* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31375 times)

0 Members

Offline JessicaJones

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #210 on: 10/04/18, 20:28 »
I was so sad to read your news BroodyChick.  :'(  I hope you are okay.  ^hugme^

We went to Babybond for our 4D scan hazyshade.

Glad to hear about your scan MadameG.

We haven't bought anything yet tarapt. I feel too scared to and I'm nearly 15 weeks! I hope I overcome this soon. Especially as my sister and a friend admitted to buying the baby some bits and pieces.

Thanks for the update LunaWop.  :)

I really feel for you expatmum2. Luckily I haven't actually been sick in this pregnancy but I've had it bad before.

How far gone are you Claudia H? I think I've been feeling mine move a bit too.

AFM - I have another private scan tomorrow. Hopefully that will keep me a little bit reassured until I see the midwife in a couple of weeks. I really struggle with the worrying. Not a day goes by when I don't get the 'I hope my baby hasn't died' thoughts. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to shake them off completely. If anyone has any recommendations on how to get through this then please share. My maternity counselor advised me against getting a doppler but I'm not sure why. Are they thought to be dangerous in some way? I'm guessing not or why on earth would people buy them?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #211 on: 10/04/18, 22:22 »
    Jessica I think the reason that Doppler use at home is not recommended is because we are not trained to use them so may not always hear a heartbeat and even if we do it can give false reassurance that "there is a heartbeat so everything must be ok". I do understand your worries.  I've bought a few things but now I'm holding off until, next week and my 20 week scan. Hope your scan goes ok tomorrow.

Expatmum hope the sickness eases soon.  You are not alone with the waking in the middle of the night.  I normally wake at 3:55 and then toss and turn until about 6, just in time for the alarm.  Good practice for night feeds though.

Luna how many time have you listened to baby today?   ;)

Hope everyone is ok.

Afm I'm booked onto parent craft classes.  The July course was fully booked so going in august.  Hopefully baby won't decide to arrive before the end of the course on 21st august. 

Offline LunaWop

modify
    « Reply #212 on: 11/04/18, 08:49 »
    Hello everyone!

ExpatMum: Boo! to being sick again :( And to waking up in the middle of the night! I did have the same, though, and it got better a couple of weeks ago (around week 15-16): will keep my fingers crossed that it does the same for you!

Best of luck with your scan JessicaJones! What time is it? As tarapt says, I think there are two main reasons for professionals not recommending dopplers. In early pregnancy (up to 23 weeks or so) they can actually cause more anxiety: it's not easy to find the heartbeat, and then one understandably freaks out. In later pregnancy (post viability) there have been cases in which mothers have been reassured but what they perceived as a normal heartbeat and did not go to hospital despite having concerns about the baby (but we are not trained, so it's not clear that a "normal" heartbeat on a doppler is indeed normal...plus there are other things that can be checked in hospital).

tarapt: exciting to be booking classes, isn't it? have you started thinking about stuff you want/need to buy for baby? We are currently having some firm conversations with the grandparents because we have loads of stuff, but it's "boy" stuff and we are expecting a girl. Our opinion is that there should be no boy/girl distinction and that she can very well wear blue vests, but I'm not sure we'll manage to win the argument. As for listening to baby, I am very proud of myself and haven't used the doppler since Sunday. I had made a deal with myself that I could get a doppler but shouldn't over use it, and am aiming for 1/week

AFM, building works started last week at home and, as my little boy says, it's "All broken! All dirty and broken!"...luckily the mess is just outside for the time being. Bump is definitely starting to show, and now almost everyone at work knows...just hoping everything goes well!

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #213 on: 11/04/18, 09:13 »
    Luna - that made me laugh!  I've had a boy and then a girl and tried to go gender neutral when they were babies as much as possible, but then got so sick of people asking if it was a boy or a girl that I ended up buying definite blue and pink.  I have a loft full of girl stuff as I gave the boy stuff to my sister who had two boys and I have a gut feeling I'm expecting a boy this time.  My partner was like 'we can use all the girl stuff for the first year anyway as the baby doesn't know or care what it's wearing' and I'm like 'no, I'm not putting a boy in a pink flowery vest'.  What was funny though was that my daughter was surrounded by boys - her childminder only had boys, she only has boy cousins and she has a brother, so as soon as she was able to talk and choose, she wanted to be dressed in dinosaur t-shirts and spiderman stuff :-)  When she started school, she ended up wearing girl clothes during the day because other kids made nasty comments to her but as soon as she got out, she would change clothes in the car into boy clothes! 

Tarapt - don't worry too much, the theory is all well and good but you end up going with the flow when the baby arrives, so don't panic too much about the classes being so close to the due date.

Jessica - hope your scan goes well today.  I think it gets easier to stop worrying once you start feeling the baby move because you have daily reassurance and proof that all is well.  You're nearly there.

Hope everyone's okay.

AFM, not feeling great between the bouts of sickness and the bloody insomnia.  Even my colleague commented on how grim I'm looking today :-(  Have put on 3kg since last week though, so my gynaecologist isn't going to be happy with me!

xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #214 on: 11/04/18, 09:36 »
    Hello All

Expatmum - the sickness sucks. Mine went away at 15 weeks and was totally gone by 16 - one random instance at 18 weeks but apart from that it has definitely gone. you must be nearly there! I had pretty bad insomnia too - but that also seems to have cleared up and I'm sleeping pretty well now (let's hope I'm not jinxing things by writing this....) that also makes total sense about the due dates, i guess most people opt for treatment in January rather than December. I was just too desperate!

JessicaJones - I don't think the fear ever goes away. before i felt any movement I convinced my self the baby had died. And now I'm beginning to feel a few little things I'm worried that they are in the wrong place and its actually just muscle twitches. I think with every new stage comes a new worry and we just have to go with it and remind ourselves that the chances of things going drastically wrong are in fact very very small.  ^hugme^ to you. BTW, I'm 19 weeks today. started to feel something at about 18 and a half. I had a few odd sensations at 17 weeks but very intermittent so who knows.

Luna - gosh, building works, pregnancy and a toddler! You don't do things in half measures do you! But i know you just have to do things when the time feels right. Are the building works going to be finished before the baby arrives? What are you having done? Thanks for the reassureance on the movement - it's so hard when its so new!

tarapt - the classes sounds good. We've booked a NCT class in July about birth and new borns. I'm hoping we will meet some other mothers in the area at it - although at 41 I have to say I feel incredibly old. I hope they aren't all 24 and look at me like I'm a dinosaur.... :(

AFM - feeling more and more little movements, still feel like little pops or taps. I'm desperate for DH to feel them too but whenever I put his hand on my tummy they stop. think we might have to wait for a few more weeks before he gets to feel them. still not 100% confident they aren't just muscle twitches from a growing uterus, but they are so quick they feel a bit different. I have an NHS 'healthy pregnancy' class at the hospital tomorrow. Does anyone else have these? I know different hospitals and different trusts do things a little differently... We haven't bought anything at all yet - I'm still to nervous. i don't think we will allow ourselves to until we get to viability at about 24/25 weeks. Plus the advanage of being such an old geriatric 40+ mother is that pretty much all my friends have had their babies and are desperate to get rid of their baby stuff so all want to give it to us. FX we won't really need to buy anything!! My mum though is desperate to go shopping and has been badgering me to find out the sex so she knows what colours to buy but i told her to stop being so sexist and any baby can wear any colour. Famous last words i know, I bet if its a boy I won't want to dress it in pink... although in Tudor times Pink was the colour of the prince!

x

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #215 on: 11/04/18, 11:05 »
    LunaWop - Hope you're feeling better now. I'll have a look at Social Media, didn't want to do that yet, as usually all my friends can see when I join them and we haven't told anyone yet. After my holiday I can do that :) Good that you found the heartbeat. I was tempted to get a doppler, but haven't done that (yet), we'll see how long I can resist.

ClaudiaH - I haven't met  my niece yet. My sister lives in Germany, so I will meet my niece for the first time when she is getting christened in June. The pops definitelt sound like baby movement to me :)

tarapt - The Mothercare was one out of town in one of those retail parks, so quite a big one. They do have a car park just in front of it. I got my maternity jeans from Dorothy Perkins and I love them. They fit perfectly and are so comfy. Parent craft course sounds fun :)

expatmum - can't wait for my scan tomorrow. Sorry to hear you're being sick again. I wake up regularly during the night to go to the loo. Recently I have to go at around 3-3:30 and I can't go back to sleep, so I know how you feel. I have to get up at 6:15.

JessicaJones - Good luck for your scan today :)

AFM, I've had another blood test this morning to check my liver function, but seeing the itching has stopped completely I guess it should be fine. Will have an early night tonigh, I think, so the time of the scan comes faster. I can't wait, but am also quite nervous. Some people at work have asked me now if I am pregnant, so it's definitely getting more obvious.

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #216 on: 11/04/18, 20:56 »
    Good evening everyone!

Thanks for all your responses regarding dopplers.

What are parent craft classes tarapt? I've never heard of these before! (I guess the name is self explanatory. Lol).

I really feel for you having building works right now LunaWop. We've been renovating for years and thankfully are nearly finished now!

Hopefully your sickness and insomnia will ease off soon expatmum2. How far gone are you now? Mine disappeared completely around week 13.

I don't think we have NHS Healthy Pregnancy Classes here Claudia H. I like the sound of them.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Neniel.

AFM - I had my scan and all is still good.  :)  I wonder how long the reassurance will last this time!

On a side note - does anyone else have an anterior placenta? Whenever I go private they always point it out. x

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #217 on: 11/04/18, 22:53 »
    Jessica I think parent craft is the new name for antenatal.  Pleased your scan went well.  Iím aftraid I canít answer your question about your placenta.  It has not yet been mentioned at any of my scans.

Neniel hope all goes well tomorrow.  Please let us know how you get in. When do you get the results of your liver test?

Claudia Iím with you in the geriatric category and Iím also worried all the classes will be full of kids. Surely we canít be the oldest!!!!  When is your 20 week Scan. Are they making you wait until 24/25 weeks?  I booked mine the day Iím 20 weeks.

Expatmum I hope you start to feel better soon and get some pregnancy glow!

Luna I hope the building work doesnít disrupt too much.  What are you having done?

Afm. All night I keep thinking I can feel baby but then Iím not sure and think it might just be wind.  Iím off to London tomorrow to see a client and Iím not sure I can hide the fact Iím pregnant.  I donít mind telling them but work are being rubbish and donít yet have a plan for my clients when I go on maternity.  My clients will be more concerned with who will look after them when Iím not about rather than me being pregnant.

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #218 on: 11/04/18, 23:08 »
    Jessica I had to google anterior placenta.  For anyone else who is interested take a look at the below link

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x566457/is-having-an-anterior-placenta-a-problem

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #219 on: 12/04/18, 05:13 »
    Morning ladies.
    I'm having an attack of 5am munchies, so thought I'd pop on and give a quick update. .We had our nuchal scan yesterday, and all is well 😊 our chances were 1 in 7000, so they won't be recommending a harmony test, however they said we can opt for this if we'd like.
    I'm so relieved and pleased!!
    When I went into work afterwards, the two other girls in our office said that I looked like i had the starting of a belly. I'm finding after I've eaten I seem to be have a little podge, that isn't as noticeable in the mornings 😊❤ Are any of you ladies the same? DH reckons it's where I've not exercised in months (joke), but I've told him to humour me either way. When I catch myself in the mirror, I'm absolutely beaming 😊 This Jellybean is so wanted and longed for ❤
    I'll catch up on personals at a more reasonable hour 😉 but good luck neniel for your scan today (and anyone else I've missed) x