* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 117453 times)

0 Members

Offline LauraC81

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #210 on: 17/02/18, 20:15 »
Tily:  Best of luck to you!  Let us know how it went and lots of baby dust heading your way!

Klik:  Thank you, am trying, I'm just super impatient anyway and it feels like we've waited so long already to get to this point!

Mac78:  Best of luck for Monday, go knock em dead!

Ma66:  Haha, thank you, sometimes I feel like I'm back in school not understanding it all!

LXP: FX for.tomorrow, sending you lots of baby dust!

Babyhopeful:  Yeah it wasn't easy to hear but the lovely nurses at our local GUM clinic told me to ignore him which helped!  My periods went back to normal fairly quickly after my last cycle so can't help I'm afraid.  Have you tried acupuncture?  I've found that my ovulation has been off the charts since I started acupuncture.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 18/02/18, 07:10 »
    Morning Ladies we got a BFN today. We are gutted to say the least. What would you say our best next steps would be? Try Clomid again as we did get pregnant on that? Try ivf again or iui as nothing wrong with my hubby? Any suggestions welcomed.

Hope you are having better weekends than us xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #212 on: 18/02/18, 08:15 »
    LXP, I'm so sorry how heartbreaking  after all the effort. I'm not sure about the next steps as not good with meds but I know it's important to focus on the next step to get through this. Be kind to yourself you went all the way to transfer so next time is likely to bring you your baby.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 18/02/18, 08:46 »
    Oh LXP I'm so sorry to hear that :( sending loads of hugs your way.  As for next steps I'm afrais I wouldn't have a clue as have to have IVF due to DHs genetic condition but, if you haven't already tried it, I would recommend looking into acupuncture.  I've started having it this time round after hearing wonderful things about it following my first cycle and it does seem to be doing things to my body.
    Sending hugs a plenty, take care of yourself and treat yourself to something nice today xx

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #214 on: 18/02/18, 10:59 »
    LXP - Iím so sorry to hear your news, I know how heartbreaking a negative result is especially when youíve come so far. I would take some time to heal. Iím not sure about next steps either. It depends on personal and financial circumstances. One thing I would say is that IVF is a bit of a lottery and just because your number didnít come up this time doesnít mean it wonít next time.

LauraC81 - Thank you for your advice about acupuncture. I have been having it on and off when ttc naturally and for my last IVF cycle. I generally get mixed results with strong ovulation some months and not so strong others. I do find it relaxes me  though and my acupuncturist helps to keep me feeling positive. Iím not having any at the mo as she wants me to take a break until I get the date of my next IVF.

Afm - The mid cycle bleed has eased off and my boobs are sore as if I have ovulated. Iím writing this month off though. Hopefully next month my hormones will have settled down.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 18/02/18, 11:29 »
    LXP, am so sorry to hear you got bfn, take a bit of time to weigh up your options. Maybe you could do a few clomid cycles before starting another IVF cycle if no luck. Thatís what we had planned to do last year while taking time between IVF cycles.

Babyhopeful, could it be ovulation spotting? I know some ladies bleed around ovulation.  I also had a positive opk on thursday (CD14 for me) and was feeling fairly positive until yesterday when I had quite a bad fall and now have a bad pain in my groin area where I think I pulled something, but its so close to where I feel ovary/period pain its hard not to think the worst. However am still taking my leftover cyclogest and hoping for the best. Now this is really silly but I worked out the due date and it would be on my birthday - now my bday is the same as my mums and she jokes that she hasnt had a proper bday since i was born as they have always been overshadowed by mine, so i have always said that i will most likely have my baby the same day and then my bday will be overshadowed too. Silly I know.

Laura, Iíve tried acupuncture along with chinese herbs, whilst it was relaxing it didnt actually do anything for my cycles. I think its work more for some people than for others, but is always good to have some chill out time.

Off for a spa day today anyway, be good to relax... xx

Offline tily

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 18/02/18, 13:53 »
    LXP, I'm so sorry it was a BFN today. That is so disappointing after a cycle that exceeded expectations.
    I've no advice re next steps just take time to grieve and then replan when you feel ready.

AFM, unfortunately the rollercoaster continued into the weekend. The 2 follicles produced 1 mature egg yesterday and after 24 hours of hope and praying, I landed in Dublin this morning and got the devastating news from the lab that the mature egg didn't fertilise. Luckily, DH was with me and we are licking out wounds today. Not sure where to go from here if I can't even get 1 mature egg to fertilise via ICSI. I've a lot of questions swirling around about why this happened; egg quality, frozen sperm not working correctly, lab incompetence. I thought the cycle had a lot going for it despite the slowly rising oestrogen, when the Letrozole left my system oestrogen skyrocketed very quickly and on Friday my sex drive was extremely high so I'd interpreted that as a good sign for quality. But clearly something went very badly wrong. Kinda numb to be honest. Hope everyone else is having a better weekend. Xx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #217 on: 18/02/18, 15:01 »
    Tily, I am so sorry, this is just so unfair after everything you have been through! unfortunately i know how you feel, been there too many times... i too always have questions but rarely any answers. it could be egg or sperm or both, or something at the lab since ICSI is a delicate procedure. However, most likely it's to do with the egg. I wonder if the egg collection day was picked correctly? i know with me a lot depends on that and if the egg is picked a day early it won't fertilise even if it's made mature by the trigger shot.  i know you had very promising oestrogen levels at the end but sometimes the egg needs to get the right doses of hormones at the right time so who knows maybe it needed more of something earlier in the cycle. growing a good egg is such a tricky business. or possibly this cycle just was not the one as you know we get less and less chromosomal sound eggs as we age so this could just be a bad cycle. re frozen sperm, this is something i think about a lot and while it works for many ladies i keep wondering whether this is the right path for us considering the slow fertilisation/growth last cycle. it never happened with fresh sperm but it was an unusual cycle with EC on day 20 so likely to do with the egg. logistically using frozen sperm is just wonderful but i keep this option under review at the moment.

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #218 on: 18/02/18, 18:36 »
    Laura- Thanks for replying but Edinburg is  a bit too far indeed.

Ma66- Thanks for the adivice. I  normally buy Pureclinica Ubiquinol from Amazon and I think it was Briss that recommended to me, but it's pretty much the same price as the others brands that I can find on my local health store, just has higher absorption.

Babyhopeful- Thanks for the advice and I am sorry you are having a wonky cycle. It happened to me more than once, but mine started as a light bleed to AF within 7 days after positive opk, back then when I mentioned to my gynaecologist  she said it was normal in cases like mine and I wasnít off or staring any medication, just due to my hormones imbalance, so I do  hope you next cycle will be normal.

LXP- I am truly sorry about your BFN ^hugme^. I donít know what to suggest for your next cycle, but I am with the rest of the ladies - no matter what the next step is, please take care yourself mentally and physically and do try to treat yourself because your deserve.

Sunshine- I hope your had a good day at the SPA, I also had my mini SPA day, but at home and it feels real good to be able to take this time to look after myself an give a rest to my  body and mind.

Tily- I am sorry it wasnít  a positive outcome from the 2 follicles. I can imagine how frustrating and tired you are feeling right ^hugme^ now and  itís  impossible not to have all these question in your mind now. You know I donít have much experience but I am wondering if  might be related with the collection day?

Offline queenie123

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #219 on: 18/02/18, 18:42 »
    Tily - I am so so sorry It is so so rubbish when things don't go right.

I hope you can get some peace. 

I think it matters a lot weather the egg was from your very big follicle or from the next biggest one.  Your second big follicle was around 15mm  at trigger right?     I often have mature eggs from follicles bigger than 14mm but they never fertilise until they are around 16-17mm.   If your dominant follicle was burst (ie you ovulated) or it lutenised before or it was empty that would explain it to me.  Did they scan you just before you went to EC to make sure it hadn't gone?   I've been in the situation where it has gone literally 30 mins before EC before.

I know your head must be all over the place but unless you know the egg you collected was from your dominant follicle I would not give up completely. 

It might be worth missing the letrazole for you next time, it didn't necessarily help with giving your more follicles and appeared to confuse matters.  Ie made it difficult to interpret weather your dom follicle was healthy based on your E2 levels.