* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 31373 times)

0 Members

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
  • no regrets
modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #250 on: 22/04/18, 18:23 »
Ladies quick question, what do you do about underwear?? My pants are really too small and now creating a horrible vpl across my tummy when I wear a skirt or something. Is there such a thing as maternity pants? Or do I just buy one size up from my usual? Or is there a specific style that works well with a belly?

Thanks xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #251 on: 22/04/18, 21:34 »
    Hello everyone,

Claudia - I had to get proper maternity ones.  You can get ones that sit below or go over the bump.  Everything else just cut into me.  I got my first ones from Asda which were kind of a lycra type material but they were really tight and hurt and also came up so high they were getting in the way of my bra.  The best I've got are H and M's cotton ones that go over the bump - really really comfy.  Although if you're wearing jeans with a built in bump pouch, then you've got an extra layer (and it's hot at the moment!).  I don't like the ones under the bump - I feel like I'm losing them!!  And also people are always touching my tummy so I prefer it covered than exposed. But that could be a personal preference :-)

Jessica - amazing midwife!

Hope everyone else had a lovely weekend in the sun.

AFM I think I might have had my first movements today.  But it could have been indigestion after a massive ice cream :-)  But it definitely felt like something was moving inside.  My next scan is in a week and a half - seems an eternity away!

Love to you all xxx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #252 on: 23/04/18, 09:33 »
    expatmum - never got to reply again before the cruise. It was lovely and we arrived back yesterday. :) Yay on probably feeling movement, so exciting!!

hazyshade - Oh it's lovely to tell people, isn't it? I put an announcement on social media 2 days ago and it felt so good to know that all our friends know now. Our family already knew, as they knew we were having treatment.

tarapt - It was lovely to see them both, although since the scan I started worrying (probably unnecessarily), because one baby wasn't moving and the sonographer said he/she was fast asleep. I guess that's normal, but can't help but think it is a problem...silly really. The cruise was great and I enjoyed getting some sun...Now back to gray and rainy England. Glad your 20 week scan went well, I still have 6 weeks to go. It sounds as if that scan is a very thorough one. Congratulations on it being a boy!! :) Wow that's a good price for a changing unit!

MadameG - Just received my conlsultant appointment last week. It's on 30th April, so not long. It's nice that your DH's son is excited about the baby :) I'll have my first consultant appointment on Monday and was wondering what he'll do. Great you got to see baby again. I've seen adverts for the babybox university online a couple of times, will have another look, sounds great.

BroodyChick - I am sorry to hear you had to go through all this. Take care of yourself and your little boy.

Claudia H - Thanks for passing on the tips :) Will remember the one about getting out of car/bed. Great that you can feel your baby now. I can't wait for that. I bought high leg knickers one and 2 sizes up from my normal size, as I though the maternity knickers at mothercare were a rediculous price. They work fine for now, not sure how long, though.

JessicaJones - The pics are great, they are so clear and I still can't believe they show MY babies. I hope your Midwife appointment went well, I need to call today to get an appointment. That midwife sounds lovely. I am not sure I like mine yet, will make my mind up at my second appointment.

Opossum - Welcome and congrats on making it to 12 weeks :)

AFM, I've had a lovely cruise and would have liked to stay a bit longer. Trying to save my remaining 3 weeks holiday to take before my maternity leave, though. I've bought a twin baby carrier yesterday, which I found on social media twin selling group. I joined a few since making my announcement on social media. Having an on and off dull ache on my left side today and also felt a bot nauseous this morning and yesterday. It's not really painful, I am just very aware of it, wondering what it is. Having my first consultant appointment on Monday and am excited to find out what that is all about, not sure at all what to expect. Will also need to call and make a midwife appointment.
    When I packed for my cruise I tried on a few tops to see if they still fit. When I wanted to wear one of them last week it was too small!! That happened quickly. I am huge, though. I already look like my sister did just before she gave birth to her baby.

I hope you're all well! Have a lovely day!

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #253 on: 23/04/18, 19:46 »
    Thanks for the tips ladies - I bought some maternity pants from H&M today so hopefully problem solved!

Opossum - welcome! congrats at getting to 12 weeks. nearly at 2nd trimester!!!

Neniel - so glad you had a lovely cruise. Good idea to save the rest of your holiday and roll it into maternity leave! Good luck with your first consultant appointment!!!

Expatmum - I'm sure you felt movement - it feels so different to everything else you just kind of know! how exciting!!

Jessica - that sounds like a great midwife. The midwives at my hospital don't listen to the heartbeat at all!

MadameG - any more little kicks??

Tarapt - any movement yet?

AFM - 20 weeks scan and all looks perfect. In the 50th percentile for weight so bang in the middle which is suppose is good? Who knows. DH still convinced he saw a pair of balls but the sonographger said people always think they see some 'tackle' but usually its something else. She says for couples who want to know she gets them to guess first and mostly they get it wrong. DH pretty convinced though and that's the second time he has spotted meat and two veg on a scan so who knows, maybe we are having a boy. We talk about 'it' as a boy - I think it will be a bit of a shock if it comes out a girl!

x

xx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #254 on: 23/04/18, 23:41 »
    Claudia so glad you had a lovely scan.  My sonographer approached from a completely different angle when we asked if she could tell us the sex.  There was no mistaking baby's little bits...    when is your next appointment?
    I've not felt any proper kicks but I'm getting  occasional fluttering .  I think it's a sleepy baby.  I've not bought special underwear yet.  My current pants sit under the bump so will stick with them for as long as I can.

Neniel great you enjoyed your cruise.  My first consultant appointment was quite quick.  Got booked in for extra scans though so not complaining.  Seeing them again this week.

Expatmum I'm the same,  I struggle to distinguish baby moving from tummy rumblings.  I have a noisy tummy at the best of times.  Does it feel like popping?

MadameG brilliant that you heard and felt baby move at the same time.  That must be reassuring.

Jessica what a nice midwife you have.  Did you record the heartbeat?  Apparently you can tell the sex from the sound of the heartbeat.  Was it a gallop or did it sound like a train?

Afm had to pick up dh present and couldn't help but go in toys r us again.  Got nursery curtains for 1.24!!!  They are absolutely perfect for the nursery! 
    I'm at the hospital on Thursday to see the consultant.  I'll have to mention my back pain.  Is anyone else suffering?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 25/04/18, 09:07 »
    Good morning :)

Claudia H - Glad to hear your 20 week scan went well. Do either of you have a preference for a boy or a girl? My husband wants our twins to be 2 girls, I'd really like a boy and a girl.

tarapt - Good luck for your consultant appointment tomorrow. I am also suffering with back pain, especially at work sitting at my desk. We have a stand up desk, so I could stand up, but I don't seem to have the enegery to stand for more than 5 minutes.

AFM, work up with a headache the last couple of days, hoping it's just weather related. Otherwise not much happening. Work is fairly busy. Waiting for my consultant and midwife appointments, getting bigger every day...

Hope you're all well :)

Offline Rosy678

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 26/04/18, 11:57 »
    Hi everyone, oops it's been a while since I posted. Time is flying and I want it to slow down so I can enjoy every second of being pregnant!

Neniel I've got a headache too and blaming it on topsy turvy weather. I do miss good painkillers! Glad you had a lovely cruise.

Tarapt that's an amazing bargain! There's next to nothing left in our babies r us, but we did get a door bouncer thing half price. Can't beat 1.24 for curtains though!! I have horrid backache. Its my lower back during the day and upper back ache at night and when I first wake up. I also have a painful tailbone! I googled and apparently it's hormones (obvs) so just gotta go with it.

Claudia that's so good your 20 week scan was all perfect. You're halfway now (right??) So not too much longer until you find out if it really is a boy. I have a boy feeling about mine, so does mum in law but my mum thinks girl. Hubby refuses to guess as he hates to be wrong...spoil sport!

Expatmum yay for movements! I'm so excited about that next step but I haven't felt anything yet.

Sorry if I've missed anyone else but I'm on my phone so hard to see. Hi to those I haven't said hi to!

I had my 16 week appointment with the midwife this morning and all is good, 140bpm so can't make any gender predictions as that's the cut off either way! We want a surprise though so won't find out. It seemed to take her ages to find the heartbeat and I don't think I breathed while she was searching, so of course I cried with relief when she found it. Phew. I booked in for hypnobirthing and waterbirthing classes, anyone else doing either of those? I have an underactive thyroid so have to see a consultant on Monday. I'll try to persuade him/her that I'd like to give birth in a midwife led maternity unit rather than a hospital if possible, as they seem a bit more homely. Anyone else thinking about that yet?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #257 on: 26/04/18, 16:24 »
    LunaWop - my due date has changed to 22/10 :)

Rosy - Glad to hear your appointment went well. I wanted to give birth in a midwife led unit, but my midwife said I can't because I am high risk, because of it being twins and my weight. The hospital I am supposed to give birth in has very good reviews for their maternity unit, though, so I'm sure it's be fine.

AFM, yesterday I was hungry all day, so I kept eating all day too. Glad that only seems to happen every now and then, otherwise I'd already be the size of a house. I am surprised that I still feel fairly relaxed after having my 12 week scan and everything being ok. 2 weeks after the last scan I was already worried that something could be wrong. At the moment I am feeling pretty sure that all is well. I've had no cramping or bleeding or anything and the probability for something to happen after 12 weeks is pretty low anyway. I did have quite a lot of round ligament pain recently, though, although it is a bit better today.

Hope you're all well. :)

Offline Claudia H

• Gold Member
    • no regrets
    modify
    « Reply #258 on: 26/04/18, 17:11 »
    Hi Ladies

Tarapt - how was the consultant?

Neniel- I get headaches in the morning. I think its to do with dehydrating over night. Usually goes away after a lot of liquid at breakfast.

Rosy - Id love to do an all natural midwife led birth but sadly things are complicated for me so it delivery ward all the way. I think it sounds lovely though.

X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline expatmum2

modify
    « Reply #259 on: 26/04/18, 21:47 »
    Evening ladies,

I'm having lots of headaches too at the moment.  Have thought it's a combination of interrupted nights and finding it impossible to hydrate enough.  I am constantly thirsty.  Is anyone else having trouble boiling up too?  I feel like my internal thermostat has broken!  The weather's all over the show here - we had 30 degrees on Sunday and were at on open air pool.  Today it was 12 degrees and I was back in jeans.  Going to Salzburg this weekend and we're booked on the Sound of Music tour so am hoping the bus is air conditioned as it's forecast 30 degrees again!

Baby movements definitely felt tonight - lots of them!  And yes, Tarapt it does feel like popping!  Good description of it!

Scan next week when i'll be at 17 weeks so will hopefully be able to find out the sex this time.  It had its legs curled up under its bum last time and wouldn't budge! 

Wishing you all a lovely weekend x