* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31739 times)

0 Members

Offline LunaWop

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #160 on: 23/03/18, 16:43 »
Who we are*
NameEDDTeamLocation location
tarapt4th SeptemberTBCSouth Manchester
ClaudiaH5th SeptemberGreenLondon
Luna18th SeptemberPINKLondon-ish (North)
Expatmum10th OctoberTBCStrasbourg
Sunnygirl13th OctoberTBC - Guess: boyLondon
MadameG13th OctoberGreen - Guess: girlSouth West
hazyshade19th OctoberGreenSouth London
Neniel26th OctoberGreenWest Midlands
mejulie5th NovemberGreenn/a

*will try to update on as regular a basis as I can!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sunnygirl1

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 23/03/18, 16:48 »
    Welcome MeJulie and congratulations on your scan.

I don't have a bump yet, but I do have a huge bloated tummy which I can see people taking a sideways look at - its very embarrassing and makes me look fat!  I can't wait to stop the drugs and hopefully the bloat will go down......

Luna, very exciting that you are feeling movements already.   That must be reassuring.

Happy weekends everyone xx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 23/03/18, 23:36 »
    Sorry been a bit absent. Had a bit of a frantic week.
    Madame G, really pleased your scan went Ok, and the bleeding has subsided. I can't imagine the extra stress/worry it's been for you. Not long till the scan. Have you been resting up?
    Welcome mejulie, I'm really sorry to read your really difficult journey.

Luna, how exciting that you can feel movement!!

Ladies, reading your journeys, there is so much strength, courage and determination. You're incredible.

I have been finding the band on my bras are giving me a bit of pain at the end of the day, where it feels tight. I'm thinking of buying myself a maternity one sooner rather than later.
    I'm finding it hard that I don't have much in the way of symptoms. It makes it all feel unreal still. Since ET, I've not done much in the way of exercise. I've got a bit of a tummy growing, I keep thinking it's because of that, and not Jelly Bean. 
    I've got just under 3 wks till our 12wk scan. I can't help bit think it's going to be a long wait  😕

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 24/03/18, 16:46 »
    Hazy - enjoy the lack of symptoms!  Every pregnancy I've had has been different, but this one by far the worst.  Don't know if that's because of the hormone drugs too.  Makes me wonder, but then again you seem to have escaped that so maybe it's just coincidence with me.

Luna that's lovely to feel it already!

Weirdly, now with the sickness the only thing that keeps it at bay is continually grazing on stuff.  Weeks 7 and 9 I couldn't even eat I felt so sick.  Now I feel sick when I don't eat or maybe I'm just catching up for the weeks of not eating.   So I feel dreadful in the morning because that's a long spell without food.  I'm finding salty crisps a good stand-by at the moment.  I'm still struggling to find drinks I like and I'm really thirsty but feel sick with too much liquid on board, so am compensating with yoghurts and tangerines.  I got a message about being 11 weeks pregnant and food to avoid...  and ever since I've been craving blue cheese so I just went for it and had some for a snack!  Feeling very naughty now :-) 

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.  Lovely and sunny here in France xxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 24/03/18, 19:27 »
    Expat, your message made me smile (the naughty blue cheese 😜
    I said the same as you to DH this morning. If I had sickness as some of you ladies have been experiencing, it'd be sods law that I'll be wishing it away.
    I imagine I sound like a miserable so-and-so. I hear so much reassurance through all of your symptoms that your little ones are going in the right direction. For me, I keep worrying that a lack of symptoms is a sign of the opposite, though I do accept that every pregnancy is different. Who knows, maybe with the crappy time we've had, the universe is genuinely giving me a break so that I can enjoy the whole experience  ^fairydust^
     DH agreed we could pay for another private scan ahead of the nuchal on 11th. I think I'll probably do that to give me a bit more reassurance. 🤞

Offline loopylulu888

• Got me an ICSI miracle!
    modify
    « Reply #165 on: 25/03/18, 17:46 »
    Hey ladies wondering if I can jump in and join you girls here!
    I had ICSI in 2013 to have my little boy Jacob who is now almost 4 and have just got myself a surprise natural pregnancy!
    I donít do things the easy way as I only found out I was pregnant because I have kidney stones and the CT scan couldnít go ahead without a pregnancy test because I was over  the 28 days from my last period.... it was positive ! And got the biggest shock of my life !
     I have no idea when Iím due though I imagine in and around the 13th October but will be confirmed 29/3 at my first scan!
    Iím wanting to join as this was a great place of support for me with my first pregnancy :) please let me know if itís ok given my surprise natural !

Laurie x

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 26/03/18, 08:48 »
    That's great news Loopy - what a lovely surprise!  Welcome on board.  Good luck with the first scan!

Yes, hazy.  Once upon a time feeling naughty meant something much more wild than eating blue cheese, but I'll take my kicks where I can at the moment :-)  Glad you're having the extra scan.  It really put my mind at rest.

I'm currently having one good day, one bad day if the last week is anything to go by.  The clocks changing has messed up my sleep patterns even more this weekend.  Happy Monday everyone!

xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 26/03/18, 09:17 »
    Welcome Loopy! Lovely to have the natural surprises too!! A good reason to have your scan cancelled :) xx

Expatmum Iím with you on the good day bad day front. The nhs changed the blue cheese guidelines so you can enjoy hard blue cheeses like Stilton any time and still have the soft ones as long as they are cooked. Enjoy! xx

Hazy yes enjoy the easier days now as in a few months time we will all be resembling teletubbies  ;D did you book your private scan? Xx

Welcome Mejulie! Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes that this is your rainbow. 10 weeks will soon be here xxxx

Luna that is so exciting that you can feel Poppy! Xxxx

Afm Iím still feeling very anxious and just hoping that everything is still going okay in there. Iím lucky with the clock change that my 6am bodyclock now represents 7am, yay! xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 26/03/18, 09:34 »
    LunaWop - I'm glas I'm not the only one alreayd showing :) How exciting feeling her move!!

hazyshade - I know how you're feeling regarding the symptoms... I don't have many (if any - keep telling myself I am imagining things...). It's difficult to believe that I'm actually pregnant, when I don't feel like I am.

expatmum - good to hear you can eat again

loopylulu - Welcome! Congratulations on your surprise BFP!!

MadameG - It looks like feeling anxious is just part of it. I keep telling myself I will feel better if/when, but that never happens, as I always find rsomething else to worry about...

AFM, DH and I had a very lazy weekend. We went to the Trafford Centre on Saturday morning, as I needed to look for some Maternity clothes (my normal ones are already getting tight) and then did nothing for the rest of the weekend. That was lovely. Just enjoying having him back!! I hope you're all having a good day!

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 26/03/18, 13:10 »
    Howdy!!
    Welcome Loopy, fantastic news on your surprise BFP! Will the kidney stones cause much of an issue/discomfort in your pregnancy? What wonderful news for you 😁

Expat 😂 yes, def get your kicks where you can. Make it that bit more enjoyable 😉 Won't be long till we'll have little ones and considering a glass of something as being naughty 😊💭  For me, I'll be dreaming of a long soak in a steaming hot bath, and a 'special' hot chocolate 😊😊
    I hope your sleep syncs itself again soon 🤞 Its worked in my favour, where I'm an early riser. Not sure how long that will last though 😂

Neniel, thanks for your support/encouragement. I went into Mothercare the other day, and kept thinking "I shouldn't be here yet".
    How long until your next scan? 
    Glad that you and hubby had a lovely lady weekend. How did you get on with maternity clothes? Did it help you feel it's more real?

Thanks Madame G, I can understand the anxiety. How many weeks are you now? We'll get there. Try not to beat yourself up when you're having a difficult day (advice I need to remind myself of 😕😂) It will make our lovely days all the better ❤
    Do you have any scans booked in? I personally think its a reflection of our strength when we've weathered so much. I'm thinking of you, and sending you positive vibes  ^hugme^

AFM, I had a private scan through babybond (thanks for the suggestion ladies). After a hormonal overspill after my Mothercare visit, I booked it last minute while DH was at work. I felt a little embarrassed for the overworrying, but it has given me the reassurance I needed. I can't believe how much Jellybean has changed in 1.5wks! I could see the arms and legs moving about so m7ch more, and Jelly measured on target. As you said Expat, it really put my mind at rest. I bit the bullet and got myself some maternity bras, I was getting such a pain where the band was too tight. I definitely recommend Bravissimo for first time maternity appointments. The lady was so lovely, and explained about timings of visits etc. The bra I bought there also has lots of room to grow into (whereas I found the Mothercare fitting was more focused on my size today, and how long it'll last if I have another growth spurt)
    We're due to start decorating our bathroom soon. Its giving me a very good distraction 😉