* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 30253 times)

0 Members

Offline tarapt

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #230 on: 15/04/18, 22:00 »
MadameG I like the idea of a secret for me and dh. 
Glad that dh's son is excited.  My dh's youngest daughter is 23 and she's not best pleased that her dad is having another child.   I'm hoping she comes round to the idea.

Hope you've all had a good weekend.

Just a heads up. Aldi have a baby and toddler event online now and in store on Thursday.  I've ordered a few bits... ;)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BroodyChick

• Gold Member
    • IVF as single egg sharer w known donor
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 16/04/18, 13:16 »
    Dear ladies who sent personal wishes, thanks for thinking of me.

I dramatically started bleeding last Tuesday night, and the hospital advised to get an ambulance in which I did - scan and exam and much, too much waiting later I finally got a bed on a ward at 11pm, after going into A&E at midday!! So hard leaving my little boy, but two friends came over to help with their kids and they all made the most of the sleepover.
    The next day (Thursday) they still couldn't tell me when they'd operate, the cramps got much worse that morning and I had two types of painkillers to take the edge off. I was pacing and crying, and wearing adult nappies.
    What upset me was the scan showed I'd already passed the pregnancy without realising, I had wanted to say goodbye in person and have some tests done which the hospital had already given me the forms for (it's my third loss so I wanted to have some answers). So no chance of that.
    I was also being kept nil by mouth and very dehydrated, they found it hard to find a vein and it collapsed the next morning, so more needles and discomfort. It really didn't help my mood, and my little boy crying down the phone because he missed me.
    I missed his bedtime again and finally made it home at 9pm, the bleeding almost stopped right after the surgery and I was desperate for some actual food.

It's good to read all your positive updates though, as I know how amazing it is to have things go right after a lot of disappointment. Hope you all get there and meet your wonderful, and healthy babies later on this year.xx

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 16/04/18, 14:13 »
    Oh Broodychick, it's disappointment after disappointment for you at the moment.  Sorry you didn't get your answers, but glad you're home now with your little boy and not bleeding.  Take care of you and him xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #233 on: 17/04/18, 15:16 »
    Hello all

Broodychick - what an awful experience. I'm glad you are home safe and well now. Will they be able to give you any more answers do you think or is that it?

MadameG - lovely that there is a big brother getting in on the act too!

Tarapt - how was the scan? and are you going to tell us the sex??

sorry to anyone I've missed. so hard keeping up...

AFM - my pregnancy classs was good. Basically run by the Phsyio despertmant at the hospital. Full of lots of tips  - the most important to pass on are we should definitley be sleeping on our sides (doesn't matter so much in First trimester but once you are 20 weeks and over) but it doesn't matter which side. try to avoid sleeping on your back - pillows behind your back will help you not to roll over. We should also be getting out of a car and bed with two feet on the ground - not splitting our legs open (she suggested sitting on a plastic carrier bag in the car and swizzling to make it easier). And the most important is we should all be doing our pelvic floor exercises 3 times a day! Quite a tough call i think. But there is an NHS app called Squeasy that helps you do it - free to download.

We had another cervix scan on Monday and my cervix hasn't shrunk at all which is great. She said she wants to see me once more in 3 weeks but if all good they don't need to see me again. FX! Also had a sneak look at baby who was dancing around like normal. so much movement! I'm sure I am feeling little punches and kicks now - DH still can't feel them, but hopefully soon. 20 week scan next Monday :)

xxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #234 on: 17/04/18, 18:43 »
    Broody Iím so so sorry hunny, what a horrible time for you  ^hugme^ Sounds like an utterly crap experience to go with a more than crap time, to say the very least. Wishing you the very best for the future and lots of love xxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #235 on: 17/04/18, 18:52 »
    Tarapt how was your scan? Hope you got a good ogle at the little one! What did you order from Aldi then? xx

Claudia that pregnancy class sounds fab, thanks for relaying the advice to us! Brilliant news on the cervix scan too xxx

Afm we had our consultant appointment and scan today. Little Panda had hiccups!! So cute. Apparently the baby weighs approx 110g now! Oh and there appeared to be a rather prominent winky on the scan, followed by the consultant asking if we knew what we were having, told her not to tell us though! Maybe we will have to be Team Greenblue - turquoise?!  ;D xxxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #236 on: 17/04/18, 19:42 »
    MadameG - that is hilarious!! How many weeks are you now? Do you think that's definite or could the gender still be a surprise? When we had our scan on Monday, the Dr doing it at one point grabbed the stick away from my belly and said 'I need to stop now because baby is about to show us it's bits.' I didn't see anything though - I wonder if she did? Makes me think it might also be a boy as that is what you generally see right? It's either there or not?

xxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 17/04/18, 20:26 »
    Broody I am so sorry that you have had to go through all of this.  Take care of yourself.

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #238 on: 17/04/18, 21:05 »
    Claudia your class sounds as if they are giving you lots of useful information.  I'll try the carrier bag in the car trick.  I'm struggling with my back at the moment so I'm rolling out of bed... :-[
    Good news on your cervix and that you are starting to feel baby and that you got a sneak peek.  Your scan on Monday will be much more in depth.

MadameG how cute baby had hiccups.  It might not be a boy, I think they try hard not to let on unless you specifically ask.  We did and the sonographer went up past the feet to see what was there.
    I bought some cot bedding, blankets and a hooded towel from Aldi.  They had some really nice things but I didn't want to go too overboard.

Hello to everyone else.

Afm 20 week scan day for me and it was very thorough however baby didn't want its picture taken and the sonographer got a bit rough getting baby to move round  so it could be examined.We got to see the 4 chambers of the heart and the blood pumping through it.  Baby is measuring spot on at 20 weeks. Got to see all limbs, the spine, the head and brain was checked.  Baby has a snub nose and a pout...  I am pleased to announce we are joining team blue.  Dh is already planning a football pitch.
    Seeing the consultant next week and then have another scan in 7 weeks.  One of the benefits of being a geriatric mum is the extra attention.

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #239 on: 18/04/18, 12:23 »
    Congratulations Tarapt!!! I bet it feels so real now that you now the sex. How exciting!!! Can you feel him kick now?

xxx