* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124991 times)

0 Members

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #190 on: 14/02/18, 19:52 »
Kilk - I agree the age lecture was not at all helpful. He must be giving the l crude to almost everyone using the clinic, as most people Iíve seen in the waiting room look over 35! Itís a wonder they get any business!

Blue dolphin - thank you for the info. Itís quite reassuring. I know plenty of people falling pregnant naturally or through ivf my age or over, my Mum being one of them! Thereís a lady on my team who has just had her first child at 43 after falling pregnant naturally and she was initially told she had a 1% chance of conceiving!

Helenbeau - I definitely donít feel like being around pregnant people and babies at the mo. Iíve spent a lot of my life pandering to other peopleís needs and over the last few years putting on a brave face. I def donít feel like doing it anymore and I think for my own sanity I need to listen to my own needs. Iím really sorry to hear that youíve had similar issues with your best friend. Hopefully if they are true friends they will understand that we need some distance at the mo until weíve reached our goals on this journey.

Iím sorry to hear about the Drís attitude. Maybe we should come up with some kind of handbook for these people on dealing with us in a more tactful way!

Mac78 - I very much hope the blip with my friend is due to hormones. Ha ha, I was very much starting to see red too with my Dr!

Iím not sure what to advise about HRT. Would you be able to ask your GP about whether you can still ovulate whilst taking it?

Katkat2014 - It sounds like youíve got a fab Dr. I know that DE is an option and itís one Iíll consider when Iím ready, but at the mo itís just too soon. The cynical side of me thinks that the Dr is just thinking about his success rates! Iím glad you were able to confront your friend. I expect people I donít know to be insensitive, but when itís close friends and family itís really hurtful.

I think the vaccine should be fine. Iím sure the Drs would give specific warnings about it otherwise with regards to pregnancy.

Queenie123 - your mini rant has been really helpful. I totally agree itís our choice at the end of the day and like you I think a lot of it is about stats!

Iím sorry to hear that you had to cancel your last cycle, but Iíll keep my fingers crossed that you can start again in a week.

Afm - All your words of support have really helped and Iím feeling a lot less frustrated! Iím still waiting for my amh results. If I donít hear by Friday Iím going to give the clinic a ring.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 15/02/18, 12:39 »
     Queenie- I never had the chance to talk to Penny only with Sofia about stem cell and I haven't been in touch with Serum since last December (when my FSH was 78 and Progesterone 0.2) and her advise was to try HRT to lower my FSH and balance progesterone and help with the symptoms which was driving me crazy, then to touch base with them within 3 months or so.

Babyhopeful- this is my biggest question!That's why I've been postponing using until now because doctor can't seem to agree on that, the gynaecologist  from Kingston  that prescribed HRT said I wouldn't ovulate as it work as a contraception but my GP doctor said I would still ovulated, but maybe I would not be able to track when. I missed my app with the gynaecologist and now I  have to wait a long time, but I booked one with my GP doctor and it's  in 2 weeks, so I hoping to get  some answers.

So ladies, after taking a pregnancy test yesterday,  I decided to use the last box of HRT from previous prescription and applied 1 patch as and I really want to be able to focus and prepare for a job interview on Monday, so I thought it would do me some good but I am not sure anymore ^idiot^  I'm  feeling very light headed and weak, with 0 energy and I seriously don't know what to do?? Maybe just stick with it for couple of days and see what happens?

Another question in regards to job interviews, ladies that are looking for a job as well, I need some guidance. I have a gap on my cv since the last miscarriage -  I went from full time to part time, then left the company and this has been over 6 months and  I don't know how to explain that without touching "healthy" or "pregnancy" issues. When I had my first miscarriage I carried on working but the second it was so much harder that I needed some time off. The last interview was a disaster because it was with a company that I used to trade when working on my last job and the owners know each other very well, so I had no choice and I explained the reasons why I left and it was hard to talk about it  :'( I kept a strong face but I felt so emotional when I left the interview. The problem is my industry is very small and everyone knows everyone, so I am scared of not being complete honest from the beginning and this could work against me in the future.
    Help please :(

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 15/02/18, 13:39 »
    Ladies what's the best time for cetrotide shot?

Offline susie76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 15/02/18, 13:49 »
    Briss - I think anytime.
    argc always make you take it daily at 5am, but that is because they want you to do blood test at 7.30.  When your E2 is rising and they are trying to hold off ovulation/nearer to egg collection they will phone and tell you to take it immediately (once blood test results have come in).

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 15/02/18, 13:57 »
    Briss morning or evening doesn't matter but you need to leave at least 6 hours between it and the trigger shot. I would make it dependent on your LH levels as you don't want to take it too soon either

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 15/02/18, 14:48 »
    Hi Ladies,

I've been away for a few days so trying to catch up but sorry if I miss anyone (am on my mobile too which makes it harder!)

Briss:  I sympathise with you about DH drinking...I am very lucky that my DH is a teetotaller so he is (inadvertently) very supportive in that area.  It would drive me nuts if he was a drinker and kept drinking loads while I couldn't.  Can't answer your auestion about scripts sorry.

Helenbeau:  Sounds like you're doing all the right things though I did read somewhere that chinese herbs can conflict with the drugs...might be worth investigating?

Hopeful2013:  What wonderful news!  That has cheered me up and spurred me on, congratulations!!

Tily:  That research sounds promising!  I didn't have time to read the whole article but it would be ace!  Sorry to hear about your oestrogen levels, I'm afraid I have no advice in that area to.offer but sounds like you got some good advice from the other ladies and FX things have turned around for you.

Cramer:  Wow you sure travel a lot!  I can imagine that's pretty stressful though as well as not being easy to time cycles in between etc!  Well done though on getting yourself to a good place, that is really important!

Klik:  I'll be starting Buserlin on 25th Feb with first scan on 12th March when, all being well, I'll start Bemfola...I'm so impatient, can't wait to get started.  What will your next steps be after hysteroscopy?  Sorry I have probably read it but forgotten!

Helenbeau:  Oh what a disappointment for you, I am so sorry, I hope that you have managed to find something to distract you and FX for a much more successful outcome next month.  Hope your ovary has stopped stabbing you too!

Sunshine122:  Have you tried acupuncture?  I can't be sure but after my first acupuncture I felt like I had an extreme ovulation (loads of ewcm and ovulation pains)...just a thought.

Katkat2014:  Sorry I don't know about vaccines but I would say if no advice to the contrary then just go for it!  Same for ovitrille though I have seen Asda mentioned as a cheap source of drugs in other forums.

Babyhopeful:  Sorry your friend isn't being more supportive.  Her behaviour sounds very weird so perhaps it is, as others suggested, just her hormones etc. still poop though and I think you should let her know how it made you feel, she is quite possibly (hopefully) unaware and will hopefully amend her behaviour if you let her know.
    Your consultant also sounds like a right twit.  I think your reaction was totally justified and, if anything, you kept your cool pretty well from the sounds of it.  Hope you have managed to treat yourself to something to make you feel happier, you definitely deserve it, sounds like a hell of a few days!  If it helps I was told by my GP at 33 that I'd left it a little late to start thinking about a family, I think they just don't realise how unhelpful and hurtful that comment is!

Queenie123:  Do your work know?  I've not told mine and it can get difficult trying not to come across as inflexible...hope you managed to work out some dates that will work for you.

Mac78:  Sorry I can't help with the HRT question...as for interview answers I think it's really up to you how honest you want to be and it's very difficult to know the right thing to do.  If there's a chance they'll find out (like your last interview) I would be honest but what I would also do is tell them how you would plan to cope if it happened again (as that's what they will be worried about).  If you aren't going to lay it bare then perhaps you could state it was a family crisis of some sort (which isn't exactly lying) or even an operation (again not totally lying) that took some time to recover from...it's a tough one and I don't envy you.  It's one of the reasons I haven't told my work as I am a self employed contractor and don't want people getting wind and not giving me contracts.  Ultimately they can't sack you if you're not 100% honest about it and I think it's a very personal thing that I wouldn't necessarily expect someone to tell me in an interview but you do need to account for the tine some way so if there is no way of explaining it as a gap as some personal time to reassess your life (or something similar) I would go for either the truth or as close as possible with an explanation as to why it won't happen again.

AFM:  I can't remember when I last updated you all but I was up the hospital last Wednesday for my scan, got given a big bag of Buserlin and am due to start DR on 25th February with first scan 12th March so FX.  Have another acupuncture booked for Friday and have been taking ubiquinol, bee pollen, bee propolis and royal jelly as well as all the other vitamins so hoping something will help this time!

Love & hugs to all xxxx

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #196 on: 15/02/18, 20:56 »
    Hi ladies,

Babyhopeful: I think it was very unfair of your consultant to wheel out the age card. We all know our ages and if you take our little thread as a sample of the infertility population, we were all battling other issues before age becomes a major issue. I agree education and awareness is a major issue and if they haven't refined the egg growing in the lab, they should be offering all late 20s/ early 30s AMH testing / full fertility work up. It's unfortunately too late for a lot of us when we discover in our late 30s but those issues would have been there earlier had we been tested / investigated properly. It makes me so mad. We have health systems that do nothing to protect us from these issues and then it's all our fault just because it's considered late by the time we actively need / seek help. What about all the women that do get away with it? Late 30s/ early 40s natural conceptions. Both my Grandmothers had babies at 42 and 44 and that was long before IVF was ever invented. appreciate it wasn't their first but how and ever. As for your friend and the "surrogate" comment, it just shows a total lack of awareness and understanding. Funnily enough, friends of mine have suggested surrogacy to me also and when I tell them that my uterus is fine and I could probably carry, that it just wouldn't be genetically mine, the general response is that I'm insane to stay going with OE when presumably I could carry.

Kat: did you get sorted with your trigger?

Laura: Not long now to your down reg...

Briss - Re cetrotide, I've always been told it take it at the same time every evening as the stimulations injections. But I guess as long as you take it consistently at the same time everyday.

Mac: Could you fill the gap in your CV with some volunteer work or say you took time off to dedicate to writing your blog or to gain an extra qualification. I would try and fill it with a bit of everything but not overly commit to one thing. If you get to interview as long as you sound confident and that it was a proactive choice rather than driven by the MC.

Queenie- sorry about the last cycle but you know your own body so well at this stage and you've a massive wealth of knowledge to make the right choices.

AFM, this week has been the biggest rollercoaster ever. Up to last night, I was almost 100% cancelled. The 2 follicles looked good visually but oestrogen was climbing so slowly. I've had a scan and bloods every day this week so getting a glimpse of the ARGC experience. Anyway, oestrogen went from 200 Monday to 300 Tuesday to 400 Wednesday. So, lots of fraught conversations with the Lister doctors yesterday about risking losing the lead, poor egg quality with such low oestrogen, not enough to trigger etc. Anyway, eventually decided to have one final scan and bloods today before cancelling and basically 2 follicles very much in place, LH still extremely low and oestrogen doubled overnight to 800 this morning so it's probably around 1000 plus now with that rate of increase. Not great still for 2 follicles but I think I'm going to trigger at 11pm and go for egg collection on Saturday. I just so rarely grow 2 follicles that I can't leave them there. And the increase in oestrogen has given me enough confidence to take the risk. If the quality isn't there, then at least that's more information that just cancelling and my package is running out. Not to mention that I moved country, changed my office and made loads of sacrifices to come here to do this one thing and it's just so demoralising to have to fly home without doing it... anyway, I might be mad but triggering on what is still a lowish / borderline oestrogen but I honestly don't think my body can do better so I'm going for it...

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #197 on: 15/02/18, 22:23 »
    super quickly (so sorry!) as should pack for early flight tomorrow:

Briss: can be morning or evening--I've done either, actually. At Cornell I sometimes did both, when they were afraid I'd surge early.

tily: I'm so glad your E2 finally shot up! I'm not sure why they originally thought of triggering you at 19... Whether you get one or two tomorrow, I hope one is excellent--excellent enough to fertilise and grow inside you for 9 months!

Laura: March feels like forever away... hang in there...

katkat: bummer about the lining... if you decide to collect, I hope you get the one you really need!

queenie: shame about the cancellation... hoping for a really good cycle for you next month, and the flexibility to actually use it!

blue: hi!

susie: I trust everything continues to proceed well!

Mac: some types of HRT let you ovulate, some don't. If you want to use your own eggs, you'd use either the pill or just oestrogen for a couple weeks, to decrease your FSH, then have a scan to see if any follicles are starting to grow. Once they are, you get off the HRT and let your natural FSH grow the follicle. The follicle's oestrogen then suppresses your FSH somewhat and you can have a normal cycle with ovulation. Hopefully a gynaecologist and Serum can help you with something like this!

Blue: hi!

Babyhopeful: good luck on your AMH results, but whatever they are, don't fret too much. There are stories of a number of babies delivered to women of undetectable-range AMH! And, as for your friend, she's lost perspective... she was with you while you were both struggling, but now she's been successful suddenly she can't stay with your pain. It does happen. But it sucks... I'm sorry...

Helen: you might have a corpus luteum cyst--hopefully it will clear up and stop hurting, though... Well done on keeping sane under the circumstances. I don't know how anyone treating a miscarriage can be anything but super-sympathetic, but... we've seen it all by now...

AFM: France tomorrow, back Sunday night, hysteroscopy (finally!) Monday morning!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #198 on: 15/02/18, 23:00 »
    Tily -

It's all the letrazole.   
    It is artificially lowered as your follies haven't caught up yet

Go for it !

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 16/02/18, 10:25 »
    Klik; Thanks for the advice and have a great time in France. I have my fingers crossed for you on Monday. ^pray^

Tily- Happy to hear the 2 follicles developed against the odds and you are on right following your instincts. Good luck tomorrow. ^pray^

LauraC81- Thanks for the advice and good look with your  new cycle. Where are you doing  acupuncture? I am thinking on giving it a try again as I am hearing from friends all the wonders of it, I guess you need to the right acupuncturist.

How is everyone else doing?

AFM- I couldn't  stay with the HRT patch as I was struggling yesterday. I felt like my head was going to explode with so much pressure and the noisy in my ears was unbearable.It almost like I was going to faint at anytime and it's a horrible feeling.I had very little sleep last night and this whole thing  made me question myself - how would I cope if I had to work today?. I am wondering if starting a new job is the right thing now, but I am desperately to get out this limbo and  feel like my life is back on track. Nevertheless, I will go for this interview on Monday give my best and hopefully in 2 weeks my GP doctor would be able to help me. ^pray^

x