* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 29905 times)

0 Members

Offline Neniel

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #170 on: 28/03/18, 08:50 »
Good morning ladies,

hazyshade - Glad to hear your scan went well :) I can imagine that it does put your mind at rest. My bras are still ok at the moment, but I did need to get maternity trousers and they are so comfy, I love them. :)

AFM, I was looking for maternity shapewear, as I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks time and it does have 2 formal nights for which I will need to wear a dress and I'd like to reign in my "love handles" a bit... Does anyone know where I'd get something like this thats suitable for pregnancy?
Looking in the mirror I feel like I am getting bigger and bigger each day. Last week my belly wasn't really visible when I was dressed, now you can even see it under flowy tops. I wonder where this well end, how will I look at  the end of the pregnancy?
2 week tomorrow I'll have my 12 week scan. I'm excited and it still feels so far away.
I also made the mistake yesterday to go to Toys 'R Us, who have a closing down sale at the moment. I bought a travel cot. We want to go to Germany for a month in December and we need a big travel cot, in which the twins can sleep together, I saw it and had to buy it...

I hope you're all well :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rosy678

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 28/03/18, 10:28 »
    Hi ladies! I finally feel confident in joining this thread, I've just had my 12 week scan and everything is perfect and great and normal and I can't believe I can actually say I'm legitimately pregnant!!!!! Will catch up on all your news and do a proper post connecting with you all later but I just had to blub in the meantime!!

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 28/03/18, 10:37 »
    Hello Rosy - Welcome!! Congrats on your 12 week scan being all well. I still have to wait another 2 weeks for mine.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 28/03/18, 13:46 »
    Oh that's brilliant Rosy and welcome! If you look down the thread, Luna has done a little chart for us if you want to add some details too (no obligation though!).

Neniel - have you looked on ASOS for floaty dresses that might be suitable?  And I would have bought the travel cot too :-)

Hazy - M&S have quite a good nursing/maternity range too.  I had to swap a few weeks ago because my underwire ones were killing me.

I threw my toy out of the pram this morning (good or bad metaphor on a fertility thread?!) and was feeling so bad and couldn't bear the thought of swallowing medication or fishing around with pessaries (which then make me sick to look at every time I go to the toilet!) that I decided to stop taking the medication.  I was on progesterone pessaries twice a day and oestrogen three times a day.  I was supposed to take them until 31 March included.  I don't know if it's foolish, but I feel like I'm drowning in bloody hormones at the moment...  and I know it's only 3 days I'm missing but at the same time it's only 3 more days to take them.  But I literally couldn't face it this morning.  Went back to bed (had morning off work) and still didn't want to do it when I got up so I'm sticking to it.

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #174 on: 28/03/18, 16:02 »
    Hello everyone and welcome to our new ladies. 

Sorry for lack of personals but I'm on my phone and it's difficult to look back.

After my week of work I'm now having a week in Spain sunning myself and the bump.  Thank god I bought some maternity shorts in the uk as none of my shorts/skirts that I have in Spain fit me.  im 17 weeks 1 day and I am definitely showing now.

Hasta luego!

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 28/03/18, 23:45 »
    Neniel, yay for maternity wear 😉 I'm opting for skirts and dresses with tights, that are a bit more elasticated. I looked at some elastic-wasted trousers, but not seen anything i like yet. When I wear my jeans, i reach a point wear the button is undone. I'm beginning to regret getting rid of my bigger clothes pre-weightloss.
    I can't wait till I start showing 😊
    What about a maternity band? It might smooth things oit a little for you. Here's an example...
    http://www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk/multi-use-belly-band-a9117.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-uzVBRDkARIsALkZAdlRdo72xUZyko3A44qtrtwGSx9sC83yK9b7I1km3FAnBui8Lt3kcHwaAsF0EALw_wcB

I'm similar to you, counting down till 11th Apr for the 12 weeks scan 😁😁  Sounds like a great idea getting some bits from Toys R Us. Good thinking!!

Welcome Rosy, and congrats on your 12 week scan 😁 I can only imagine the relief. Especially after a few no-gos. Will you guys find out what you're having?

Expat, how are you doing? How are you finding being drug free? I can understand re the meds. The pessaries are gross, and make things down there even more dry (tmi, but SO true 😂🖒) Will you check in with your clinic do you think, for their advice? How many weeks are you now? (Sorry, can't keep track) I imagine the risk is (depending how far along you are), whether your body is producing enough of the hormones needed itself to sustain the pregnancy (I could equally be talking nonsense, but it sounds plausible enough). I wonder if meds after conception is more art than science. I do not think Consultants stick to a particular rule of thumb, but rather based on their experience, with a bit of 'just in case for good measure'
    Have you noticed any changes from stopping?

AFM, not very much to add. I'm still feeling on a bit of a cloud from my last minute scan on Sun. Today, I think I may have turned a corner with the constipation, and got I hope it lasts 😂😯

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 29/03/18, 08:49 »
    Have a lovely holiday Tarapt!

Hazy - psychologically I feel better for not taking the meds.  Physically it made no difference - I felt sick all day yesterday and I don't feel great today either!  But I'm not missing those pessaries at all - although I had the opposite problem, I was one big slimy mess down there :-)  I didn't consult the clinic.  I was 12 weeks yesterday and the three scans I've had have been totally normal and at the last one my midwife said that she would start considering this as a normal pregnancy now so I took the risk (basically because I knew they'd say no!).  I read this and figured I was beyond those early days where we need help if we've conceived artificially http://www.yourhormones.info/topical-issues/hormones-of-pregnancy-and-labour/   

I'm looking forward to the long weekend of lots of rest.  Just wish I could face chocolate.  Going to be a weird Easter without it!  Hope you all have a nice long weekend xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #177 on: 29/03/18, 10:16 »
    Expatmum - I have looked on ASOS, but most of the dresses I like end above the knee and my knees are one of my problem areas. I'm sure I'll find something. I don't think taking the medication for 3 days less than you should really makes a difference.

tarapt - Enjoy the sun!!!

hazyshade - Yesterday I wore the maternity trouser I bought in H&M in the office for the first time. They are so comfy. I'm still trying to hide it, as I haven't made it official at work yet, although my boss knows, as he also knew I was going for treatment. I have ordered one of those and also a maternity support vest, maybe they'll help. Can't wait for the 12th April, but time seems to be going so slowly at the moment.

AFM, can't wait for the long weekend and some rest, although I really hope the predictions are wrong and there won't be any more snow. Looking at bigger cars, as I won't fit the twins and especially a twin pram into my little smart car and am starting to wonder how I am even going to afford changing cars... I wish I could just stop worrying...

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 2/04/18, 13:17 »
    I hope everyone had a lovely Easter and you all ate lots of chocolate.  I have a huge Cadbury mini Easter egg waiting for me when I get home.

Expatmum how you getting on without the meds?  The only difference I noticed was I was a bit calmer.  I think that must have been down to the steroids.  Such a relief to stop the yucky pessaries!!!

Neniel I hope the snow isn't too bad for you.  Sorry but I couldn't help but chuckle at the vision of getting any type of pram into a smart car...  some proms/buggies folks up really small but I still think you will struggle if it is one of the 2 seat smart cars. Any ideas of what you fancy.  People have been saying to dh that he will have to get a new cat when baby arrives the only issue I can see is that it is only 3 door.  The boot is huge when the roof is up.  I have a massive company car that I get to keep whilst on maternity.

Holiday has been just what I needed, a bit of warm weather and lots of relaxing.  I've managed to get another heavy cold though so have been feeling sorry for myself the last couple of days.
    being in Spain just makes me realise how much I want to be here'll time.  If dh can come up with a plan for money then moving may become a reality.

Offline loopylulu888

• Got me an ICSI miracle!
    modify
    « Reply #179 on: 2/04/18, 14:53 »
    Thanks for the lovely welcome .. my scan shows Iím due on Halloween ahaha scary baby and day before my birthday ! Hoping everything with pregnancy will go ok , little worried, Iím in hospital atm with these darn kidney stones pumped full of morphine /tramadol/anti sickness jags and anti biotics. Little frightened but maternity ward assured Is all ok what they are using.

I hope you are all keeping well xx