* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125055 times)

0 Members

Offline Helenbeau

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1880 on: 2/02/19, 19:00 »
Haha, pooper trooper??? I actually used the B-word! X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1881 on: 2/02/19, 19:03 »
    Sorry , you can tell Iím on drugs canít you...I meant 1-2 days post 5dt!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1882 on: 2/02/19, 19:24 »
    Helen, I think this sounds super positive actually! On my last pregnancy I had like a burning sensation in my uterus for days, which I retrospectively believe was the implantation as it can go on for quite a long time. I'm not sure about painkillers though, I think you shouldn't take NSAIDS but I can't remember why. So exciting!

Yes, don't you just love the way FF edits our true words. I was going to call it a head ****! I had a really bizarre dream last night that was like an even sicker version of Watership Down, the rabbits had multiple heads and deformities and were chasing me across a snow covered meadow. Probably doesn't take Freud to work that one out! Good luck my lovely xxx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1883 on: 2/02/19, 22:43 »
    Wow shady that is one f***d up dream  ;D glad transfer went well. Injectables work really fast so I think you'll be fine. But progesterone of 7! After 800mg cyclogest? Thats weird. What measurement is this? Yeah maybe I'll just go and take 20mg of pred...

Helen I would try and live with the pain for now, id be too worried that painkillers had any negative impact on the embryos. Again what measurement is your progesterone value?I am just confused as I was always told that progesterone of 100 would be best.. but maybe there are different measures like pg or pmol etc.70 therefore sounds normal to me.

Briss,who would have thought..I am actually so pleased for you that you had a chemical. I know it's not the outcome you wanted but as you say at least there was implantation. And your progesterone, if that's on the same scale that I was told about, then it's really low. But you did take supplements , right? And glad your interview went well!

Klik I am so very pleased for you that it seems to go so well with the pregnancy! I can totally imagine how you're crazing yoga etc. I really miss it so much, I feel so stiff and lazy right now.

Afm has anyone done hcg boosted shots after a frozen transfer?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1884 on: 2/02/19, 23:14 »
    I just googled this and I think in the UK the progesteronw measurements are Ng/ml and in the Czech Republic and probably Greece (?) They're measured in pmol. How high do UK clinics want the levels to be? If I am told mine should be 100 (I assume pmol) then that's 31 Ng in the UK. Does that sound about right?

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1885 on: 3/02/19, 10:09 »
    Poppy, I second Shadys recommendation of Ďit starts with the eggí, it covers a few different topics that you may not have considered affect egg quality.

Klik, the scan with your mum sounds lovely, bet it was emotional for both of you.

Helen, I think cramps can be a good sign, I had cramps this time around and thought it was a bad sign. Personally I wouldnít take pain killers, unless the pain was really unbearable.

Just my thoughts on progesterone, I take prontogest daily and also 2 x cyclogest. This time around, after my EC before my transfer I was freaking out as last time I was taking this combo and had my levels checked it was about 170 (not sure what unit though), I read that this level was too high but as I had already started in preparation for transfer I did not want to suddenly lower the dose so carried on thinking I had already messed things up with such high a level. Shady, prontogest works really quickly so I am staying positive for you, it is the only thing that gets my levels high, even with lubion my level only got to 19.

Afm, had the scan on Weds, little one was still there trying to wriggle away from the scanner. They saw a 39mm subchorionic hematoma which caused the bleed, I wonder if this is what caused my first massive bleed too rather than my cervix. I just hope the little one can hang on in there. Iíve also had a letter from work saying I need to attend a meeting about my poor attendance as Iíve had 2.5 days off in the last 6 months, which seems crazy considering all thats been going on I could really have taken a lot more. My nuchal scan is a week on Tuesday so hopefully I wonít have any more bleeds before then. Xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1886 on: 3/02/19, 13:30 »
    Ladies, please bear with me while I am trying to catch up with your updates, I missed a lot!

Sunshine, hematoma totally explains the bleed. Is it far from the baby? Seeing blood is horrifying but unfortunately hematomas appear to be so common in pregnancies. Keeping everything crossed your hematoma resolves and the pregnancy continues to thrive.  The poor attendance letter is the last thing you need at the moment. Do they know about your pregnancy at work? But in any event you should have I think around 5 personal days without any medical reason so I really do not know what they are on about. I have to say though that both my redundancies have started with the companies preparing a case for poor performance. I had to tell at work that I am pregnant because it was changing things in terms of redundancy I was considering accepting a less interesting role in a different department in order to keep my maternity pay. I slightly regret now telling anyone because at the moment I really want to take my redundancy pay and leave and take a (paid) 3 months garden leave to sort myself out rather than starting moving to a different department. Best of luck with your nuchal scan!

Helen, I personally think cramps is a good sign but in reality itís 50/50 it could be a sign of an embryo trying and either succeeding or failing to implant. Although on 6/7dp5dt you should be able to see it on FRER. Overall what you described sounds positive so I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. With regards to estrogen on this particular cycle I really should have been on estrogen after ET because my hormones were suppressed after long protocol and even when I had implantation my estrogen levels were lower than what they should have been. I guess whether to take estrogen depends on the kind of protocol you have been. And you know dreams can actually be very telling, the reason I decided to test again is because I had this wired dream, I saw very large vegetables growing like butternut squash but very large and like grapes on the same branch. All of them were bear except for one which was covered in some kind of green vegetation. Then I saw it opening up and there was a baby in there! So I guess your body does know there is an implantation happening well before you doÖ weird. 

Kat, thanks. I am still waiting to start feeling depressed about chemical but I cant actually. When I saw BFN I was in pieces it really was so traumatic I struggled to deal with it because it meant I needed to start investigating the reason for implantation failure and as you know itís such a vast area, you do not know where to start. In that sense chemical tells me itís to do with egg quality so we can carry on doing what we are doing and just hoping we come across a good egg at some point. 

My progesterone was in ng. all labs use different scale but I always convert in ng for ease of reference. So at the start of implantation (11 DPO) my progesterone levels would be around 180 - 220 nmol/L which roughly translates into 57-70 ng/ml. so obviously my current level of 15 ng was not even close to my previous levels. The same stands for estrogen. I was raking 3x200 a day of progestin vaginally (the same was in my pregnancy but previously it was more than enough whereas now I had to up this dose to 3x300 and then even higher cos despite increasing the dose my progesterone levels did not increase very much.

Sorry Iíve never done hcg boosted shots so not sure whether they work.

Shady, is your progesterone in ng? if so I do not think 7 is low at all. ET date is not even half way through TWW so progesterone is still on its way up. to me it seems like a totally normal level. Iíve been using a German version of vaginal cyclogest. I never used prontogest. In previous pregnancies 3x200 of vaginal a day was enough to support a viable pregnancy. I do not remember if this was a synthetic cycle with your natural hormones suppressed or not? I did not realise it before but it looks like in these types of medicated cycles like long protocol even in pregnancy your natural hormones behave differently (itís like they are still suppressed) so I think itís good that you increased your dose before implantation. Having said that your blood levels will not necessarily reflect how much of the vaginal stuff you absorbed but I am sure whatever you are taking is enough. If you are worried do test on 11 dpo to check your progesterone/estrogen.  What else are you taking?  I am so hoping that your blasts will implant and grow. Keeping everything crossed!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1887 on: 3/02/19, 21:37 »
    Kat, re Prednisone Ė I would not take it lightly, itís a very serious immune drag with all kinds of side effects. Obviously you are not taking it long term and in higher doses but still I would be very careful. My mum has a serious autoimmune condition and had to be on prednisone long term. She went on to develop diabetes type 2 which is a very common side effect of prednisone. It makes me think this drag causes you to put on weight so if you are on it watch what you eat.

Poppy, your sup list look sufficient to me. One thing Iíd do is to replace pregnacare with a food based prenatal. Pregnacare is a synthetic multi vit but particularly for B12 and Folate itís important to take a different form for better absorption. For example, unlike cyanocobalamin (synthetic B12), methylcobalamin is a naturally occurring form of vitamin B12. You just need to check the label to see what form you have. I take raw prenatal garden of life but I am sure there are plenty of others. My personal view is that perharbs except for coq10/ubiquinol there is not much you can take to improve your egg quality. Itís really back to basics, eat well (reduce processed food, more fruit and veg etc), do some exercise to ensure your blood moves and brings nutrient to the body parts that matter (TMI I personally think the only exercise you need to do is the one that ends with an orgasm, they are super important as it reminds the body to bring blood to that area and keeps the big M away). Fish oils/ omegas are great but make sure your fish oil in not made from fish liver (they tend to have vitamin A). I tend to take wild Alaskan fish oil before ET and ďbump and gloryĒ after ET. Not every fish oil is safe in pregnancy.

Re immunes, I personally struggle with this area, immunes are so complex. I did read Alan Beerís book but I am none the wiser. I would personally still bank embryos particularly if you create good quality ones. But this is just my view because I hate waiting and feel like wasting opportunities. But my own example contradicts it because I spent 1.5 years doing back to back natural IVf EC/ET with not a sniff of a bfp as it now appears probably due to me breastfeeding during that time. I could create embryos but they would not implant. In hindsight I should have just bankÖ because now I did get a bfp but it took me 9 months to create a good embryo. I hope ARGC can help you I have heard good things about their immune protocols.

Klik,  itís so good that you were able to share that scan moment with your mum.18 weeks is a good time as there is lots to see. Btw, itís so strange that Dr Jurkovic did not catch your adhesions, makes you think. When I thought it was a bfn, DH and I decided that hysteroscopy might be our next step to explore implantation. I am relieved we can carry on without I really struggle with invasive investigations they never really helped in my case and occasionally made things worse.

Blue, what a pharmacy nightmare! I tend to buy my meds abroad because I cycle abroad but occasionally I do need to get stuff in London at short notice and without prescription. Itís hit and miss but mostly I have to pay extra to get it and need some extra time to source it. I never tried ordering on line or by post. Aliís comes out cheaper than most but I always go there in person if I am lucky to have a hard copy of the prescription that is.

Babyhopeful, thanks for your kind words. Itís interesting that you connect cramps with low progesterone. I did not know there was a connection. Certainly true in my case. I personally do not think the day of transfer matters. My DD resulted from a day 2 2 cell embryo transfer. In fact my first 3 bfps all were day 2 transfers. And my progesterone was sky high. But they were also natural IVf cycles so my natural hormones were not shut unlike this cycle. Also interesting about a full bladder before ET. This is basically my worst nightmare, I really struggle with full bladder (even half full balder). My first IVF/BFP was a day two transfer with a full bladder and this was torture for me, as soon as I was out I went straight to loo and peed so hard I was convinced I somehow peed my embryo out (if I did not get BFP I would still be convinced about that). One thing I absolutely love about German/Czech clinics is that they do not ask you to have a full bladder for ET. I had an empty bladder in my other 3 BFPs including the last one. One thing I completely agree with you that a manner of ET determines the success to a very large extent. I started to do 3 days transfers (as opposed to my usual 2 day ET) and even considered a day 5 transfer just so my doc was there to do it himself. some of my traumatic transfers that had some bleeding/spotting were always BFNs. Any kind of manipulation with cervix always a BFN. Only straightforward, blood free ET resulted in BFPs. Having said this my last transfer did have a moment where I felt the catheter slipped out but obviously it did not.

Shady, btw the book I mentioned the gene eating is indeed by Giles Yeo. He makes a lot of sense to me. He was accused of giving fat people an excuse not to diet (as it effectively pointless) but I disagree. I feel this knowledge of how genes work made me free. In fact I am more careful about my food choices. I started feeling less obsessed about losing weight and more focused on quality of what I eat. I think ive accepted that the price for going back to size 6-8 I always was is just too high. I changed my strategy (i) be happy with my current size I mean honestly 8-10 is OK (although cos I am petit it looks more like 12 for me but even then itís normal); (ii) more exercise, I was never concerned about exercise because it really does not help very much to lose weight compared to restricting food intake. But now that I am less concerned about weight loss I am keen to explore other benefits of exercise. (iii) improved quality of food. Now that I do not need to focus on reducing calories and coping with constant hunger I can just eat a larger variety of good foods. Thanks for recommending Sex Education, Iíve been looking for something fun to watch during my garden leave  howís your book club?

Chini, your baseline numbers looked totally fine to me. AFC of 14 sounds particularly promising. Your oestradiol 74 pmol/L is OK and I would not think you are over suppressed. These are rather hash things your DP said but I guess itís good he can openly say whatís bothering him. Men tend to block their feelings which is not healthy so at least he had a let out. I do not think he lost hope at all, itís just his fear of failure that he probably struggles with. DH and I went through so many failed cycles that failure is somehow an accepted state of things (even more so than healthy if you ask me). Still, Iíd rather your DP did not say these things to you just before your cycle. They tend to stay and play on your mind. Maybe try meditation? You need to renew your faith in your body, do some visualization of implantation, pregnancy, baby growing comfortably in your uterus Ė imagine it as perfectly comfortable and warm environment. I used to do these visualisations every cycle, they did not help me get pregnant but they kept me going despite negativity that was coming from a lot of clinics. I still thought of myself as fertile and could easily imagine myself pregnant. But I totally appreciate how difficult it is to block out negativity particularly when itís from someone so close to you.

re inflammation, of course if you feel milk does not agree with you than genetic thing does not really matter. Do you have adenomyosis? Sounds very serious, is it similar to endometriosis? Are you still able to do medicated IVf cycle or does it get worse? Btw I totally agree with you about the current industrial farming system but itís not just milk is it? Any food goes through this process and exposed to all sorts of things I personally do not think you are getting any better deal by sticking to fruit and veg, they are supposed to be healthier options but are they really? In this day and age you just have no idea whatís safe to eat. I always struggle cos even organic options are rather questionable. But then I suppose in some other countries things are even worse.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1888 on: 3/02/19, 21:58 »
    Chini, sorry I did not repond to your question about scanning places but you found them, they are exactly what I use. Pathlab are probably the best for same day bloods; I do my scans at ultrasound direct or occasionally at birth company (the one you found) which is a bit more expensive. Btw I did not realize the severity of your condition and how much painkillers you have to take. Poor you! But in all honestly I do not think this is relevant to your cycle whatever the amount you took before that. Whatís relevant is what you take after ET. Do you normally take any painkillers after ovulation? If so I would look into changing meds to the ones you can take in pregnancy. I am sure your eggs are fine (more than fine, perfect!) but neither ibuprofen nor codein should be taken in pregnancy as far as I know. Also I note you did your hysteroscopy+laparoscopy St Mary's London. I did as well and honestly I was not impressed. The fact that they could not remove the septum tells me you need to seek second opinion. Iíd check out Klikís docs as they seems to be very good in uterine issues. If they can fix it you might be able to get pregnant naturally. In the meantime Iíd totally consider banking embryos. You have excellent AFC, with the right protocol you can get quite a few eggs /embryos.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1889 on: 3/02/19, 22:41 »
    Queenie, I am so sorry about your BFN. How are you holding up? I cannot recall where I got it from but for some reason I only count 8 cell embryos as good quality for day 3 but there is also fragmentation to consider. My recent BFP was a truly perfect looking 8 cell, no fragmentation and each cell was virtually identical but even then I guess there was not enough to form chromosomal lines or something else was missing for division. In your case Iíd be inclined to think this was due to embryo failing to divide rather than implantation failure. When I did my first estrogen priming I had 2 8 cells from two dominant follicles and one 7 cell that I did not even expect to fertilise cos it came from something that appeared to be a cyst but I do think this 7 cell had no chance whether inside my uterus or outside in the lab. I am glad you have a plan.  I am also thinking of going to Brno next. This is because we are beginning to run out of frozen sperm in Munich but also if I am on garden leave I can spend more time in brno and perhaps save on doing scans there. I take your point about high LH, I did think that this could also be an explanation of my previous failed cycles, even when we had embryos we always had high LH often from the start of the cycle so who knows what it does to egg quality.