* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6  (Read 125154 times)

0 Members

Offline Mac78

• I do believe in miracles.
modify
Low AMH / High FSH Cycle Buddies - Part 6
« Reply #20 on: 27/01/18, 18:53 »
Hello everyone,

I am trying to catch up with the new thread..

Sunshine- I know  how hard it is to go through to so many emotions in a very short time, one day we have our hearts filled with hope and the next day  we are disappointed and having to deal  with anxiety for what the future holds. Please stay positive and let's  ^pray^ for great news on Monday ^pray^

Bleu Dolphin; I used to order ZW from Amazon and I had strange colours  delivered couple of times and I even thought- how can we be sure that supplements that we buy on Amazon are genuine? I took ZW for almost 1 year and I stopped because it was getting too expensive and I really wanted to take one tablet a day, instead of 3,  because I felt that it was making me feel uncomfortable, so I have been taking  Ultra woman (high Potency) from Holland & Barrett, and I also take  1000 mg Ubiquinol  once  day. I feel much better now because I am taking less tablets  and I don't feel bloated all the time, but is hard to say that this is down to changing from ZW to HB  because I also changed my diet.

Anna, I never started a cycle but I have had appointments with many clinics and I was shocked with the lack of attention to details in many of them. I can imagine how frustrating when you are putting all your hopes and paying quiet a lot of money and having thus is feeling that they don't care if you succeed or not, and they are not doing their best to help you on this hard path of IFV. As you said is sad to think many people would not question in and that could be the cause of a failed cycle. I am glad you are on top of it and questioning everything.

Ross; I am thrilled to read your news. It make my heart beats with hope for all of us.

Katkat;  I have all fingers crossed for a BFP very soon. ^pray^

AFM;  I was trying not to do any type of test this month but now I feel like doing one  to find out if I ovulated or not. I did Boots Digital ovulation test on day 15 and it was positive and I did  twice (after lunch and early evening). I spent the whole day working and didn't do the test on day 16, but on day 17 I still had  symptoms that I was ovulating and decided to test again and it was positive and now I am not sure if this is accurate. Is it possible that you can have LH surge for 3 days? I read once that when you have high FSH ovulating tests are not reliable and I am thinking that this could be the case, but what about the symptoms? I don't think I am imaging them because from the beginning of this cycle I decided to not to stress or overthink too much about it and I wasn't until I felt  pain on my left ovarian and spotted an ewc. I think I am going  ^idiot^

Hugs to everyone ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mac78

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 27/01/18, 19:00 »
    Briss;  I forgot to mentioned about my vitamin  D history- I am the same as you in terms of having deficiency despite taking high dosage, I am now taking 5000iu high potency soft-gels (coconut oil) and I am hoping it will help. Which strength were you taking?
    x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 27/01/18, 19:43 »
    Hi Ladies,
    Hope youíre all having a good weekend.

Thereís so much to catch up on.

Anna...Reprofit made mistakes with me too. I had to point out to them that my partner has low morphology, they hadnít even noticed and just before EC the doctor had to put a call into the lab to change the fertilisation to PICSI. Pretty annoying. Other similar things happened too. They donít read the notes properly. Glad that you are confident enough to challenge them! Itís an added stress you donít need. Can I ask you why gonal F to menopur?

Sunshine... so many highs and lows on this journey. Fingers crossed all the embryos make it. Are you banking? Donít concern yourself too much with the grade. It seems to me just as likely that low or high quality embryos can be genetically viable. The doctor told me if you get them tested it makes no difference about the quality for the outcome. I know youíre not getting them tested but it goes to show that the slow growers can be just as good. Hope youíre feeling ok.

Mac...I have found that opk can give me different results. If you donít test early enough  with the digital ones it always gives me a sad face as itís comparing hormone levels and you need to start when the level is low so it can compare to  get a high. Sometimes I get EWCM a week before ov or non at all. There can be a lot of conflicting evidence, enough to drive you crazy.

Klik... sorry to hear about ashermans diagnoses, but good to know you can get it sorted. I had eprc in July. After the eprc I had two scans which showed a 4mm lining and the following month a 5mm lining (both around ovulation time). Then my periods got heavier but looked healthier and started to last for 5 full days (which I hadnít had for years) and then scans showed a natural lining of 8mm. I thought maybe the eprc had actually improved things but this cycle my lining shrank from 8mm day 11 to 5mm Day 14 and EC. Iím a bit worried my lining has been affected somehow. This month Iím going to scan and see how it is naturally but if itís not looking good I might be interested to see one of the Drís youíve seen. Who would I contact and how?
    When do you go back to see how youíre recovering?

Briss.... really sorry you didnít get any embryos. You really tried! I hope youíre feeling ok. Are you going to monitor again next cycle? Not sure about the high blood pressure. Probably just from the anaesthetic. I always get low blood pressure after.

Rossss,.. congratulations. When will you find out if theyíve fertilised etc. What protocol were you on? How was Penny?

Katkat... how are you feeling? I hope youíre chilling out and getting some rest.

Hello to everyone Iíve missed.

AFM started period today so itís a new start. Now Iíve gotta do some magic to get my lining fit enough for FET. Iím trying to relax about it all. Iím trying to lower my expectations whilst still trying to be positive. I just wish I had some money to go on holiday, that would do me the world of good! Dream on!

Offline Mac78

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 27/01/18, 20:25 »
    Helenbeau-  Thank you for teh advice on opk and I will do a blood test on day 21, so I can unestand what is goin on.

Good luck with your new cycle! Let's  ^pray^ for a perfect lining. I am totally with you about trying to find a balance between keeping positive whilst not building too much expectations, but I know is easier said than done and some holidays can help big time. I only wish as well, specially after losing our money on a holidays that we could not enjoy. I am  finding dif ways to relax; painting and yoga have been very good :)
    x

Offline Helenbeau

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 27/01/18, 20:49 »
    Yes Mac I know what you mean...Iíve started knitting and swimming. I would love to get all of this fertility stuff out of my mind completely for a few weeks, even a few days which is why a holiday would be great...but holidays and ivf bet financially compatible. So Iíll just have to keep knitting! X

Offline AdelineX

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 27/01/18, 21:30 »
    Mac: the most reliable way to check if ovulation occurred is by ultrasound. OPKs detect a LH surge, and it picks it from a certain level, the intensity of the second line varies, and yes, it can be visible for 2-3 days. As far as clinics are concerned, I have the impression that they kind of give up on `hopeless` cases like mine, after all, I'm a patient who barely has a chance to get one egg. I have been told by my dr. to stop reading about IVF, she probably feels that I have too many questions and suggestions and I'm trying to tell her what to do.

Helen:  Gonal F is a recombinant and is suppossed to have higher purity than urinary drugs. I want to avoid supplementary exogenous LH activity in the first 5 days, as my LH level is high in the first days of the follicular phase. LH is beneficial from day 6 until final egg maturation, that is why I wanted the LH activity included in the Menopur.  But...I may have the same response all over again.

To all you lovely ladies, have a great weekend!

Offline Babyhopeful

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 28/01/18, 10:38 »
    Hi all, Iím just trying to catch up with all the threads. It has been a busy week with family visiting and going back into work Thurs rather than WFH.

Bluedolphin - Iíve recently bought a water filter from Amazon, which I was convinced wasnít the genuine product and when I looked more closely at the reviews, others thought the same. Iím wondering if perhaps there is a similar issue with the vits you ordered? Iím taking a preconception vit, 200mg ubiquinol, omega 3 (816mg DHA and 1224mg EPA), 1000mg royal jelly, 75mg aspirin, 1000iu vit d3 and vit b complex 100mg. Iím considering trying 50mg of DHEA per day if this cycle doesnít work, as previously my testosterone levels have been on the low side.

Katkat - this tww is horrible. Iím keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Helenbeau - Iím keeping my fingers crossed for your lining this month.

Kilk - thatís really frustrating about the clinic, but Iím glad it shouldnít delay things as youíre still in the same cycle.

Afm - I feel that I have the right balance of progesterone this cycle. My progesterone blood tests have all come back okay, so they confirm how I feel. My boobs are no longer sore, but I think this is because the effects of the trigger shot have now worn off. I had some strong stabbing pains Friday and thought af was on her way, but thankfully no sign of her yet. Iím just going to take each day as it comes before OTD now.

Offline Sunshine122

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 28/01/18, 17:40 »
    Klik, hopefully tomorrow you will hear  further about booking in your op, waiting around for things to be sorted is the most frustrating thing.

LXP, i would definitely suggest taking a vitamin D supplement as it is really important for fertility and so many people are deficient in it. Good news that an extra follicle was found.

Mac, I think that once you get your positive opk you will ovulate within 48hrs, the smiley face tests once you get a positive they say to stop testing and the positive face stays on the screen for a couple of days (assuming because if you did test again afterwards it will still be positive anyway).

Helen, ahhh a holiday would be amazing. We have a special anniversary coming up this year and have told everyone we are saving up for a really special holiday for it (rather than the truth that we are actually skint paying for treatment), so when the actual anniversary comes around I dont know what weíll end up doing as everyone thinks we are going on some amazing holiday - hopefully we can do something though.

Anna, it is no surprise that we are always having to read about IVF, different protocols etc, esp as you do feel like they have given up on you. Its such alot of money and heartache that of course we have to do our own research to make sure we feel we are doing whats best and trying new things.

Babyhopeful, when is your test date?

Thanks for all your protocol advice, have emailed my consultant to ask about trying letrozole next month and hopefully we can get sorted before AF arrives to cycle again asap.
    The lab had said they would call tomorrow to give a further update on the 3 embies but I had a voicemail earlier asking to call them back, were out for a walk with parents at time so couldnt and when we did try they were closed. So wondering why they called a day early and expecting bad news. Xx

Offline HappyC

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 28/01/18, 18:14 »
    Hi girls,

Just a quick update from me: 5 eggs collected; 3 fertilized (ICSI) - we have a man issue as well;
    on day 3 just 2 survived : 1 - 8 cells and 1 - 5 cells . We transferred both embryos... and now we wait :) and pray  ^pray^...
    Peny is perfect, I am very thankful to you and to this forum for the recommendation of Peny and her team.
    My protocol included: Altermon/Prednisolone/Doxycycline/Letrozole 2.5mg-Femara (for 5 days only 1in the morning 1in the evening)/Ubiqinol 600mg/ Intralipidis/ Krill Oill/ Folic Acid/etc.

AnnaKey about Reprofit. - no comment. I'm very disappointed by them. After my first try they told me that the only chance I have is with donor eggs.   

Offline LXP

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 28/01/18, 18:32 »
    Congratulations on being PUPO Rosssss.

Sunshine122 thank you I will go and get some tomorrow. Happy to try anything.....

AFM I have a third stimming scan. What should I be looking for?