standing in the surgery at 8am when they opened. No one to take your blood at 5pm you see. The reception refused to acknowledge us [too busy chatting to her friend] so we rang their number whilst in reception to get the actual appointment! She left the phone to ring whilst she gabbed. Clever way to make patients go all round the houses before they get seen. To show how busy they are. Go figure. The government's billions funding from the taxpayer for the NHS sure goes a long way.

So now worrying if prednisolone will impact on my next cycle. The good news is that my allergy is calming down. I will be looking into a private Reproductive endo and a full THS panel privately so that I can understand what the heck is going on.
    I feel guilty for offloading here. I am aware how tough it's been for everyone on this board.

Sending all my best to everyone here. xx

Offline NOV12

modify
    « Reply #1809 on: 19/01/19, 10:24 »
    Hello

I hope you donít mind me posting in your thread, I would really appreciate some advice from fellow low amh ladies.

As you can read in my signature Iíve had three failed rounds of IVF, last year we  moved to Create and spent most of the year doing six natural modified cycles with  the aim of getting some embryos to freeze and thankfully we had something from each cycle.

Itís now time to start putting the embryos back and we had our consultation last week and the Dr said sheíd be happy for me to have two back at a time given the previous lack of implantation. My husband is quite set on only doing one at a time, not because of the risk of multiples, neither of us are bothered aboutt  hat, but because he feels itís better to roll the dice (hopefully, successful thaw dependent) six times. agreed at first but now Iím wondering if two would be better.

For those of us that are never going to have a huge haul of eggs each cycle, each embryo feels so hard won I suppose Iím reluctant to put the 3 dayers back two at a time because thereís part of me that likes having something in the freezer - ive never been in this position before - but Iím now thinking about the toll of 6 tww and all of the medication too.

So I suppose my question is, for low AMH/DOR case, do you think a single  or double transfer is better?

Many thanks x