* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 127163 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #30 on: 28/01/18, 19:36 »
LXP, aslong as there has been growth since your last scan and your estrogen level is increasing, as everyone responds so differently. How long have you been stimming for? Good luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 28/01/18, 19:49 »
    LXP: amazing that you have even growth! That's lovely!!! As for Vitamin D, most of us are deficient, especially in this not-very-sunny country! From memory, I think I use 25mcg... And Vitamin C was Dr Ozturk's recommendation to prep for transfers, rather than egg collections... Plus he said to stop taking vitamin C once the embryo has been transferred (it's been found that lots of antioxidants are great for egg development but not so good for embryo development...) As for your scan, what cycle day are you? This won't surprise you but you're looking for growth (on average 1mm per day for each follicle) and your lining thickening... I actually write all this data down, so if the sonographer doesn't tell you feel free to ask for follicle sizes and lining thickness!

Mac: sorry ovulation tracking is driving you loopy--it has the same effect on me! FWIW, my impression is that you've ovulated--don't worry if LH stayed high for 3 days--that's not so strange... If it's more than 3 days, though, then there's probably a different reason why your LH is high. One thing that, for me, is surprisingly accurate is tracking my basal body temperature: when I wake up each morning, before getting out of bed, I take my temperature and record it along with the time of day. After ovulation, my temperature always goes up; right before AF, it always goes back down. It doesn't help you predict when to BD (temperature only goes up after ovulation), but for cases like yours where the OPK is making you confused and anxious, it helps to confirm whether or not ovulation has happened...

Helen: If your lining continues puzzling you, I think it's worth seeing Dr Geoffrey Trew, at 92 Harley Street: https://www.92harleystreet.com/contact/ -- each consultation is £250, and if he sends you for a HSG with Prof Hemingway, that would be another £465 (so you might be looking at £965 just for the purposes of diagnosis (counting one consultation before and one after the HSG)--I haven't even found out how much the lap will cost yet, as I can't get through to someone who can give me any info on it...) Expensive, but so far I'd say it's worth every penny, to either set your mind at ease or to address a really egregious problem... Still, I hope your lining looks perfect this cycle and gives you reason to stop worrying about it altogether!

Anna: thanks! Hope your weekend has been good!

Babyhopeful: hang in there! When is OTD?!

Sunshine: Ugh, I'm so sorry you have some reason to expect bad news... I hope the news are better than you expect, though... Good luck tomorrow...

ross: Congrats on being PUPO!!! Wow, so much PUPOness going on on this thread! I'm hoping we're starting the year on an excellent note!

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 28/01/18, 21:32 »
    Bit of a random one ladies but....sore boobs? For the last couple of months mine have become huge and super sore. During stims they got ridiculously sore and it still continues. I thought they might have calmed down by now as Iíve started my period so surely hormones would be at different levels. Whatís making my boobs so swollen and so sore all the time? Itís driving me insane as they hurt. They were like this when I was pregnant but Iím definitely not. I wondered if it might be an indication of certain hormones being high? Any ideas?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 29/01/18, 09:21 »
    Klik, thank you for looking into my numbers. It does seem strange that my estrogen would go from 1800 3 days before ovulation to 660 on day of ovulation. But actually it seems that both estrogen and LH are down on ovulation . If I understand  correctly estrogen goes up until LH start to surge and at that point which is roughly 2 days before ovulation it starts to go down. It goes properly down probably a few days after ovulation but I think it would still be lower on ovulation day than just before LH surged?

Katkat, all clinics seem to have different views on when to test. I know Munich does not believe in late implanters so if bloods are negative on 11 dpo they advise to stop progesterone and move on. I personally think testing on 14 dpo can be too late. With my chemical on 14 dpo my bloods were 9 so we just about caught the end of the chemical. Btw frer did give me a faint positive line even the next day when bloods went down to 5.

Mac, which brand vit D are you taking? My prenatal has about 1600 and I added 1000 more but it might be too little ?

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 29/01/18, 12:11 »
    Mac, why do you keep testing for LH surge? It's just that I usually stop testing as soon as LH surge is picked up. Some have long LH surge lasting a few days others short I'm not sure whether it makes any difference. Probably not?

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 29/01/18, 13:41 »
    So I got a report sent through by the clinic, they have frozen the 3 day grade 2 8cell, a 3cc and 4cc blast. I know they arenít great quality but i guess atleast they survived. X

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 29/01/18, 14:35 »
    Re endocrinology , my doc was DR NIDA CHAMMAS, she is also a reproductive endocrinologist so she understands that tsh's norm while ttc is below 2 and not 4 like what every other endocrinologist I met seemed to think. http://www.thelondonclinic.co.uk/consultants/dr-nida-chammas I used to contact her secretary as she works in several locations

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 29/01/18, 16:03 »
    Briss - thank you. Will check out Dr Chammas.

Babyhopeful - my thoughts exactly re ZW vits via Amazon. I was panicking abit. Thank you for the vit protocol. Glad to hear your progesterone results have come back ok. Fingers crossed for your OTD.

Katkat, Mac78, Klik thanks for the advice about Vit protocols. I will be changing to Pregnacare. I have binned the ZW vits via Amazon. Plus yes they were very expensive. I hadn't heard of the Ultrawoman high Potency from Holland and Barratt. Will check them out.

Mac78- OPKs drive me crazy. Annakay is right about the ultrasound.

Katkat - hope things become less chaotic with Hammersmith.

Helenbeau - someone said Walnuts, pomegranate and beetroot juice are good for lining. I have been making beetroot cutlets with potatos which taste nice. I will try my hand with homemade beetroot juice but heard it is dire without apple and carrots as well. Does anyone else have any recommendations for lining? Fingers crossed for your FET.

Fingers crossed for all the ladies. Let's hope this New year brings joy to one and all.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^
    Blue x

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 29/01/18, 17:13 »
    Congratulations on your 4 frosties sunshine, hopefully better news that you were expecting.

This is my first IVF cycle and I have found it to be a real roller-coaster so far. I have now been stimming for 12 days. Having been told by my consultant that due to my AMH I may not get any eggs, and then being told I had 5 follicles to being told I had 6 two days later. Today I have been told I have 6 on my left ovary and they could not find my right one so in theory I have 9 or maybe more!! It is very rare to get good news so I wanted to share this. My lining has gone down from 7.7 to 6.8 but they did not seem concerned about this as my hormones have gone from 678 - 1355 - 3354 today! I have another scan on Wednesday with hopefully EC Friday when we will find out if there is anything in any of these beautiful follies!!

Thank you for all the advise so far. 

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 29/01/18, 18:34 »
    I've just noticed the sperm results we got using frozen sperm and they are quite bad only 4% motility out of 6 million.... it's like most sperm didn't survive freezing. Maybe our fertilisation result is due to sperm rather than egg quality. I wonder.

Ladies thanks for your input re high blood pressure, I don't use any sedation during ec so it must be unrelated. Just more more issue to look into...

Helen, I'm sorry holiday is not on the cards for you but I do hope you'll get excellent lining for your FET!

Anna, you are absolutely right by asking lots questions and telling you doc what to do. There were quite a few cycles where I lost precious eggs because I was too tired to take complete control of my cycle and trusted the clinic. Klik is right they just can't remember all the tiny crucial details about our fertility so often we are judged by average standards which don't apply. Question everything and keep asking and if it comes to it change the clinic.

're Amazon orders, ladies I have the same problem. I ordered new coq10 and all my hormonal havoc started from the moment i went on it so I keep thinking whether it's a real deal. Only last week I moved back to a cheaper brand tbat u used before so well see if things are going to improve