* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 124735 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunshine122

modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #10 on: 26/01/18, 15:47 »
Katkat, yes I would think 11dp3dt would be fine to test with a frer. Hopefully itíll be BFP but if not what are you planning as your next step? 

Do you think theres much chance that poor quality embryos on day 3 can pick up to make ok blastocysts? Not sure what to do now if to go straight into another cycle if I can, or wait a month and then risk more delays cos of a cyst, and also please can anyone who has included letrozole or similar let me know what their protocol was as I think I may ask to try that this time. Xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AdelineX

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 26/01/18, 16:43 »
    KatKat you can test earlier, on days 9-10 on a sensitive HPT that detects hCG levels as low as 10 units. But blood tests are undeniably the gold standard. Keeping fingers crossed for a BFP!

Sunshine, don't lose hope. If you can, you could try successive cycles, some REs believe that ovarian response improves with consecutive stimulations. Poor embryos do sometimes become babies, so why not hope for the best? Letrozole/Femara is usually included in mild stimulations, is this what you had this time?

Briss, German clinics are very good when it comes to bloods and personalised service. As you know, Brno don't do bloods, and that is not ok in my opinion, especially for poor responders/DOR patients. Truth is they are a bit superficial, although their labs and embryologists are good.

Today I was shocked to discover that my clinic sent me a protocol that contained a huge error. I will do estrogen priming starting later this cycle and they insisted I should start priming on day 26. I wrote them twice (once in December, once yesterday) to tell them that my menses begins on day 24, there is no day 26 for me. Besides that, estrogen priming is done before AF arrives, not after. They just assumed everybody has a 28 day cycle, so day 26 means 2 days before AF. It is crucial to know the patient's cycle length for IVF stimulation, and the info regarding my 24-25 days cycle was clearly mentioned in my file. What if I was a patient who just does what her dr. says, no questions asked? I am terribly disappointed with them, to be honest. My dr. does answer all my mails promptly, but the negatives regarding the protocols just keep pilling up. They keep using the same generic protocols and sometimes I feel they expect you to fail and accept DE sooner, ready or not, for everybody's sake.

Offline HappyC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 26/01/18, 17:12 »
    AnnaKay I sent you a PM with my protocol

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 26/01/18, 17:43 »
    Afternoon Ladies

This group must win the prize for the best responses and support - Part 6!! Have you all been here since the beginning.

I really welcome your comments so thank you Briss, Katkat, Babyhopeful, Shandywheat, and Klik for your comments. This is my first cycle so a lot of the abbreviations and processes are extremely new to me.

Fingers crossed for a BFP KatKat, but I would not test before day 11 as it may be a false negative and although its hard this would only cause hopefully unnecessary upset.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 26/01/18, 18:00 »
    Anna, I would be concerned too if my clinic made an error like that, and like you say many people wouldnt question it. Do you know what day you will start the estrogen for and for how long?

So for my mild protocol i didnt take femara/letrozole, just 150 bemfola day 2-5, then 225 menopur from day 6. So if i ask my clinic about using letrozole, would this be in addition to the bemfola and what dose/days would I take it? Also can i ask what dose ubiquinol you all take? I usually take 300mg.

Also just to say thank you ladies for your continued support and advice, no one in real life has a clue about any of this so being able to speak to you all on here keeps me sane xx

Offline AdelineX

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 26/01/18, 19:07 »
    Sunshine I take 600 mg Ubiquinol (3X200/day). I also take myo-inositol, aspirin, folic acid, selenium (thyroid issues), vit D, Omega 3 and melatonin.
    Mild protocol may be done with either Clomid/Femara/Letrozole+ FSH (recombinat or urinal)/HMG (Menopur, Merional, etc) or simply with FSH (urinal or recombinant) + HMG.

I will start estrogen priming on day 21, or perhaps 19, not sure yet, for 7 days (dr. said I should start priming on day 21, but if AF arrives on days 24, I would go for day 19). After 7 days of estrogen priming, I will start stimulation with 375 Gonal F, then from day 6 I will use 150 Gonal +225 Menopur. I wanted to use Pergoveris instead of Menopur (Pergoveris is recombinant FSH/LH at a 2:1 ratio), but the dr. told me that they don't use it in the Czech Republic. It is a newer drug, and it seems to benefit poor responders/older patients, as it has 150 FSH/75LH, unlike Menopur, an urinal with 75 FSH/75 LH activity.

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 26/01/18, 20:51 »
    Thank you all ladies.  ^hugme^

Sunshine fingers crossed for you.
    Katkat - ah yes Ali pharmacy. Heard of them before. Thank you.
    Briss- thank you. Any recommended endocrinologist would be welcome. Hope it all goes well for you.

AFM- ordered Zita West vits via Amazon and noticed they were a strange colour [more than normal].
    It is getting all too expensive so thinking of switching to a general pregnacare preconception.
    Otherwise in limbo.

Blue x

Offline katkat2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 26/01/18, 21:43 »
    Hey blue I also order zita west vitafem from amazon and will get them tomorrow. What I noticed after they were already dispatched is that the ingredients on the back were slightly different  to those I ordered before, like folic acid rather than folate which i need. Are yours the same? Also the packaging looked a bit different

Sunshine next steps for me would possibly be another natural EC. And yes I think anything can happen, usually the most unexpected of things! Willing your embryos to grow!

Briss I don't think R. Would be able to get bloods right away but then again maybe they do. I would just email them and ask about it if that would be a possibility.

Thanks for replies about bhcg / frer, will have a think about it over the weekend. Bloods just don't lie so in a way I favour them

Offline klik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 27/01/18, 18:29 »
    Cloudy: thanks!

ross: that's a great result! Are they still developing in the lab? What is the next step?

Briss: yes, I had you in mind when I was looking for experts on Asherman's--I totally remember you saying you also suspected something had gone wrong in my miscarriage... Thank you! And thanks for the filmy thoughts and wishes, too! My ERPC was at CRGH but I don't blame them... Dr Trew said some women are just prone to scarring, and will scar even with very careful ERPCs, while others will escape unscathed from real hatchet jobs. Hmm, that's odd about your blood pressure... I have no idea, really, why it would go up... Do you undergo sedation when you have EC? If so, this is definitely something to bring up with the anaesthesiologist next time... I understand re. LH--I get that you seem really to have been surging... Your oestrogen, though, is not great, to be honest... 180 pg/mL is only equivalent to 661 pmol/L, which would be enough for one mature follicle but only just... And you had two... I seem to remember you saying your E2 was, like, 1800 at some point, no?! If so, this may be one of those "follicles fizzling" stories, where for some reason the follicles run out of steam before they're mature... I've had a couple of cycles like that and it's utterly heartbreaking... But maybe I'm misremembering your numbers... Still, the rule of thumb is, if your oestrogen ever goes down appreciably (and there's no cyst to explain that), that's a bad sign for the health of any of the eggs that are growing... I hope for a better cycle next time around, whenever that might be... I'm so sorry--it did look promising for a while...

Sunshine: do you have news on the two that were still growing? Unfortunately protocols that work for DOR women are really trial and error... Here's one I did that had Letrozole:
    previous cycle: estrogen patches starting one week post-trigger.
    meds:
    CD2 onwards: Letrozole 5mg (= 2x2.5mg tablets, evening); partner starts taking doxycycline 2x/day
    CD4 onwards: 150 iu Gonal-F, 75iu Menopur (evening)
    CD?? onwards: add 250mcg cetrotide

and here's the protocol that I responded to best, personally:
    previous cycle: estrogen patches one week post-trigger.
    meds:
    CD 3-7: 2x50mg Clomid (evening)
    CD 3 onwards: 225iu Merional alternate days
    CD10 onwards: indometacin 3x/day

I'm sorry this protocol doesn't seem to have worked so well for you, but the truth is, your baby may be among these embryos!

AnnaKay: this is one of the most exhausting things about this process--we can't really relax and put ourselves in our doctors' hands. I mean, many women can, and they're really lucky, but LTTTC women really cannot, in general. I don't think any clinic or doctor can hold the full complexity of our case in their minds. We have to do that, and we have to know what it means. It sucks, but... you did catch it. You deserve massive kudos for that!

katkat: my thinking on the 2ww is that, though it is torture, we've put in so much work obtaining each and every embryo that we owe it to ourselves and the embryo to give it every chance... I've read that implantation happens on average at 9 DPO, but can happen as late as 12 DPO. So, testing on 11dp3dt is just about ok, as long as it's a blood test... An FRER wouldn't pick up the tiny amount of hcg an embryo would produce if it had implanted just, like, 36 hours before (bearing in mind we should use the first urine of the day for an early FRER). From that perspective, the clinic's diktat of 14dp3dt is actually quite sensible, and not too cruelly long, if you're going to POAS (CRGH demands 16dpt!)... Good luck, whichever way you go!

LXP: what's on your horizon?!

Blue: I totally use Pregnacare conception. I supplement with 6 other things (uhm, let's see: turmeric, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Omega 3, Folic Acid). And I'm on Thyroxine. And back when I was still collecting eggs I was also on Ubiquinol. Can't wait til I don't need any of this stuff anymore!

AFM: looks like Dr Trew's secretary at Hammersmith Hospital has quit/been fired/something, so I haven't been able to schedule my operation yet... He only does them on Mondays and I was kinda hoping it would be this Monday but obviously it won't be... Pretty annoying when this whole important part of your life is hanging on something so chaotic, but I'm just trying to remind myself that, in practice, next Monday is part of the same cycle so I wouldn't be losing any cycles by waiting another week...

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 27/01/18, 18:44 »
    Evening

I take vitamin B complex, cq10 and pregnacare. Should I be taking vitamin D and C as well?

Klik I hope you get hold of the secretary's replacement soon and booked in. Thank you for asking about me I had another scan on Friday and they did an external scan rather than internal and found an extra folicol so I now have 6! I know it's only 1 more but in this numbers game it made my day. All 6 are 11-12mm I am carrying on with 375 gonal F and have another scan on Monday. Looking for EC mid to end of next week......