* Author Topic: BFP Due date September / October 2018  (Read 30255 times)

0 Members

Offline hazyshade

modify
BFP Due date September / October 2018
« Reply #260 on: 28/04/18, 07:09 »
Hi ladies.
Sorry been awol lately. What with work, and bits and pieces, these past few weeks have whizzed by! Today I'm 15 weeks+1 😍
I hope you and you're little ones are all progressing well 😊

Broodychick, it was lovely of you to check in, though I cannot imagine how difficult things are for you at the moment. I hope your little boy is giving you strength. Take care of yourself  *hugs*

Claudia, thanks for passing on those tips from your physio/baby class. As for underwear, at the moment I've gone up a size, but not sure how long it'll last 😂

Madame G, your scan made me chuckle- yay to team turquoise/blue 😂  I'll have a search about the babybox, it sounds interesting. That's a real pain that your sickness has returned. How annoying it's now random and without warning. Does anything help? Any pattern with foods that make it any better or worse? Hope you're able to keep hydrated, especially if the warm weather makes a reappearance

Tarapt your 20 wk scan sounded amazing, and congrats for finding out you're having a boy xx Wow, you've got some great bargains at toys r us! How was your Consultant appointment?

Hi Opposom, and welcome 🖑 congrats on reaching your second trimester x How was your scan?

Jessica, your midwife sounds wonderful!

Neniel, it really was lovely telling the. I've told mine and DHs Aunt's and Uncle's now too 😁
Your cruise sounded lovely. How amazing (if not for the discomfort) that your bump is so visible 😊 I can't wait to get a big bump.
I'm so pleased for you that some of the anxieties are at bay. I wonder if having something visible now is helping? I know it does for me. I struggled with all the not knowing, and get a thrill of excitement every time a look at myself ❤

Expatmum, how exciting you're feeling movements!!

Rosy, I've not looked into anything birth related yet. I've heard a little about hypnobirthing, but haven't looked into classes of any sort. I'm not sure yet but I imagine we'd go for the midwife-led unit.

AFM, nothing much to report really. I saw our Consultant a couple of weeks ago. She was happy that everything is going well. Baby's heartbeat was 155bpm. I tried to get a printout from her, but the machine didn't have any paper, so no joy.
I'm thinking of paying £39 for a dating scan through babybond, just for the picture that comes with it (and its cheaper than the reassurance scan).
I had a job interview the other week, for a post I was doing previously. I'm so pleased to have got it. My current role is really stressy at times. When I go back to this post, my hours will increase slightly, which will make a difference to my maternity pay.
DH is trying to refuse talking baby names until we know what we're having 😂 I'm still holding out though. It'll be a battle of who is more stubborn 😂🤣

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #261 on: 29/04/18, 20:51 »
    Hazyshade if you wait a bit longer you could get a 3d scan for not much more.  Have a look on  groupon they may have some offers near you.  You are supposed to be able to tell the sex from the bum.  Over 140 is supposed to be a girl.  Wasn't right for me though.  Congratulations on the new role.  Extra cash on maternity leaves not to be sniffed at.

Expatmum I hope you had a lovely weekend and you enjoyed the sound of music.  I seem to be constantly drinking and I can't go anywhere without o bottle of water.

Rosie what did the heartbeat sound like?  Was it like a train or a gallop?  Hope all goes well with the consultant tomorrow.  My hospital has a lovely birthing suite but I've not thought that far ahead.

Neniel do you think you are more hungry because you're having twins.  It must be a factor.  If it's any consolation it can't stop eating chocolate.  Hope your headache has eased.  When do you see the consultant and midwife?

Claudia how you getting on?

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Afm consultants appointment was disappointing.  Didn't get to hear the heartbeat.  I've glucose in my urine.  (They won't do anything unless I have the same result in my next sample - might be down to the glass of orange juice I had before my appointment). I had a whooping cough jab an my shoulder is still sore.  And the worst thing is they want to induce me at 39 weeks.  Reason being it's ivf and my age.  I've said no as I want the baby in September.  Only because I don't want baby to be the youngest in the year.  Is this unreasonable?  Obviously I'll not refuse if I there's any risk to the baby.  They won't let me go over 40 weeks anyway.

Then to finish the week off I had a funny turn.  Felt hot and dizzy.  It was health week at work and they had a blood pressure monitor so made it downstairs and my reading was 182/102 with a heart rate of 124 bpm.  Dh took me home and went and bought a bp monitor and it came down after an hour so didn't bother with the hospital.  I've just been taking it easy this weekend and chilling out but have felt fine since.  Anyone else had anything like this?

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #262 on: 30/04/18, 08:38 »
    Good morning ladies,

very quiet here at the moment, I hope you're all ok.

expatmum - I am also always thirsty, also during the night. At work everyone is always cold and I am sweating, luckily I sit next to a window, which I can open.

hazyshade - having a visible bump is definitely helping, although I've had that from about 8 week. It's quite a bit bigger now, though, so every time the doubts set in I look down on myself and think that they seem to be growing fine. That does help. Good your consultant scan went well :) Names is a difficult topic *haha

tarapt - I am not sure. It's not like I am constantly hungry, but I have some days were I just can't stop eating. My weight is fluctuating too, I weigh less now than I did at my first midwife appointment at 6 weeks, which worries me a bit. I'll mention it to the consultant. I am seeing the consultant today, hoping to hear their heart beats, haven't heard them yet and they were never measured either. Next week Tuesday I am seeing the midwife, will mention my weight to her also.

AFM, we went to a mothercare parents to be event yesterday, which was a little disappointing. On the website it mentioned talks about breastfeeding and first aid and things like that, but all they told us about was car seats and prams and the hospital bag. Then we could book and pay for a child first aid course. We did get 10 - 20% off things though, so we bought a gro eggg 2 room thermometer (half price), a nappy disposal system for £5, a baby video monitor, a baby grooming kit and all for just £92. Happy with that. We also looked at the pram which supposedly fit into Smart, it doesn't. I don't know what the measurements are they publish on their website, but nowhere near the measurements of the folded pram. Car seats was a similar desastser. The ones we looked at and knew had good safety test results either weren't tested on either of our cars, or were only compatible with one of them. So back to the drawing board...Next Saturday we have a 2 hour personal shopping appointment at mothercare, where we want to see if any of the twin prams we like fits into my smart, a couple of the tandem ones should - hopefully.

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #263 on: 30/04/18, 16:03 »
    Had my consultant appointment today and it was such a waste of time. First of all my appointment was 1 hour and 45 minutes late, so at 1pm instead of 11:15am. Then she just asked and told me things that were already filled in in my notes. Fair enough she changed my medication, but that didn't warrant me having an appointment that lasted over an hour. I was out of the hospital at 2:10pm, didn't get to see the babies or even just hear the heart beats... Very annoying. I will get a scan every 4 weeks, though, from 20 weeks onwards.

Sorry... rant over...

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #264 on: 30/04/18, 19:52 »
    Tarapt, how are you feeling now? That's strange that you had a funny turn and high BP. Have you got any apps where you can keep track on it?
    I've been having a look on Groupon for 4d scans, haven't found anything below around £70 yet, but I'll definitely keep looking.
    How frustrating you weren't able to hear the heartbeat. It's weird how varied the services are in different areas. I'm suprised sometging like the heartbeat isnt more standard at appointments (though my experience is probably too limited to comment)
    Would you consider a private scan so you can hear it?
    Fingers crossed the plans to induce go as you hope. I think your reason for wanting a September birth is really valid. Fingers crossed you get a plan you're happy with.

Neniel, that sounds like a disappointment with your Consultant appointment. How do you feel about the monthly scans? How frustrating the car seat/buggy saga wasn't resolved. Are there any baby show-type events that could help do you think? Would you have the option to swsp cars with DH for the few months otherwise?

Neniel, after writing my last post, I've had a bit of a hormone-fuelled wobble. I was aware of it last night while I was on the phone to DH. He'd been at work all day, and with his unsocial hours, I felt like I'd not seen him properly to talk about stuff.
    I'm a bit sensitive about my size at the moment. I feel fat rather than pregnant. I had worked hard to lose the weight in prep for the IVF. Last night and today, I've had niggling thoughts that something will happen with my pregnancy, and that people will not believe I'm pregnant. As I'm typing this, I've realised what triggered it. I was at a yoga class yesterday, where there was another pregnant lady in the class. The teacher was giving her instruction for "the pregnant lady", and I felt like a fraud. I kept having irrational thoughts that people in the class wont believe im pregnant, or that my pregnancy isnt as valid in some way.
    Today I had acupuncture, and was tearful. She was so lovely, understanding, and reassuring. She said that a lot of women- particularly women who have had experiences of a pregnancy loss- have said similar things to her over the years. I found it really comforting, and not so alone.
    She also recommended that I speak with my midwife about how I've been feeling. I think ill give her a call tomorrow if im still feeling like this.

Sorry for the word-vomit everyone. I've mostly been doing really well and positive about everything. Has anyone else been having these sorts of thoughts, however irrational?

Offline MadameG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #265 on: 30/04/18, 20:51 »
    Hazy your post made me all teared up! Sending you big hugs  ^hugme^ Youíre certainly no fraud. Perhaps its a bit of self protection, a way to stop you getting hurt? I think thatís a good idea to contact the midwife as there is lots of support out there during pregnancy. The hormones plus history plus standard pregnancy anxiety donít make a brilliant mix at the best of times. Lots of love hunny xxxxxxx

Neneil sorry to hear that your appointment was rubbish, gutting that you didnít get a baby peak either! What did they change on your meds? Sounds like you got some bargains and hopefully the personal shopping experience with be fab Xx

Tarapt I have had some dizzy/fainty spells too. I spoke to my midwife at my appointment last week and she said that pregnancy can make the blood pressure go a bit erratic and to be careful when changing positions. I would contact them if it spikes or you feel off again though, they wonít mind :) I will be induced around 38 weeks too (owing to my history plus there is a general risk of the placenta getting a bit ropey at the end), I think for August infants, you can potentially keep them back a year? You never know, they may make a grand entrance regardless of any plans! xxx

Expatmum how was the tour?! Did you manage to keep cool? Xxx

Rosy I wonít have a choice over delivery but I would have chosen a hospital birth anyway xxx

Afm I have been reading along but my two week burst of energy seems to have been rather short lived, hoping it comes back! Movements are every day now and I canít stop looking at my bump :) I had to get some more clothes at the weekend as my wardrobe options are rapidly diminishing, a good problem to have though. Oh last week at my midwife appointment was the only time I have had the heart rate monitored - it was 157bpm - I noticed a few ladies mentioning it. I did find a study that found zero correlation between gender and bpm, so I think it may be another (albeit rather recent) old wives tale! Booo! Iím back with my consultant tomorrow morning, hoping that Panda is growing nicely xxxx

Offline tarapt

modify
    « Reply #266 on: 30/04/18, 21:29 »
    MadameG it will either be a boy or a girl.   ;D. As well as looking at your bump do you touch it a lot as if you are making sure it's still there.  Do you notice the movement at certain times?  I seem to notice baby moving after dinner when I sit down and relax.  I'm keeping my legs crossed until September but yes,  baby will come when it suits and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Oh hazy please don't feel like you are a fraud.  You might find that one day you wake up and you've popped and look more pregnant.  Happened a few weeks ago to me, definitely no hiding it now.  We are all here to listen if you are struggling I'm sure we have all had wobbles.  Sending you hugs.   ^hugme^

Neniel what a shame the consultant appointment was disappointing.  I wonder if we expect too much.  We are all having special babies and have overcome all sorts of hurdles to get to this position and we expect special treatment. As if you can hear the heartbeat when you see the midwife.  I didn't get to hear mine until 16 weeks. 
    How rubbish that you are having to rethink prams and car seats and I'm glad I'm not the only one with an eye for a bargain.  Mamas & papas offer similar events if there is one near.

Afm going to speak to the midwife tomorrow and mention the high blood pressure but we had someone run into the back of our car whilst we were stationary tonight.  It was only a tiny bump but just want to be sure.

Hope everyone else is ok.

Offline hazyshade

modify
    « Reply #267 on: 30/04/18, 22:03 »
    Thank you ladies, I really appreciate your messages and support xx

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #268 on: 3/05/18, 08:37 »
    Good morning ladies,

hazyshade - you're not a fraud, I am sorry you feel this way.

MadameG - The clinic in Athens prescribed Clexane injections until week 12, so I stopped them a couple of weeks ago. Now the consultant said I need to continue them throughout the pregnancy and 6 weeks after. My bruises had just faded... Great that you feel movement every day now, that must be quite reassuring. I know what you mean about looking at your bump, I take every opportunity to look at mine as well. :)

tarapt - I didn't really expect that I could get a peak at the babies or hear their heartbeats when I had my consultant appointment, I was hoping for it I guess. But just being asked questions that I have already been asked and given information I have already been given was a waste of time...Did you speak to the midwife about the blood pressure? Did you get checked after someone run into the back of your car? I hope  you're ok.

AFM, I started feeling movement now, it's not regular and if I feel it, I don't feel it for very long, but it's amazing :) My phone did an update and now won't boot up, that's rather annoying. Also I've had a migraine the last couple of days and none of the medication I can take did help and I couldn't take my normal medication, as it's not safe in pregnancy. Feeling better today, though.

I hope you're all ok :)

Offline Neniel

modify
    « Reply #269 on: 4/05/18, 07:49 »
    Good morning,

I had a little bit of bleeding last night. It wasn't much, but bright red. It happened when I wiped, a couple of times a blob a little bit bigger than a 2 Pound piece and then just a few streaks. Now there is no more fresh blood, just brown spotting. I am still scared that something is wrong. Called NHS Direct and was told to try and get a scan booked in. Now waiting to be able to call someone to see if I can get a scan done. I hope everything is ok, I'm feeling very emotional at the moment :(