* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125076 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1920 on: 8/02/19, 17:06 »
I don't have any symptoms at all. I tested cos I thought it was strange that af does not start but also my breasts are sore so I wondered why progesterone wouldn't come down. I'm just hoping while beta is low it can be resolved in a manner that would preserve my fertility . I did have a bit of hope when I saw pregnancy test thinking that maybe my last beta was wrong but now that I got my result it's pretty discouraging.  I'll do another beta on Monday to see that maybe its going down and resolving by itself.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1921 on: 8/02/19, 17:25 »
    Briss -  I think once an ectopic has been identified and itís still early enough there is medication that you can take. However, I think taking the medication will mean that youíre not able to transfer any embryos until itís out of your system. Iím not sure if a private scan will show anything at this stage, but it might be worth booking one anyway xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1922 on: 8/02/19, 19:27 »
    Babyhopeful. thanks. I checked the medication for ectopic and indeed it takes 3-6 months before you can try to conceive again. this is awful! I do not have 6 months to wait :( i am gradually losing any will to carry on, it's just seems too much at the moment. i need to focus on getting a new job and appear confident in interviews while all i want is just hide somewhere and cry. it's so hard to be stuck between hope and despair

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1923 on: 8/02/19, 19:37 »
    Hi Briss, Iím so sorry for what youíre having to go through. It might not be ectopic though. It could be that the embryo is doing its best to implant but itís just not viable. I had some very up and down betas with my last pregnancy.

Babyhopeful nice to hear from you. Glad youíre feeling a bit more positive and back to yourself. Itís very positive your partner is seeing a counsellor too.

Klik, how awful getting ill. Exactly what you donít want! There is a bug going round at the moment. Hope youíre better soon.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM I tested this afternoon and itís a BFN. In the blink of an eye it all comes crashing down! I actually thought it had worked! I have so many symptoms. Just goes to show that they mean nothing. Obviously Iím already analysing it all. Iím curious about the 3 day uterus pain I had on days 3-6 post transfer. It was quite intense and it reminded me exactly of the pain I felt before I miscarried. As it went away I was hopeful that maybe it was implantation pain after all, but clearly not. On day 7 I had a tiny bit of brown lining type blood. Ok, Iíll never know what this meant but I canít help but think it was my body rejecting what was in there. The steroid thing is a mystery to me. I was only on 5mg throughout but I upped it to 15mg on day 7, thatís when the pain stopped. Coincidence? I donít know. I have no idea what steroids I should do next time as everybody seems to have a different approach. At Lister I was on 25mg, it worked. Iíve also had non and it worked. If I was to get any tests what and where should I have them done?
    So it looks like I have to give up on OE now. Another 2 blasts and nothing.
    Should I get a beta done tomorrow? Will it be helpful? And should I test my progesterone to make sure it stayed high? My boobs are killing me though so would think it is.

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1924 on: 8/02/19, 20:15 »
    Helen, thanks you. after reading about ectopic i really need any hope i can get that it might be not, it's just too awful. i never thought i'd say that but bfn looks like a better outcome compared to ectopic. having said that I am so truly sorry. I also thought your symptoms sounded encouraging and I was sure it worked. I only had blown tiny spotting once after ET and it was a chemical so I guess your brown thing could have been a result of unsuccessful implantation attempt. my clinic usually wants to see Hcg, Progesterone and oestrogen on 11 and 14 dpo. they never accept urine test result, only bloods will do. I am sorry I do not know how to help, bfns are so heartbreaking cos you just feel like something is missing but it could be down to so many reasons.  I guess days 3-6 post 5 day transfer is roughly implantation time that could explain the pain.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1925 on: 8/02/19, 20:30 »
    Oh Helen I am so very sorry and sad for you!  ^hugme^ I truly thought at least one must have implanted. I am always so puzzled when there are 2 blasts that there wasn't at least one that made it, after all they have made it to the blast stage. I know so well how you are feeling...I've had the same with 2 good blasts including the cramps. I would do the beta anyway but that's just me as I'd want to know for certain. Your progesterone levels were good so probably no need to do those and also you managed to have implantation on that dosage before. I am really not certain that any other (immune) tests would be helpful as you made it till 8-10 weeks before. Unfortunately I just think at our age it may just be the chromosomes. By the way my doctor only gave me a 10-20% chance with my blasts considering my age. Scary! DE will certainly give you a far better chance - if you are ready. But should you decide to continue with OE then nobody will think any worse of it, look at all us stubborn women. But if you do want to do DE then I know someone who did EA if you need advice, but of course there's also DD. But going back to your eggs you seem to have a pretty good outcome with your own IVF in terms of eggs and embryos... Anyway you know am just round the corner if you need me  ^hugme^

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1926 on: 9/02/19, 00:14 »
    this all feels just so heartbreaking, knowing that there is an embryo inside that is trying desperately to survive. it does not know it has no chance but i do and it feels desperately sad. it also means i cannot begin to move on...

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #1927 on: 9/02/19, 17:26 »
    Helenbeau- Iím really sorry to hear your news. It sounds like something did try to happen. I hope testing your beta may give you some answers around whether there was any implantation or not. Iím sending you lots of hugs xx

Briss - I hope youíre doing okay under the circumstances and that the beta on Monday will give you some reassurance that things are resolving naturally xx

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1928 on: 9/02/19, 18:44 »
    hey, gals... some sad news around here...

Briss: I'm so sorry you're going through this... There's a very, very small probability that the third beta was a fluke and that this is a viable pregnancy (betabase's lowest beta level for 23dpo is 62 (!) though the average is 3345...), but it's very unlikely indeed... Still, even that tiny probability would be driving me utterly bonkers, especially coupled with the fear that this is an ectopic... like being promised either heaven or hell but not which one. I think (!) the beta is growing too fast for it to be an ectopic, but I have heard that it's possible for an embryo to implant, then detach, then re-attach again somewhere else, possibly in the tubes... Still, it doesn't smell like an ectopic to me... In your place I think I would keep testing the beta daily, like a maniac, and find someone who can help you sort this out asap in case it is an ectopic (hopefully it's not though...) I don't think I would want surgical intervention if at all possible, so I wouldn't want to wait til the embryo was visible on a scan... But I am fortunate to have zero experience of ectopics, and in cases like this I always deferred to my clinic, for better or worse--certainly they've more experience of it than I have... I'm so sorry... I'll let a little part of me hope that it's an unlikely low-beta baby-to-be, but mostly I just hope you'll come out of this with your fertility unscathed, and soon... Good luck...

Helen: thanks... did you test today? How many dpo are you?! On either 13 or 14 DPO (my due date implies it was 14 DPO), my beta was only 15, which means there was a very faint line on a first-urine-of-the-day FRER. Lucky me that I could make out the line, otherwise this pregnancy would have never continued. If I'd had an actual transfer, I'd have a blood test at or after 14 DPO. Though I guess by 16 DPO or so, if you can't see it on a first-urine-of-the-day FRER, I'd take that as a BFN... As for progesterone, you might as well check--it might be useful to know for future transfers... I don't know why, I'm not counting this cycle out yet for you--maybe I just really want it to work for you... Either way, I send you all the hugs...

Sunshine: thanks. I hope your cold has let up! I'm sorry you've been going through it as well... My doc said do NOT let your temperature get above 38.5 (control it with paracetamol and/or tepid shower), but hopefully you've really got no fever... Glad your work review turned out to be fine, though the stress is hugely unwelcome. Exciting you've got your nuchal scan coming up! Are you foregoing the NIPT? Good luck!!!!

MSJ: thanks. Funny how you just have to do more work, just like that. I'm sorry about that... Re. your follicle sizes, they seem pretty normal to me, but then again I have high FSH. Taking some suppression beforehand slows them down (oestrogen, pill, norethisterone, or an agonist) but fortunately there's not one big runaway lead, which is potentially an issue... So hopefully this will be a great cycle for you--good luck!

Poppy: thanks... Yeah, I sometimes wish our clinics would give us the empirical (not just theoretical) basis for their decisions. When I was cycling at Cornell, one thing I loved was that my doctor there would tell me exactly what the empirical evidence was for any decisions he made (at least as he synthesised the evidence, anyway). Dr Ozturk does that to some extent, so he offered me prednisolone and intralipids based on my increased TNFa, told me by the by that ARGC would have treated me with Humira, then told me there's no conclusive evidence for any of that, especially given the numbers in the blood may be entirely different from the numbers in the womb, and even those can fluctuate from day to day or cycle to cycle. Cornell wasn't even interested in those immunes test results, though I'd already taken them, because again they are entirely data-driven and there's just no conclusive data to support it (except 4 days of prednisolone is prescribed around everyone's transfer, immunes notwithstanding)... But it's possible that ARGC has its own internal numbers, as they do this routinely... Certainly they have amazing success rates, which is already a pretty good reason to trust their system--best of luck--I hope you become another success story for them, soon! And hurray for no side-effects!

katkat: thanks... good luck on your scan tomorrow! Here's hoping for quiet ovaries and some thickening in your lining! I'm sorry about the headache... Oestrogen never had that effect on me--for me, it's the more the merrier! I definitely got CM on the patch, but I don't remember getting it on progynova--so long ago, though, my memory is not reliable. Re. prednisolone, Cornell prescribed 16mg for just 4 days, so I guess 10 could make a difference... again, would be so nice to have some actual data about this stuff! Good luck for tomorrow!

Babyhopeful: thanks... lovely you found a good counsellor... If you can't do all three, think about which one you think would help the most... Personally I'd keep the yoga and the counselling (and work, of course!) and drop reflexology, but I imagine you do reflexology regularly because you find it really helpful... yeah, hard to pick if you don't have time to squeeze it all in... Re. your DH, withdrawing is the worst, but I'm glad he has pretty ready access to his feelings when he has a chance... Hopefully he can stay open with you and the counsellor, and maybe he can think of a friend that he can trust to talk about it... I wouldn't be too worried about his state of mind--moving on is important after all... Are you thinking of trying naturally this cycle? There's always that rumoured post-m/c boost in fertility to try to take advantage of...

AFM: today I finally feel mostly human. Still coughing uncontrollably sometimes, but fever and sore throat are gone, which means I don't need paracetamol anymore, which means no heartburn, which means I can eat! Cough happens because my sinuses are all backed up, and then mucus touches my throat and irritates it. Anyway, I'd much rather be here than where I was yesterday... I just really hope it hasn't affected the little guy, though I've been so preoccupied with myself lately he's been little more than an afterthought, poor thing...

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1929 on: 9/02/19, 19:32 »
    am I wrong not to continue with progesterone/estrogen medication? i did not want to artificially drag it out but what if I am wrong? i have to be honest I could not find any evidence of an embryo being able to wonder around uterus attaching and detaching in search of a better place to settle.