* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125054 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1890 on: 5/02/19, 11:47 »
Briss: thanks! Adhesions are tricky to spot unless you expand the uterus with a liquid... I remember your experience with hysteroscopies was really not good, and I'm glad you have good reason to have faith in your uterus again... Oh, I'm so sorry about the dashed hopes... Impossible not to start dreaming when you see that BFP! I'm sorry... but barring that, yes, I'm with most people here--I think the best kind of no-baby cycle is a chemical... hopefully you're right and you just needed some time away from BF for your body to find its feet again... Very hard to know how successful this would have been had it been a natural cycle--perhaps you would have ovulated early again, or perhaps your hormones would have been where you needed them to be... I'm pretty upset that Munich wasn't a bit more on top of your hormones, given that this was LP and your body was kept from doing its natural thing... that said, by far most chemicals are indeed chromosomal, so I'm really glad you have renewed faith now to keep looking for that perfect egg! And the gardening leave should make it all so much easier--I really hope you get a good pregnancy while on gardening leave--that would be truly lovely!

Poppy: thanks! Oh, I didn't realise TNFa could potentially affect egg quality--CRGH is only concerned about uterine environment, as far as I could understand it. My TNFa was 41.1 almost 3 years ago (blood draw, not uterine biopsy). Since then my eggs made some dodgy-looking embryos and some beautiful embryos, but almost all of them were duds... Maybe that's why? Hard to know--my age is advanced enough that an embryo not taking is hardly surprising... Anyway, this is a numbers game and ARGC hopefully have good reason to believe that Humira will make your whole system that much more likely to produce a healthy baby, so hopefully you'll be in a better statistical place from which to try--and hopefully that will materialise into that healthy baby!

Shady: thanks! Yeah, it was very sweet for my mother to see that ultrasound... and unlike DP, she could easily understand what she was seeing (DP just sees blobs--it's very funny!) Yeah, next scan at 20 weeks... that's the proper anomaly scan. As for your transfer, I honestly don't get why Lister didn't test you beforehand, or just put you on some hyper-effective progesterone like prontogest. Same question as Briss, really--both of you were entirely suppressed... Cornell would definitely prescribe an intramuscular injection, and CRGH, OTT as they always are, would prescribe that and maybe Crinone on top. I guess your experience makes me understand better why some doctors swear by an ERA... then they know exactly when your body is ready with that particular type of progesterone... Anyway, I'm hoping your 7 is in ng, because that would put you at least properly in the luteal phase range--otherwise my fear is that you didn't have enough progesterone to get the lining to the right state of receptivity--that it was in a periovulatory state when it should already be receptive... OTOH, queenie did mention that sometimes Penny transfers frosties early into older women because she believes the receptivity timing is a little off, and though you're not really older, I wonder if this maybe-oversight might accidentally have worked out in your favour... I really hope so! I'm sorry you have to have the painful injections but I'm really hoping they last for another several weeks still, until your placenta takes over and hopefully everything runs smoothly from then on... Good luck... I'm sending you lots of sticky thoughts...

Helen: cramps can really mean anything but your progesterone does look high enough that it's not the issue there... Have they abated?? When is OTD??? I hope you're feeling better, physically and psychologically...

katkat: thanks! Oh, if I'm frustrated I can't imagine how you feel--you're super-active! But I'm sure you're still cycling, etc., at least... Still, yoga is really its own thing... In the UK, some labs use ng, others use nmol--it's a bit random... Aiming for 100nmol sounds fine--I think 70 is a number I've heard more often but for medicated cycles some docs like the numbers to be higher... Re. an hcg booster shot, I used it once after an IUI, IIRC... it was very effective at making my progesterone stay higher for longer--the only thing is, you really can't test for pregnancy early as the hcg stays in your system for a while...

Sunshine: thanks! Yes, it was good! So glad to hear your little one is doing well! I'm really really sorry about the haematoma--it's pretty terrifying... It's not a great thing to have, but still, most pregnancies carry on beautifully after the haematomas. One doc told me in his experience, haematoma size is unrelated to outcome--some tiny ones are really problematic and some huge ones don't interfere with the pregnancy at all... Makes more sense to me that your first bleed was from that haematoma, yes--apparently sometimes they're hard to spot... Ugh, I'm sorry your work is being painful... maybe Briss's experience is something to think about here--they're trying to start a paper trail on you? 2.5 days in 6 months is... nothing given what you've been through! You've been an amazing trooper as far as I can tell! But it's hard to know how much to share, isn't it?... Dealings with HR are supposed to be private, but even still, one feels it's none of their business... I hope your bleeding has already turned to just spotting, and that next week you find the haematoma has shrunk and the nuchal translucency is nice and thin... Hang in there...

AFM: Always something to worry about... I had some mild gastrointestinal symptoms over the weekend and now I have a cough and a sore throat... Naturally I think it's the worst possible thing--I'm afraid I have listeriosis, which is quite rare in the UK but does horrendous damage to foetuses when it does happen... Took a blood test yesterday but it takes ages to come back... My doc is being cool and reassuring about it--he thinks it's most likely viral--but the thought that maybe I ate something that caused an avoidable problem for the little guy is truly crazy-making... For now, nothing to do but wait. I'm extra-grumpy because of the cold symptoms...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sisi172

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1891 on: 5/02/19, 15:03 »
    Hi  :) I'm new to this site and have low Amh (3.2 pmol).
    I have 18 months old daughter from first ivf and now trying for a sibling. Had long protocol in december that produced only  one mature egg and ended with chemical pregnancy.
    I'm planning on trying natulal modified cycle in Create fertility Birmingham in March. I was offered only 150 Bemfola but I'm reading about tamoxifen or letrozole. Did any of you tried it? I also have IV stage of endometriosis and asked for steroid in case have immune problems but dr said she won't prescribe it without any test. It's our last chance, we can't afford any more tries so I would like to do anything I can to make it successful.
    I keep fingers crossed for all of you  :)
    Ps. Excuse me misspell as I'm not English  ::)

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1892 on: 6/02/19, 09:27 »
    Sorry selfish post. My lining is triple layer but only 4.5mm!! I have been taking 1 x progynova and 1 x spray of Lenzetto per day in the morning and in the evening (so I make this 7mg of estrogen per day). Today may be day 13 of my cycle, but as I said previously I am unsure about this as the first 3 days my bleeding was very little and I usually start with a full on period. Which this time started after 3 days of light bleeding and when it was supposed to according to my 28 day usual cycle. So this means I may just be Day 10 today. Still, this is very very thin! And I have been taking estrogen for 10.5 days now. Should I change to estrofem? Should I add more progynova, perhaps during lunch, or / and at bedtime? Currently I am taking it at 8am and 7pm. Help!

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1893 on: 6/02/19, 09:48 »
    KatKat, I would add another progynova at lunchtime. That's the regime I was just on. don't worry yet! On the scan could they see that your ovaries are suppressed? If so, you still have time. If Reprofit can prescribe you Vagifem, I would ask for that, because it gets straight to where it needs to. I think people often get prescribed more than 7mg oestrogen p/d if they are not responding.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1894 on: 6/02/19, 10:04 »
    Thanks, Shady. I think I am suppressed as the largest follicle is only 8mm (usually about 15mm at this stage even if it was my day 10 only). Is vagifem a pill, the same as estrofem? I have estrofem at home. Do you take vagifem vaginally?

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1895 on: 6/02/19, 10:57 »
    That's great that you're suppressed, then it means you have time. Lister said to me it can often take 3 weeks or more for women to get their lining thick on the medicated cycle so don't worry yet. Vagifem is a vaginal suppository (pill in an applicator - 10mg dose, so it's more potent than the other pills you are taking). Not sure if that's the same as estrofem, I've been googling it but can't find it's route of delivery.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1896 on: 6/02/19, 12:42 »
    Thanks again Shady. As the vagifem is 10mg would this then replace all the other pills, or do you mean to take this in addition to the 3 x progynova and 2 x lenzetto spray? If taken altogether then the total would be 19mg of estrogen! Typical, my doctor is on leave right now for 2 weeks :/

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1897 on: 6/02/19, 14:26 »
    Ugh the doctor at reprofit that I really don't rate at all just replied via coordinator:

She suggested to add one PRogynova vaginally in the evening and go for scan on Saturday.
    Itīs not necessary to replace Progynova with Estrofem.
    Vagifem is not good she said itīs for menopausal women.

I don't understand anything anymore. I really didn't think you can take progynova vaginally. Also will one add. Pill make a difference. Also a scan already in 3 days time? And then the comment about vagifem. I googled it and lots of women take it. Has anyone here taken this before?

Offline Rocket75

modify
    « Reply #1898 on: 6/02/19, 16:23 »
    Hi Katkat, I took 3 progynova a day, 1 vagifem and a patch (I thought that was estrofem...?)that I replaced every third day. Good luck! Shady and Helen - good luck in the TWW. Xxx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #1899 on: 6/02/19, 16:27 »
    Sorry KatKat, that sounds like complete b******s! I took vagifem 2 previous cycles before and Lister prescribed it to me. Maybe its also prescribed in menopausal women for vaginal dryness but you can prescribe lots of different formulations of oestrogen as HRT???!

I'm not sure about whether progynova will be effectively absorbed if you take it vaginally as it's designed as an oral formulation. How stressful! BTW, this cycle my lining grew 2.2mm in 3 days so you may see something on Saturday.... I'll be keeping my fingers crossed x

Helen, was today OTD? I'm wishing you so much luck, I think this is it for you! x

Klik, yes, I'm really a bit disappointed in Lister about this progesterone monitoring thing. The nurse has been amazing since it was picked up but the fact remains that I had to ask them to test otherwise they wouldn't have suggested it (and I dread to think if I hadn't insisted on having it!) I'm pretty sure you don't have Listeria, as you said, it's super rare in this country and I'm really sure you have been very careful about what you've been eating while pregnant. I really hope it's just a minor stomach bug and that you recover very very soon.

Briss, thank you for your good wishes. I'm hoping they measured on the ng scale and caught it early enough for it not to have a negative impact. Good luck with negotiating your garden leave, I have watched so much Netflix this week my eyes went square. As I suspected, I was the youngest person at the book group by about 25 years, however, I surprisingly enjoyed hanging with the 'oldies' and will go back.  I think this book looks so interesting and can't wait to read it: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/feb/06/childless-voices-by-lorna-gibb-review It is very true that in lots of cultures a childless woman is considered a secondary citizen (certainly the case in my extended family in India, they have become almost pariahs, which is very sad)

Sisi, welcome! I had quite good experiences with letrozole + low dose stimms (150u). It helped to recruit a moderate number of follicles (3-6) and I had good quality eggs from this type of protocol. I would certainly say its worth a try.

Rocket! hi, how are you! Lovely to hear from you and thank you so much for the good wishes. x

Progesterone went up to 169 yesterday so fingers crossed. I have a sore throat though and can feel nodules at the back. Really hoping this isn't some kind of immune reaction (although I'm on preds)