* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 29904 times)

0 Members

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
  • no regrets
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #190 on: 5/04/18, 10:34 »
Morning Ladies

I have a question! have any of you been given any advice about sleeping positions? I know in the US they give pretty strong advice not to sleep on your back after 20 weeks (apparently the weight of the uterus can push down on a big artery and restrict blood flow to the baby). However my midwife has said nothing and when I check the NHS website, they only thing I can find is a report on a few studies that say sleeping positions don't make much difference.

Just wondering if anyone else has been told anything?

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline loopylulu888

• Got me an ICSI miracle!
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 5/04/18, 11:33 »
    Thatís me just home today ladies . Itís all about complicated. Iíve two stones but because they are not blocking any tubes they will not operate until baby is born. Iíve just to keep pain medication and drink plenty. There lies the second issue. Sickness with pregnancy !! I had HG with my first and this is looking very similar so canít keep any fluids or pain medication down but we will see how it goes. Iím home on Zomorph , oramorph , liquid metroclopomide (I think thatís how itís spelt) and co amoxoclav for infection.

Double buggy in a smart car that did make me giggle. The smart cars are lovely always wanted one , automatic too right ?

Hope all keeping well, hope to be more active in coming weeks xx
    Loopy x

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #192 on: 5/04/18, 13:15 »
    exptatmum - Yay to maternity clothes :)

Claudia H - I can imagine it must be nervewrecking not to feel the baby move, The wait between 6 week scan and 12 week scan is torture... But only one more week to go now.

JessicaJones - Yes, one more week - counting down. I try and keep busy, but my mind always wanders back worrying that everything is fine... Good luck for the Harmony test, I hope you'll get the results soon!

MadameG - We will definitely be buying most things second hand, it's just too expensive with two. We have a friend in Germany who has had twins last year and we may be able to buy some stuff off her. My in-laws already said they would come here by car and bring whatever we can get. Maybe even two car seats. I wouldn't buy them used off a stranger, but as we know her and we know she didn't have an accident, we think it's fine. I've had a look on social media marketplace and other pages where stuff is sold and found loads of good things, but we want to wait for the scan next week before we buy anything...
    Good luck for your scan!

loopylulu - it was quite a challenge finding a buggy that would fot the smart car. We were looking at upgrading my car, but due to the finance agreement, we can't do that yet, so we have to work with what we've got. I love my smart car, it's fun to drive. It's manual, but I prefer that. Our other (bigger) car is automatic.

AFM, just trying to pass the time until the scan next week. It can't come quickly enough. We are also trying to decide on names. As we don't want to find out the gernders, we need 4 names, so far we have 2, but can't agree on anything else. We have Oskar and Sofia at the moment and are happy with those, so 2 more to find. The added difficulty is that they have to be similarly pronounced in English and in German.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #193 on: 5/04/18, 20:13 »
    Good news about the CO reading then MadameG. I shall try not to stress over it either. Yes, the nuchal measurement was fine. How did you get on with your scan?

I haven't had any advice about sleeping positions Claudia H.

Glad to hear you are back home loopylulu888.

I like the name Oskar Neniel. I'm biased though as I have a pet Osk myself!

AFM - We got our Harmony test results back. All are low risk and it's a girl!  :)

xx

Offline BroodyChick

• Gold Member
    • IVF as single egg sharer w known donor
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 6/04/18, 07:36 »
    I've not posted much lately, and sadly a scan on Tuesday showed my baby has died, growth a week off and no more heartbeat :,(

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #195 on: 6/04/18, 09:28 »
    Hi all,
    It feels like ages since I last posted, but have been keeping an eye. It was quiet over the Easter weekend and it's taken off again. I hope everyone is feeling well rested.

Broody chick, I am so so sorry to read your news  :'(  I don't have the words to say. Take time to take care of yourself, and when you feel ready, can think about what you'd like to do next. This is a really bad journey. I was only thinking this morning how some ladies have pregnancies and are blissfully unaware that something could go wrong, and others have pregnancies tinged with anxiety, knowing the rough, heart-wrenching side.  ^hugme^

Neniel, it's great you've found some brands of buggy/car seats that'll fit your car. As well as the marketplace, habe you checked Gumtree? I just googled 'baby nearly new sales' and a mum2mum market came up. I think Tommy's the baby charity, mothercare, or NCT website also have nearly new sales on their websites (I don't think I dreamt it up, but maybe worth a look). I also get lots of emails from Bounty (not the chocolate) with various sales etc. is that somethong you all get, as it came via the midwife linking me in.
    Neniel, you touched on something in one of your posts. Ladies, as someone who doesn't know very much about what financial supports etc are available, would people be able to share their bits of knowledge e.g. tax breaks, child credits etc? (I'm using the terms, but no idea what they are or how to apply for them 🙄)
    I have a very vague recollection of one of the Dr's I used to work with giving advice to a colleague about some kind of voucher that comes from or you buy off the government, but have to apply for it. I've no idea what it was or if it's still available.

How are you feeling loopy? I imagine you'll give yourself a low threshold for going back to hospital of you can't keep fluids down? They might be able to support you better. Are the stones giving you much discomfort?

Tarapt, fingers crossed you start to feel some movement soon. It's a very exciting prospect 😁

Expat, I'm really pleased your 12 week scan has gone ok for you, and that the morning sickness has finally subsided. Fingers crossed it continues that way 😁

Claudia, how are you doing? Has the bout of morning sickness passed again? I hope you feel some movement from your little one soon 🤞
    I hadn't been given advice aboit sleeping positions directly, but two of the nurses at work were talking about it, and when reading about pregnancy pillows, it says for encouraging women to sleep on the left side. I found something on the NHS website too that I'd posted a while back. Its like anything, as much as you find that supports the advice, you'll find something else that discounts it. I try and sleep on my side, but (and this might be weird), I get a pain in my ears afyer a while where the outer bit folds over, so I find it hard to get comfy for a long time. I've taken to propping up a bit more in bed if I do wake up. Whilst I know the advice is aimed at women when baby is bigger, I figured that being more upright might take some of the pressure off. I'm planning to buy one of those pillows in the next couple of weeks though, to see if it helps.

Jessica, it's good the nausea has done one 😂 Glad the harmony test has come back ok for you. Yay to having a little lady on board ❤. Where did you go for your 4d scan?

Hi Madame G, good news about your symptoms improving. I read up about home Doppler after reading your post. They sound a really great idea, though I imagine the controversy is people not knowing what to listen out for. But how reassuring to hear your little one. Is the heartbeat really clear?

AFM, I'm contemplating investing in some maternity trousers. I bought a stretchy skirt the other week in the H&M sale which has been really comfy for work. I'm still tinged with wondering if I should wait till after the 12 week scan. I've put on 4kgs since pre-pregnancy, but then again, I've barely done any exercise since the ET.
    I'm on the countdown same as you neniel. 5 days to go 🤞  I'm hoping it will pass really quickly.

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 6/04/18, 10:25 »
    Broody chick I am so so sorry hunny  ^hugme^ Such an awful situation, I was in your shoes last August and my god it hurts. Take it very easy and Iím wishing you all the strength in the world for your next steps. Sending lots of love  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 6/04/18, 10:39 »
    Hello,

BroodyChick - I am so sorry to hear your news. Take care of yourself and take time to decide how to move on/what to do next.

hazyshade - I have checked Gumtree, Preloved and Shpock, but the buggy I want (Mountain Buggy Duet V3) is only last year's model, so I suppose everyone who bought one, is still using it. I still have time, so something may come up. With regards to finances have a look at the websites entitledto and childcarechoices, they both tellyou what you may be eligible for and I think also how to apply. It seems we won't get anything other than the tax free child care. The voouchers you are talking about, could they have been childcare vouchers? It's a scheme many employers run and that any employee with children can apply for. They help with paying for childcare, as the money is deducted before you pay tax on it. I think  that has been replaced by the tax free childcare scheme, though, for everyone that newly applies, I may be wrong on this, though...
    Buying the maternity trousers was definitely the best thing I have done. They are so much more comfortable. 6 days until the scan for me ;)

Afm, I am looking forward to the weekend. Will go to Matalan and buy some clothes for the cruise, as most of my t-shirts don't fit anymore. May sneak next door to Mothercare to have a look around... :D

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #198 on: 6/04/18, 10:43 »
    Hazy I would definitely recommend Topshop maternity jeans, mine are so comfy! Iím finding it harder to stay comfy at night too now, I really must get myself a maternity pillow in the next few weeks. I know with the doppler that particularly in the later stages, some ladies have listened in when they felt something was wrong, rather than going straight to the midwife or hospital, so there are some campaigns to have them banned...some days itís a really clear heartbeat but Panda is pretty wriggly and can be there for a few seconds then flip over and disappear off  ;D they can also tuck down behind the pubic bone still so that makes it harder to hear. There are lots of reviews that say they could find the heartbeat from 9/10 weeks but I was 11+4 before I found it. Itís much easier now xxx

Jessica woohoo to the harmony results and congratulations on a little girl! Eeek! I think with the CO, weíre not smoking so what else can we do?! xx

Neneil the price of everything made me go a bit  :o to say the least. I will also be going down the second hand root for stuff like buggies I think. So sweet that you are sorting names :) enjoy your cruise shopping! xxx

Loopy youch you poor thing! I hope that the painkillers are making things tolerable at the very least. Are you resting at home or will you be able to get back to a semi normality? xx

Afm the nuchal scan went fab. Such an amazingly clear scan. Panda was leaping about like a jumping bean and kicking with the longest legs! The sonographer and midwife were both commenting on the length! The nuchal measurement was 2.0 so fine, just got to wait for the blood tests to come back now. I have a feeling that my triploidy baby will automatically push up the statistics too but I canít change that. The only bad part was that the blooming haematoma is still there after all! So I may well get another big bleed and after a week of no spotting, last night there was some again  ::) I think if I get more I have to go in for anti-d as I am rhesus negative. Oh and theyíre not bothering changing my due date of 13/10 despite Panda being three days ahead, as itís an ivf pregnancy xxx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #199 on: 6/04/18, 16:43 »
    Broody, I'm so sorry to hear your news and really feel for you. 

Claudia and Hazy - I found I couldn't sleep on my left side in pregnancy.  Don't know why but it made me feel sick and has been like that for 8 years since giving birth!  And yes those pillows are a great help. 

MmeG - glad your scan went well.

Jessica - congratulations on your scan and the little girl!

Neniel - Sofia is a very popular name in my daughter's school because it works in just about every language!  It does add in another complication doesn't it?  I think we've decided on Eloise for a girl and for a boy we're not convinced.  My dad died on 22 January 2017 and the embryo was implanted the weekend of the anniversary of his death on 20 January 2018 and I spent that weekend on my own in Barcelona having the IVF and 'chatting' to my dad about the cycle of life and death, so I've kind of got stuck on his name which was James (perhaps Jamie or Jimmy?) but I don't know whether I need to let go of that because it's not a name I would have chosen otherwise.

Loopy - hope all going well now you're back home.

AFM, I am doing better during the day generally but really struggling early evening and as soon as dinner is put in front of me (OH doing all the cooking at the moment!), I feel ill again, but it passes and I manage to it.  Then out of nowhere this morning, I went downstairs and the smell of coffee made me gag, so I went upstairs and it was really warm in the bathroom and the next thing I know I'm throwing up in the toilet again.  Damn.  I'm definitely over the worst of it though.  Even went to get my hair cut today as I haven't wanted anyone to touch me for months! 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend xxx