* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 123071 times)

0 Members

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #90 on: 3/02/18, 11:08 »
Hi everyone,

Sending a special  bear  hug to  katkat and babyhopeful ^hugme^. It is good to hear you already making plans but as the other girls mentioned I hope you both are taking some time to treat yourselves. You both deserve as it's been hard and we all know that this is a very difficult journey and we all feel so many  emotions in only one cycle and this alone can be  very exhausting.

Briss- I am sorry for your BFN ^hugme^ but is good that you know now that the eggs were mature. I am completely lost on your cycle as  I thought you never got to ET, I am sorry I probably missed  your posts because this threat moves quiet fast and is hard to keep up with everything. When you say you are going to stock up on cetroide can you buy without perspiration? BTW my GP doesn't do blood test wherever I want :( I went a private GP in Wimbledon, but I still don't have the result yet and I'm starting to think that is wasn't ovulation because I couldn't help on googling about and it seems common to have a false positive when you have high FSH because apparently it has the same structure of LH.

Klik- I am sorry you have to short cut your trip, but at least you have a date now and  I complete understand you feel fed up with all the waiting and not even  thinking about EC, but the 18th is just around the corner. I hope you still be able to have a good time with your friend in Paris.

LXP - 8 eggs  ;D Brilliant news! Fingers crossed for fertilisation.  ^pray^

MA66- I am sorry I can't help with any of your questions, but you are right about all  knowledge  and support on this thread is superb. A bunch of fighters and good hearts here. Wishing you best of luck with Create.

Sunshine, good luck with baseline today. I guess we all ask ourselves if we are doing the right think all the time, sometimes we get caught up on reading so much about everything and try to absorb  all this information about IFV that we forget to listen to our body and our heart, myself I am constantly doing meditation to align my mind, heart and body, then I feel more confident about my decisions.

AFM- I woke up thinking about ED this morning. I thought I was over this subject, in term of not being the right thing for us, but last night DH and I  went for dinner and I felt that we still see this as an option. He doesn't say out loud because he doesn't want to put the pressure on me to do just because he consider this as an option, then I asked him for the first time if  this were the other way around if he would consider sperm donation in oder for us to have our child, then he said that  it was hard to think that way but probably yes.  Am I being selfish for not considering ED as this could be the way for him to have his genetic related child? :( I do not know what to think anymore.

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 3/02/18, 11:12 »
    Hi Ross, I am sorry just read your post after I published mine. Sending you big hug ^hugme^

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #92 on: 3/02/18, 11:27 »
    Briss - It sounds like the last two weeks have been a bit of a rollercoaster and Iím very sorry to hear of the bfn. Iím sending lots of hugs.

Kilk - I have got it completely wrong! Weíre going with CRGW, which isnít the sister clinic of CRGH at all! There is a sister clinic to CRGW with the same name. The ĎWí is for Wales, but confusingly the clinic in Wales and the clinic out of Wales have the same acronym!

Iím thinking that they may have a different approach to immunes, but I will ask all about testing and any meds they can prescribe at our appointment. I had at least 2 21 day progesterone tests at the GP which came back normal. Both tests were done whilst I was having these bleeds after ovulation and before af. At the clinic I just used you have a progesterone test at EC and a week after ET to see if there is any significant drop and a need for more progesterone. This seems a more sensible approach than a one off test where Ďnormalí ranges for one person may not be Ďnormalí for others. I have never had spotting whilst taking agnus castus and the vit b complex I currently take has reduced the spotting to just a few days. This suggests that the spotting is hormonal, but I still think itís strange it started three months after I was off the pill and it was the first month using opks and timing ttc.

LXP - I havenít used utrogestan, but I have used cyclogest which are pessaries. I try to alternate where I put them if that makes sense, but I donít tend to lie down after using them.

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 3/02/18, 11:37 »
    Hi ladies,

I don't know if I'm in the right forum but am looking for some advice...I have had 1 cycle of IVF (Buserlin/Gonal F/Ovitrille) but only produced 3 eggs.  Happily they all fertilised naturally however as we are having PGD chances are high that none will survive.

Before we go onto PGD testing we are doing a second cycle because the consultant tells me I have an egg problem (that is all he will say, when I asked if there is anything I could do he said no, it's like a cash machine, if there is no money in your account you can't get any out)!

I am about to embark on my second cycle (waiting for AF) and this time tound am taking Apimist Xtra (Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen & Bee Propolis) as well as having acupuncture alongside the usual folic acid, vitamin D etc.

If anyone has any other advice I'd really appreciate it.

Hugs, L

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 3/02/18, 11:40 »
    Rossss - Iím so sorry to hear your news. Iím sending lots of hugs. I really hope it will be third time lucky.

Mac78 - Thank you for your kind thoughts. Iím very much on the fence still about DE. For me I have to give my own eggs a reasonable shot first before I can draw a line and look at alternatives. Iím def not there yet although some days I just want to be pregnant and get on with the next stage of my life!

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 3/02/18, 16:04 »
    Afternoon ladies

I'm sorry Rosss.

Babyhopeful I know exactly how you feel. How many cycles have you tried?

LauraC81 welcome, good luck with your second cycle.

AFM I have heard 3 of my eggs were degenerate (not sure if thats the right word), 3 have fertilised and the other two, one may fertilise and the other one is showing no signs. They are calling me Monday morning to let me know how they are doing. Transfer may be Monday afternoon, or if all still going well will wait until Wednesday. I'm really anxious, Monday morning seems like a life time away!

Offline LauraC81

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 3/02/18, 17:01 »
    Good luck LXH!  I can imagine waiting until Monday must seem really hard!  Keeping everything crossed for you.

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 3/02/18, 17:45 »
    Hi ladies,

This thread has gone so fast the last few days.

Just a quick hug for Briss, KitKat, babyhopeful and Ross. Sending you all
    love.
    LXP good luck for Monday. Crossing my fingers for you.
    Klik, the 18th is just around the corner now. I hate waiting for things too.
    Sunshine, hope the baseline scan goes ok. I donít know about back to back cycles. I was told not to but tbh I think itís all luck each month how itís going to go. Hoping it all goes well for you.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 3/02/18, 18:47 »
    Briss and ross, sorry to hear your news, its so hard.

Mac, sorry you are struggling with the thought of DE, I donít think youíre being selfish at all and I donít think anyone can really know what they will do until they are in that situation. For me I think I will go down the DE route after weíve exhausted all other options, but until Iím at that point I canít say for sure, my main worry with it is if we would tell family/friends.

LXP, great news on your 3 embryos, fingers crossed they stay strong.

Afm, baseline scan shows we are best to sit out this month. It looks like my ovaries havenít really recovered as she could still see where they were aspirated at egg collection and also only about 4 follicles. Whilst disappointed i also feel a slight sense of relief that we get to have a little break. My worry now is that i will get a cyst (as always) that will delay me even further. I could take the pill but want to ttc naturally really and also not sure that would help my ovaries recover fully. Xx

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #99 on: 3/02/18, 19:07 »
    Ross am really very sorry for you too!  ^hugme^ it's the more frustrating when you had such a good quality 8 cell transferred. But it just proves you can make good embryos so hope the next time will be your time

Briss what a surprise with the late fertilisation, it must have been a total roller coaster having to fly back there a couple of days later again. I am sorry for the bfn! I know you're sure that at 11dpo you'd be out, but don't you think there is an inkling of hope considering it was a slow developer? Even my 8 cell only gave me a 68 bhcg at 16dpo so at 11dpo a FRER wouldn't have detected anything I'd say in my case. I don't want to give you false hope though as equally I had an embryo fertilise a day late and nothing came of it. I hope in the case of a real bfn that you get af soon and can get on with the next try. Sending you lots and lots of energy - I know how draining it all is!

Klik in my opinion - bring your friend if it doesn't bore her!

Lxp great news about the fertilisation and let's hope for the other 2 to make it as well!

Mac, I keep on thinking of DE myself as well, it's so hard to give up on your own eggs right?. My dp actually said he'd rather do DS than DE which doesn't help me much as clearly there are millions of sperm in a sample (with good chances of finding a normal one) why I only produce genetically abnormal eggs it seems. My main concern is how to deal with telling or not telling, it stresses me so much having to make this choice and how to handle the situation in general (plus of course giving up on your genetics). I hope you don't need to make this choice!

MA66 I think 2 out of 3 eggs should fertilise in a 'normal' case. You have a great AFC! I cannot give you any ideas of how to get more mature eggs out of those follicle as this is the issue I've been trying to get to the bottom of for 3 years now myself, but I can say that for me the letrozole and gonal f combo gave me as many mature eggs as higher doses of FSH alone and that meant a cost saving to me and I generally felt better physically on those cycles.
    Vit B is to balance the hormones and lengthen your luteal phase.

Welcome Laura!

Afm what's the advantage of taking estrogen after ET ( in addition to progesterone)? What is your take on endometrial receptivity on a 2-day transfer vs a 3- day transfer? I understand the lining on a 5-day transfer is best as this is when on a natural conception the embryo would arrive.