* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31728 times)

0 Members

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #220 on: 12/04/18, 08:29 »
Hey ladies!

Hazyshade woop woop to the low risk screening! Fab news! I have a ridiculous bump for 13.5 weeks but it is also aided by extra bloating in the evening still too. xxx

Tarapt hope todayís meeting goes well and that your work get their thinking caps on soon in preparation for your maternity leave! xxx

Jessica glad you got some reassurance from your scan. I only know that my placenta is nice and high up. I think as the link says you may just feel a little less movement for now. Have you got your 20 week scan date yet? xx

Neneil thatís brilliant news that the itching has settled! Enjoy your scan today xxxx

Claudia hopefully those movements will get more definitive soon so you can stop second guessing yourself. Iím with you on the baby can wear any colour! A friend of mind told me it was essential to find out so that you can buy exactly the right colours  ::) Iím not aware of any classes like that at my hospital either xx

Expatmum rubbish that your sickness has started up now! Can you manage to nap during the day/early evening at all to help you catch up on sleep? xx

Lunawop well done on finding the heartbeat! Mine is still low down as well, but is very wriggly and can zip from one side of my uterus to the other in a few seconds, so I can definitely understand how it can stress people out if you donít find it. You are far more controlled than me with your limits  :-[ it has massively reduced my anxiety levels though between appointments xxx

Afm my screening came back low risk, yay!!! 1:17000 for trisomy 21 and 1:20000 for 13/18, Iíll take those odds :) Iím still feeling sicky but have had a few days where my head has stayed out of the toilet for a change! I definitely feel much better in myself and less tired, although I do still need naps/rest most days. Has anyone else got quite a bit of round ligament pain already? I have to be quite careful with getting up/down/twisting quickly as it feels like a jolt of fire! xxxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrsfergie83

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #221 on: 12/04/18, 09:19 »
    Mornin everyone sorry for being AWOL for weeks.  Think just been to scared to write after our scare of bleeding for couple weeks and then when we finally got our 12 week scan I cried hysterically through it as was expecting  same to happen as it did at my 12 week scan last year. Was terrified.  But I'm now feeling a little less anxious only cause had another scan last night lol and nearly 16 weeks . We also found out were having a wee boy so over the moon. Some days I feel like have a little show of a belly and then other times it's just bloated. Just look lile ate all the pies. Sorry for the lack of personals I'm on phone and hard to look back.
    Glad everyone doing so well xx
    Madame g  i have been feeling the round ligament pain it gave me a fright the first few times but it's quite sore lol xx
    Il catch up with personals later xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #222 on: 12/04/18, 16:05 »
    Hello everyone,

JessicaJones - Glad to hear your scan went well. My placentas were never mentioned during any of the scans, so not really sure.

tarapt - I would be able to call the GP next week to find out the result of the liver test, but as I am away that will have to wait a week. That's not a good situation that your work hasn't figured out yet, what to do when your on maternity leave.

hazyshade - Great news on your nuchal scan :)

MadameG - Yay on the result coming back low risk. I have had a bit of round ligament pain recently and it gave me quite a shock at first.

Mrsfergie - Congratulations on having a boy!!

AFM, I've has my scan this morning and it was amazing. They are both ok and measuring 12 weeks 3 days. The sonographer showed us their heads, arms and legs and it is amazing how detailed these scans are already. They both have a strong heartbeat. One is "lying" on it's back and facing upwards, the other one of is on top of the first on "lying" on it's belly facing downwards. So if they could see, they would look at eachother. The bottom one was fast asleep and the top one was jumping around very actively. I am over the moon and so relieved. So glad they are both ok :) They also did the CO2 test and it was 2, so ok. Will receive a consultant appointment shortly and the next scan will be on 5th June.

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #223 on: 12/04/18, 21:55 »
    Madame G and Neniel, Brilliant nees that your scans have gone well today.
    Neniel, my little one was a jumping Jellybean yesterday too.
    It was incredible hearing all the different noises. They said the liver was .2mm and we heard the fluid going through it. Just wow! It was amazing seeing the difference from the jelly baby we saw at 9 weeks.
    Question For all of you ladies though, we had our scan at the Harris Birthright centre in Denmark Hill. I had thought we would get a printout, but instead at the end, I took some photos on my phone, from the stills on-screen. Is this typical now in the NHS?

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #224 on: 12/04/18, 21:56 »
    Madame G and Neniel, Brilliant nees that your scans have gone well today.
    Neniel, my little one was a jumping Jellybean yesterday too.
    It was incredible hearing all the different noises. They said the liver was .2mm and we heard the fluid going through it. Just wow! It was amazing seeing the difference from the jelly baby we saw at 9 weeks.
    Question For all of you ladies though, we had our scan at the Harris Birthright centre in Denmark Hill. I had thought we would get a printout, but instead at the end, I took some photos on my phone, from the stills on-screen. Is this typical now in the NHS?

How are you other ladies doing?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #225 on: 13/04/18, 07:53 »
    hazyshade, we did get print out on both scans, but we had to pay for them. The first time they were free, yesterday we had to pay £5 per picture for one (or more if we had wanted) picture(s) of each baby and then they gave us one that showed both together for free. We weren't allowed to take pictures from the screen. We also haven't heard any sounds yet. I don't know if they don't do it in our hospital, but we haven't even heard a heartbeat yet. We've seen it, but not heard it...

I hope you're all well. :)

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #226 on: 13/04/18, 15:33 »
    Hello ladies, 

Neniel - so glad the scan was so good!  Do you leave tomorrow for your cruise?  You can leave all relaxed and officially pregnant now :-)

MrsF - so relieved for you too.  And congratulations on the little boy!  Can't wait to find out the sex of our baby.

MmeG - good news for you too!  Excellent.

Hazy - loving all these good scans!

Tarapt - that is really bad for you at work.  I know it's not exactly convenient that I'll be gone for such a long time (we have budgetary restraints at work at the moment so they can't take on a replacement and my work will have to be shared out on an already over-stretched staff), but no-one would dare make me feel like an inconvenience or that the priority was anything other than the baby. 

Claudia - how did the pregnancy class go?

AFM, I don't want to jinx anything, but after a truly awful day on Wednesday, yesterday I had dared to arrange to meet two friends (one for lunch and one for dinner) but they're good friends who would have been okay if I cancelled last minute and the restaurants we were going to know me so I could have asked for something small or made specially if I couldn't face anything on the menu....  and I woke up feeling fab and ate two absolutely enormous meals!!!  Three courses at lunchtime :-)  I think I ate more yesterday than I have in two months.  Felt okay all day today too.  Really hoping this is a corner turned at 14 and a half weeks!

Have lovely weekends everyone xxx

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #227 on: 14/04/18, 00:11 »
    Neniel, I think it is because where we went they are very tech and research heavy. For That, we get a very thorough scans/tests, but at the expense of some of the more personal experiences.
    I can understand in this day and age, where things are moving towards digital, a picture is for the purpose of a keepsake rather than a medical need.
    I was speaking to a friend today who had her scans there too last year, but moved away during the pregnancy. She said that at this place there is an additional scan later on in the pregnancy, something they didn't routinely offer at the local hospital after she moved.
    Just a quick update for me, I'll catch up with the personals ober the weekend. Tonight I had the joy of telling my Dad, and one of my brothers and sister-in-laws our news. 😊😊❤ I loved it. My young niece has told me of its a girl she is calling it Daisy, and if it's a boy, she'll call it Billy. 😂 DH wasn't taken with either name, but we told her we'd think about it 😂❤

I hope you ladies are doing ok. I will be sure to have a proper read and catch up over the weekend. Night all x

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #228 on: 14/04/18, 22:16 »
    Hazyshade lovely news about your scan.  I quite like the names daisy and billy.  It is the best telling peope isn't it!   Our NHS hospital won't let out take pictures of the screen at the scan, but they will allow you to buy prints (of what they deem to be the best image) at £2.00 each.

MadameG excellent that your tests have come back low risk.  One less think to worry about.  Glad you are feeling better.   I think I've had some round ligament pain a few weeks ago.  Haven't noticed it recently.

Mrsfergie congratulations on team blue!!!  Glad you are feeling a little less anxious.

Neniel brilliant that you hot to see both your babies.  How cute that they are facing each other.  I didn't get to hear the heartbeat until 16 weeks at my consultant appointment and then again at my midwife appointment.  Hope you have a fab time on your cruise.

Expatmum good for you feeling fab and filling your boots at lunch and dinner!!! Long may it continue.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Afm client meeting went well.  Even though I thought I looked massive my client didn't say a word.  I think blokes are less likely to say anything in case it offends and I didn't say anything as I can't tell him what will happen in august when I go off for 12 months.
    I'm suffering with back pain after being in the car for so long over 2 days so I might use that as an excuse not to go visiting my clients.   Work are quite poor, but we have just had someone hand n their notice and they leave at the end of this month so the department is going to be really stretched.  In 4 months it will no longer be my problem!
    Counting down to Tuesday when I have my 20 week scan.  We are going to find out the sex but not tell anyone,  is that weird?

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #229 on: 14/04/18, 23:41 »
    Tarapt I think itís your pregnancy and you can do exactly as you wish, itís quite cute to have a secret that only you two will share until the birth :) (I have a cousin that refused to tell anyone the sex for the first week after birth and made everyone guess from photos of the face...I thought that was a bit much personally!). Gosh that four months till your maternity leave seems so close! Enjoy Tuesday :) xxxx

Hazy that does sound like a very technical scan. My hospital wonít report on anatomy beyond the basics until 20 weeks and wonít let you hear the heartbeat during early scans, although my consultant there does :) she also lets you take photos/videos, whereas no normal sonographers there will let you. Everywhere seems very different! Lovely that you got to announce your pregnancy :) xx

Neneil glad you had a fab scan, so cute to see them facing each other. Have you got your consultant appointment sorted? xxx

Expatmum how was your eating day today?! Mine started with a bought of morning sickness at 5am :( boo xx

Afm weíve had Dhís son (age 21) here for the weekend and he is so excited about getting another sibling! Itís felt quite exciting to actually be talking about things and the future :) xxx