* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 29903 times)

0 Members

Offline tarapt

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #180 on: 2/04/18, 21:13 »
Hi loopy hope they are looking after you in hospital.  They wouldn't give you drugs if there was any chance of them harming the baby.  How long are they keeping you in for? 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 3/04/18, 08:17 »
    Tarapt - when I told my sister I am struggling to find a pram that's suitable from birth and fits into my Smart car she said "I can't see any pram fitting into your Smart...but maybe you can find a pram you can fit your Smart into..." I actually have found a couple including the mountain buggy duet, which would fit. As money will be a bit tight with 2, It'd like to buy it used, though, and there aren't many around. I'm sure we'll find something that'll work, it's a Smart for 4 I have. Great that you had a nice holiday and some warm weather. I can't wait for my cruise next week, but still need my GP to write a letter saying I am ok to fly and go on a boat.

Loopylulu - I hope you'll feel better soon. I've had gallstones and that wasn't nice, so can imagine the pain you must be in. A halloween baby :) DH and I got married on halloween.

AFM, I am counting the days until my scan on 12/04. Can't wait. I am also sick of looking at prams online. It is frustrating that I can't really view the twin prams in store, as all the shops I've been to only have about 2 models... Yestery DH and I looked over our finances and I am definitely ok to take 9 months maternity leave, if me manage to safe about £2000 I can stay at home 12 months, which is quite possible yay :) We also looked at tax free childcare and realised that it will really make a big difference getting these extra 20% from the Government. That also helped me worry a bit less... I really wanted to keep  the pregnancy a secret until 12 weeks, but I am huge, can't hide it anymore. I looked like my sister did towards the end of her pregnancy with a singleton. She is really slim and it was her first baby, but still...

I hope you're all good and had a nice Easter :)

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #182 on: 3/04/18, 11:38 »
    Neniel itís good that there is a double buggy that fits.  Good luck on finding a second hand one.
    Where are you going on your cruise?  Do you need a letter from your gp to fly?  I thought it was once you were into the third trimester. 

You must be pleased that finances allow you to take full advantage of your maternity leave.  Iíve not really looked into child care as Iím hoping I donít have to go back.  Itís taken us so long to get to this position that we donít want to have to pay someone to look after our child.

Afm currently sat in Alicante airport and the flight has been delayed.  Should have been landing in the uk at 13:00 .
    Not sure if the outside world can tell Iím pregnant yet it might just look as if Iíve overdone the cakes.  Iím still in my pre pregnancy jeans..  I am expecting to pop anytime now though.  18 weeks today and not yet felt any movement.  :-(

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 3/04/18, 13:25 »
    On a first pregnancy, everything happens so much later Tarapt because your muscles are still in tact - be grateful! 

Neniel - have you looked at the NCT website yet?  They used to organise sales of used baby clothes and equipment and I got some really good things at them.  Might be worth checking out to see if there's one near you any time soon.

How you doing Loopy?  Are you still in hospital?  Hope everything went okay.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM just had 12 week dating scan.  All fine.  Nuchal scan great.  Baby seems perfectly formed and happy in there.  I am at 12 weeks 6 days now and THE SICKNESS HAS GONE!!!!!  I woke up yesterday, no dizziness, no nausea, no exhaustion and wanted sex and food - in that order :-)  Weirdly - and annoyingly - given how much chocolate is in the house after Easter, my sweet tooth seems to have vanished, but I can't tell you how good it is to enjoy food again finally!  I feel like a different person today.  Hello second trimester - I like you already!

xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 3/04/18, 22:13 »
    Expatmum so glad the sickness has gone...  hopefully you can start to enjoy your pregnancy now.  Excellent news on your scan.  Do you get a 20 week scan in France?  Has you due date changed now you you've had your scan?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #185 on: 4/04/18, 08:58 »
    tarapt - we're going to France, Spain, Malta and Italy. Can't wait for a bit of sun, am fed up of the miserable weather here... The cruise company asked for a letter from the GP confirming how far along I am and that it is ok for me to go on the boat. I though, just in case, I will also have him include that it is ok to fly.
    I am quite please that I can probably take advantage of the whole maternity leave I can get, but I wish I didn't have to go back to work. We waited 10 years for this and, as you say, I don't really want to pay someone else to look after our children. Maybe I can reduce my hours a bit, we'll see. For me it is now definitely visible to other people that I am pregnant, I had some people at work ask me, I am 11 weeks now. I am so glad I got the maternity trousers, while I could probably have worn my normal trousers a bit longer these are so much more comfortable and it isn't obvious that they are maternity trousers :)

expatmum - I have had a look at the NCT website and there will be a couple of sales near me in May, we will definitely go there. Apparently the local twins clubs also arrange sales, so I will try and find out when they are.
    Great news about your dating scan and about the sickness being gone!!!

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 4/04/18, 13:05 »
    I've got private health cover in France so they will scan me every month and monitor me closely apparently because I'm a geriatric mum that could develop other complications even if I have a young healthy embryo growing inside :-)  My next appointment is 3 May.  My dates are roughly the same - 11/10 (10/10 before).  But the same ball park anyway.  I had a brilliant Miriam Stoppard pregnancy book which says the baby is due 266 days after conception.  Given that we all know when that happened, it's easier for us to work out.  My first two came exactly on time by that calculation!  And that makes it 11/10 too, so all fits in.

My maternity clothes arrived yesterday - just in time as I couldn't get in any of my trousers any longer. 

Hope everyone's good today xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #187 on: 4/04/18, 18:12 »
    Hello all,

sorry I have been away for a few days... wow this thread moves fast... trying to catch up with everybody!

Expatmum - its such a relief when the nausea goes! so happy for you to have food and sex back in your life!  ;D

Loopy so sorry you are in hosptial :( I hope it all gets better soon!!!

Neniel - I'm not surprised you are showing early with twins! how exciting.

Hazyshade - lovely news about your scan!

Rosy  - welcome! i also didn't feel brave enough to join until after my 12 week scan but this place is a friendly board. :)

MadameG how are you doing?

Tarapt - I am 18 weeks and haven't felt any movement either. I'm so jealous of all the women who feel it earlier, my 12 week scan feels so long ago and I would love a little kick to let me know everything is still nicely cooking in there. I'm sure you feel the same. Come on baby!!

AFM - random bout of morning sickness this morning at 18 weeks! ugh. hadn't had anything for 3 weeks - but really hoping this is just a wierd one off. Definitely have a little bump now - much bigger in the evenings after I've eaten ha ha  - but def still there in the mornings. People are beginning to notice which is nice and I bought my first maternity bra today - although I've been in maternity jeans since 11 weeks... can't wait to feel the baby move, hope for it everyday but so far nothing... humph!

xxx

sorry If I have missed anyone!

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 4/04/18, 19:38 »
    Hi everyone!

It feels like I haven't posted for ages.

Welcome loopylulu888, mejulie40 & Rosy678.

What happened about your CO result MadameG? The same thing happened to me! I don't smoke yet my result came up as 5! The midwife said it was fine yet when I read the leaflet in my maternity notes it said anything over 4 is a problem. We told the sonographer at our 12 week scan and she said it is a problem and reported it. My finance consulted his Heating Engineer friend and he said there could be many causes. We now have the alarms etc too but like you - nothing.

Some info for your post LunaWop - EDD: 5th Oct, Team: Pink, Location: South West.

tarapt - I feel you re- moving to Spain. My brother lives in the Alicante area and my dad is moving out there in 2 weeks. My fiance and I already have our plan in place to get out there within the next few years. There's a plan A and a plan B so it's looking promising! I can't wait. I love how laid back the Spanish way of life is and it seems to be much less materialistic.

Sorry to hear that your morning sickness randomly came back Claudia H. That sucks!

It's only a week until your scan Neniel. Yay! In the countdown to mine I made sure I kept myself super busy to make time go by fast.

Glad to hear about your scan expatmum2. Has your nausea completely gone? I'm now in my second trimester and like you say - it's amazing. However I still get a little bit of nausea most days. It's very mild but def still there!

How's things with you hazyshade? I was suffering with constipation for a while and it was awful. I started eating prunes!

Sorry if I've missed anyone.

AFM - I'm nearly 14 weeks gone now (or 15 according to some sonographers!). I've had about 5 or 6 scans so far and the 4D one at just over 12 weeks was by far the best. We're currently waiting for the results of the Harmony test (and the sexing). Fingers crossed all will be well and I think that's when I'll start accepting that things could will (let's be positive!) work out this time.  :)

Also my nausea has improved by about 90% so I'm chuffed to bits about that. xx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 5/04/18, 06:31 »
    Jessica how odd about the CO reading! My notes say the same about over 4 so it made me really worried. However I spoke to the gp and they said that as it was a borderline reading, it was likely to be a false positive so not to stress over it. The main thing was to ensure that the house was fine, which it is according to my monitor. Some people can also be heavily affected by traffic fumes and as I have asthma, that could be the case too. I did (a lot!) of Googling and found a study that said there was a statistically relevant difference when people were asked to blow quickly into the machine, which gave a lower reading than when they blew slowly as this gave a higher reading. Iím not convinced that they are massively accurate! That 4D scan sounds awesome, I hope your harmony results come back quickly. I assume the nuchal measurement was fine too? Xx

Claudia boo to the come back of the morning sickness! I hope that little one gets super wriggly soon xx

Expat did you do the maternity clothes fashion show? I bet youíre comfier now! Your comments gave me a proper giggle  ;D  xx

Neneil Iíve been looking at second hand stuff on social media market place and there seems to be some good bargains to be had, especially for newborn ish stuff as it hardly gets used xx

Tarapt your holiday sounds lovely, I am craving some sun right now! xx

Loopy how are you doing now? Are you home? xx

Hiya to anyone Iíve missed out xxx

Afm I have my nuchal scan this evening (all day to wait boooooo), feels like a hurdle to be passed. My sickness has massively improved since around 11 weeks and Iíve actually had some sick free days! Very excited to be able to eat evening meals again. Iíve also been able to find the heartbeat on my home doppler (Iím aware this can be controversial but I canít feel movement as this stage so  :P) for the last week or so, which is reassuring me a lot. 12+5 today, last day of the first trimester tomorrow! xxx