* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 123080 times)

0 Members

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #40 on: 29/01/18, 20:43 »
Oh sunshine that's such fantastic news that you got 3 frozen!

Ross, wishing you a speedy 2ww!

Briss that's really interesting to know what the sperm was like after thawing, I've never asked about it. What was the motility like before thawing the sperm again?

Babyhopeful hope your 2ww is going OK.  I have to say I am not really stressed at all as have written the cycle off before it had even started. I keep on forgetting that I'm supposed to be in a 2ww

Helen isn't sore boobs due to high levels of estrogen/ imbalance of hormones?

Afm talking about an imbalance of hormones, I've had night sweats this cycle for the last 4 days, I had them before but I cannot remember when. I think it was when I did my ERA when i used estrogen.  But on this natural cycle I didn't take any estrogen so I wonder if it's due to the utrogestan. But I usually take far higher doses of cyclogest and don't get night sweats....  Before anyone gets excited, on my only.bfp I didn't have night sweats either (instead I got acne and vivid dreams). Could high progesterone levels cause this or maybe just this particular brand (utrogestan)? Or would it be due to a sudden drop in estrogen causing this (but it wasn't a stimulated cycle and my estrogen was normally high before ovulation)? I am only taking 400mg of utrogestan per day whilst usually I take 800mg cyclogest plus injectables. It's just disgusting waking up drenched ...

By the way my zita west from amazon seem to be the right ones with folate in them - it was just that the image on amazon showed the wrong ingredients (folic acid)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AdelineX

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 29/01/18, 23:01 »
    Ross: wonderful news, you're PUPO! Keeping everything crossed for a BFP! We're not mobile, I'm afraid to move sperm samples to another clinic, so I'll stick with Reprofit, triple check everything and continue to be a pain in their neck. They didn't even mention DE, as I told them from the beginning that we're not ready for that.

Sunshine - having frosties is wonderful, even if they are not top quality. Many B or C embryos became healthy babies, so you can definitely to hope for the best! I found something about the Letroozle protocol here, it may be useful - http://www.ivfmd.net/services/aggressive-ivf-protocols

LXP - I hope you get great news on Friday! 6 follies is great for low AMH, do you mind sharing how low it is?  I would give anything for 6 follies next stimulation!

Babyhopeful - I hope you 2ww is going great, don't worry about symptoms, many ladies don't have any and they get their BFP. Or they feel the imminent arrival of AF, and when they test, she's at the South Pole :)

Kat - sounds like hormones causing the night sweats to me. They do cause changes in the way we perceive temperature, so it could well be this.

Briss - frozen sperm can misbehave, but, as you know, everybody blames the egg. I just read on a different FF thread that fertilization failure could be due to a reduced capacity of the sperm to activate the egg. I also know that there is a clinic in Ghent in Belgium that offers assisted oocyte activation, I'm not quite sure of their conditions, as, in my case, due to advanced age, the zero fertilization we got with our only egg was probably the egg's fault. But it's an interesting direction, since no one can really tell if a gamete is chromosomally competent or not just by looking at it.   
    Are you using ubiquinol or normal coQ10? I know that there is more than one source to extract it - one of them is tobacco, and that is not good.

AFM - My negotiations odyssey with my dr. goes on, as I'm approaching the dreaded day 20 when I'll start estrogen priming. Still undecided what to do - microdose flare or short antagonist. I guess I'll decide when my dr. tells me how many antrals I have. I stood my ground and did something probably stupid and useless- I asked my dr. to allow me to bank oocytes if I continue to get one egg each stimulation. I'll do modified/naturals if the next one fails. I know older eggs don't thaw well and it may be a terrible waste, but, crazy as it is, it's our last chance with OE.  I literally threw everything at this cycle - myo-inositol, 4mg, 600 ubiquinol for 2 months, aspirin, vit D, Omega 3, folic acid 5 mg, euthyrox....I'll start blood thinners with stimulation, as it may be beneficial to have better blood flow, I have some thrombophilia mutations. 

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #42 on: 29/01/18, 23:04 »
    Sunshine122 - thatís great that youíve got some frozen embies. I really wouldnít get hung up on the grading. Our embryologist told us that she is continually surprised by the outcomes after transfers and basically anything can happen!

Briss - My tsh was above 3 when we first started trying and I pretty much think that was one of reasons why we didnít have any success naturally. Now I think itís more to do with my ageing ovaries. It was only last Jan that both my testosterone and tsh returned to more normal levels after I stopped taking bc in 2015! Weirdly though my last ivf was the best in terms of egg numbers and that was after a month of bc. I hope that the change of coq10 brand will help things settle down.

LXP - thatís great to hear that there may be more follies than expected! Iíll keep my fingers crossed that EC goes well.

Katkat - Iím getting night sweats too!! Iím going to bed feeling cold and waking in the middle of the night feeling like Iím on fire. Itís been going by on since the end of last week and I canít keep up with all the pjs Iím going through. Iím blaming the cyclogest at this point. We did a few natural cycles about 18 months ago with cyclogest for luteal phase support and I remember feeling pretty sweaty then! Itís good to hear that youíre not feeling stressed at all by this tww. I def think thatís the best way to be. Iím a bit more relaxed than my first cycle, but I know Iím still going to be massively disappointed with a bfn, even though I am expecting it. Iíve only made loose plans for the weekend in case I need a duvet day to just feel sorry for myself.

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 30/01/18, 07:02 »
    Morning Ladies

Thank you Babyhopeful and Annakay.

Annakay my AMH was 4.4 in the summer and in November 2017 was down to 2.7. I was 35 in December.

I hope the 2ww continues to be stress free. Are you trying visualisation? My accupunterist says it's really important but I'm struggling with it. I do use mindfulness apps which I find help me relax and obess a little less....

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 30/01/18, 09:32 »
     Struggling to keep up with you ladies :)

rossssss, congratulations on being pupo! Great result! Did penny do hysteroscopy before your cycle? Also was your dh on antibiotics?

Katkat, utrogestan is the Czech one? It's my least favourite progesterone. I don't know how to describe it but it feels very hard on the body. Its also the one that screwed my hormones for the following cycle. I'd switch to cyclogest if you can. I did used up my stock when I was pregnant but it was the end of the 1st trimester so didn't really matter

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 30/01/18, 10:07 »
    Hi ladies,

This threat is moving super fast!

Briss- I am taking  Sports Research High Potency Vitamin D3. In regards to why testing opks, this was an odd because I didn't test from day 7 because I haven't ovulated for the last 3 months and it's so hard to keep testing and getting negative all the time. This cycle I didn't want  to test but when I felt the symptoms on day 15 I decided to test, then when I got positive I couldn't believe and I thought I will do again next day, but next day I  went to work and had a crazy busy day and forgot about it, so I tested on day 17 and it was still positive that's why I got very confused, but I think on day 17th lunch it was on its way down but still high enough to show as a positive.

LPX- Great news that you have more than you expected and I hope EC goes well :) Which app are you using? I struggle with visualisation but I am using heartmath for mindfulness and I really like it.

Sunshine- I agree with AnnaKay as I read in  so many posts in others threats about B or C embryos becoming  healthy babies, so lets hope for the best!

Babyhopeful - I am sorry you are expecting for the worst, but please dont give up and maybe try to expect for the best. I know is easier said than done but whatever happens you know we are all  here for you.

Hello to everyoen one else. I will try to cath up with everyone later.

Big  ^hugme^

Offline HappyC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 30/01/18, 13:16 »
    Thank you, Briss... Thank you all :) This is my first Embryo Transfer and I'm literally terrified how would I(we) accept BFN ...

Briss - No I made one hysteroscopy in June 2017, so Penny said its ok, not neccessery, just aqua scan and yes we were on antibiotics - for a month. If I have a positive result will have to start with Azythrsomycin again

Babyhopeful, Katkat - I dont have night sweats, but I feel like got a cold. And I can't sleep !!! Every hour go to the toilet and than just can't ... at 5 a.m. totaly wake up ... I'm taking Prednizolon 5mg daily and may be this is a side efect from it.  The other strange thing is bloating... alot - looks like already pregnant. Just hope it is not overstimulation, but will see.
    Wish you high b hCG levels :)

AnnaKay - I have thrombophilia mutations too, and I was on clexane injections during stimulation - once per day, but it was very important to take only 7 and then stop. After ET started again. No aspirin during stim, after ET.

LXP - waht is this "visualization"?

Fingers crossed for all of you

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 30/01/18, 13:49 »
    Visualisation as I understand it is where you relax into almost like meditation breathing, and then imagine you already have what you want. My acupuncturist also said to talk to relative that have past away and ask them to help you achieve you goals. But I just cannot do this I don't think. I do talk to my follicles when I am walking the dog to tell them what they need to do next - mad I know. So far I don't think anyone other than the dog has heard me........

Mac78 I am using Relax Lite and Mindful IVF. I find both relaxing although Relax Lite is my favourite. There is an app I found called Visualization for success but I don't get on with it very well.

I guess all this helps to positive mental attitude... 

Offline HappyC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 30/01/18, 15:13 »
     ;D .. thank you :) it's sweet, I can try  ::)

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #49 on: 30/01/18, 15:53 »
    Hi ladies,

I am just back from my scan and I could do with your input as I am very confused right now ^idiot^

So  I am on day 21 and I wanted to confirm if I ovulated last week, according to opks my peak was on day 15, but I came back with more questions after my scan. The report says 'no dominant follicle seen' only antral follicles, which I have so many of them and this is very unusual, so I have 5 antral follicle on the right all in the range of 4mm and 7mm (all very small), but even more surprisingly was my let ovary, which is the smallest and normally  don't have anything at all, it was showing  3 antral follicle from 8mm to 11mm, so slightly  bigger than the ones on  the right. The sonographer said she couldn't confirm I had  ovulated  last week and she said it was like a puzzle for her because in general the Digital Ovulation test are quite reliable. She said I should hope for the best as she thinks that is quiet possible that  I had a dominant and maybe it's fertilised. I would thought she would be able to see if that was the case.??

The good thing is that  my lining is back to normal - showing normal and uniform measuring 6mm. I really think that the issues with my lining back in November was because of raspberry leaf tablets.

On Sunday I felt so dizzy that I had to stop reading my book and I couldn't even watch TV, and this morning I felt so tired that, even though I slept through all night, it was super hard to get out of bed. :(

I have an appointment next Monday with Gynaecologist from NHS, nothing to do with IVF, it's to  discuss what type of HRT I should be using to help me cope with hormones fluctuations because my last prescription was almost 1 year ago and I only used for a short time.  I am hoping they will do some blood tests so t I can maybe understand what is going with my body right now.
     :(