* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125058 times)

0 Members

Offline klik

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1930 on: 9/02/19, 21:58 »
hey, Briss, I can't find where i saw the detach/reimplant thing--maybe I just misread it. I think personally I'd stay on the meds til another beta hopefully clarifies things. It's not really going to prolong things--the beta is too high right now, it will take several days to come down, even if it is coming down. It's really unlikely to be viable, but it's still not entirely conclusive... I don't know. I'm sorry, my dear--it's a really tough position you're in... I send you hugs and I hope it all comes out ok, one way or another...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1931 on: 9/02/19, 22:44 »
    Klik, thank you. you are probably right i should go back on progesterone, i am so ready to give up, over the years i just got better with accepting failure. i struggle with hope more.

found interesting article about a protein-carbohydrate sticking mechanism for initial implantation.https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2003/01/4630/scientists-discover-what-makes-human-embryo-attach-uterus got me thinking about chemical complexity of this mechanism and how it is possible that some of these (or even one of these) elements is missing during breast-feeding which means an embryo will be rolling around uterus with no chance to attach. I really do strongly believe our zero implantation was to do with BF to a larger extent than egg quality.

ladies, on a separate note does anyone know how to go about donor sperm? can you recommend any particular clinic and generally any advice is appreciated.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1932 on: 10/02/19, 09:41 »
    Klik, Iím already 18dPO. I did a beta yesterday it was 1. Progesterone was 8ng so itís dropped right down. It was 70 at transfer. 70 what I donít know but Iíve asked clinic to tell me no or pmol. Iím thinking it was too high and it kinda frazzled my lining. Maybe it canít be too high but Iíve read it should be 20ng at transfer.
    Either way itís just not worked which is gutting as my two fresh cycles gave me positives.

Briss, I got my first sperm donor from Xytex. They have a great website with loads of details, photos etc of donors. Itís about £1000. Then thereís European sperm bank and Cryobank, both ok but not as detailed as Xytex, slightly cheaper though. London sperm bank has very few donors but is in UK, thatís also about £1000 which I think is disgusting as thereís not even any transport fees involved.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1933 on: 10/02/19, 13:57 »
    My lining is 6mm which is only an increase of 1.5mm in 4 days. I am pretty p**d off as the doctor today said I really should increase my estrogen much more than one pill (the awful Dr 4 days ago said to only add one and only after I asked her about it). Today the consultant said we need to increase the lining in the next 2 days as otherwise the lining will be too old (they don't want to go over 17 days)) and there is a small chance that I start producing progesterone on my own which is not good. And if this doesn't increase enough then it's not a good idea to have the transfer. He now put me on 3 X oral progynova, 2 X estrofem vaginally and 3 X skin spray so I will be on 14.5mg estrogen!! Has anyone got a clue what else I can do? I already take l arginine and vit e and I had acupuncture yesterday.
    Also has anyone gone beyond 17 days before starting progesterone (not sure if they mean cycle day 17 or 17 days of estrogen) with an fet and got a bfp? Is it that bad if I take say 20 days of estrogen before starting progesterone?

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1934 on: 10/02/19, 20:29 »
    Kat, Iím angry for you! Wtf! It was Dr Hana who told me I was ďdefinitely not growing a dominant follicleĒ when I was on oestrogen after day 7 scan and ďno you are wrong itís impossible on day 10 scan to them eventually say ďlooks like you are ovulating on day 13Ē. Sorry I donít want to add to your annoyance. I just donít know what you should do. Give it a try? But as hard as it is if itís not right in a couple of days then I think you start again knowing for sure that this low dose doesnít work for you. You are obviously not absorbing all the oestrogen so taking more probably just means your getting a ďnormalĒ dose of around 6/8mg.
    Iím really sorry honey. Itís just what you donít need. I know the heart sinking feeling xxx

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1935 on: 10/02/19, 20:42 »
    Katkat - I'm sorry they took so long to increase for you, I did have a my create transfer at around d21, and I didn't produce any progesterone.   But then I only got a Chemical that time, so not exactly the best result.

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1936 on: 10/02/19, 21:44 »
    Queenie I hope your follicles are growing nicely.. ? That's really good to know that you didn't produce any progesterone so late in the frozen cycle. But I don't understand how you can produce progesterone anyway on a frozen cycle if you suppress everything by taking estrogen?

Helen I hope you're coping as good as you can... I am so sick and tired of IVF right now it seems nothing ever goes according to plan! By the way I went to see your Chinese acupuncture guy who was lovely. Although he got a little bit annoyed with me at the end cause he suggested I buy some herbs off him and he had already mixed them especially for me, but when I was told the price I nearly fainted and didn't buy them. Man I really don't rate this Dr Hana! Yeah don't know what to do. I have just emailed the clinic again to tell me what they suggest and explain it all to me again. And then I sent a second email asking my coordinator to please not ask Dr Hana >:(

Afm sorry this is just a little rant don't know where else to take as DF has the flue   :-\
    The thing is that I don't know what day my day 1 of my cycle was. If I go by calendar and by the first proper heavy bleed then today I would be day 14 only. So perhaps if we waited 3-4 more days I may get over 7 or 7.5mm. That would mean my transfer could be around day 24 like shady's. But because I started taking estrogen 2 days before my first proper bleed ( as I was so unsure if the light bleeding was my actual period) that means I am today already on day 15 of taking estrogen and which in turn means that they only want to wait 2 more days before making that call if to cancel or not a otherwise I'd be over the cut off of maximum 17 days on estrogen. But i don't really get any of this. Had I only started estrogen after the first proper bleed then today id only be day 13 of estrogen and they'd let me go for 4 more days ugh!

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1937 on: 10/02/19, 22:08 »
    Kat, thatís strange he made them up without confirming you wanted to buy them. How much was he charging? Herbs are expensive, around £45-£50 usually.
    Hope you get some clarity from Reprofit. X

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1938 on: 10/02/19, 22:15 »
    Helen they were £45 but this was an unexpected expense and I hadn't budgeted for it. I hadn't agreed to buy anything I didn't know the price of and I wasn't aware he'd mix them for me he'd only mentioned he will have some herbs for me. Anyway he was ok with it at the end no hard feelings from him ( I hope). He's a very sweet man!

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1939 on: 10/02/19, 23:10 »
    Just a quick update, I am triggering blind tonight and have an egg collection booked for Tuesday, bit nervous,

Have a scan booked for tomorrow to check the eggs are there and ok before I catch the plane,

Given it is 4 days since my last scan and the follicles were 15mm (mean), 12mm, 10mm and 10mm, I hope I should have something OK.    ^pray^

Have been taking LH sticks and started to get a v. faint line yesterday so started Cetrotide, and had some EWCM today, which considering the cycle started with Letrozole it looks promising.

Gonna keep my friday flight for a transfer (hopefully)!