* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 32072 times)

0 Members

Offline tarapt

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #240 on: 18/04/18, 21:24 »
Hi Claudia can't feel actual kicks yet just fluttering every now and again.  The placenta is sat at the front so it might be a bit longer until I feel baby kicking.  How are you getting on?  Can you feel much going on?  How excited are ou for your scan next week?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 19/04/18, 10:31 »
    Hello ladies,

I had another bout of sickness so was floored for the last day or so.  Although I think this may also have been because I totally overdid the poop food on Tuesday and heavily paid the price for it :-)

Claudia - that's great feedback, thanks for sharing!

Tarapt - Congrats on the boy and the great scan!  Are you still keeping the sex secret from the family and friends?

Luna - where are you?  Our facts table needs updating again!  ;D

MmeG - I like team turquoise!

Hope everyone's okay xxx

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #242 on: 19/04/18, 15:22 »
    Hi Tarapt, yes feeling little kicks all the time now - but my placenta is posterior so I got lucky. Both nervous and excited about scan on Monday!
    xx

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #243 on: 19/04/18, 17:48 »
    Congrats on your little boy tarapt.   :)

MadameG I don't know what to say about yours as you don't want to know the sex. Could it have been the cord? Lol.

Neniel, I bet your pics of the twins are amazing!

AFM - I have my 16 week appointment with the midwife tomorrow. I'm hoping that she'll be checking the heartbeat with a doppler. This is probably a dumb question, but do I need to wear clothes that reveal my belly? I'm assuming so. I've been living in maxi dresses for the past few days as the weather has been good. I don't fancy putting the maternity jeans back on tbh!  ;D

Offline Opossum

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 19/04/18, 18:53 »
    ive offically hit 12 weeks, got a scan and appointment with consultant on monday

I had a private scan 2 weeks ago but I have a retrovert uterus so they where struggling to see anything, the did confirm '1 viable uterine gestation' but it was like trying to look at baby through a very small letterbox

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #245 on: 19/04/18, 20:57 »
    Opossum, congratulations and welcome.  Hope your scan goes well on Monday.

Jessica they will want to see your tummy to listen to the heartbeat. My midwife listened to baby at 16 weeks it is surreal.  Hope you get to hear it tomorrow.

Claudia I felt a bit like that but I now feel that that is the last hurdle to get over. There is time for me to change my mind and get anxious again though.  this scan checks baby is all ok.  Do you get extra scans?

Expatmum sorry you've not been feeling too good hope you feel better soon.

Afm went to by dh a birthday present today and picked up Emma's diary and bounty freebies.  Both look like they have got packs of nappies in them.   :)
    We also went to toys r us and as they are closing down they had 30% off the lowest price and we got a changing unit which was reduced from £190 to £39!!!  There wasn't much left though.
    Btw came home without a present for dh.   :-\

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #246 on: 19/04/18, 20:58 »
    Jessica I would just lift your dress up for the doppler, itís too warm for jeans tomorrow! Otherwise could you wear a skirt that could be rolled down? xx

Claudia Iím 14+5 today :) maybe your baby was just about to do a pelvic show haha and the sonographer stopped just in time  ;D four more sleeps till your scan (unless you are in naps) xxx

Tarapt congratulations for team blue! Cheeky monkey already with not wanting to pose for his photo. Your geriatric mum comment made me giggle xxx

Opossum congrats on 12 weeks! How annoying that your scan was like that but at least you only have a few more days until your next one now. How are you feeling? xxx

Afm and re Turquoisegate  ;D DH obsessively went through the scan video at home until he got to the point where she asked if we knew what we were having and yep, deffo looks like a winky. The cord is higher up and lying across the tummy in the video. My consultant is also pretty zany (but great at her job) and was gleefully teasing us that she knew, especially DH as I told her he wasnít allowed to know  ;D ;D ;D itís not going to change anything either way as clothes/nursery will be the same regardless. Just a funny day! Oh also I am pretty sure Iím starting to feel movements now - exciting! xxx

Oh and I almost forgot - have any of you heard of the Babybox University? My local birthing centre put details up about it. Itís not available in all areas, but you basically have to do a mini course online by watching around 20 minutes of videos about pregnancy/birth/newborn care and answer a few questions, then you get a free baby box (Finnish style, for the first 6 months to sleep in). It includes the mattress, sheet, blanket and a dinky babygrow too. I paid 5.50 delivery for mine as I didnít want to have to go pick it up but it is sooooooo cute! My first Ďpurchaseí :) xxxxxxxx

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 19/04/18, 21:02 »
    Expatmum I missed you out. My sickness made a resurgence too, rubbish! Still not as bad as a few weeks ago but now it strikes without warning - eek. Hope youíre feeling better xxx

Tarapt I posted at the same time. Sounds like an absolute bargain! Did DH not want a changing table for his birthday?  ;) xxx

Offline JessicaJones

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 20/04/18, 13:10 »
    Hey everyone!

I hope the weather is gorgeous where you are? It's so lovely here that I'm sat in the garden writing this.

Congrats Opossum. I bet you can't wait for your scan on Mon!

It sounds like you got a real bargain at Toys R Us tarapt. We had a look around there a few weeks back but having done no research on what to buy we were clueless! So came away with nothing.

MadameG I thought I could feel movements at about 14 weeks too. Like little flutters but I don't think I'll truly know for sure until they are stronger. What do yours feel like? I'll look into Babybox University so thanks for the recommendation.

AFM - I've just met the kindest midwife ever! She listened to the heartbeat and got it in about 2 seconds. Like you said tarapt - it's surreal. She told me I can get her to listen to it whenever I like - whether it be at one of her clinics that are held twice weekly or a visit to my home. How lovely is that? She even encouraged me to book in for another 'listening' appointment in a week and a half. I feel so happy and relieved!  :)

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #249 on: 20/04/18, 14:28 »
    Jessica what a stellar midwife! Wonderful that you have that support and so lovely to hear the babyís heartbeat :) I think my best description is that to me it feels like little wriggles? Then sometimes it feels like a rolling motion, like a big marble turning under the skin. I heard a big movement on the doppler last night and I felt it at the same time too xxxxxx