* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124696 times)

0 Members

Offline Poppy1981

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1870 on: 30/01/19, 15:43 »
Sunshine, Iím sorry youíre feeling this way, and totally understand how you feel with the pregnant colleague, I have two near me right now! Sounds like your DH is providing excellent support though and is able to deal with all your mood changes. I know itís easier said than done but maybe try to think that more positivity will be good for the baby? Iím sure if I ever get pregnant Iíd be a total nervous wreck though so completely understand. I hope youíll start feeling more confident soon xxx

Humira is an injection which should reduce cytokines - I think there are only two syringes in total but you need to take them 2 weeks apart, then you have to wait 3 weeks, then retest immunes. Total process adds up to about 8 weeks I think, and then if it hasnít gone down enough by then I may need another course. I donít mind doing it at all it is just that you canít cycle while on it and so it delays starting at least until beginning of April and with low AMH it is not what I want...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1871 on: 30/01/19, 21:34 »
    Helen, welcome back to the UK! Hope work today was ok. How are you feeling, yes the hormones are a killer. You think you're prepared for the effects after this many rounds and being all rational, then they sneak up on you.....Transfer is supposed to be on Fri, if the embryos defrost ok tomorrow. I'm not guaranteeing anything though with our luck. Or there'll be a snowstorm and we can't get to London!!!

KatKat and Klik, haha, yes I love the idea of our insomniacs anonymous decaff coffee sessions! Maybe we can do it by Skype! I have been having very bizarre dreams too. Main problem is I seem to have no bladder control anymore, so have to get up in the middle of the night and then can't go back to sleep afterwards.

BlueDolphin, that's so stressful about your drugs. I had heard good things about Ali's so I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. I have only used Asda and Lister's pharmacy, so sorry I can't advise

Sunshine, it's honestly such a rollercoaster. I personally found it so hard to relax and you have to remember the hormones can also send you a bit loopy and it's really hard to control them. When I look back at 2017 I was a basket case for most of the year with that many rounds of IVF then being pregnant. Your DH sounds amazing! Mine won't let me take a break for anything so I have been cleaning the house from top to bottom the past couple of days so that I don't have to lift a hoover over the 2WW. I hope your scan this evening went well and gave you some reassurance. Keeping everything crossed. I blitzed 'You' over the Christmas holidays! It was seriously addictive - I'd read the book before and they did a pretty good job of bringing it to screen. Plus the lead guy was HOT!!!

Poppy, aah, that's gutting about the Humira. I'm so sorry. The waiting will be frustrating, but perhaps you can use the opportunity to get yourself in top health for a cycle in April, and take supplements etc for egg quality in the meantime as they take a couple of months to have a full effect too.

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #1872 on: 31/01/19, 10:22 »
    Reply Re Pharmacies: Thank you my lovelies for your kind advice re pharmacies

Poppy Ėjust received a soft copy of script from the clinic. They are happy to send another hard copy. So sorry to hear about your high TNFa. Beer's book is well worth the read. I ordered mine from WorldofBooks - second hand but cheaper than Amazon - only cost £2.69, free delivery.

Shady Ė I think Aliís used to be owned by Yassar Latif and was bought over by someone else. I used them last year and had no problems so it might just be issues with personnel just now. I did not get into an argument with him, going by the 'go to the balcony' philosophy and my 'positve' at all cost new years resolution.  :)

Levothyroxine, 50 mcg per day:
    I was quoted £7 per box [12 month supply] plus £15 delivery from Aliís pharmacy = £99
    Received an emailed quote from Pharmacy2u just now for £8.50 per box [free delivery!] =£105 [also Pharmacy2u accepts cheques.]. So roughly translates.  Phew!

Sometimes it may be better to go to bigger outfits. Note to self Ė always send original scripts by recorded delivery. Wonít make that mistake again.

Sunshine122- sending you big hugs. Completely sympathise. ^hugme^ x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1873 on: 1/02/19, 15:24 »
    Sunshine, am really sorry you're struggling so much at the moment. And I really hope your scan went well!

Shady, hope all is going well with you and you're now in your 2ww, Are you doing hcg booster shots?

Poppy so sorry as I have no idea ab out immune results and humira, but hope you won't need it after all?

Blue glad you sorted out the meds. Thanks for the overview on prices. What a stress though!

AFM finally had my tennis elbow seen to by a GP. Now I need to wait 3-4 weeks for a letter from the central booking system to then call a number to then arrange a physio appointment who knows when  ;D  It is super painful ugh. Disappointingly I still haven't had a reply from Dr Brosens if I can take prednisone. Should I just take it anyway? Basically I have normal (borderline raised) uNK cells, so was told initially to take 20mg. Then when I retested they were about the same, maybe a bit less and was told research has changed and my results now mean I should not take any at all. My question is if I take a medium dose like 10mg I cannot really do any harm can I?

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1874 on: 2/02/19, 06:00 »
    hey, gals! I figured I'd make use of my insomnia for something, so here I am!

Poppy: hi! Re. AFC fluctuation, that absolutely happened to me... I also went from a state where I could only get one-maybe-two eggs (which sometimes wouldn't even fertilise) to a great-looking cycle a year later where I got four "good" ones (none of them took, though, so ho, hum). But yes, fluctuation definitely can happen... Re. Humira, I'm really sorry... FWIW, I had an elevated TNF-alpha ratio but CRGH doesn't offer Humira, so I was on prednisolone and sometimes also intralipids... but I wasn't on anything immunes-related for this BFP, apart from turmeric supplements, which I read somewhere is associated with a decrease in TNF-alpha ratios. I stopped right after the BFP, though, as most supplements don't have their safety tested for pregnancy. I guess it didn't hurt in getting the BFP in the first place, so maybe something to look into? Anyway, what I really wanted to ask you was this: is an elevated TNF-alpha ratio a concern for egg quality/quantity or only for the uterine environment? If the latter, perhaps you can freeze some embryos before taking the few-month Humira delay? Though as Shady pointed out, supplements do take a while to have some effect, so maybe the delay could be useful? So hard to know how to measure age against everything else...

Sunshine, I'm sorry you're feeling so low... I'm glad your DH is able to be responsive to your needs--that must help, though of course it would be ideal if he could read your mind! Regardless of how your scan went, I wonder whether it would make sense for you to get some psychotherapy, or some counselling... I do have that support, myself, and I find it invaluable. It's been a long and painful road, and while I'm very happy and hopeful, I'm also very apprehensive, and those emotions are very tough to manage. Even with help I still have little tolerance of others' idiosyncrasies, and I shudder to think how miserable I'd feel and how insufferable I'd be without the support I have... All that aside, I have high hopes that your scan went well, and that you, your DH, and your baby will get through this pregnancy healthily and, with time, happily. Best of luck...

Shady: Do you think your bladder misbehaving is related to the meds you're on? Or did it start beforehand? Either way, decaf-Skype-meetings sound nice! To the important bit... Do you have a couple of embryos on board?! I really hope so, and I hope this is your time... Step by step--first, surviving the 2ww (and well done for prepping for that ahead of time)... Best of luck with that... Be good to yourself!

Blue: I'm glad Pharmacy2u isn't too much more expensive... So unsettling to have an original script and a check be lost, though... Will you get all your thyroxine at once? Mine never lasts for a year--it always expires at most, like, 6 months in the future. I hope phramacy2u is on top of that, but do check just in case, if you haven't yet!

katkat: ugh, the process of getting your tennis elbow sorted appears almost as painful as the tennis elbow itself... I'm sorry... Re. prednisolone, 10mg sounds like not much... What they seem to do as a matter of course in the US, immunes numbers notwithstanding, is prescribe a pretty low dose (16mg, IIRC) for just four days, starting the day before transfer. I'm not sure what the exact purpose is, but my one IVF BFP was with that protocol, so I am intrigued by it... It also occurs to me that your one BFP was while on prednisolone, so personally I'd be quite attached to that (though it's hard to know what actually did help...)

AFM: my mum's visiting, just for a week, so naturally I found an excuse to have a scan and drag her along to it (turned 18 weeks yesterday). My excuse was good, I think: no spotting for a week, so maybe the haematoma is gone and I can take some exercise and BD and take the baby aspirin that's supposed to help prevent bad things from happening. The little one is fine, fortunately... There's blood in the amniotic fluid, which made me feel for the little guy, but the doc said that's entirely expected after this type of bleed and not harmful at all. The haematoma has shrunken a lot, but it's still there. So I got the thumbs up for yoga, but for nothing else. I know one's sex life is shot after a baby is born, but that's started much earlier for us! Anyway, all for a good cause--there are definitely rare but true horror stories of women going into early labour after intercourse, and that thought is pretty terrifying. Still, I cannot wait to do some yoga. My body is craving some sort of exercise beyond just walking--my back, in particular, would love a good stretch... I'd do a sun salutation right now if I knew that was safe for pregnancy...

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #1875 on: 2/02/19, 13:23 »
    Klik, thank you - funnily I too have insomnia and read your post at 6.19am! Donít know what the reason for mine might be, pre-treatment stress most likely :( So glad to hear your pregnancy is progressing well and all great news the little one and no spotting. Thank you for your story about AFC fluctuation too, I know it happens to people, just never happened to me (always just went down) so I wasnít sure itís possible with low AMH.

Blue, glad you got your meds sorted. My Alan Beerís book was also second hand, a bit more expensive than yours at £3.25 hehe. Iím definitely finding it a good read.

Katkat, sorry about your elbow. I think you can definitely take prednisone, I donít think it can harm but it certainly gives you insomnia at higher doses as Iím sure you know. Sorry I donít know what the right dose would be for your results, I can only tell you that Lister wanted to prescribe 25mg for me just empirically so most likely 10mg or even 15mg is ok. Also going off it cold turkey is a big no and even if you want to reduce the dose you need to do it gradually, like 20 mg for two days, then 15mg for 2 days, then 10...

Shady, thanks! Iím looking to expand my already long list of supplements, most frustratingly ARGC donít let me take DHEA and are very strict about it. Iím currently on pregnacare, omega3, royal jelly, ubiquinol, probiotics and vitamin D. I have bought turmeric also but ARGC again say they donít trust it, I might secretly take it though... Do you have any other recommendations for general egg quality/high TNFa?

Hi to Sunshine, Helen, Babyhopeful, Lottsy, Briss, Chini and anyone else whose stories I havenít learned yet - hope youíre all ok.

Afm, spoke to ARGC doctor who didnít tell me much that I donít already know - need humira next week, another humira in 2 weeks, retest 3 weeks after that, basically takes 2 full cycles. I did ask about an all freeze embryo banking cycle due to low AMH and AFC but she didnít seem to think itís a good idea, they think I have a better chance if my TNFa is in order. According to Alan Beerís book this is true, he says high TNFa affects embryo quality and he recommends for women to ovulate out the eggs damaged by TNFa before cycling... so itís not just uterine receptivity sadly. On the other hand, in my previous BFN cycle our day 3 embryos were perfect quality, so Iím not sure how this all adds up...  It is worrying though that I might be wasting time with this since I have now heard a few stories like Klikís when a non immune treatment resulted in a BFP...

In any case, I tell myself my reason for going with ARGC was because I heard so many great things about their cycle monitoring and personalisation of protocols Iíd find it hard to go elsewhere now without trying them, also the doctor calmed me down that success rates at my age are still pretty good even with low AMH and AFC, she put them at about 35% as opposed to 50% for a 37 year old with normal AMH. She also said my FSH is good so I should respond well. So, I agreed to Humira, apparently in 70% of people it works to reduce TNFa first time. If any of you have any advice on what else I could do during the 2 months of waiting in terms of improving egg quality/overall health or any experience with immunes it would be great.

Sorry for the long post, wishing everyone a lovely weekend xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1876 on: 2/02/19, 16:29 »
    Some further update from me and I am sorry ladies for yet another selfish post. Last 3 weeks have really tested my limits trying to find a new job, preparing for interview (btw thank you ladies I think it went well) while negotiating redundancy, still doing my old job and most importantly doing all the TTC related stuff with all its ups and downsÖ basically my BFN turned into chemical.

So I tested on 10 DPO and it was a clean BFN, I normally test on 11 dpo but it was a Sunday so I thought Iíll do it a day earlier so I could do bloods if the result is positive (lab is closed on Sunday). Anyway I tested again on 11 dpo cos I wanted to go hard core at the gym and needed to be sure and to my surprise there was a line (granted you really had to work for it in order to see anything and focus your vision but no mistake it was there). You can see my levels below, I also added my other pregnancies for comparison. The levels were low and doubling rate was borderline so it did not look very good from the start. However, what worried me more than HCG was that my other two hormones (Progesterone and oestrogen) were shockingly low compared to previous pregnancies. I think this is either to do with the fact that the pregnancy was not viable or this comes from the fact that the entire cycle was synthetic so my body just failed to produce any hormones naturally. After my first blood test result Munich increased my progesterone and told me to start taking 2X progynova. I personally think might be too late to start taking these hormones after BFP. It also makes me think that pregnancy is a very complex condition and I am sure itís not just progesterone and estrogen that were missing, there must have been other things as well that my body did not do or produce enough of to support the pregnancy. Something that my body did perfectly well on natural IVf cycles. Having said all that I am 90% sure the pregnancy failed due to chromosomal reasons. But (and I am trying to be as positive as I could be considering that I already calculated the due date etc) having chemical is a far more positive result than BFN. If you think about it since I stopped brestfeeding this is my second transfer but this is the first good quality embryo (the first one was an immature egg that matured in the lab and even though it fertilised it was clearly behind in its development). So the first proper transfer and BFP Ė I do think BF was playing a role in failing my previous implantations.

I counted between 2017-2018 I had 16 IVF cycles (both stims and natural) that resulted in total in 16 mature eggs of good quality (morphologically speaking) that resulted in 6 good (looking) embryos (I do not count the transfers that were clearly of sub par embryos) that resulted in 5 BFN (while BF) /1 chemical (after I stopped BF). My plan is to go back to natural IVF. I know I did not have a lot of success with it last year in terms of not produced /collected eggs but at least I know if do get a bfp again my body is more likely to respond properly to support the pregnancy. 

12 DPO: P - 15.4; E- 352; B- 23
    14 DPO: P- 15.9; E- 1553; B- 48
    17 DPO:                      B - 27

MMC
    11 DPO: P- 68.6; E- 673; B- 52
    14 DPO: P- 62.4; E- 1576; B- 178
    21 DPO: P- 46.2; E- 1881; B- 3,207
    35 DPO: P- 27.3; E- 1433; B- 10,582

DD
    11 DPO: P- 57.4; E- 751; B- 16.6
    14 DPO: P- 60; E- 938; B- 86.8
    21 DPO: P- 42.1; E- 1446; B- 2,206
    31 DPO: P- 25.7; E- NA; B- 54,049

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1877 on: 2/02/19, 18:30 »
    Blue - really glad you managed to get things sorted out with Pharmacy4U. How stressful! These things just make the whole process harder than it ought to be, having to trek miles to find places that will stock the drugs, take the prescription from your clinic and get it to you in time.

KatKat, I'm glad you have an apt to sort your tennis elbow out but sorry to hear you are in so much pain. About the prednisolone, that's a tricky one. Obviously, there are minor risks to the baby (such as increased risk of prematurity and low birth weight),  but if you had your only BFP on it, I would be tempted to take it to be on the safe side. My feeling is that 10mg seems low (I'm on 25mg) so I would try and take 20-25mg to give yourself the best chance.

Klik, I'm so very happy that everything is still looking good on the scan and that the haematoma is starting to resolve. That is such a relief. Was it really emotional for your mum to share the scan experience with you? I bet it was, how special for both of you! Understand your frustration about lack of exercise and BDing, it just seems we put our lives on hold for so long for this whole process and it would be wonderful to try and live your life more normally. I worry that if I get pregnant again I will just get really really fat as that happened last time as I couldn't exercise and was just ridiculously hungry from all the steroids. Will you scan again at 20 weeks?

Briss, oh, this is such mixed news, my heart goes out to you. On one hand - yay, a chemical for me would definitely be the best of the 'bad' outcomes (better than a BFN or another miscarriage) and shows real promise, but at the same time must be really gutting, especially to find about the low hormones because then a part of me would wonder if the pregnancy could have progressed had you been on appropriate hormonal support to counter that. Were you taking prontogest or just cyclogest (see my note below?)? I'm glad the interview went well at least and keeping everything crossed for some better news for the next few weeks and months.

Poppy, have you read 'It starts with the egg' by Rebecca Fett? I think you are doing all of the right things, to be honest, I had bad experiences with DHEA, so perhaps ARGC are right to steer clear of it. Not all women respond well, and for some, like me, it made things worse. For me, I found the most noticeable change was supplementing with high levels of ubiquinol (600mg per day) to power up the mitochondria. We actually got to blast after doing that but it could also have been coincidental as lots of things changed that cycle such as changing clinics and improving DH's sperm. In addition, you may want to try melatonin while you are actually stimming, you shouldn't take it long term. Lots of women with immune problems also have poor circulation, so you might want to think about things you can do over the next few months to counter that, such as exercise, acupuncture etc because that will improve blood flow to your ovaries and uterine lining. And also a high protein diet, I started having a protein shake a day as I struggle to get enough protein being a vegetarian.

AFM, so my plans for a relaxing, stress free 2ww are already shot to pieces! We transferred two blasts yesterday, and I had my progesterone levels tested before transfer. Because I had an afternoon transfer, we didn't get the blood results until lunchttime today and my progesterone levels were ridiculously low (7).  So then I had to dash into London to go and pick up prontogest from the clinic, the clinic and pharmacy had already shut so they left the drugs and instructions for me at the main hospital reception and I was hoping and praying all the way there that it would be easy to find and someone would have received the instructions. Thankfully it was, so a 4 hr round trip has left me feeling pretty exhausted. Now I'm worried I wasted two potentially good embryos that I saved for such a long time on less than optimum uterine conditions, but there's absolutely nothing I can do about it. Also, there's the potential that this is what went wrong last time - I was cheekily supplementing with leftover cyclogest on the natural pregnancy, but my body was probably not absorbing it. I feel pretty pessimistic now but the nurse told me it's not too late and prontogest gets absorbed really fast, so I very much hope that's the case.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1878 on: 2/02/19, 18:40 »
    Hi ladies,
    Briss just read your post. So sorry this one didnít make it youíve been through so much recently. There is still hope as you say things are getting better. Iíve been thinking if you because you said you were cramping through tww. I am too.

AfM sorry just a quick one ladies. More or less since my transfer maybe it started 6/7dp5dt Iíve had a pretty constant cramp right on the centre of my pelvis, so bang on the uterus really. Itís not been stabbing but more of a red hot burning sensation inside. It actually reminds me of the pain I felt just before I miscarried. Who knows if this is a good or bad thing, thereís just no way of knowing. I did think my progesterone at 70 seemed very high on transfer day but Iím not sure what measurement serum uses. I never use painkillers ever but Iím getting a bit fed up of the pain now. Should take something and if so what? Iím probably starting to get a bit constipated too with the progesterone so this could be a contributing factor but the hot throbbing sensation really is very central. Could the oestrogen Iím taking be adding to it as thatís the one thing Iíve not had before? X

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1879 on: 2/02/19, 18:44 »
    Hi Shady I was just posting same time as you. Donít worry honey. Inject tonight many maybe tomorrow morning and Iím sure it will pick up super fast. I have the opposite worry, too much progesterone or I could be making that up in my head. Congrats on two blasts on board! Welcome to the tww. Iíd forgotten who much of a pooper trooper it is! Xxx