* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125063 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1910 on: 8/02/19, 15:06 »
My hopes for a chemical were short lived :( I stopped all medication on 17 dpo cos my beta went down from 48 to 27. Its been a week No bleeding nothing . Today 23 dpo Did pregnancy test this morning and it's very positive. Just got my bloods and beta is up to 284. Progesterone is down to 9 ng but estrogen is up 1025 .  I'm thinking ectopic??? Normal levels would have been hcg 2000-3000 at least.  Munich said once beta dropped it's not viable. I'm so scared .... does anyone know a good surgeon?  I don't want to have my tubes removed on the NHS cos I need to make sure they preserve my ovaries. I booked a scan for Monday but beta is so low I don't think they will be able to see anything .

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1911 on: 8/02/19, 15:26 »
    Briss, wow! I just used a bhcg calculator and when you input 27 as your first beta on 17 dpo and 284 a week later at 23 dpo then it comes back as 'normal'. Maybe you need to forget about the intial bhcg and start with the lower value? Perhaps everything is just fine!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1912 on: 8/02/19, 15:36 »
    Kat, thanks but no it doesn't work like that. I may head to A&E to see what they can do. Been reading up on ectopic and it's pretty scary.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1913 on: 8/02/19, 15:36 »
    Briss, Iím so sorry, I hope its not an ectopic but if it is I think there is an injection you can have rather than surgery? xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1914 on: 8/02/19, 15:37 »
    Sorry briss as I really don't know how this works. But I so hope it is not an ectopic  ^hugme^

Helen, forgot to reply to your message about stims, I think adding them in now will be a little late. But if this cycle gets cancelled then perhaps I should just do a modified natural cycle and transfer my blast into this lining. On stims my lining was always over 7mm.

MSJ, I don't find 10 and 8 too large on day 5. Perhaps your previous cycle was shorted than normal and they started growing earlier this month?

Klik, I am doing the next scan on Sunday. I added 2 more pills in yesterday but got quite a headache, so may just stick with one additional one (vaginally). Aw so very sorry you;re feeling so bad, hope you're better soon!

Same to you sunshine, it's the last thing you want when pregnant, hope you're feeling a bit better today.

Poppy, it will be really interesting to see how the humira works. When you wrote about tnfa I googled what I can do ' just in case I have high tnfa' and have now started to drink turmeric tea (which is pretty disgusting if you just mix the spice with hot water!) Thought I could throw that in the mix of weird things I am consuming these days :)

AFM Dr Brosens came back to say if this cycle is going ahead then I can take 10mg prednisone and it won't do any harm. But I am thinking will it do any good as it is a really low dose? Anyway, first I need to know if this cycle gets cancelled or not. I have no ewcm, should I not get this with all this estrogen I am taking?

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1915 on: 8/02/19, 15:44 »
    Briss, just to add when I went to A&E with my ectopic scare they said they wouldnít scan me unless my beta was over either 2000 or 3000, as it wouldnít show anything.

Katkat, I did 20mg prednisolone for the first 5 days after egg collection, then after transfer dropped to 10mg.

Xx

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #1916 on: 8/02/19, 16:07 »
    Briss, Iím sorry, I hope itís not an ectopic! I know a lady who had an ectopic and got it sorted with medications - but she did have terrible pains so Iím hoping maybe itís not the case for you. Hope it ends up ok whatever it is xx

Katkat, I donít enjoy the taste of turmeric tea either so I take supplements in capsules - not ideal I know when Iím already taking so many others in methylcellulose shells! Apparently upping Omega 3 also helps so Iíve increased mine to 3000mg. Then of course there is the antiinflammatory diet too. Regarding prednisolone, I think 20-25mg is more common before ET, then reducing to 10mg as Sunshine says. Logically though it should be more important around ET so not sure why it gets reduced? Sorry my knowledge is limited on that!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1917 on: 8/02/19, 16:36 »
    Sunshine poppy thank you. I'm also thinking the scan won't show anything with my current levels.  But what am I to do ? Just wait for it to grow until it can be detected? Sounds wrong cos the larger it grows the higher the risks. 

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1918 on: 8/02/19, 16:48 »
    Helenbeau - Good luck for tomorrow, Iíll be thinking of you.

Blue dolphin - Iím glad to hear you got your prescriptions sorted. Itís great that you have a yearís supply of levothyroxine. My GP prescription is only for a month at a time and itís very tedious having to go back and get the prescription renewed each month.

Katkat - I hope your tennis elbow is starting to feel less painful. I think Sunshineís suggestion of 20mg of prednisolone initially, then reducing to 10mg sounds like a good plan.

Klik - I really hope you feel better soon and youíre getting plenty of rest. Iím glad the meds youíve been given are helping.

Poppy - Iím sorry to hear you have to wait things out, but I think itís important to get everything just right before starting a cycle as we invest so much in them emotionally and financially.

Shadywheat- It sounds like you had a nightmare sorting out your progesterone levels. Iím pretty sure you found out about the progesterone levels in time. I hope the rest of the tww will be more relaxing and Iím keeping everything crossed for you.

Sunshine122- Iím pleased to hear your little one is doing well despite the scare of the hematoma. It sounds like your HR department are a bit over the top. Anything after ET is treated as pregnancy related and therefore discounted in my organisation. Does yours have something similar in place? Good luck with the nuchal scan next week!

Sisi172 - Welcome. I take prednisolone without any immune testing and I hope your consultant can be persuaded for you to do the same if it something you want to try this time.

Courtesy - Welcome. Iím sorry I donít have any experience of CRGH, but as Katkat has explained there are different schools of thought on embryo development with regards to in uterine vs Petri dish. I have had a BFN with a 5 Day embryo and a BFP with a 3 day embryo, so Iím happy to go with either option.

MSJ - I have the same experience as you with follicles taking off. Sometimes the others do start to catch-up, but usually for me they are a bit too late. However, it is hard to tell at the moment what may happen until your next scan.

Briss - Iím so sorry to hear of what youíre going through. Do you have any pain, usually that can be a sign of an ectopic? I hope you can get some answers over the next few days.

Afm - Work has been crazily busy, but it has been nice to keep my mind occupied. I had a counselling session a week ago with a different counsellor to the one the clinic normally refers patients to. She was excellent, very empathetic and spot on with her understanding of my feelings. Iím considering having regular counselling, but with work, reflexology and yoga Iím not sure if Iíve got the time at the moment to fit everything in.

Things came to a bit of a head with DH and I last week. His method of coping is to withdraw and play computer games. I lost patience with him and we had a big argument. He has a work counsellor and after seeing her the next day he came home almost in tears saying that he just has no one apart from the counsellor and me to talk to. My heart does go out to him and Iím trying to encourage him to talk time about how heís feeling.

Af has arrived almost exactly 3 weeks after my miscarriage bleeding stopped. It started off very light and I started worrying about adhesions. However, over the last two days my normal flow has returned.

We had a treatment planning appointment this week and Iím gearing up to start a treatment cycle the beginning of March. Physically I feel ready and almost so emotionally. Iím more worried about DHís state of mind tbh, but he has reassured me that he wants to go ahead.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #1919 on: 8/02/19, 16:50 »
    Have you had any other symptoms of it being an ectopic, spotting or shoulder tip pain? Maybe wait 2 more days then check your beta levels again, but I agree that I would also be worried about leaving it. You could try to book for a private scan tomorrow to see if anything does show? Xx