* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31745 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #130 on: 20/03/18, 10:15 »
Expatmum, thank you. I've learned English in school from about the age of 11. It's mandatory in most of Germany, just kids near the French boarder learn French instead. To be honest, I am not sure if we will stay here after Brexit. I guess all my adult live the UK has been my home (we have lived in different places, started of in Scotland, moved to Lancashire and are now in the Midlands), but our feelings have changed. Always hearing on TV and the radio that it's all the foreigner's fault isn't nice. So we'll see what happens. from what I've heard EU citizen will be required to get an ID card. I am not generally opposed to ID cards, we have to have one in Germany, my problem with it is, that they make a difference and therefore single EU citizen out. Being Germany we don't have good memories of that... But I guess also, for the kids it would be nice to be near family in Germany, as here it is just my husband and I. Does Brexit make any difference to you?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 20/03/18, 11:27 »
    Morning,
    Thanks MadameG, I've had a quick look at Babybond online. I had been reading an article, and watches the Panorama programme about the high prevalence of stillbirths in the UK. It made me think that is like to get an additional scan after the 20wk one, at around 33 weeks. The programme is available to watch on YouTube of anyone is interested?
    That's odd about your CO reading. I'd be interested to hear what your Dr makes of it.

It's lovely to hear your update Claudia 😊 and great news that things are beginning to settle for you xx

Natnat, I'm glad you were able to get an answer on your rash. How are you feeling?

Expat, oh No, I hope your sickness begins to settle. As for meds, yesterday I finished the Lubion and oestrogen tablets, and had had the last of the awful pessaries on Friday.
    I am going to throwing out a few pairs of undies where the oil had gone through the liners. I am really pleased to have stopped it all 😁
    I do wonder if any symptoms will change after this is all stopped? What have other peoples experiences been?
    That's a lovely idea to get to know one another a bit more.
    For me, DH and O have been together for 10 years, married in 2014. We started trying in 2016. I fell quickly the first time, but found out it was Ectopic, and had to have one of my tube removed. When we started trying again, I fell again straight away, but hadn't known I was pregnant, because my period came on time. When my period was still going 2 weeks later, I got checked out at the Dr, and sent to the hospital, and found out I had another ectopic pregnancy, and had to have the other tube removed.
    When I started IVF last year, I felt as though I had skipped the queue, after hearing how long some of the ladies had battled to get to the stage of IVF treatment. I was so naive as well. I had thought that because I knew why I couldn't get pregnant, that having IVF would be so straightforward. Last year, we had 1 fresh, and 2 frozen cycles on the bus, but all BFNs. This has been our first cycle privately. We stayed at the same hospital, but went with a different Consultant. I'm so glad we did 😊

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 20/03/18, 14:16 »
    Madame G - how strange about your CO test! i haven't had one done. I am also interested in what the GP says...

Expatmum - yes the day you stop the meds is a wonderful day! I was on pills, pessaries and injections up to 12 weeks. It felt a bit wired stopping but baby hasn't fallen out yet and that was a month ago...

I also love the idea of getting to know each other!

Neniel - so sorry about your little car bump, these things can be quite a shock. How amazing that you have been with your husband for so long. i can't imagine! I also had no idea that EU citizens would be required to carry ID cards after Brexit, that feels very wrong to me - and honestly I can't see the point - what's wrong with passports? so exciting you are carrying twins! wow! two for the price of one :)

Expatmum - we are a similar age and I am a Donor egg mum too! Have you joined DC Network? But you seem far more experienced with your two previous kids...

Hazy sounds like you have had a tough time of it. Two ectopics is really very sad, although i did read once you have one you are more likely to have anoher - don't know how true that is. So glad your new consultant did the trick though. Which hospital are you at?

My brief story is this - I lived in China for 10 years with not much joy on the love front so by the time I moved back here and met my DH i was already 37. We started ttc naturally 6 months after we met  - couldn't really make it any quicker - but already i think we were sadly too late for my dwindling eggies. Along the way we also found out that I have a very abnormal uterus - completely divided into two (so basically two separate uterus, each attached to one Fallopian tube and one ovary) and I have two cervix too. Unfortunately one of the cervix was totally blocked by a septum so for a good year we were only operating at 50% anyway as no chance of catching an egg from the left side. i had an operation to sought that out, but still no luck and we ended up doing 7 OE IVF cycles, an FET, and all the tests. We even did PGS testing where we did have normal embryos - but still no joy. I don't know why, we just didn't get lucky. We moved to donor egg last summer but our first cycle was a disaster as we did an egg share and the donor got pregnant where as all our embryos died at day 2. WTF? we'd never transferred less than a blastocycst even with my own rubbish eggs! The clinic did give us a refund after a battle but we moved clinics and got lucky second time. So that's me - only other thing to say is we live in London and I am a TV producer.

xx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 20/03/18, 14:27 »
    I'm loving the personal details on the stories so thanks for sharing!  The little synopses about treatments underneath some of our names are a bit clinical with cold facts. 

On the NHS do you just get three free attempts?  So glad you had success so quickly when you went private, hazy. 

Gosh your story is incredible Claudia!  I only got a 2 day transfer this time so didn't hold out any hope, but it did work somehow!  Do you know your donor then?  We went through Barcelona so the donor is anonymous.  I had looked up DC Network when I was researching donor egg children and their stories.  They have meet ups don't they?  Are you going to the one in London in April?

Neniel - I'm just sitting it out here for the moment.  Right now it's hard to know how Brexit will affect things, so I'm just trying not to think too much about the unknowns.  Got other unknowns to be dealing with first like a baby :-)  I am eligible for French citizenship if the worst comes to the worst though.   

Can't wait to stop the medication.  Those pessaries are evil!!

xxx

Offline sunnygirl1

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 20/03/18, 15:09 »
    Madame G, that does sound very strange about your CO test, I'd love to hear what the doctor thinks about it.

Hazy, that sounds like an interesting documentary.  What were the main reasons for the UKs stillbirth rate being higher than other countries?  I will hunt the documentary out and take a look.

I'm sorry to hear about your shingles Natnat.  Are you feeling any better and has the doctor given you anything to reduce the itching and rash?

Neniel, I'm sorry to hear about your bump, what a relief no-one was hurt.

Hi to everyone else  :)

AFM, I have had another scan this morning (I'm 10+3) and everything is still looking good, phew!  I have had my bloods taken for the harmony test, so two weeks to wait until the results.  I have another scan next week too, just to keep me sane.  Just a bit of history, I'm on my own and this is my 19th IVF attempt.  My son was born on attempt number 14, so I am pretty determined to make it work!  I have had 3 miscarriages along the way, one of which was a partial molar pregnancy which was pretty unpleasant.  It really does make me nervous about the pregnancy and I just pray that I get through each day until the next milestone.  I'm hoping that I will be able to relax at some point......

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 20/03/18, 16:58 »
    OMG Sunnygirl 19 cycles !!!!! I'm speechless. you are made of pretty strong stuff girl. wow and there was me thinking 10 was a lot. Did the doctors ever give you and idea why the others didn't work? There must be a reason for it, can't just be bad luck... you are also brave to be going through that all on your own. I hope you have some good support around you!

Expatmum - I forgot about the DCN meetup in April. I'll look it up again. I guess it's not so easy for you being in Strasbourg but I love all the other support and their journals - worth joining just for that.

xx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 20/03/18, 22:42 »
    Good evening ladies

Hazy, I've had a couple of duvet days, but thinking I'm getting worse.  I'm a Stepping Hill in Stockport.  I'm fortunate I'm only 5 minutes away.  with regards to extra scans, you can only but ask your hospital.  Alternatively have a look on Groupon, they regularly have offers on 3d/4d scans.  these are local to me.  https://www.groupon.co.uk/browse/manchester?lat=53.41&lng=-2.158&address=Stockport&query=3d+baby+scan&division=manchester&locale=en_GB
    I bet you are glad to have stopped the lubion.  I found it stung.  I lost count of how many pairs of pants I ruined from the pessaries.  I didn't really notice a change in symptoms after I stopped the meds, but only had sore boobs and felt tired before and after.

Claudia, so glad you have a lovely curved cervix.  that must be a relief for you.  welcome to the 16 week club!  I'm not convinces the insomnia will ever go away.  maybe this is natures way to prepare us for sleepless nights once baby arrives?  what date is your 20 week scan?

MadameG, they do ask all your history. I'm sorry you had to discuss last summer, but this will help determine if you need extra care.  Strange with the CO test.  had you been in traffic before your appointment?  that is the only other thing I can think of.  hope your GP gets to the bottom of it.

Expatmum, not long until you can stop the meds.  Glad you got some sleep, how you feeling today?

Neniel, sorry to hear about your accident.  have you been to get checked out?

Sunnygirl,  hope your harmony test comes back clear.  Wow 19 attempts.  will you be stopping after this one or do you long for a big family?

AFM, I have decided to take the week off.  I am feeling worse a bit like flu, but not as bad.  I'm aching and worn out.  I've my 2nd midwife appointment tomorrow and I'll be 16 weeks 1 day. looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again.

a bit about me.  I'm 46 and DH is 47. We live in South Manchester and we have been together 9 years this year.  The NHS offered various investigations and I tried clomid, but to no avail.  due to my age the only option was to have IFV privately.  I had 2 OE cycles which were unsuccessful and we took a break for a couple of years.  the yearning for a child never went away and after a lot of thought we agreed to try donor eggs.  third time lucky and here we are.  Me and DH both work for a computer software company.  I'm an account manager, however I'm already struggling with the amount of travelling.  once baby arrives I have every intention of taking the full 12 months maternity leave and out long term aim is to bring up baby in Spain.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 21/03/18, 08:28 »
    sunnygirl - great that your scan went well :) Good luck for the harmony test results. 19 cycles - wow that's a lot. I don't think I'd have the strength to to that.

tarapt - I was driving really slow, as I wsa trying to park the car, maybe about 3 MPH, if that. I didn't feel when I hit the other car I've just heard it, so I didn't go to the doctor. I can imagine that you find the travelling hard, I already struggle with my hours commute in the morning and the afternoon. How come you want to move to Spain? Do you have any connection?

AFM, only one more sleep until DH is back, I can't wait. I miss him so much, it's sounds cheese, but as we've been together half my life it's like half of me is missing when he's not here. At least I have my cats to cuddle (if they let me). For tonight my neighbours have invited me for Dinner. They are an older couple in their 60s I'd think, but they are really fit and active. He helped me yesterday put the fence back up that came down in the recent storm. They also offered their help with childcare, but I need to find out how serious that offers was...Would be great if they could. I'm really tired today, although I went to bed early and slept relatively well, I was only up twice last night.

Hope you're all well :)

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 21/03/18, 08:49 »
    Wow Sunnygirl, that's dedication to the cause!  So pleased it all paid off for you. 

Tarapt - donor eggs do require a lot of thought don't they?  We were similar in that the yearning for a child together never went away, but we had to mull over the decision for some time to go for donor eggs. 

I seem to be having alternate good days and bad days at the moment, so at least I'm getting a bit of respite occasionally and although I still feel quite nauseous most of the time, I'm getting a more varied diet when I do eat although it takes me about an hour to finish a plate of food...  Hoping my sweet tooth comes back in time for Easter though!  The interrupted nights' sleep I could do without, but as you said Tarapt, good practice for what's coming our way! 

Wishing you all a nice day xxx

Offline LunaWop

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 21/03/18, 16:49 »
    Hello everyone!

Apologies for being absent the last week or so...it's been completely crazy at work, and weekends are spent running after my very active DS meaning very little time for anything else!

How are you all doing?

Expatmum: sorry to hear nausea is still coming and going...I hope it's following a positive trajectory!

Neniel: hurray on DH coming back tomorrow! Your neighbours sound really lovely!

Sunnygirl: best of luck on your harmony test! 19 attempts must have been so tough!!!

tarapt: how did your midwife appointment go?

AFM, everything is ok and nausea is getting better. 14+1 today so finally definitely out of first trimester. I do need to start looking for some maternity clothes since my normal ones are starting to be a bit uncomfortable. Have a few from when I was pregnant with DS, but my new job is much more formal so nothing is really good enough!

It's lovely to get to know each other. I was also wondering if we could maybe pull together a list of our EDDs, baby gender (if/when known) and maybe even location (never know, we might be able to catch up in person)?
    We could then ask Grey to upload it to the opening post to have it all together?

Happy to start: EDD 18th September; Team  ^itsagirl^ ; London area

A brief summary about DH and me...we met some 9 years ago (when I was 28 and he was 27) through common friends. At the time he still lived in Italy, while I was in the UK (after leaving Italy when I was 23 and living in Austria and Canada). After a 3 years together, and evaluating our options (especially work-wise) he moved over to the UK as well. In the meantime I had found a job in London, and we quickly found the house we loved (and bought it). It took him a year or so to find a job (his English wasn't great and had no track record of working here). We got engaged and married in 2014. We started trying soon after, but had an inkling we might have trouble (because of undescended testicle). Despite agreeing that it was MFI, NHS ran a whole load of tests on me, but nothing on him (not even checked that what we said about the undescended testicle was true!!!). We were approved for 3 rounds of NHS-funded ICSI and had done all preliminary tests at CRGH. We were waiting for CD1 to start downreg when CD1 never arrived. DS was born in June 2016. Knowing that we had been extremely lucky once we started trying for No 2 as soon as realistically possible, and also insisted on DH having a new SA. His results were even worse than the first time (everything was low, and motility had gone down to 1%). We expected ICSI to be our only sensible chance, but I convinced DH to go see Dr Ramsay in the meantime. While waiting for the follow-up appointment with him we had the second miracle BFP, and here I am. We have agreed that clearly he only has a handful of good swimmers, but those must be SuperSwimmers  ;D