* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124927 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1960 on: 15/02/19, 14:59 »
Briss i am really glad for you,what a relief. I still cannot help but think that all will be ok though. I really hope so! What an up and down all the time for you.

Thanks for your input on down regulation for fet. I asked my clinic and they think that it will give me the best chance for a better lining because we can transfer later and more time to get the lining thicker. If this doesn't work either then I may just have to try a stimulated cycle again.

Msj the scratch is only free if you do the biopsy. And any scratch after that. They will only treat with pred as far as I know. And yes the uNK cells biopsy is supposedly cheaper than at Dr g. I am also very sorry about this last cycle. But if the egg was mature then waiting another day would not have made it more mature or better mature don't you think. Some cycles are better than others and I hope that number 3 will add another embryo.

Afm such lovely weather today! My clinic replied that they really think downregulation will be best for me at this stage as we can go on for longer in terms of estrogen supplements and try and get the lining thicker hopefully. It will be a one off 3mg depot shot of decapeptyl and I am quite worried that my ovaries will subsequently be in a coma for months... I also have no clue if this will delay my period or has nothing to do with it. I hope that once I stop progesterone af will come though. It's all new territory for me!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1961 on: 15/02/19, 22:38 »
    Katkat - I'm sorry,  not 100% sure about down reg, you could try a bit of stims to thicken lining or just a better combination of Oestrogen supplementation a bit earlier.  but your choice, down-reg will certainly give you the flexibility of time for the oestrogen to work on the lining.

Briss - I am so so sorry, but also, don't give up just yet, why don't you supplement with a bit of progesterone and give yourself a shot of Hcg - it might just give you little one the burst it needs to develop a health placentae.

Shady - I haven't tried access fertility, but I am strongly considering their guaranteed baby package, I know I wouldn't get a refund package, but I do like the idea of paying a fixed amount and having unlimited cycles until it works.

MSJ - I agree with you about stress, the only time I have made it to blast was when I was really really on top of the stress.  I also agree that the indomethacin will not be the cause of this.  I think if you have done well and made it to balst you should figure out what you did then and try to copy every little thing, coz it's hard to do that, it's an achievement for all of us and replicating it is the holy grail. But, you have done it once, so you can do it again!

AFM - Not had a great week, we lost the lead follicle before egg collection, but I had another 2 follicles on the left at 18mm and 19mm,
    Progesterone was 14nmol/l on the day of collection.   We had NO normal fertilisation, ie. 1 egg had 1 pro-neuclei and the other had none.  So all in all a bit rubbish this month.   Not convinced it was all due to poor egg quality as DH's morph was 0%.

Seriously considering using my sisters eggs with DH's sperm, and his cousins sperm with my eggs to see which works better.  But I don't think we are there just yet - this month was super stressful due to family issues and we also lost the lead follicle (which has proven disastrous for us).

Anyway - who is the best andrologist in London?

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #1962 on: 16/02/19, 14:28 »
    Queenie  so sorry about your cycle, no fertilisation is hard. 0% morphology couldnít have helped. Did they manage to get a good sperm for ICSI? My DH Ďs sperm was only 2% morphology this time. Itís amazing how it fluctuates! He had 14% a year ago and 8% only a few months ago so itís all a bit of a puzzle. They said they got a good quality sperm though. One cycle we had 3% morphology in Prague and they did PICSI which was really good as both eggs fertilised and made it to blast. Maybe go somewhere that do PICSI?
    I think Iím going to wait it out until I have less stress at work as I canít really cope with doing another cycle straight away at the moment. I know age isnít on my side though.

Briss - Iím glad itís not ectopic. And Iím still hoping for you too. I hadnít really considered ectopic with having  more than one transferred. At ARGC if youíre over 40 they recommend transferring 3!

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1963 on: 16/02/19, 17:04 »
    We did do PICSI. Still they said 0% morph, which I suppose means they didn't find a good 2 to use with the PICSI. 

I think Serum is better at selecting sperm than Brno - going there next month (possibly).

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1964 on: 16/02/19, 20:12 »
    Hey Queenie I am really sorry to hear your update. It is so disappointing when you have had so much hope too. I believe that Dr Ramsay is considered to be one of the best andrologists here. My partner said he's a bit old school but very competent. We always have zero morphology. Dr r will probably run a reactive oxygen species test to establish if he needs high anti oxidants for damaged sperm. This was normal for my DF. The only thing he then recommended was proxeed but it never made a difference and we still have 0%. However he said it all depends on how the clinic measure it. Dr r use strict criteria and so do reprofit. Also Dr r said if the bad sperm would meet a perfect egg then the  morphology doesn't  matter at all. At gennet we always had 15% or so normal. I was so surprised that subsequently it was zero everywhere else but gennet didn't count morphology properly or rather on a different scale. Reprofit ALWAYS find a normal sperm with 0% abnormal ones. They only look at I can't remember but like 100 sperm on the test. Out of millions. By the way we stopped using picsi or macs at some stage due to cost and we had better blastocysts with just icsi. And better than with imsi too. All our sperm have small sperm heads that's my only worry as this is where the DNA is. But it never let us down with fertilisation except once on a natural cycle at reprofit (could have been egg or sperm) and on a full stim cycle there was always one egg that didn't fertilise but out of 2-4 eggs each time,at gennet. I don't want to say it was your eggs because you just don't know as sperm plays a role for fertilisation as well as from day 3 where both egg and sperms own DNA takes over. I am not sure if the zero fertilisation is due to reprofit as I had this as both clinics as well as on my NHS cycle in the UK...

On the other hand when I had an embryo with just one pronuclei they let it grow to day 3 (it was a 9cell) but didn't take. Not sure how or why decided not to let it continue?

The progesterone of 14ng was this tested at reprofit and did they say this was ok? How much progesterone did you take? And how long did it take to get the results?

Afm df just administered the decapeptyl depot shot into my buttocks and it wasn't painful at all. On the leaflet it says that it will totally reduce estrogen. Isn't that wrong if I then need to take estrogen to prep the lining? Will I not need to take even more that way to get my lining growing at all?

I also looked back on my progesterone levels and the only cycle I had a positive bhch it was 80nmol which is 25ng, on test day. That was after taking 800mg cyclogest PLUS 25mg prolutex injections per day!  Anyone else taken prolutex / lubion? Is this level about right?

Online queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1965 on: 16/02/19, 23:05 »
    Katkat - Thanks - I am assuming high ROS as I know he has high DNA frag (but I know they aren't related). 
    Penny had put him on high dose vit C and Vit E and he is on the new high strength fertilix (was Proxceed).   I don't know weather or not it's worth spending money on Dr Ramsey as if he doesn't do anything more than Proxeed and high dose Vit C / Vit E. I was wondering about the inflam research he has done. I was also wondering about anti-sperm antibodies and taking preds.

It's good to know with 0% morph that they can still find 1 or 2 good sperm, he has Never had higher than 4% morph (that was on the NHS), Serum it comes back at 1% or 2%, but at Reprofit both times it has come back at 0%.

I agree this month was more than likely just bad eggs as I normally need the dominant follicle and we lost it this month, the high Prog was because I had already ovulated the dominant, but I wanted to know if it was an ovulation or a ruptured cyst as you can't tell from the ultrasound and I didn't pick up an LH peak on the urine tests (normally I am good at picking them up, but maybe I missed it??)

Anyway, I think I am going to go back to 100% natural.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1966 on: 18/02/19, 23:47 »
    wow, gals, so much has happened...

Shady, I'm really sorry about the BFN... I have no idea whether the progesterone issue at the beginning had any effect, but either way losing two blasts is really painful... I'm sorry... I'm glad you're thinking of collecting some more--here's hoping everything starts to run smoothly from now on--it's about time! I hope all the fun/exercise activities you've started doing are paying off and making life more fun and rewarding!

Helen: I'm sorry your BFN is confirmed... Again, it's hard to know what happened, though usually your body seems to really really want to be pregnant... i'm glad you're considering OE again. You've gotten really close a couple of times--I mean, DE is a wonderful choice but I can't help but feel an OE baby is just around the corner... I hope you're coping ok... Take care...

Briss: I'm very relieved the pregnancy has been confirmed to be inside the uterus! There's a part of me hoping against hope that this pregnancy ends up being a good one, despite the slow beta increase... But it looks unlikely--have you considered taking misoprostol to speed things up?! I hope you're ok--I'm sorry you've been in limbo for so long...

queenie: I'm so sorry you had no normal fertilisation--losing the lead must have felt terrible... It's so painful when you do your very best and don't get even one embryo... Hoping next time you get at least one good blast--good luck...

katkat: way too late for this, but I don't see why you couldn't just measure your progesterone and, if it stayed low, just keep taking oestrogen until the thickness built up... I'm sorry the transfer got cancelled--what a waste... I guess you could always try downregging but I have in mind that with stims your lining gets pretty nice and thick... I guess in your place i'd be weighing another potential nothing-happens transfer, which might turn out to be great, vs. a stim cycle with a potential collection--I'd struggle, to be honest... Good luck choosing... It's not an easy choice. People react very differently to fully-medicated transfers, with downregging--for some it's great, for others not so much... But it's generally pretty decent at getting the lining to at least some minimal thickness... Feh. Good luck with your choice...

MSJ: Oh, I'm so sorry you got no fertilisation... I have a feeling your collection was indeed too early--I do think there are levels of maturity of an egg--in my experience, the more mature eggs fertilise more easily and grow into better-looking embryos (though it is possible for an egg to overmature)... i wish they'd let you go on for another day... I'm sorry... Good luck for your next step...

Poppy: I hope you got the answer you wanted from ARGC! I hope the humira has had the hoped-for effect... Good luck!

AFM: scan last Friday was good--cold apparently didn't affect the little guy. I haven't done yoga yet because of the cold and my back is starting to bother me--so hopefully yoga tomorrow and then hopefully no back pain--fingers crossed... But I'm chuffed, really--so far, so good...

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #1967 on: 19/02/19, 10:49 »
    Shady, Iím so sorry for your BFN. Iím sure immune issues can be a money pit as you say but would you consider testing them again? Iím not sure how true it is but I am quite taken by what Alan Beer says about Humira improving egg quality if you have high TNFa. Apparently it treats uterine NK cells at the same time too which is why ARGC donít even test that. Anyway, Iím sure youíve already had experience with immunes so no need for me to babble on. Best of luck with whatever next step you decide.

Helen, I hope youíre ok, great to hear youíre thinking about OE. I think your good blasts are definitely reassurring - best of luck for your next cycle.

Katkat, sorry I donít know all answers to your questions but letrozole isnít supposed to thin the lining which is why itís preferable to Clomid. I think gonal F is supposed to produce more eggs than menopur and in return more estrogen as each egg produces a certain amount of estrogen but of course itís very individual how you react to the drugs. Sorry Iíve never done a FET so canít advise, but it sounds logical that downreg should work with your issues.

Briss, so sorry itís taking so long for you to get a resolution, but really pleased itís in the uterus - like others, I still have a little bit of hope that it might just be ok, but of course I know itís better not to put many hopes in it. I really hope you can move on soon. Can I also ask what are the reasons you donít want to take synthetic estrogen? Iíve not heard of any harm but I know for all of us with low AMH estrogen supplementation is recommended after menopause so that we donít develop osteoporosis so it would be annoying if there are any negative effects from it.

MSJ, Iím sorry about lack of fertilisation. There are studies which say stress doesnít affect it but Iím personally sure it has a role to play, if you think how much it affects, for example, our hair and skin it is logical that it may not be limited to that. Very hard to remove it in our situation but the understanding that stressing definitely wonít make it easier and can only make it harder works a bit for me. Thanks for the info on LAD and DQ alpha - if this cycle doesnít work Iíll look into it.

Queenie, Iím so sorry about your cycle, suppose you are taking supplements for egg quality? I would really concentrate on that - have you looked into DHEA? It is controversial and some clinics donít like it but it has helped lots of women. I think DNA frag could also have something to do with the issues but if your DH is already on supplements then there isnít much more you can do about it really. Hope you have a great cycle next time.

Klik, great to hear all is well with the little guy! Such a relief and Iím really pleased everything is going so well.

Afm, yes, Iím allowed to cycle in April! The doctor said we can fix the TNFa with IVIG in case itís still high but she believes it is very beneficial for me to have taken Humira even if it does cause a flare. On the other hand, my ovulation seems to be late this cycle and I heard Humira can change it. Fingers crossed I wonít need to wait forever for it.

Wishing everyone a great sunny week - the weather definitely helps me feel more positive. I hope there is some good news for us all this spring.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1968 on: 20/02/19, 10:11 »
    Hi ladies, hope youíre all well.
    Briss, any news? Hope youíre doing ok. Iíve been through that period of uncertainty and itís so hard. Low numbers can work out sometimes.

Poppy, super good luck for April. Hope your ovulation is just around the corner.

Kat, how are you feeling? peed off probably that youíve got to wait. I know nothing about down reg. My only concern is that if you donít respond to oestrogen then maybe you just donít respond and increasing the dose might not make a difference. I know thatís not helpful but sometimes I think doctors prescribe artificial hormones when clearly they donít always work but they are like stuck records.

Queenie, sorry your cycle didnít work out. It sucks. Youíre thinking of trying serum again?

Msj, sů sorry your cycle didnít work out.

Klik, glad youíre feeling better. Maybe one day you will be able to do yoga! Hereís hoping.

AFM, well rather unexpectedly Iím sitting in a hospital in Athens waiting to have a hysteroscopy. I can here for an overnight visit as I decided to get the Chicago tests as I decided to throw the kitchen sink at it and to find out if I really need steroids (even though the Chicago tests donít show up everything so still fairly inconclusive).
    Anyway, they wanted to do an aquascan even though I had one last month which was apparently fine. They could see what could be an adhesion. I could see it on the screen. It kinda looked like my uterus was stuck into two parts but I could also see he could push the catheter through it. The Dr thought it could be adhesion it it could be a thick bit of lining. Penny looked at results and compared images from both my recent aquascan and there was a definite difference so she recommended a hysteroscopy to find out what it is. I hadnít eaten yet so they booked me in today and here I am waiting for my operation at 2pm absolutely starving and without water so feeling a bit out of it before I even start!
    No idea how this scan result can be so different in a month but I did have a lot of pain during my tww. After tww my period was heavy but only lasted a day which was odd. Today Iím Day 9 and my lining measured 9mm which is unheard of for me as naturally it never gets above 7mm. So I think somethings going on in there, who knows what! I had to change my flights, my car is in the parking at Luton and no idea how to extend the stay and I donít even have a hotel lined up for tonight. Fun and games eh?! Iíll let you know how I get on. I hate general anaesthetic and Iím all by myself, poor me! Xxx

Offline Poppy1981

modify
    « Reply #1969 on: 20/02/19, 14:10 »
    Helen, just a quick message to say best of luck with it all! Sounds a pain but at least youíll know whatís going on. Iím sure Penny knows what sheís doing (Iíve only had brief interaction with her but really liked her). Hope it goes quickly and painlessly and youíll find a place to stay tonight without any trouble too!