* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124930 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1860 on: 28/01/19, 22:38 »
wow, lots of activity!

Helen, congrats on having two gorgeous embryos on board... Re. aspirin, Dr Ozturk said that for implantation, there's almost no correlation between taking it and success, but if anything, it's a mildly negative correlation. He did say there's not much in it, though. But once you have a BFP, baby aspirin does help prevent things like preeclampsia, so that's the time to start, I think... I'm sorry you're feeling low. I think it's many things, including knowing that you really are on your own, at least for now (apart from your mum who seems lovely!) It's a tough realisation... And then there's also, unless you change your mind you have your final OE embryos on board. Finally, if you get pregnant how are you ever going to trust that it's working out? And yet I really really hope you do get pregnant and that it does work out that it just keeps surprising you week by week. For now, just be super-kind to yourself... And best of luck!

chini: hope you're ok...

Sunshine: once your bleed is done and any haematomas are confirmed gone, you might want to think about starting baby aspirin--according to my doc, it helps avoid deep-vein thrombosis and preeclampsia... I hope it's getting lighter every day, and that this is all the bleeding you'll see for the rest of your pregnancy!

katkat: if the oestrogen suppresses you properly, as I understand it there's no harm in waiting. It's only if, like Helen, you ovulate despite the oestrogen--then your body will automatically start producing progesterone, which will throw your timing. I think it happens to about 10% of women... Maybe that's why they want to check you early, just to make sure there's no follicle growing.

Shady: I'm sorry you're feeling nervous and negative... I can't blame you. You've been through so much... Personally, I feel encouraged by your all-clear in the colonoscopy--I feel it's the beginning of good things for you--but again, I totally get where you are... I'm glad you feel your relationship with your DH is stronger, though. I think it's the same in my case... I hope the book club went well! And great idea, pulling a sickie for a few days--I so hope this transfer is finally it for you!

Interesting Helen, katkat, and Shady are all having insomnia, waking up at 4-5am... I am, too, weirdly. I've thought it's because it's been so cold and, especially, so dry.

Here's hoping for a good night's sleep for all of us...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1861 on: 28/01/19, 22:58 »
    Apologies as this is just a really quick message.

Briss - Iím really sorry to hear your news. I understand that things are overwhelming at the moment, but you are super strong and will get through this difficult time. Iím sending you lots of hugs xx In response to your queries about cramping on my first and second rounds I experienced cramping after ET. The first round may have been a result of insufficient progesterone and the second round was a 2 day transfer, so I think my uterus hadnít recovered from EC. I would go with Klikís  suggestion and think about upping the progesterone or trying a bit of prednisolone, or both. I have definitely learned that cramping immediately after transfer isnít a good sign for me as with my BFP the only cramping I experienced was around the time my first period would have been due. I think you mentioned before about not having a full bladder before ET. On the third round my bladder wasnít that full and the nurses had difficulties in getting the catheter into the uterus, it took several attempts and I think my poor cervix and uterus were probably traumatised. On my last round my bladder was super full and the catheter went in like a dream - it was the quickest transfer to date, I think this contributed to a successful implantation.

Helenbeau - I took clexane without aspirin on my third round, but on my last round I took aspirin up to a few days before EC and then again after ET. I think it acts as an anti inflammatory as well as a blood thinner, so is often prescribed in addition to clexane. Also please donít be too disheartened- I think you have a good chance xx

Also I had really bad insomnia initially on prednisolone and progesterone, but it did settle down.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1862 on: 29/01/19, 11:11 »
    Thanks Klik and babyhopeful. Good to know about the baby aspirin. Still not sure whether to take it. Maybe Iíll take half 😂
    Sorry to keep posting, I feel like Iím on here all the time at the moment talking about myself...but Iím at the airport and my brain is in overdrive.
    Just another one which is interesting...Serum have put me on Estrogen 6mg a day. Iíve never heard this before during tww and they want you to carry on if you get a bfp. Why do you think they do this through tww?

And for all of the insomniacs at the moment...Kat Iím taking Estrogen again sů could be that but I did have it last tww and pregnancy and wasnít on the Estrogen. Whoís having mental dreams too? Mine are off the wall and I feel like Iím in and out of sleep all night with crazy dreams in between which I feel awake in. I hate it.

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1863 on: 29/01/19, 12:08 »
    Helenbeau- I was on oestrogen too in the tww and beyond once I had a BFP. I was taking Elleste Solo x 2 daily. Iím not sure what dosage that is though. Have a safe flight x 

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1864 on: 29/01/19, 12:32 »
    We could all meet up at 4am and have a decaf coffee together ;D

Helen no idea about the estrogen. But the dreams are defo from the progesterone, I get them every time i take them, it's like a really crazy mental film! And sometimes turn ehm raunchy

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1865 on: 29/01/19, 14:58 »
    Shady - hope you are feeling better. I had insomnia too on prednisolone. No raunchy dreams though Katkat.  ;D

Klik Ė great news about your pregnancy. Just take care of yourself and indulge in lovely things and thoughts. Katkatís advice sounds like the ticket ie just presenting them with the cute bundle. Lol.  ^reiki^ xx

Babyhopeful Ė Sending big hugs  ^hugme^. Sometimes every challenge in this IVF road nudges us to re-think what to do next as we learn more about our bodies. x

Helen Ė congrats. Like you I had conflicting advice about aspirin. So sorry about your experience with Serum. Not great. Penny is great but some of her staff not as competent. I was shouted at when I went there to collect meds a few years ago by one of their nurses for simply writing down instructions! She wanted me to hurry and not write anything. Problem is since this IVF issue has arisen I find it difficult to keep anything in my head unless I write it down.

Chini- my DH is the same. He is a pessimist and I am an optimist. When he is being pessimistic I give him space and do positive things away from him. Once I clear my head, then I use the snuggle routine and tell him again how important it is to me he is positive. I also gave him Zeta westís book on how to get pregnant etc. It is hard for both in the relationship. I completely agree with Klik. It is really important not to have a row if poss. You need to keep your positive focus on your next cycle and your future bundle of joy.

I no longer give DH a blow by blow account of each blood test etc. I prepare him just before each cycle IVF. Different people cope in different ways I guess. I have found a way of screening his negatives out. Did the same when I was learning to drive with my male instructor who kept yapping in my ear. Can come in really useful sometimes.  :) ::) I only noticed him when he screetched in fright as i made another wrong turn.  ;D Only joking.

Briss Ė so sorry about the BFN. X

Poppy Ė sending good wishes to you. X

Katkat, Lotsy, Sunshine, MSJ and anyone I have missed. Wishing you all the very bestĖ x

AFM: help!! re lost script and if anyone knows of a good pharmacy in London for fertility meds.

I sent off a script for a yearís supply of Levothyroxine to Ali's pharmacy in Watney St, London- together with cheque last week, following a conversation with them. I am in Scotland. [ I did this last year, no problems].

Rang just now and they claimed no-one had a conversation with me about paying for my script via cheque. They said they had not received anything. Suggested I re-send a scanned copy of a script I no longer have, to a yahoo email, which I do not feel is secure in terms of security.

I cancelled the cheque with my bank just now. Completely stressed. I donít know why every little admin puke thing makes me panic.
    Please can anyone suggest a good pharmacy for fertility meds. Local Asda will not do it. 

Blue x

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1866 on: 29/01/19, 21:43 »
    Babyhopeful: interesting... I don't think I had any side-effects from prednisolone apart from allergy symptom relief! It does tend to keep you awake, though, so taking it first thing in the morning is best... How are you? I hope you're doing all right, as much as possible...

Helen: re. aspirin, there's just no conclusive evidence, as I understand it... re. oestrogen, starting in the 2ww sounds pretty sensible to me, to the limited extent that I understand this process... And re. insomnia, I tend to remember my dreams more if I manage to fall asleep again after that 4-5am wakefulness...

katkat: I love the image of us getting together at 4am for some decaf coffee!

Blue: thanks! Ugh, I'm so sorry the pharmacy lost the script and your check! That is truly irritating!!! CRGH was using Healthcare at Home for a while (not sure if that's still the case), so I went with that... I think other gals here have experience with potentially marginally cheaper options? There is an ASDA at driveable distance that I tried once, but OMG they were so darn clueless I wanted to climb the walls. I found the HAH people much easier to deal with... Good luck...

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1867 on: 29/01/19, 21:47 »
    Blue dolphin you could try fertility 2 you. I haven't used them myself yet though. Apparently the delivery fee is high but the costs of the meds low.

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #1868 on: 29/01/19, 23:59 »
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for all the wellcomes and well wishes.

Blue, do you have a soft copy of your prescription or can you get one from your clinic? If so, as Katkat says, you could email it to fertility2u.co.uk - they accept prescriptions via email and then send an online form for your clinic to sign - I got my meds sorted in a day with them and my prescription was from Athens. Delivery was £35.

Helen, your progesterone of 70 during the 2ww sounds great to me.

Briss, I hope your interview went well and you are feeling a bit better about things.

Chini, thanks for the positive message about AFC, Iím trying to convince myself itís the case. Iím sorry I donít know what the levels should be after the pill but my guess is that you donít want to have high estrogen or LH before starting a cycle so in that case your numbers look good.

Hi to Babyhopeful, Klik, Lottsy, Sunshine, Katkat and anyone else I missed x

Afm, I got the dreaded immune results and my TNFa is high at 44.6. Only spoken to the nurse so far but sheís 99% sure Iíll have to take Humira. Doctorís call on Thursday so will know more by then but likely cycle will be delayed by 2 months. Trying to calm myself down with thinking itís a good thing that a reason has finally been found and can be treated and that it means itís likely not egg quality that is the problem but I know I will be a nervous wreck in the upcoming 2 (hopefully not more) months of waiting. Iíve also calmed down about my AFC a bit after what Chini said and I also read that AFC can reduce after IVF and then climb back up. To prepare for my long wait, Iíve ordered Alan Beerís book and am looking into supplements for immune issues.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1869 on: 30/01/19, 13:34 »
    Poppy, sorry about your result, I donít know much about humira, is it a daily injection you take?

Shady, good that you are going to take a few days off to rest after your transfer, You is also quite good on Netflix if you havent seen it yet.

Iíve been struggling quite a bit with everything, since my bleed last week I almost feel resigned to the fact that this pregnancy just isnít going to work out, I canít help but feel exceptionally negative. It hasnít helped being around the pregnant girl at my work who is so relaxed with it all, her only complaint seems to be that her bump is making her feel fat!! The excitement of pregnancy is another thing that this infertility journey takes from us. Iíve been telling DH all along not to get excited or get his hopes up so we havenít really been speaking about it, but then on Monday I had a huge meltdown and rang him from work crying asking why he isnít interested in the baby or happier about it etc. My poor DH, obviously he has only been acting that way because Iíve told him to, nevermind that hes been doing all the cooking/cleaning since we found out. I never expected my anxiety to get this bad with it all and I donít even feel I can ring the midwife as my actual MW is off sick for the next few weeks and the one I met was just a stand in so they donít get a back log. Iíve been trying to stay off the internet/social media, other than this thread, as its just fueling my worries. To top it off Iíve started bleeding again this morning, Iíve booked another private can for this evening so we will see 😢 Iím sorry to moan on here, but I just need to get it off my chest xx