* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 126993 times)

0 Members

Offline Rillischen

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1810 on: 19/01/19, 11:00 »
Hi ladies I hope you are all well. I am in the Jan/Feb cycle buddies thread but thought I might pop on to here also as I have low AMH (3.8 a year ago, not sure now) and DOR (age related at 43) and my hopes numbers-wise are probably more in line with this group.

Cramer I loved reading your story - sounds like a tough few months, but what an amazing ending to the story or beginning of the next one - big congratulations and thanks for sharing - it gives a lot of hope.

Helen: good luck in Athens, hope you find things to do to while away the time  a bit and hoping this is your lucky cycle. I will probably move to Serum if my two rounds with Create don't work out so would be interested to hear how you get on.

Briss: hope the redundancy leads to a new door opening :-)

Everyone else, hope you are all doing ok - will familiarise myself with your stories so hopefully write something more personal next time.

AFM: I am 43, single, conceiving with donor sperm with Create, had my first natural modified cycle, egg collection was last week, they got 3 eggs, 2 were mature and fertilised ok. At 3 days, I had a 10 cell that they froze and an 11 cell that they tried to take to blastocyst but it stopped growing at 11 cells. Glad to have one in the freezer though I was a bit disappointed that I didnt get a blastocyst, but at least I have something - and I keep mantra-ing to myself it only takes one. I'm doing another cycle straight away so starting stims in about 10 days. It went really quick last time - started stims on the Saturday night and triggered on the following Wednesday night so hoping this time will be similar :-) And then moving to FET (in the plural I hope) straight away. Nov 12 I was asked 1 versus 2 - its a tricky one... for me I'm single, so twins would be quite intense I imagine so I think I would go for 1 - not sure I will know for sure until I know how many I have... Good luck with making your decision.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1811 on: 19/01/19, 11:09 »
    Hi ladies,
    Iím in Athens and Iím loving it. This place is amazing and Iím really enjoying my Airbnb and wandering around. Iím also doing a bit of work remotely while Iím out here so plenty to do to kill the days. Apart from dropping my cetrotide on the floor and having to rush to serum to get more as I was due to inject there and then (luckily it was t in the evening) nothing much to report. Despite a larger AFC of 12 Iíve only got 5 follicles. 2x18, 2x16 and 2x11. Iím going back on Monday for another scan. Penny said I was ready but I wanted to go longer as we know last time anything under 18 means my follicles will be immature. She agreed and was happy to go longer. And I remember Klik says with letrozole to go a bit bigger. So fingers crossed this works.

Nov, hard decision how many to transfer. I did one at a time but Iíve had 3 non implantation and 2 MCís. This time Iím definitely putting more than one in because I think itís very unlikely my embryos will be viable and I donít want to wait months to keep trying one by one...but I may very well not have a choice depending how many embryos I might get this cycle. Not very helpful sorry, but Iíd do two, although have you done any transfers before? Sorry not read your signature.

Hi to everyone else. Queenie, keep the faith x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1812 on: 19/01/19, 11:22 »
    Update...just had a call from Serum and my E2 is only 360. Thatís very low. So now Iím worried as I have these 4 follicles all over 16mm. Iíve never had an E2 so low before. I only stopped letrozole on Wednesday, could this be why? Do you think it will jump up? X

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1813 on: 19/01/19, 19:18 »
    Klik - It was quite difficult being back in work on Monday. I was quite emotional, thinking that the last time I was there I was happily pregnant. One of my colleagues who knew I was pregnant was exceptionally kind though. She is another positive story! She unfortunately had two miscarriages in her forties, but went on to have a successful pregnancy at 43. It was a natural pregnancy like yours Klik and she had a healthy boy. Work did get easier as the week went on and I feel into the swing of it all again. Iím really pleased to hear all is going well and a baby moon sounds lovely :)

Cramer - Thank you for your kind words and many congratulations on the birth of Kyah! Iím sorry to hear of all the trauma you experienced during and after the birth, but Iím glad Kyah is now fighting fit. It is true all this IVF stuff does make you stronger when faced with further adversity. Your story about taking the baby to the menopause clinic does make me chuckle. It just proves that anything can happen and the experts donít always know best.

Sunshine122- I hope you are feeling a bit more positive this weekend. Please donít think just because some of us have had some setbacks that you will too. Every lady is different and every baby is different. I am hopeful that things will work out for you xx

LXP- Iím so glad to hear that things are going well. I have been thinking about you.

Shadywheat- Good luck for your scan next week. Iím with you on the Meghan Markle rage. I think I would feel the same way even if I hadnít experienced my loss, as to me she comes across as quite disingenuous.

Queenie123- 10dpo is still very early. Did you use a frer as a normal test is unlikely to pick anything up? Iím very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I think the only thing you can do at the moment is to regularly check your breasts and perhaps if you can be referred early for a mammogram. My mother had breast cancer in her early fifties, so Iím a regular breast checker and Iíve even been to the GP for a check-up. Iím not massively worried about all the drugs as my natural hormones are out of whack anyway and I actually feel more balanced when Iím on them!

Blue Dolphin- I donít think prednisolone should affect anything as Iím prescribed it from EC anyway. There are also some studies to suggest that taking it a few weeks before stims maybe beneficial for implantation.

Nov12 - Iím not sure whether a single or double transfer is better, but for me personally I would like to know that I still have X number of chances left, so would probably go with single transfers. Could you mix it up a bit, perhaps try a double, then a single further down the line? Hopefully though a second transfer wonít be needed.

Helenbeau- My clinic has never measured my oestrogen so unfortunately I donít know what numbers are expected close to EC. Did the clinic give you any further information about numbers? It may be worth giving them a ring to find out a bit more? Iím glad to hear that youíre enjoying Athens though.

Afm - Work improved as the week went on and I feel in the swing of things again. Iíve even got back to doing yoga and had a bit of reflexology to help me relax. I had another hospital appointment on Thursday as I was concerned I was getting an infection. I had an examination, blood and swabs taken. The examination and blood results didnít indicate any infection and Iím just waiting for the results of the swabs. Hopefully I will get the all clear next week and I can start swimming again. Hormonally I am all over the place. There have been no signs of ovulation and Iím getting negative opks. Is it normal not to ovulate before your first period after a miscarriage? Also to add insult to injury Iím losing a huge amount of hair daily and my face thinks Iím a teenager again! I have thick hair anyway so hopefully the shedding will slow down before it becomes noticeable, but my spotty skin will start becoming harder to hide unless it improves soon.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1814 on: 20/01/19, 23:29 »
    Blue: thanks! As an aside, US clinics are more expensive, but if you try to buy at least your meds here, that will help control the costs somewhat... Which clinic to go to would depend on your AFC/how you respond to stims... If you can grow 2-3+ follicles at a time and your body doesn't shut down with moderately high stims, I'd recommend Dr Davis at Cornell (NYC). He's very much into oestrogen priming, which I personally found incredibly helpful... But if you're more of a one-maybe-two-at-a-time kinda gal, so a natural or natural modified approach would be more helpful, then I'd personally go to Dr Yelian, at Life in California... Or if that's too far, then perhaps New Hope in NYC. I also really rate Dr Check, at Cooper (which has NJ and PA clinics), who has this very careful natural-modified approach... I don't think much of his lab, but I like his approach very much. He can monitor you remotely, for a fee, and direct your cycles that way... I never ended up doing that with him, because when I came back to London, CRGH had seen the light and started offering a mild-stim approach for DOR women... Dr Check also is very supportive of a try-naturally-with-hormones sort of approach, which he can also monitor you for, but which I thought I was just too old for, but looking back perhaps that would have been the best approach for me from the beginning... Anyway, those are the clinics I really know about... Oh, there's also Dr Sher, whom I quite dislike and would never consult directly, but his outfit, SIRM, does seem to have some very competent, DOR-friendly doctors working there... I just don't know too much about which one to go to, though... I'm sorry about your experience at your GP surgery! Could you choose a different one?! I quite like mine--they do seem generally as helpful as possible, given that there are constraints... My impression re. prednisolone is it wouldn't have much of a negative impact on anything, but I don't know too much about it... It could delay your ovulation a tiny bit while you're on it, as it discourages follicles rupturing, but I can't think of how it would affect you if you just took it for 5 days... Hopefully it would be ok--did you get the blood test in the end or no?!

NOV12: that's a really tough question... It does seem that one at a time, perhaps each embryo has a marginally better chance of implanting... it also seems that there's not much in it. That's how I read the available information, anyway... I suppose if you are absolutely sure that these are the last six embryos you will ever, ever make, you might want to try them one at a time... but if there's any chance you might want to collect more if, (hopefully not!) none of the 6 take, I'd personally try to get through them faster so you're not 6-12 months older by the time your next collection rolls around. I really don't mean to sound negative, but sadly many of us have gone through many more than 6 embryos and had nothing to show for it, so it is a possibility to keep in mind... That said, congratulations on your frosties! They are very, very promising, and I hope there are actually as many babies among them as you want to complete your family! A lot of this business is luck, and I hope it's on your side!

Rillischen: congratulations on your frostie! I'm sorry about the one that didn't make it to blast... Good luck gearing up for your next cycle!

Helen: I'm really glad you're enjoying Athens! And your follicles look really good to me--I'm sorry the AFC of 12 was misleading, though... I'm glad you waited longer--I hope that serves you well! As for the oestrogen, absolutely, I think it hasn't recovered yet since you stopped the letrozole... Hopefully by Monday it will be higher. Also, out of curiosity, what units does Serum use? Gosh, I think in your place I'd be really stuck with how many to transfer... It feels so much like your body really wants to be pregnant... If you're potentially ok with twins, though, then why not two?! I have a very warm feeling about this cycle for you--I hope it's prescience rather than just hope!

Babyhopeful: I can only imagine how tough it was, going back to work... I'm so glad a colleague opened up to you and gave you some more reason to hope. Miscarriages are really devastating, but they really do not have to be the end of the line... And I do take it as a positive that your body seems to want to be pregnant--I think it just needs the right embryo, and hopefully you will have that soon... Well done on finding your groove at work again and starting to exercise, too! Ooh, I don't know what's going on with your hormones there... I think hair loss and spotting can be associated with pregnancy, so perhaps your beta just hasn't come down yet?! Have you checked?? Actually if you're getting negative OPKs your beta must be quite low, so I don't know--I'd just give your body some time to find its feet... Same with ovulation--I think it is rather normal that it doesn't happen right away... your body needs to sort of reset itself hormonally and sometimes that does take a cycle. I believe it shouldn't take more than that, though, so hopefully your body will be back to normal soon, and you on your way to a good pregnancy before long!

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1815 on: 21/01/19, 11:01 »
    Klik - thank you so much for the US info. Really good advice.  ^hugme^

I am doing the THS panel tests this week so hopefully find out more. I will look for a private Reproductive endo. I asked previous GP to forward my records to Patient practioner services whilst I looked for different surgery. Just dreaded them. I had to deal with them both for myself and my elderly great aunt. They were callous, abnoxious and unhelpful and incompetent. I have not had an NHS GP for a year and a half.  Just did things privately when I could afford it but the sudden allergy meant I had to join temporarily. I agree there are good ones out there somewhere. The GP I saw is about to retire unfortunately but he was efficient.

My father was a GP. Retired now. So I do understand about time contraints. I remember he would see every patient who turned up until 8pm at night. It was a busy London practice and not a 2 day week for a 6 figure salary as is the case now. He had over 5000 patients on his books then but he loved helping people. Even now his patients remember him kindly.

The predisolone has calmed down the allergy. My eyes and face are not swollen and itchy anymore thank god. I'll delay my next treatment cycle I think.

How are things with you?

Babyhopeful so sorry about the your miscarriage. I have heard Dr Brozen in Coventry does tests/treatment on OPK.

xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1816 on: 21/01/19, 12:44 »
    Hello everyone, thanks for the tips on how to get a lining to thicken! I am still reading but trying not to type much as I have tennis elbow (self diagnosis). Finally got a gp appointment but who knows how long it will take to get a physiotherapy one. I am worried that this impacts implantation as it's an inflammation. I know that the uterus is far away from my arm but still! Do you girls think it would be fine to transfer? I am off to Coventry as we speak to get a scratch. I am not supposed to take prednisolone but I will ask again today if I can as wonder if this could also help my tennis elbow.

On the one Vs two ET chat I'd be for 1 at a time just cause I'd like to increase my chances. Also as I was told that if one is abnormal then the body may try and get rid of it and accidentally gets rid of the second embryo at the same time. Or could you let 2 x day 3 develop to day 5 and then they weed themselves out naturally if need be? If both good on day 5 then you know the chances of twins may be increased

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1817 on: 21/01/19, 13:55 »
    D14po/d11pt
    Quantitative Beta-Hcg.   <1.0 IU/L

That is pretty clear to me, BFN  :'(

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1818 on: 21/01/19, 14:01 »
    Queenie I am really sorry sorry. It is gutting to get a bfn when  you have input a good embryo. Sending you a massive hug. You have a couple of great blasts still frozen, something to keep in mind.  ^hugme^

Offline NOV12

modify
    « Reply #1819 on: 21/01/19, 15:37 »
    Thank you so much to everyone who gave their thoughts, I really appreciate it and it's incredible helpful to hear from women in the same/similar situations.

I think I'm leaning back towards one at a time, or at least one to start with. I've never had a medicated FET so i think I'll take it slow just in case the drugs don't agree with me etc. If they thaw and make it to transfer, these six will be our last try with my eggs, we definitely ready to move on to donor if we're unsuccessful, so there's no huge time pressure...although I'm def not getting any younger!

To those who have had good news recently - huge congratulations, it really does give hope! And to those who are still battling with this total and utter nightmare - stay strong and look after yourselves. I truly hope things will improve for us all in 2019.

You all seem to know so much, but if anyone has any questions about natural modified IVF at Create I'd v happy to share my experiences, please do ask x