* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125049 times)

0 Members

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #1970 on: 21/02/19, 09:21 »
Helen, how did it go? I hope you are ok. I'm sorry you had to go through that on your own. But what you described sounded like hyso was in order so good call.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1971 on: 21/02/19, 10:47 »
    Helen, wow what a whirlwind trip. I hope it all went well, you had somewhere to sleep and your car is still there today! Any outcome with the hysto?

Briss, hope all going well. Are you still in the running then? I really hope so..!

Poppy so glad you can cycle in April hooray

Klik was that your 20-weeks scan? How are you feeling?

AFM I asked my clinic about what their minimum cut off for progesterone on day of transfer would be and they said 30 nmol (which is just 9ng) - can this be right? This seems awfully low to me. At Gennet they wanted it to be 100 nmol on bhcg test date. Not sure how this translate to what it should be on transfer day though. Does progesterone go up gradually? What is your clinic's minimum at transfer day?

So I have now been put on a different estrogen combo to try next month: 2 x estrofem vaginally at night and oestrogel skin gel morning and night. Apparently one dose of oestrogel is about the same as 2 pills. So I will be on 12mg of estrogen! Apparently I was on 8mg on my last cycle which increased to about double that at the end!

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1972 on: 21/02/19, 11:26 »
    Kat, I think 9 ng is totally fine on transfer day. 9-15 ng was actually enough to support my pregnancy, i didn't even spot. But it's not a good number for pregnancy.  100 nmol on bfp day sounds ok to me. On my normal bfp cycles my progesterone went up to 60 ng on 11 dpo but this is due to implantation.  Without implantation your levels well be below 20 ng. I'm still wondering whether my lower progesterone levels on implantation this cycle contributed to the failure of this pregnancy. Probably not but can't shake the feeling that it might be.

I think I've miscarried but will need to see the scan tomorrow to confirm. It looked like a super heavy af and not like a proper miscarriage which is probably due to much earlier stage of development. I wonder if I should try and collect this cycle or skip it and wait for clear af?

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1973 on: 21/02/19, 12:09 »
    Aw briss I am really sorry, I don;t know why I was so optimistic for you, I kind of believed the embryo will sort of make it despite the odds. I am sure everyone will tell you it's best to wait a month, but I totally get your point to collect again - but what I'd be a little worried about is that it may not be the right environment to put the embryo back in and I guess you don't want to freeze still and transfer the following month?  That is really interesting hearing about the progesterone able to support a pregnancy when it's on the lower side. I have a feeling I don;t absorb synthetic drugs or even supplements and vitamins well

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1974 on: 21/02/19, 19:56 »
    I still have hcg in my blood. I don't understand it I already stopped bleeding why I still have hcg? Its 30 so not high compared to 800 a week ago but I was expecting it to be 0.

Kat I have the same issue with iron. I take tonnes of this stuff in different forms but I'm still always iron deficient I just can't absorb it for some reason.

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1975 on: 21/02/19, 20:11 »
    Helen: I hope you're ok... thinking of you... that did all sound suspicious... my limited understanding of adhesions suggests that they potentially get worse the longer they are left--they ideally need to be addressed right away, as soon as they occur... It also suggests that aquascans are not the best way to identify them--HSGs or hysteroscopies are better--which might explain why the first aquascan didn't catch it... I'm encouraged by the catheter being able to get through it--that suggests the adhesions (if adhesions they are!) are not very dense, or at least that they don't cover that much of your uterus. Whatever it was, I hope it was resolved... It would definitely help explain the BFN, as adhesions make implantation much harder. I always wonder about adhesions after m/cs, especially after ERPCs, because of course my experience colours my perceptions... whatever it was, I hope it is now resolved. I'm saddened to think you may have wasted two potentially good blastocysts on a uterus that wasn't ready, though--I'm really sorry about that...

Poppy: I'm so glad ARGC is being flexible! Hurray for that! And good luck in April!

Briss: oh, I'm sorry this miscarriage has been so prolonged... I think you're right--if you ever really got to a gestational sac, the miscarriage is basically a very heavy AF. I had that experience some years ago--it was painful and unpleasant but it was a lot like an unusually heavy AF... Take care of yourself and rest up... As for what to do next, I'm actually in the hopelessly-optimistic school of thought that cycles immediately after miscarriages are particularly fertile, both the eggs and the uterus. I don't believe there's any hard data about this, but there seems to be abundant anecdotal data that the cycles immediately following m/cs are particularly productive. In your place I know I would try, but you must do what you feel is right--your instincts will tell you the right thing, I think! Oh, re. hcg, it can take a while for it to settle back down but please do check in another couple of days to make sure it is still going down... my hcg two years ago took unusually long to come down and looking back I think that's because I turned out to have retained products--hopefully not the case with you!

AFM: all good here, except for some pretty mild back pain if I sit for too long (which i do). I took a tremendously underwhelming yoga class on Tuesday--I think teachers are generally frightened of pushing us too hard, so they err on the side of caution and don't really help us build the muscles needed to support our changing bodies. Tomorrow I'm going to pilates, and I have hopes that the teachers there will be a bit more helpful!

Offline MSJ

modify
    « Reply #1976 on: 22/02/19, 00:03 »
    Briss sorry this is being dragged out for you. As for collecting eggs I guess go with what you feel most comfortable with. If it were me I would wait as I feel like itís too much trauma and stress to get over, but if you feel ready then why not.

Katkat at ARGC they liked to have progesterone level above 100 nmol during the 2 week wait. Iím not sure on transfer day though. I really wasnít very impressed with Gennet and the consultant I had on my follow up. I had very heavy bleeding around 7 days post transfer whilst taking progesterone support. On Bhcg test date my progesterone level was 36 nmol and she said thatís normal! I really felt I wasnít getting adequate progesterone support.

Helen I hope the hysteroscopy went ok and you managed to sort out hotel to stay and car parking at the airport. Sorry youíre having to go through this on your own.

Poppy good luck for April!

Klik glad all is good you managed to do some very gentle yoga. I went to yoga today for the first time in a while and it was quite hard!

AFM I have a date for surgery now 3rd of April. Itís a busy time of the year for us end of the financial year, but itís been stupid busy all of Jan and Feb and continue to be in March so I donít think there is a good time ever. I just hope my boss doesnít say I canít go off to have surgery. I have been trying to get more people to join the team so hopefully we will have someone to start next week and thereís a month of training. Iíve also decided Iím going to slowly start looking for another job after another ridiculous incident today. I just think all the stress isnít doing me any good.

Also can I ask does anyone else get really sore boobs after egg collection? I do after some cycles get really sore boobs after ovulation. Sometimes doesnít stop straight away after period starts. Is that a sign of being peri menopausal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1977 on: 22/02/19, 00:49 »
    briss - thinking of you, keep having the hcg done, x x x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #1978 on: 22/02/19, 09:35 »
    Briss, the HCG is normal. It takes a while to go down. Just do a test in a week and should be gone, it can take two weeks but as itís already down to 30 it shouldnít take long. So sorry for the MC. Hope you are doing ok.

Msj...Iíve had really sore boobs pre ovulation this cycle. Iím not sure which hormone is high right now to be giving me such sore boobs but they are really uncomfortable. Iím worried itís really high FSH which would relate to Peri menopause.

Kat, I think progesterone should be around 20ng when you transfer. Mine was way higher than that but then I did have 6 follicles producing progesterone plus supplements. My clinic reassured me that it canít be too high but Iím not sure about that.

AfM, thanks for the well wishes. Iím home. Iím fine just tired. Iím not quite sure what was wrong. I definitely saw from the aquascan that my uterus was kinda divided into two and the scan before my transfer clearly wasnít although I could see a slight lump so maybe it was just starting. I canít feel bad about transfer two embryos as I had the aquascan before and was told everything was fine. Anyway in the hysteroscopy the Dr told me that the water they put in was able to separate the ďadhesionĒ so it definitely wasnít dense and looked to me like a lump of lining. I guess this could have become worse. Before the hysteroscopy the Dr said it could be an adhesion or something else and I canít remember the word he used but he said something about the lining just being thick. So maybe it would have gone away with a period. Either way at least itís been sorted and they did implantation cuts. They did find inflammation though. Iíve been tested positive for the hidden C so I guess this is part of the same thing. Penny says that it never goes away. Iíve been given antibiotics but I had a course of antibiotics last month on the cycle so I donít have much faith they actually make a difference. Do you think this inflammation actually means I have PID. I guess thereís nothing else I can do about it than take antibiotics?
    So now Iím trying to make the decision to try OE again or go straight to DE. Iím finding it really difficult to know what to do. I wonder if itís normal to make the choice to go to DE and yet always have the feeling of what if? Iím scared of trying OE and having another MC which will set me back 6 months. I like the idea of increasing my odds with DE but Iím scared if that doesnít work either. Iím not sure how Iíll come to a decision on this. Older women can get pregnant with OE, weíve all seen it happen, but should I be comparing myself to someone else?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1979 on: 22/02/19, 11:35 »
    Helen, in your case I'd carry on with OE because you are still producing eggs, they fertilise and make good embryos, you achieve implantation- I think it's just a matter of time until you get to the embryo that sticks. But I do understand the fear of having another mc. Unfortunately the risk is there.

I associate sore boobs with high progesterone. I wouldn't expect to have high progesterone right after ovulation  even if you are taking artificial one but I'd check if your progesterone goes up too early. Could be some sort of hormonal imbalance.

I wouldn't worry about inflammation/ hidden C (I doubt you have inflammation actually, what Penny sees as inflammation have been interpreted as healthy endometrium by UK doctors, there is a lot of conflicting views on this one) I also wouldn't take more than one course of AB. A healthy gut bacteria system is really important and AB tend to wipe it out completely and it takes a bit of time to get back into shape after AB. Btw it has been discovered fairly recently that one of the largest components of breast milk is indigestible by babies. Basically it's there not to feed the baby but the baby's gut bacteria! Fascinating! But also makes you think how important it is to maintain a healthy gut flora.