* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31742 times)

0 Members

Offline tarapt

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #120 on: 18/03/18, 19:14 »
Wow it's getting busy on here, so much to catch up on so I'm sorry if I miss anyone.

Expatmum I'm sorry you are having a rough time.  Glad you are managing to eat better.

MadameG the bleeds must have been so scary. Glad your little panda is doing ok.

Nat nat I hope your gp can help with the rash, have you changed anything like washing powder or soap.  This could give you a reaction.

Hazyshade pleased you had a nice scan.  There will be a huge difference at your 12 week scan.

Jessica I've had some quite severe pinching on my right side.  I put it down to round ligament pain which normally starts in the 2nd trimester.

Neniel lower back pain is quite common.  Especially if your boobs have grown.  Your back is having to support more weight than normal.  Try a hot water bottle.  Works for me.

Claudia how you getting on?  Glad to see you are getting special treatment.

Afm been away with work in Ipswich and Cambridge early last week.  Came home to the nt scan results.  Low risk of 1:23,000 for downs and low risk for Edwards and Pataus at 1:100,000.  So that's one less thing to worry about.    Saw the consultant on Thursday and because I'm high risk I'm booked in to see them in line with my scans and I'm having additional scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. 
Been floored this weekend with a head cold.  contemplating a few days off work.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 18/03/18, 20:43 »
    Evening ladies. Hope you've been having a restful weekend 😊
    I'm shattered today. It doesn't take much to feel I've overdone it. Yoga this morning, cooking 2 salmon pasta bakes this afternoon, and a return drive to a friend's birthday lunch. I came home and got the sack! Admittedly, my sleep last night was a bit more disturbed than normal. DH's Nan was taken into hospital, and he popped over after he finished work. He didn't get back till 3 or 4ish
    My sleep is pretty rubbish at the best of times, but similar to you Expat, I seem to wake between 3 & 4am. A lot of the time I'm hungry!! I was munching on crumpets this morning 😂
    Madame G, that's a good call on the pregnancy pillow. I've been looking at those and maternity bras. A couple of days this week I had a pain at the breast bone. I'm tempted to wear my sports bra to work.
    I love that you and Expat are beginning to show already!! ❤  I've been looking in the mirror and wondering, but then I've been eating quite a lot recently too. I think I look a bit generally big. Not sure if that makes sense or not?

Tarapt, that's really great news about your scan and results. It sounds like your hospital are really on it in terms of checking up and extra scans. Which hospital are you under?
    Hope you feel better soon xx  (I'd second you taking time off if you're feeling a bit under the weather, have a duvet day instead 😉 )

Quick question for those a little more experienced than I am. If we wanted to have extra scans, do you know if we'd be able to pay/arrange them through our hospital where we have our other scans? In the whole of everything, I forgot to ask our Midwife when we saw her.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 19/03/18, 08:40 »
    nat_nat - Welcome. I hope all goes well with your doctors appointment. Good that you got the scan done, it must have been so reassuring.

expatmum - that's fab about your scan :) Good that you are able to eat a bit better now.

MadameG - Good to hear your appointment went well. Maybe all that bleeding got rid of the haematoma. Fingers crossed it doesn't come back.

hazyshade - It must have been great to see your little one. I have my nuchal a day after you on 12/04. Can't wait.

AFM, I can't wait for my husband to get back. I have decided to try and stay positive until my scan on 12/04, there is no real reason for anything to be wrong at this point. I have at least 4 toilet trips every night, which is quite exhausting. So at the weekend I had quite a few naps and still managed to go to bed early. I have a cold I can't get rid of, which is rather annoying. I have had it since 20/02 now and just can't seem to shake it. Otherwise, the itching has gotten a lot better. It's not completely gone yet, but it doesn't keep me awake at night. Had a blood test done on Thursday and can call today for the results, so will do that later.

Offline nat_nat_2000

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 19/03/18, 12:16 »
    I have shingles 😞

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 19/03/18, 17:26 »
    Nat nat at least it's not chicken pox.  Can the doctor prescribe anything to do you have to wait for it to go away on its own?

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 19/03/18, 18:10 »
    Hi Ladies,

wow this board moves fast! I don't know if I'll be able to keep track of everybody's journeys with work and everything else going on so apologies if I miss someone....

Nat Nat - welcome! so sorry to hear you have shingles. What can they give your for it?

Neniel - I'm the same with the toilet trips - drives me mad and once I wake up I find it hard to get back to sleep again... Best of luck with your blood test!!

Tarapt - great news about your NT scan results, what a relief!

MadameG - sorry about the bleeding that must be such a horrible experience...

Hazyshade - great about your scan - so reassuring when you see everything is ok isn't it?

Expatmum - I am just the same as you. I wake up at 3 or 4 and that's it. No more sleep and I am exhausted all the next day but still cant sleep - can't even take a nap. The insomnia is insane! I am working on trying relaxation techniques as I think stressing about it is only making it worse and i think my body has for some reason gotten into a habit of waking at 4 and i need to get out of it....

AFM - had my first cervix scan today to check on my potentially incompetent cervix. A normal cervix is anything over 35mm and apparently mine is 50mm so I'm delighted! She also said it was a lovely curved shape which means it's less likely to open and she thinks I most likely won't need a stitch. Back again in a month to check on it but she said so far so good. So that's another hurdle over and done with. And we got another sneak peak at the baby - still doing it's disco dance...! I am almost 16 weeks now and definitely starting to show. nausea seems to have finally gone and I'm beginning to settle into the second trimester. Now if only I could shake this insomnia....

x

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 19/03/18, 18:18 »
    Natnat boooo you poor thing! Is it making you feel rotten too? Hope that it is a very short lived outbreak xxxx

Tarapt fab news on the low risk results! Nice that youíll get to see the little one extra times too. Did you stay home today? Are you feeling any better?

Hazy the midwife said Ďyou definitely look pregnantí today  ;D If you are feeling anxious about things then you could always contact your early pregnancy unit but otherwise there are plenty of places like babybond or ivf clinics that will do reassurance scans for a fee. Iíve had weekly scans via my ivf clinic/rec mc consultant plus an extra two for bleeds so I have been very lucky to see Panda growing xxx

Neneil did you get your results? Not surprised you are shattered! My DH has taken over the kitchen for me (canít stand the cooking smells) and Iím still exhausted. Youíre a little trooper xx

Claudia brilliant news on your cervix scan! And the disco bopper  ;D Iím terrible at napping too so have just had times of lying down in bed with some relaxation music on, whilst telling myself that itís okay as the next best option. I have drifted off a couple of times..xx

Howís everyone else getting on? Xx

Afm had my booking in appointment today. Felt really anxious ahead of it as I didnít want to trawl up all my history but fortunately a lot of it reappeared from last summer. Blood pressure and urine was good, lots of bloods taken plus ferritin after the bleed last week. Only weird thing is that I had to do a CO breath analysis and it came back as the reading of a passive smoker (even though I am not and have never smoked)....twice! She checked DH and his came back as normal. We immediately went and bought a CO alarm for the house and thereís nothing, so itís not coming from home. Anyone else had this?! The midwife was stumped and I have to contact the GP for further advice xx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 19/03/18, 20:20 »
    Tarapt - nice to hear from you again and have an update.

MmeG - I can't deal with the cooking smells either.  In fact, even when I sit down at the table, it makes me feel sick the smell of the food.  Good excuse to do nothing in the kitchen for a while though :-) 

Claudia - great news on the cervix! 

Nat_nat - that sucks.  How are you?

Neniel - when is your husband back?  My partner was away last week for 4 days with work and I really missed the physical and moral support!

Hazy - I paid for a reassurance scan in the UK.  I just googled it and it came up and it was 50 quid.  Bargain for the peace of mind it gave me. 

Hope I've not missed anyone.

AFM - I threw up this morning just after taking all my medication so God knows how much of that stayed down!  I had to take my other kids to school and the woman who covers me at work was off today, so I forced myself into work but felt awful and left at lunchtime and decided I was going to spend the afternoon in bed.  Slept so deeply for two hours.  Are you lot still taking medication?  I take progesterone pessaries twice a day and then oestrogen pills three times a day.  I wonder if those hormones aren't playing havoc with me too.  I can stop taking them on 31 March and frankly can't wait. 

Also now the thread has been whittled down a bit and I feel I'm getting to know you all a bit better, I'm trying to piece together everyone's stories if you wouldn't mind sharing.  We used a donor egg and this was our first attempt at IVF and I can't believe it actually worked.  I met my current partner when I was 40 and he was 41 and we tried naturally with no luck and then my eggs were past it.  I'm now 43.  I have two kids from previous relationships (boy aged 15, girl aged 7).

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 20/03/18, 08:59 »
    nat_nat - oh no, can the doctor prescribe anything or do you just have to wait?

Claudia - Great that your cervix scan went well :) And a little bump, how exciting!

expatmum - my husband is back on Thursday evening. Can't wait to have him back. I am taking Progesterone pessaries once a day and oestrogen pills 3 times a day, they will be reduced to once a day next week, though. I am also taking baby aspirin.

I am 34 now and hubby is 36 soon. We have been together since I was 15 and he 17, got engaged when I was 18 and got married in 2008. We're both German, but have been living in the UK for 10 years now. We've been ttc naturally for those 10 years and no BFP in sight. We couldn't get IVF on the NHS due to my weight. I've tried hard to lose weight, even with my GPs help, but not much luck. It comes off so slowly, if at all. Probably due to PCOS. Now I am in a job where I get a bonus every quarter if I achieve my targets, so we saved the ones I got to go to Athens for IVF. We had our first OE IVF in January and I was convinced it failed, but now I am finding myself pregnant with twins. Still can't believe it. I think it won't really feel real until I can feel them moving around.

Yesterday I've had an accident. I bumped with my husband's car into the back of another car. Both cars are scratched, but nothing happened to anyone, which is good. When I called my husband to tell him I couldn't stop myself from crying. It's not normal for me, but I guess it may be the hormones...

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 20/03/18, 09:25 »
    Gosh Neniel you can't tell you're German from your written English!  I am British, but have been living in France for 20 years and you can still tell I'm not French mother tongue when I write :-)  I live in Strasbourg, so right on the German border.  My partner's mum is German so he speaks fluent German.  I can count up to 5 in German and that's about as far as my German goes :-) Will you stay in the UK after Brexit?  That's brilliant that you got two at the first IVF attempt!  And yes, tears will come very easily from now on and beyond birth! 

Hope everyone's okay.

I'm feeling a bit better today so braving work again.  Will see if I last the full day!